Thread: Best and Worst Fossil Pokemon: Competitively and Casually

Default Best and Worst Fossil Pokemon: Competitively and Casually

Sup guys. I am a fossil Pokémon fan and as the name of this thread says, I would like to know which are the best and worst fóssil pokemon, both competitively and casually on your opinion.Here is both of my top tens.

Casually: Tyrantrum>Rampardos>Cradily>Aerodactyl>Archeops>Ca rracosta>Omastar>Bastiodon>Aurorus>Armaldo

Sereously, T-rex is naturally awesome, how can you go wrong with a Pokémon variant. Pachycephalosaurus (oh god this name is too long) are cool looking too and Rampardos show that. I just can't see the appeal of kabutops's design, and armaldo is slightly cooler than kabutops.

Competitively: Cradily>Aerodactyl>Archeops>Kabutops>Tyrantrum>Oma star>Rampardos>Carracosta>Armaldo>Bastiodon

Cradily is just the best staller in the entire game, it has good bulk that can be further increased with stockpile, reliable recovery option, good typing, infestation (100% accuracy trap move lol) and two great abilities: suction cups and storm drain. Bastiodon has a TERRIBLE typing defensively (not as bad as aurorus's typing lol), absolutely no offensive capabilities (outside of metal burst which isn't all that good to begin with), the only thing it has going for it is a kinda useful ability: soundproof.

Aerodactyl is the obvious winner. It's super fast, it's mega evolution looks AMAZING and it can attack powerfully. This is not a competition.
    Omastar and Kabutops are great as well, I never bothered to use any other fossil pokemon as the rest of them are kinda dumb (looking at you Bastiodon)
    FC: 3711-9176-7509
    IGN: Creyk

Quote Originally Posted by Creyk View Post
    Aerodactyl is the obvious winner. It's super fast, it's mega evolution looks AMAZING and it can attack powerfully. This is not a competition.
    Omastar and Kabutops are great as well, I never bothered to use any other fossil pokemon as the rest of them are kinda dumb (looking at you Bastiodon)
    Mega Aerodactyl is by far the most underrated mega evolution. How can't people see power on a pokemon with access to Earthquake,iron head (for those fairies), tough claw powered ice fang and 150 base speed (speedier than mega sceptile lol). The only reason why mega Aerodactyl wasn't number one is because it cannot get tough claws's boost on any of its rock type attacks and the only flying type moves it gets tough claws's boost are aerial ace and fly (moves that are pretty bad in my opinion), but it has the job done in terms of type coverage.

I think the worst fossil Pokemon would be the Archen line. I understand they wanted to balance it out, but much like Regigigas it ended up going too far in the opposite direction. I can't rely on a Pokemon that's crippled when under half its HP
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Omanyte(40 SR!)

Casually:Archeops>Armaldo>Cradily>Kabutops>Omastar >Aerodactyl>Aurorus>Carracosta>Rampardos>Tyrantrum >Bastiodon.
    Competitively:hard to say,since I don't play competitively.