Thread: Weirdest Things You've Encountered in the Games

Default Weirdest Things You've Encountered in the Games

The weirdest things I've encountered have been in Pokemon Yellow and one of the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games

In Yellow, besides Missing No. of course, I once found a level 121 Golbat. I flipped out and brought my mom in to see, but I was playing it on Stadium, because I wanted to play it on the TV, and forgot to save before I pulled the game out losing it forever. I was super mad about it.

Then in RSE, I was running low on my batteries and was trying to see how far I could get before they died. I got to the part with the Kecleons and a purple Kecleon showed up. I flipped out thinking "OH MY GOD IT'S A SHINY! MY FIRST ONE EVER" (I didn't know red Gyarados was shiny from gen 2, I thought it was just a thing in that game only) I threw my pokeball, caught it, and during the part after the battle where the screen goes black my battery died, losing that Kecleon forever. I spent over a week trying to get it to reappear. I looked it up years later to see how many others found one... and was honestly surprised when I couldn't get anything to pull up.

Both of those situations will no doubt sound fake, and if I wasn't there I wouldn't believe me either, but I'm still waiting for the day I'm validated, at least with the Kecleon, because my mom saw the Golbat, so I don't feel too bad about that one.

So anyway, what's your weirdest Pokemon stories, or anything like what I've encountered?

Quote Originally Posted by Syronck View Post
    The weirdest things I've encountered have been in Pokemon Yellow and one of the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games

In Yellow, besides Missing No. of course, I once found a level 121 Golbat. I flipped out and brought my mom in to see, but I was playing it on Stadium, because I wanted to play it on the TV, and forgot to save before I pulled the game out losing it forever. I was super mad about it.

Then in RSE, I was running low on my batteries and was trying to see how far I could get before they died. I got to the part with the Kecleons and a purple Kecleon showed up. I flipped out thinking "OH MY GOD IT'S A SHINY! MY FIRST ONE EVER" (I didn't know red Gyarados was shiny from gen 2, I thought it was just a thing in that game only) I threw my pokeball, caught it, and during the part after the battle where the screen goes black my battery died, losing that Kecleon forever. I spent over a week trying to get it to reappear. I looked it up years later to see how many others found one... and was honestly surprised when I couldn't get anything to pull up.

Both of those situations will no doubt sound fake, and if I wasn't there I wouldn't believe me either, but I'm still waiting for the day I'm validated, at least with the Kecleon, because my mom saw the Golbat, so I don't feel too bad about that one.

So anyway, what's your weirdest Pokemon stories, or anything like what I've encountered?
    Purple? Are you sure this wasn't Mystery Dungeon, because for some reason they didn't make shiny Kecleon like that.
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Skorupi

Quote Originally Posted by Syronck View Post

With what I know about generation 1 glitches, the Golbat sounds real to me. But the Kecleon sounds like you're confusing it with something else. Purple Kecleon was shown on the anime and in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, but shiny Kecleon is actually just a different colored stripe, not purple. You might have seen a different shiny and got confused?

As for me, the weirdest thing I can remember is when I was playing White and I left my DS Lite in my purse in the middle of a battle. When I got home and took the game out, my Tranquill's moves all had question marks showing instead of their names. I can't remember whether it froze or fixed itself, but I have a picture of it saved somewhere. If I remember to and have the time, I'll look for it.