Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Bloom Is on Axew (668)

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    I loved the episode start to finish especially the first offical human vs pokemon battle in human history but I wanted to know who won!!!
    Not true, there have been plenty of other human vs Pokemon battles before. Two that come to mind are once way back in Johto when Bruno battled a Tyrogue and Jessie battling Seviper as a way of catching it. I'm sure there's more, but those are just two that come to mind.

I know Pikachu has shocked Ash before, but this time must be the first time he WANTED to.

From now on, I'm calling it Dragon Rage Dragon Sneeze.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    Not true, there have been plenty of other human vs Pokemon battles before. Two that come to mind are once way back in Johto when Bruno battled a Tyrogue and Jessie battling Seviper as a way of catching it. I'm sure there's more, but those are just two that come to mind.
    You mean Bruno fought a huge Onyx. That's another guy.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Bad episode. Worst of BW so far. Even though it had some significant plot points, it was boring and bland. I hated Scolipede's voice too.

5/10. Thank god next week is the rival battle.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Bad episode. Worst of BW so far. Even though it had some significant plot points, it was boring and bland. I hated Scolipede's voice too.

5/10. Thank god next week is the rival battle.
    Listen to the Japanese version, Scolipede's voice sounds pretty much the same

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

This episode was pretty good. Nice to see Scolipede and Exadrill, the latter sounded awesome. Also like Axew's Dragon Rage being called Dragon Sneeze.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

how did iris catch exacdrill?!?!
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Quote Originally Posted by cookies kill you View Post
    Yeah, it sucked that Iris's Excadrill just seemed to pop out of nowhere, leaving us no clue as to where it came from. That's my only concern with this episode.

Other than that, I loved this episode - it was one of the best episodes in BW so far. It revealed a lot about Iris's background and why her Axew is so underpowered. I also loved, loved, loved Dragon Sneeze - ahh, Ash, you can be a pain in the neck as well as a natural comedian.

Pansage's gentle bullet seed and solarbeam pwning Axew while Axew just aimlessly scratched just made me LOL.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Loved the episode. One of my favorites so far

Yes, Excadrill literally came out of nowhere.

DRAMATIZATION:

Iris: ...And my Axew is kind of weak, so that's why I'm training it. It's been a long time ever since I last got him. But now it's time to save him!

*EXCADRILL COMES OUT*

Ash: Who's that Pokemon?!

Iris: *Sighs* He hates me. That's all I'm going to say.

Cilan: What a waste of a secret ingredient.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

Jessie vs. Seviper and Bruno vs. Onyx was different from Ash vs. Pikachu though, Ash vs. Pikachu was more of a training battle, but Chuck in Johto, did a training battle with his Machoke. But Ash vs. Pikachu, I think that's a first and I liked the new dub voiced, Excadrill, Scolipede and the Elder. Excadrill's voice makes we angry that we hardly see Excadrill anymore, the next time we'll here it's voice again, will be 18 episodes from now, well depending if 3 episodes will be shown in the dub.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    I was joking, I do know there have been others. It was just a way so I could say 'I wonder who won' at the end. I must be bad at conveying sarcasm on the internet .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

For an episode with such important information, I didn't enjoy it. Iris came off as an arrogant hypocrite, and Ash just seemed clueless to everything already said. On a scale of 1-10, I give this episode a 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Listen to the Japanese version, Scolipede's voice sounds pretty much the same
    I did see it. I still don't like either one.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by turtle twig View Post
    For an episode with such important information, I didn't enjoy it. Iris came off as an arrogant hypocrite, and Ash just seemed clueless to everything already said. On a scale of 1-10, I give this episode a 5.
    I agree she is a hypocrite because she is just as much as a kid, if not worse, as Ash is. However, instead of arrogance I think she shows ignorance. She just won't accept that Ash sometimes has some good ideas.

Also, she acts very childish if thats the right word. When Ash asks her for a battle and she replies 'I just don't want to lose' it shows that she is scared of defeat and maybe she is worried that her 'image' would be tarnished.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    I agree she is a hypocrite because she is just as much as a kid, if not worse, as Ash is. However, instead of arrogance I think she shows ignorance. She just won't accept that Ash sometimes has some good ideas.

Also, she acts very childish if thats the right word. When Ash asks her for a battle and she replies 'I just don't want to lose' it shows that she is scared of defeat and maybe she is worried that her 'image' would be tarnished.
    I hope they touch up on this again later. Either she learns that Ash is right sometimes, and we learn more about Iris's hometown or goals. I might appreciate this a bit more if there's supposed to be some mystery to who Iris really is.

Yah I didn't like how Iris wouldn't take any of Ash's ideas either or let him battle, he's gone easy on a Pokemon before way back in Kanto and that's when he was just starting. Other than that, I felt Ash was really funny here I cracked up when he said Whatever and mocked Iris and her battlingXD I also really liked the ending Ash V.S Pikachu yah we need a round 2 with Ash learning new attacks LOL.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Yes, Excadrill literally came out of nowhere.
    At first I thought that too... but now that I'm thinking about it...

Didn't Misty's Staryu and Starmie kind of pop out of nowhere too?
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Quote Originally Posted by cookies kill you View Post
    No one knows. It will most likely be revealed later on.

Anyways, Excadrill sounded nice. Scolipede sounds weird, just like in the Japanese one, mainly because most would expect a deeper voice for it, and more scary, but I don't think it was bad though.

Drillbur was mentioned in the Pokedex, but Whirilpede wasn't odd. Not sure if the same thing happened with the Japanese one.

Cilan is so awesome.

Dragon Sneeze is pretty awesome too...in a laugh at it sort of way.

Iris development is nice.

Ash taking a back seat is also nice.

I like the episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno_rocks View Post
    At first I thought that too... but now that I'm thinking about it...

Didn't Misty's Staryu and Starmie kind of pop out of nowhere too?
    Yup and Goldeen too XD

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    I did see it. I still don't like either one.
    I'm just saying that maybe they're either trying to make the dub voices as authentic to the original ones as possible or they got the guy who did the Japanese voice to do it

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

This episode was okay, nothing too special about it. Though at least it focused mainly on Iris and Axew. I dislike Iris's attitude towards Ash throughout the episode.

My main gripe with this episode is that Iris's two main Pokémon, Axew and Excadrill, feel like poor rehashes of Ash's Pokémon, Gible and Charizard respectively.

It's kind of a been there and done that thing by now.

I also don't like how Ash seems to be getting younger, at least in terms of maturity. In Diamond and Pearl I was happy because Ash, while not shown to be physically older, showed much more mature tendencies while still being himself. Compare his treatment of Charizard to Chimchar for instance; he learned from where he went wrong before and became a better trainer and capable of handling a similar situation better.

The force of him still being 10 after all these years and acting and being referred to as a "little kid" feels like he has devolved more than anything and years of growth have been undone.

You know what would be great? If this Excadrill turned out to be Clay's, and he gave it to Iris when he learned what her journey was. The Unova Gym Leaders seem to know each other really well in the games, I don't see why they wouldn't in the anime.

Although, that would beg the question: Why doesn't Cilan know Iris? Maybe Drayden's the Gym Leader, and Iris and Clay know each other through him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

Loved getting to know a bit more about Iris and Axew. And also loved Ash too "Was she your grandma. No shes the leader of the town". Oh and Ash and Clian winding Iris up over Dragon sneeze was hilarious. Clian has fitted so well into the group and love his and Ashs friendship. Iris still annoys me slightly but so did Dawn at first and grew to like her. I agree over Exadrill being a copy of charizard though i was like have we been down this path before

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast