Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Bloom Is on Axew (668)

I LOLed when Doryuuzu sent Pendoraa blasting off. I liked the fact that this episode didn't end with Pendoraa and kibago making amends, or any mushy crap like that.

Quote Originally Posted by thebluemarc View Post
    So this is how uneventful it is
    What are you talking about? This episode was very eventful.
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle twig View Post
    Iris is still a frustrating character to me. She won't battle Ash or take his advice, yet she's just as much a novice as he used to be.
    Well, she just said in this episode that she won't battle Satoshi because she knows, basically, Satoshi can't really hold back and that Kibago would get pwned by Volt Tackle. She doesn't like losing too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle twig View Post
    I hope Dento keeps comparing her and Ash, because unless she's in love with Ash, I see no reason for her to be there.
    Or, you know, maybe she could actually have her own story. She has her own journey and her own goals. Maybe the anime is following her and Satoshi without it being the same female co-star thing it had been doing before.

-See everyone whining about Kibago asking if he could fight? Clearly he can't right now cause...he kinda stinks at it. But HOLY S*** HE CAN DO DRAGON RAGE! (lol, Satoshi calls puns Dragon Rage for Dragon sneeze) This pretty much means that Kibago absolutely needs to evolve into it's final form so he can be an absolute monster with it and this establishes a pretty good character arc for Iris. That being said, I laughed pretty hard at it's failure though. Lot's of NegaiShipping moments today

-I didn't even think it was possible to get Solarbeam that small.

-Ooooooh, an origin story for Kibago and Iris. Haven't seen something like that in a while. So she's on a mission to travel with Kibago and have him evolve into Ononokusu. (I spy Reshiram and Zekrom statues. Ten bucks says Iris' home is a plot point in the future)

-O...kay, I did not expect Pendoraa to sound like...that.

-EPIC lol at Iron Tail failing and Pikachu bowing at Pendoraa in apology. Pikachu is too funny today

-Doryuzuu's quite the battle-junkie isn't he? It'll be a while before he listens to Iris though. That being said, it's great to see that Iris has another Pokemon.

-I really like this group dynamic. I don't know if it'll be seen less and less as the episodes go on, but the fact that Dento is constantly interacting with Iris in these episodes outside of battle commentary is a very good thing to watch. This trio definitely is giving off some good vibes to me and I think it would be great if they could keep this kind of dynamic up as the series goes on.

-Satoshi vs. Pikachu. BATTLE OF THE CENTURY! (The troll face Pikachu makes with the thumbs up is priceless) Who needs TR when you've got comedy like this.

WHERE WAS MIJUMARU TODAY!
    Last edited by garfield15; 12th November 2010 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    -O...kay, I did not expect Pendoraa to sound like...that.
    No, really. It sounded like a bird. I was like "WTF?!?" But I liked the voice they gave Doryuuzu.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

Funny, insightful, awesome...yah.

I sorta like Dento and Yannapu now. Both just seem so eager to help others out, yah know...If Yannapu evolves, I hope it doesn't go into the whole "Violent tail swinging" thing and change. Besides, it's voice is adorable.
    Please, please post after me. I can't stand to have killed another topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    that ain't really fair since the bird's only gender distinction comes when it reaches it's final form so how could he have known ahead of time that Memepato was female, how could he know what Pendoraa's gender was? It's not like he's gonna figure out a pokemon's gender right off.
    I believe like in the games, the Pokedex Ash has gives data on the Pokemon he's got, including their gender. So he could just check that if he was ever inclined to.

Though, in the world of the anime it seems to be easier to determine a Pokemon's gender even without differences, since both Iris and Dento were apparently able to realize Mamepato was female well before Ash.
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

Quote Originally Posted by Isis-sama View Post
    Though, in the world of the anime it seems to be easier to determine a Pokemon's gender even without differences, since both Iris and Dento were apparently able to realize Mamepato was female well before Ash.
    They realized that because Mamepato didn't go all gaga over Tsutarja. Before that, they had no idea, but assumed Ash knew about it. He didn't. That's why the funny facefaults.
    Please, please post after me. I can't stand to have killed another topic.

Loved the episode! I love Kibago's faces and poses today! Suuuchh a cute Pokemon. Kibago is such a baby Pokemon it's cute. And it's crying over being pelted by a week bullet-seed was priceless.

As was it's freaking dragon rage of epicness. Lol. Made my day. It was interesting to see Iris have a bit more of a character. I'm glad she had another Pokemon. Makes me wonder if she has more that she's just hiding.

I really like Iris for some reason. I'm just intrigued by her story because it's not totally set in stone like Misty, May, or Dawn. I'm happy if they leave her with some air of mystery. But I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal her story really quickly either. Either way, I want to see Kibago evolve! Even if it is a cute baby Pokemon.

Def. an interesting episode. Loved the character's faces. Pendoraa sounded weeeird, and moved weird. But ah well. The humor of the episode please me. I love the new Team Rocket, but can they pleaaase do something? I mean, if they're going to appear in EVERY episode (STILL), at least have them somewhat active. However, I'll take this NEW team rocket over the OLD one. So I won't complain too much. Hah.

A new generation of Pokemon has begun.
    The Kalos region awaits. Prepare yourself...

I can't believe NO ONE is commenting on the massive bone the writers gave the people obsessed with the anime world map:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n.../pokearth3.jpg

Where are the regions now? And that is NOT a replica of New England, my friends.

^^Well there is a thread about it in the Spoilers topic.

Wow, I had no idea that Doryuuzu was such a midget. And it even appears to be bigger in the anime than in the games. I'd been picturing this thing as being the size of Infernape or Garchomp or something like that, so imagine my surprise to find out that it's only as big as Gible.

And woohoo for Mega-Destructo-Dragon Rage. It looks like its using freakin' Explosion.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

I just took a look at some of the pictures, and I was wondering: Is that a meteorite Giovanni was showing them?
    What is the plan with that?

Yanappu and Tsutarja had a pretty simple strategy, and it almost worked.

Yanappu would use Bullet Seed to stop Pendoraa from moving, then Tsutarja would grab Pendoraa by the horns to bring it down to a level where Iris could run in and get Kibago out. Pendoraa just had other plans...

I really hope Doryuuzu eventually trusts Iris. It makes me wonder what would happen if she gave Doryuuzu to Ash...

Pikachu impersonations FTW.

Comedic Ash FTW FTW FTW.

No, I'm not giving anyone credit for my team pose because I made it myself.

This episode also showed from which heritage Iris was based on. Her village had a lot of Native American style designs around it. You can tell from the abstract figures and theme which resembled Pueblo Indian art. It makes sense considering Isshu = America, and it would be the native people who maintain the knowledge of the first dragons in the land.

-Doryuuzu was awesome, of course.

-Yanappu vs Kibago made me laugh.

-Glad the Pendoraa didn't turn out to be nice and only mean because Kibago was on it's head, after he was gone it was still glaring at Iris.

-Did I mention Doryuuzu was cool?
    Last edited by Joe.; 12th November 2010 at 8:27 AM.
    [IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/2qs5fe1.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://oi52.*******.com/59u7vn.jpg[/img]
    Doryuuzu Excadrill is the best!

Cool ep. Doryuzuu was every bit the bro I expected him to be <3

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Wow, I had no idea that Doryuuzu was such a midget. And it even appears to be bigger in the anime than in the games. I'd been picturing this thing as being the size of Infernape or Garchomp or something like that, so imagine my surprise to find out that it's only as big as Gible.
    Maybe that's true in the games, but in the anime Gible is pretty short, it's barely "if bigger" than the size of Pikachu,

However in this episode Doryuuzu was definitely bigger.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

The one thing I don't get is why didn't Iris want to battle Ash?

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    I can't believe NO ONE is commenting on the massive bone the writers gave the people obsessed with the anime world map:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n.../pokearth3.jpg

Where are the regions now? And that is NOT a replica of New England, my friends.
    I think Isshu's still slightly America because if you look at the virtual map sideways, you'll notice the continent on the right (or bottom if you look at it normally) has the same parts that make up Norway, Sweden, Finland, & part of Russia, which is right across from New York. I know this because I always thought they looked like a camel's head. But yeah, you're right. They altered the continents so people would end these stupid debates, but that could never stop the dub from saying it, whether or not they do

..................................Link to map of the world.....................................
    http://www.tcnj.edu/~miller47/world%20map.jpg
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 12th November 2010 at 12:22 PM.

Black2/
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Hearing from Cheren that Team Flare has attacked the Aspertia Academy and blew up the school to try to get me to leave Kalos

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    The one thing I don't get is why didn't Iris want to battle Ash?
    Because Ash would want to battle her for real and go too hard on Kibago, who's not ready for it. Also, Doryuuzu who doesn't listen to her.
        Spoiler:- XY Dream:

Pokemon: Everyone has their favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabonea_Masukippa View Post
    Because Ash would want to battle her for real and go too hard on Kibago, who's not ready for it. Also, Doryuuzu who doesn't listen to her.
    But he's gone easy on Pokemon before. Remember the episode with Paras?

Black2/
    • Name- Dale Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post

And woohoo for Mega-Destructo-Dragon Rage. It looks like its using freakin' Explosion.
    When Doryuuzu was first revealed in the games I thought it would have been rather big as well. Then at some point I saw it's height and it's suppose to be Gible's height that made my mouth drop, much smaller then I could have ever thought it would be. And it did look bigger in the anime than in the games yet still small. But it just gives more meaning to "Big things come in small packages" and "Size doesn't matter", which was clearly proven in the episode with Doryuuzu making Pendoraa look like a loser Pokemon.

I originally thought that the move was going to be Draco Meteor and have a similar repeat from DP, where it fails all the time, but then I found out it was Dragon Rage, found it odd, then again Draco Meteor for it right now would be a little too soon even if it failed at it.

This episode made me enjoy Dento and Iris' character a lot more, as well as Ash's(As for Team Rocket...well I already am enjoying them fully so I can't see me enjoy them even more, impossible it is).

I hope the writers keep up with what their doing, so far I'm enjoying this region's start more then any other.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    . . . . with Doryuuzu making Pendoraa look like a loser Pokemon.
    At least someone got a blast-off in this episode

Black2/
    • Name- Dale Hudson

I think Isshu's still slightly America because if you look at the virtual map sideways, you'll notice the continent on the right (or bottom if you look at it normally) has the same parts that make up Norway, Sweden, Finland, & part of Russia, which is right across from New York. I know this because I always thought they looked like a camel's head. But yeah, you're right. They altered the continents so people would end these stupid debates, but that could never stop the dub from saying it, whether or not they do

..................................Link to map of the world.....................................
    http://www.tcnj.edu/~miller47/world%20map.jpg

You're right.

Creepy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../pokeworld.jpg

At least someone got a blast-off in this episode
    I was expecting the writers to do it how they usually do it Team Rocket, but when I saw it just falling back down it wasn't as funny for me(Although I still found it funny).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

1,000,000 points for me for guessing correctly that Iris would reveal how she got Kibago. Good episode too.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast