Thread: Weird Pokemon Headcanons You Have?

Default Weird Pokemon Headcanons You Have?

Just for those wondering, this is the definition of headcanon.

-Lucario's yellow tank top and chest spike, and shorts are removable, but the black ringlets around its shoulders are literally its shoulders.

-Machamp grew an extra pair of arms during evolution out of sheer willpower to become stronger when it was a Machoke.

-Mimikyu is just a Shuppet who admires Pikachu so much it cosplays as it, however, the costume is too heavy for it to maintain levitation, so it becomes grounded.

-Decidueye used to be Grass/Flying, but went extinct when humans began migrating to Alola. Using the same technology used to revive fossils, scientists revived the Decidueye, however it became Ghost in the process.
    Chapter 9 part 1 of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Destruction is out! Team Sharktooth finally make their attack on Florges Guild!

And its sister fic: Desolate Lands

* Lugia is the reason why the towers in Johto burned down, due to unintentionally causing a storm. It explains why you need the beast trio to summon it in-universe in AS, and why it fled despite something like the described storm not threatening it-guilt at accidentally killing Pokemon
    * In the game continuity Mewtwo was created for the Pokemon War Lt Surge talked about. I don't feel Team Rocket's game version made it, considering they're a bunch of incompetents compared to the anime where most are basically SPECTRE
    * Diancie is the result of AZ's Ultimate Weapon mutating life surrounding it, like how it made him immortal and Floette immortal/almost as strong as its evolution. Which is it comes off as a virtual Mega Evolution to Carbink, being 100 BST higher. Since Carbink can live millions of years, it'd still be around after 3000
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

espeon and umbreon were once one and the same but somehow got seperated. If they make a mega eevee it wilk loik like espeon and umberon finally reunited. Thats also why I ship umbreon and espeon.
    Eevee is my baby
    Trying(and failing) to complete national dex.
    Feel free to friend me 3153-7553-7575 name:kawaii
    please use female pronouns since I am a female.
    I will live in japan someday...
    óÓŇň furry and proud!
    also a witch ^.^
    please excuse my spelling mistakes
    I have claimed rockruff!
    LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN
    (official fb member post: here
    you can be anything
    ;700;

-The reason we have human-looking Pokemon is because of the human-Pokemon interspecies marriages referenced in Sinnoh's folk tales.

-Just as Entei, Suicune, and Raikou were once a Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon- Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres were once Pidgey who died tragically. Articuno was a Pidgey who failed to migrate south during a snow storm, and died of frostbite; Zapdos was a Pidgey that was struck by lightning; and Moltres was a Pidgey who died in a forest fire.

-The reason Eevee has so many evolutions is because, back in the day, it was a common prey to a lot of predator Pokemon; it evolved in so many ways to adapt to so many threats.

-Alolan Raichu evolved into a Psychic type because, being electric type, it would short circuit itself if it tried to swim.
    Chapter 9 part 1 of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Destruction is out! Team Sharktooth finally make their attack on Florges Guild!

And its sister fic: Desolate Lands

-Steven is 5ft 5".
    -Lusamine lied about her age. She's really 27 and was only just within the legal limits to have kids.
    -Hau has a crush on Lillie, and Lillie has a crush on the SM player, and the SM player calls Lillie "Senpai".
    -Gladion's hand-shaking is stress-induced.
    -Suicune was waiting for Eusine instead of the HGSS player. Suicune only runs because the player happens to arrive, not Eusine.
    Game OTP: FerrisWheel (N X Touko)
    Anime OTP: Marisson (Alan x Manon)
    Manga OTP: [bromance] Origin (Daigo x Mikuri)

Bros 4 lyfe

In the build-up to Christmas, I am going to celebrate by imagining Pokemon characters wearing Christmas Jumpers. It's funny.

"Our path may have a clear end with our friends, but it doesn't mean we cannot do anything with them while it lasts. Make sure you spend your time with them to the fullest, so when you have to part ways, once all is finally done, hold your head high, smile, and look onward to the future world that you made together!"

* While I do believe that Mimikyu's real appearance wouldn't look out of place in a Silent Hill game, the real reason why the scholar died after seeing what Mimikyu really looks like was actually to do with a heart condition. But rumours soon outweighed facts and it became the common belief that the man died from how ugly Mimikyu was.

In other words: "He was so ugly that everyone died. The End."
    Latest Shiny: (465 REs) (Mo)

Current Hunts: - 200 SRs (FR/LG)

Alakazam is incapable of moving without psychic powers. If they vanish, it will perish.

The ghosts that appear in the Old Chateu and similar haunted places were once human. Their remains still lie somewhere, their ghosts eternally trapped.

Fossil Pokémon may still hold memories of ages past.
    I looked within my heart of hearts, and I knew despair.

Quote Originally Posted by 0bss1d1ankn1ght View Post
    -The reason we have human-looking Pokemon is because of the human-Pokemon interspecies marriages referenced in Sinnoh's folk tales.
    I've heard it suggested (by the likes of MattPat and JWittz) that it seems likely the "humans" in the pokémon world are actually pokémon, thus the description that humans and pokémon were once the same. Likely, the humanoid pokémon are the humans' closest relatives.

I also think that there's a lot more to the pokémon world that can be directly observed in the game. You play as a child in the game, so you might not have access to unlimited knowledge. This would be why some of the other pokémon you encounter seem to "break the rules" (like some of the Elite 4's pokémon knowing moves they "can't", or some pokémon showing up that are evolved at a level earlier than they "should"; I imagine those aren't things that can't be done, they're just things your character can't do). I also think that a lot of the unexplained things happen in the areas your character can't get to (especially considering that the gameplay confines you within routes and cities, and areas beyond those routes are shown, but can't be accessed).

And I even imagine this includes seemingly "single gendered" pokémon species. Most likely, the other gender is just all in some place you can't access. So, I imagine there are male kangaskhan and female tauros (probably actually miltank) which you can't catch because the Safari zone managers strictly use them for breeding to keep the population up. Jynx and the hitmons are probably in a similar situation, especially considering they aren't seen all that often in the wild. Perhaps male jynx and female hitmons, sawk and throh have their own settlements where they pretty much never interact with humans. I also figure the reason you can't get these by breeding is that these species' gender of birth is determined by prenatal conditions (kind of like crocodiles), so the fact that your character can only breed them in captivity affects things.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

This is a bit of a stretch but hear me out: Cyrus failed to become gym leader of Sunnyshore City.

Cyrus loves dark types and wanted to be the first dark type gym leader, worked hard, but his only friend and rival who also loved machines and would be around the same age, Minato, oops, I mean Volkner, was chosen instead.

Everyone was happy Sunnyshore had a bright shiny electric gym and a gym leader who could rebuild the town with electrical knowledge and solar panels. But Cyrus felt dejected and convinced himself that his dark types were discriminated against. Or that he was hated because his people skills weren't as good as his mechanical skills. Maybe he had some kind of undiagnosed autism.

That's why Cyrus never returned to Sunnyshore, even though there's an old man there who talks about a boy who loved machines and then conspicuously mentions that Team Galactic never troubled Sunnyshore. He's not a merciful or sentimental guy, but he seems proud and could be too ashamed or afraid to face Volkner or his chilhood friends and relatives in Sunnyshore, so he avoided it.

* Flint is Brock's uncle. Same name theming, same appreciation of Onix, very similar appearance. That or his father, since the father in the anime is exclusive to that canon
    * Either Professor Oak or his son/daughter had a child as a teenager. This is more due to math than anything-Oak was 50 in Gen 2, meaning he'd be 47 in Gen 1. Red and Blue are 11 in their introduction, making him 36 when Blue was born and even younger when Daisy was born. This teen pregnancy may explain some of Blue's personality
    * The Gastly line are the ghosts of Pokemon, transformed through their mortal death. That's why you first find them in Pokemon graveyards. As for breeding, its possible that they can simply reproduce like when they were alive, but it was changed due to being made of ectoplasm now
    * Most genderless Pokemon simply have vastly different methods of reproduction or genetic chromosomes; for instance Starmie could be a hermaphrodite and Magnemite could reproduce by budding. The reason legendary Pokemon can't breed when they don't come off as inorganic or some sort of deity is because their standards are far too high and/or they can't mate outside of their hard to find habitat
    * The legendary birds seem so rare because they live in places people can't reach normally, like Articuno and high tipped mountains
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)