View Poll Results: Are Legendarys too easy to obtain nowadays?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 23.68%
  • Sort of

13 34.21%
  • No

16 42.11%

Thread: Are legendaries too easy to obtain?

Default Are legendaries too easy to obtain?

Disclaimer: First thread made by me, sorry if I'm not doing it right

In some of the older games just finding legendarys felt epic and it was intense because you didn't want to fail catching them

But when I played Omega Ruby I was disappointed that almost all the legendarys from could be obtained very easily

Option1- Yes they're too easy to obtain

Option2- Kind of

Option3- They're reasonable
    Veteran of Red, LeafGreen, Red Rescue Team, Pearl, Explorers of Time, SoulSilver, Explorers of Sky, Black, Gates to Infinity, Omega Ruby, Emerald, Super Mystery Dungeon

They were never that hard to obtain in the first place in my opinion.

Finding all the legendary Pokémon has always been easy. As long as you know their location, finding them is easy, capturing them might be hard, but my point stands.

The only ones I would argue are hard to get are the roaming legendaries, they're annoying. But all others are very easy to find.

Personally, I don't think they're too easy to obtain. It depends on what you do before actually trying to get them in a ball.
    What I always do is inflict them with a status condition (usually paralysis) and get there HP down to 1 with False Swipe, but that doesn't always guarantee that I'll catch it on the first Pokeball I throw.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

I don't think so. They still have low catch rates, meaning that even after getting their HP in the red and inflicting a status condition, it could take several balls until they're caught.
    A strong spirit transcends rules.

What I meant was how you can get like half of all the legendarys in some of the newer games
    while in the older ones you would have the region's legendary Pokémon only, and maybe some others in events
    Veteran of Red, LeafGreen, Red Rescue Team, Pearl, Explorers of Time, SoulSilver, Explorers of Sky, Black, Gates to Infinity, Omega Ruby, Emerald, Super Mystery Dungeon

In that case, and in ORASs case, I guess it was mainly for people who haven't played any of the older games to get their hands on some of those legendaries.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

In the newer games they don't seem to be as much of a challenge compared to older games, but I still think legendary pokemon are slightly tough to catch.

Not in gen 1. Even paralyzed, the legendary can dodge the pokeball like 90% of the time.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

I feel like I'm the only one who's picking rowlet because of it's typing, NOT because it's cute. Please tell me I'm not alone.

After years, I've finally claimed deoxys! Watch your back! hehe...

I think so. I don't like that Legendary Pokemon are essentially just OP trophies. I loved that Gen IV made every legendary tied to an Event Item that triggered an event that led to their capture. I hate that they're given out and I hate that the ones that aren't are basically just sitting around waiting for you to stumble in on them. It's boring.

Yes they are simple to catch in the newest games, but why's that a bad thing??

It'd be more interesting if they made special fetch quests to obtain them. That way, you feel you earned them.
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

I've been trying to find the Regis in AS without using a guide and I can tell you, they're pretty well hidden. Most of the Mirage Island Legendaries are really difficult to track down too if you don't look up the requirements beforehand. At the end of the day, anything becomes easy to obtain if you know exactly how to get it.

If anything I'd say they're a little too difficult to obtain. The requirements are often so precise and obscure that the only hope of fulfilling them is to look them up. I quite liked the placement of the Swords of Justice trio in BW. They were well hidden, but not impossible to find and didn't require a load of silly special requirements.
    ALPHA SAPHIRE

HAHAHA..... no. Roamers are a pain in the butt to catch, always have been always will be.

The ones that are easy to catch are because you need to catch them to proceed in the story like in XY and BW
    Every other cast member > Clemont/Bonnie

I think when there's too many legendaries it makes them seem not as legendary. I think Kanto did it right in terms of legendaries, there were just five, and since they weren't essential to the main story they just felt more special, as it was more secretive instead of always being in your face. But 'easy' is a relative term. They're super easy. But if we compare it to obtaining regular Pokemon, it would mean legendaries are hard to obtain, if any of this makes sense.
    Yellow:

Too easy to stuff in the ball? Definitely. Back in the day, I remember throwing Ultra Balls at a paralysed, 1 HP Articuno for half an hour before I managed to capture it. It was intense.

Too prolific? Not really. Non-event legendaries were never rare, they've simply saved us the trouble of having to transfer through several different generations in order to get Pokemon like Lugia/Mewtwo onto the most current game.

The thing that needs to be easier to obtain are legendaries with perfect IVs.

Practically everyone who plays competitive just cheats for them due to how time-consuming it is get one legitimately, and my refusal to stoop to that level is part of why I never play competitive.

No. The legendary beasts are tough to find and catch in G/S/C, and Mesprit in D/P/Pt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    The thing that needs to be easier to obtain are legendaries with perfect IVs.

Practically everyone who plays competitive just cheats for them due to how time-consuming it is get one legitimately, and my refusal to stoop to that level is part of why I never play competitive.
    I agree.

I understand why they removed RNG abuse (it is, after all, abuse of game mechanics) but I wish they had replaced it with something that allows a little more control over wild Pokemon's IVs. It's nice that most legendaries are guaranteed 3 perfect IVs (which makes soft resetting for 5-6IVs actually plausible, but speaking with experience it's still extremely obnoxious), but it's just not enough. In the process of SR'ing a 5IV Modest Heatran I encountered three Shiny Heatrans. I lost count of the resets but it was at least 12,000.

Maybe Synchronize can be updated so that, along with the 50% chance to attract wild Pokemon with the same nature, wild Pokemon have a, say, 33% chance to inherit 2-3 IVs from the Pokemon. That, combined with the 3 guaranteed IVs, would make SRing 5IV legendaries much easier.
    "By definition, alternative medicine has either not been proven to work, or been proven not to work.
    Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proven to work?
    ... Medicine."

~Tim Minchin, Storm

RIP Tay 3/23/2016 - 3/23/2016
    You will be remembered.

I would think so. I mean, it's probably common now, since they keep doing those give aways at gamestop. I'm super behind these days, but didn't they have some sort of Mew give away a month ago? I think i saw it on Facebook, not entirely sure.
    "There's only One Tree Hill, Lucas, and it's your home"
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Come over to the light and enjoy subbed like the rest of us in PAD spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by OfCorsola View Post
    I would think so. I mean, it's probably common now, since they keep doing those give aways at gamestop. I'm super behind these days, but didn't they have some sort of Mew give away a month ago? I think i saw it on Facebook, not entirely sure.
    Yeah, they did
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

well, speaking as someone who can't do events, i'm glad they added so many legendaries on ORAS! i've never really been THAT good at pokemon and i had to break my back catching Mesprit and all, so i always found it hard to catch legendaries, lol. especially since i never have enough pokeballs on me. (i had to use a *^*$^# great ball on grouden for geezuz's sake) xD

i guess an element of challenge has been taken off, but for people who cant do that event stuff, i reckon it's not a bad change or anything. but in Pokemon Black i found it way more challenging and exciting to catch Cobalion and stuff
    Best Wishes Lover
    Give me a VM! I'm bored!
    A Fully Fledged member of the Trubbish Squad!

Not at all. The ones with lower catch rates are still a huge pain in the *** to catch. *Looks at the Regi trio*

I think Flamer hit the nail on the head. To anyone who says it's easy obtaining all the legendaries in ORAS only believe that because they went to an online guide and just snagged em up. This is why people need to quit complaining about the difficulty of the games. If you're going to resort to an in-depth guide, you have no room to complain.

Black Lives Matter

No they should be easier in fact
    It's so boring when you have to throw 20 balls until they finally stay in, like what is the point sooner or later you are going to catch them anyway
    FC: 3711-9176-7509
    IGN: Creyk

Depends. Roamers are harder than stationary. Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre have lower catch rate.
    Dragon user - can counter Steel with Fire attacks and counter Fairy with Poison and Steel attacks.

Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Waiting for Sun and Moon to come out.

Currently own: All gen 4, 5 and 6 main series games.

Obtained shiny Latias on the 14/4/2016

I have Asperger Syndrome which makes it hard to socialize, make friends, date and communicate.

My apologies to the users and mods of Serebii for my unprofessional posts.