Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The worst fully evolved Pokémon of all time

Default The worst fully evolved Pokémon of all time

Sup guys. First of all, when I say fully evolved pokemon I'm not referring to pokémon like luvdisc or delibird, with fully evolved pokémon I mean the final stages of pokémon that are able to evolve, so pokémon like unown and castform will not be on this thread.
    That said, I would like to introduce to you guys the worst fully evolved Pokémon of all time in my opinion.
    Cherrim: The stat distribution of this thing is so mediocre that makes sunflora's stats look superb, the highest stat it has is a subpar 87 special attack which makes Cherrim struggle to OHKO any pokemon in the game.
    Its base 85 speed doesn't help either, it won't be able to outspeed any sweeper in the game and I know it can outspeed a fair amount of walls but how will it be able to defeat them with such a shallow and weak movepool that relies on hidden power for coverage, Cherrim will just fail with almost every single wall, and by the way, have you guys ever looked at dat 70/70/78 bulk combined with the worst defensive typing in the game, well good luck on a metagame full of fire blasts, brave birds, ice beam and pixilate powered hyper voices.
    "Hey but flower gift raises its special defense and attack in the sun", well this thing will have to survive a hit in order to set up a sunny day and with dat bulk it won't happen, "bring ninetales", all right but I must remember you guys that sunny day powers up fire type moves by 1, making the boost on special defense useless for defending against special fire types, and WHAT IS THE REASON of raising its attack, it barely learns any decent physical move
    (cut lol) and its attack is so abysmal that even after this boost it is still going to be bad.
    Horrible stats, useless ability,abysmal movepool, not good as an attacker or a wall. This is the worst excuse for a final stage pokémon I have ever seen on my life.
    Well which are on your opinion the worst fully evolved pokémon of all time?

Probopass. Nosepass is cute and adorable and I love him and Probopass ruins everything by being an abomination

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Probopass. Nosepass is cute and adorable and I love him and Probopass ruins everything by being an abomination
    I couldn't agree more. I'm sure it wouldn't have been so hard to come up with a design that actually looks good.

If we are talking about stats Persian is really weak too
    FC: 3711-9176-7509
    IGN: Creyk

Probably Delcatty. It has no redeeming qualities.

Arbok's incredibly underwhelming. It's a shame, really; it looks so cool.

Former Poison-type Gym Leader of the now-defunct Fruitful League

I agree, when I first saw it in game I thought WHAT IS THIS. It's just like one of these things.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again-UNOWN. The worst Pokemon period, let alone the worst fully evolved Pokemon. Oh, sure it's not the weakest in terms of BST. But here's why it still is the worst fully evolved Pokemon
    * Even ignoring there are other fully-evolved Pokemon weaker than it, that doesn't change the fact it's one of the most abysmal Pokemon ever. There are only five Pokemon statistically weaker than that
    * Three of those very weak Pokemon have a unique strength-Smeargle has infinite versatility and needs the low stats to balance it out, Shedinja has an ability that makes it nigh-immortal when used right, and Ditto can negate its poor stats with Imposter. All Unown's moveset and ability allows it to use an unpredictable move and avoid Ground attacks
    * Unlike the remaining two lightweights, Unown can't even be used strategically. Both Luvdisc and Delibird can learn a number of moves. It's not much, but it's something. Unown doesn't even have that. And it's one move is almost random, and can't do more than 70 base damage...and has like a one in 17 chance of getting STAB. I am eternally, thoroughly convinced Unown is the worst fully evolved Pokemon period, and until it finally gets an evolution that makes catching all those Unown useful, will remain the worst Pokemon PERIOD
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

Glalie, Aromatisse, Slurpuff and Delcatty

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    I've said it before, but I'll say it again-UNOWN. The worst Pokemon period, let alone the worst fully evolved Pokemon. Oh, sure it's not the weakest in terms of BST. But here's why it still is the worst fully evolved Pokemon
    * Even ignoring there are other fully-evolved Pokemon weaker than it, that doesn't change the fact it's one of the most abysmal Pokemon ever. There are only five Pokemon statistically weaker than that
    * Three of those very weak Pokemon have a unique strength-Smeargle has infinite versatility and needs the low stats to balance it out, Shedinja has an ability that makes it nigh-immortal when used right, and Ditto can negate its poor stats with Imposter. All Unown's moveset and ability allows it to use an unpredictable move and avoid Ground attacks
    * Unlike the remaining two lightweights, Unown can't even be used strategically. Both Luvdisc and Delibird can learn a number of moves. It's not much, but it's something. Unown doesn't even have that. And it's one move is almost random, and can't do more than 70 base damage...and has like a one in 17 chance of getting STAB. I am eternally, thoroughly convinced Unown is the worst fully evolved Pokemon period, and until it finally gets an evolution that makes catching all those Unown useful, will remain the worst Pokemon PERIOD
    Basically this. I've played and watcged random battles and seen dustoxes KO mewtwos and delibirds clearing rocks to rescue charizards. But Unown. Every other fully-evolved pokemon has some redeeming feature and the potential to surprise you opponent except for unown. Even vivillon can use aromatherapy, luvdisc is infuriating with toxic and stall moves, farfetch'd has a defiant knock off like bisharp, kricketune gets sticky webs and forces switches with preish song, plusle and minun are surprisingly fast baton passers. The only pokemon you are completely safe against is unown. The funny thing is that one of its best stats is physical attack... It makes me want to see it mega evolve and get something like huge power only better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aduro View Post
    Basically this. I've played and watcged random battles and seen dustoxes KO mewtwos and delibirds clearing rocks to rescue charizards. But Unown. Every other fully-evolved pokemon has some redeeming feature and the potential to surprise you opponent except for unown. Even vivillon can use aromatherapy, luvdisc is infuriating with toxic and stall moves, farfetch'd has a defiant knock off like bisharp, kricketune gets sticky webs and forces switches with preish song, plusle and minun are surprisingly fast baton passers. The only pokemon you are completely safe against is unown. The funny thing is that one of its best stats is physical attack... It makes me want to see it mega evolve and get something like huge power only better.
    Thank you. But if Unown is to be redeemed, it needs a straight-up evolution. That way it can actually have a moveset, more than 100 BST boost and generally not be awful
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

Sunflora - What a terrible, terrible Pokemon. Especially that Speed stat.
    Not even it's Ability Chlorophyll can help it.
    It's only redeeming feature is one of its ORAS Move Tutor moves, Earth Power

And Hidden Power has been recently retconned to 60 base power, so yeah. Unown wins clearly.

If we are talking about species that have one evolution at least, Delcatty, Ledian and Sunflora would win, with Probopass, Vespiquen, Mothim, Bastiodon, Wormadam Plant Cloak, Parasect and bulk of early route trash besides the likes of Diggersby, Staraptor, Talonflame etc. having special honorary status.

If we are talking about species that have three stages, Butterfree, Dustox, Beautifly would win, especially now that we have early bugs with full stats(Leavanny and Scolipede) and powerful moves and useful abilities(Vivillon).
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Lumineon is pretty terrible >_> All of it's stats are pretty terrible with it's highest being 91 Speed.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    Check out my Power Ranger FanFics:https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1802430/
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Wormadam and unown are both bad so bad. But for me unown wins

I have to agree with several people above. The first time I saw Delcatty's stats, I just felt so much pity. They even have awfully useless abilities, especially Normalize, which turns all of the Pokemon's attacks into Normal-type moves. The other ones might have had some use if the poor things weren't so frail.

As for ruined potential, special mention goes to Masquerain, for changing its typing into the horrible and common Bug/Flying from Surksit's Bug/Water, which was maybe unique? I understand why but it is still so, very dissapointing...
    My faith in humanity has been renewed and strengthned by the generosity and tenacity of people willing to help me in something as trivial as a Poke'mon game.

Volbeat and Illumise would be pretty bad if it wasn't for Prankster and then they still aren't that great
    If you want to follow me on twitter i would very much appreciate it https://twitter.com/mtie123

Friend code = 1246 9647 9334

Hey guys, pokemon like Unown, Delibird and Volbeat aren't fully evolved pokémon on the criteria of thies thread. As I said before, fully evolved pokémon are the final forms of pokémon that are ABLE TO EVOLVE, but I can't deny that Unown is by far the most underpowered pokémon out there.

I personally think the worst fully evolved Pokemon is Wormadam. Its stats are abysmal, its movepool sucks and its types are horrible (and other Pokemon with those types have far superior stats, moves, etc). Overcoat is a pretty good ability but, unless you trade for one or have one from gen5, you're stuck using its regular ability Anticipation, which is a terrible ability IMO.

Have to agree with the above, I think the honour should go to wormadam, particularly the plant cloak. It's better in doubles but still pretty bad. The smogon entry for the sandy cloak gave me a good laugh though!
    Last edited by Tangeh; 27th August 2015 at 9:21 PM.

Dance like no one is watching ♫

~ ~
    [719/720]
    lend me hoopa pls?
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258

Sunflora was always on my list for worst fully evolved pokemon, both design and competitive-wise.

Thank you. But if Unown is to be redeemed, it needs a straight-up evolution. That way it can actually have a moveset, more than 100 BST boost and generally not be awful
    Unown doesn't seem to be a pokemon that should evolve though. Having only Hidden Power as it's move is a real downer. Sunflora is a pretty poor pokemon in terms of stats and evolving from a pokemon with bad stats.

Worst fully evolved Pokémon ever? I'm gonna say Delcatty. It has low stats and everything it can do can be done better by another Pokémon.

I have claimed Dialga
    I have claimed "In the Final" - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

The opposing Weavile's Weavilite is reacting to Cyrus's Mega Cufflink!

I would probably say Bastiodon. It's weak and slow. I would rather use Aggron or Rampardos.

Agreed. I don't even think it needed an evolution

Look wise?
    Magmortar

Stat wise?
    Sunflora

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast