1. BW
    2. B2W2
    3. Platinum
    4. ORAS
    5. XY
    6. HGSS
    7. Emerald
    8. DP

Never played the gen I games, RS and SM (yet).

Right now SM may actually be rivalling BW in story. RBGY is definitely at the bottom because there's basically no story
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

1. Sun/Moon
    2. Black/White
    3. Black 2/White 2
    4. Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
    5. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
    6. X/Y
    7. HeartGold/SoulSilver
    8. Red/Blue
    "When people don't think you're worth paying attention to, you can get away with all kinds of things right in front of them."
    –Princess Undina of Meropis

Spoiler:- list:
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

BW
    SM
    ORAS/B2W2
    DPPt
    GSC/HGSS
    RBGY
    XY

With BW and SM, it basically came down to this: I loved both game's stories, but what gives BW the edge slightly is that I felt its execution was better handled. With BW, I felt that the characters did get a good amount of exploration to themselves, you understood their goals, their thoughts, their development, and how their actions affected others around them such as the Gym Leaders. Their stories were given a good amount of depth, and while I won't pretend they're perfect themselves, I felt they were more satisfying once I was finished with them. With SM, outside of Lillie and some others, there are a few plot and characters that I couldn't help but feel were underdeveloped/underutilized such as the UBs (mostly main game), Gladion, Hau, Plumeria, and a few others. With that said, how the story is done is still rather good and I did grow to appreciate the story and its characters by the time I was finished.

With the next three, ORAS cleans up a really poor storyline as the villains, rivals and most major NPCs are a lot more memorable in the remakes then they were in the original. My issue with the storyline really comes down to the implementation of some of the newer elements as Zinnia is rather idiotic and I don't think the Hoenn trio really needed Mega Evolution forced into their lore (it's not done badly, it just feels bloated). B2W2 continues most of the plot threads of BW and does tie most of them up, though it does take steps back from BW's execution in terms of characters as some like Hugh feel very lacking compared to their counterparts. Platinum has good execution of its story, it's just that said story isn't the most interesting compared to the above.

Finally, GSC/HGSS has an interesting mythology to it and it's nice to see certain plot threads like TR continued, but it's still pretty barebones. RBY is very barebone, just go get the badges, beat TR, beat league and rival, done. It works, but it's not the most compelling story you could think of. Then we have XY, which honestly has probably one of the most interesting thematics in the series, but probably also the worst execution out of all of them. At least with the above two, while their stories were simple, they were effective for what they wanted to be. XY wanted to be a grand story, but its lackluster execution leaves it being a bungled mess, which is why I rate it pretty poorly despite its good premise.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 4th February 2017 at 8:54 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

1. Pokemon Black/White
    2. Pokemon Sun/Moon
    3. Pokemon Gold/Silver
    4. Pokemon OmegaRuby/Alpha Sapphire
    5. Pokemon Red/Blue
    6. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
    7. Pokemon Black2/White2
    8. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
    9. Pokemon X/Y
    Last edited by jginz1; 4th February 2017 at 8:54 PM. Reason: forgot ORAS
    Shinies: (37 SOS calls), (27 SOS Calls)

BW > SM > B2W2 = ORAS > DPPt = HGSS > XY > FRLG

I have a pretty similar ranking to the ones who posted before me. Note that I am using the remakes to describe the stories of the first three generations, as I believe all the remakes helped the games in many ways.

Black and White tops them all, of course, with its ability to flesh out characters and make them unique as well as creating such a good story around two somewhat vague concepts (truth and ideals). These games are proof that in order to get a good enemy, you don't necessarily need a physical threat like a meteorite or a mass-destruction weapon. All can be built around beliefs and communication.

Sun and Moon brought back characters with personalities, which can often lack in Pokémon games. Lillie's growth and her family relations really came through, for me at least. And while some characters could've use a little bit more (notably Hau and Gladion), they still got a good amount of focus, so Sun and Moon clearly does not lose many points in that sphere.
    What Sun and Moon failed, however, is the whole Ultra Beasts story. Their inclusion was very original but it didn't feel complete. Nihilego got lucky in the sense that it was so close to both Lusamine and Lillie, story-wise. The rest of them kind of fell flat. And don't get me started on the post-league catch the UBs mission. The most boring and motivation-draining hour and a half I spent in this game. But overall, Sun and Moon truly shines.

I put Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and Black 2 and White 2 together because they were both decent games with slightly lacking character development for the main protagonists. Hugh and Wally got a sufficient amount of focus for me to be satisfied with them but they could've definitely gotten a lot more. In the case of ORAS, their characters have shown a large improvement from their alter-egos from the originals.
    Their stories were not bad: I liked BW2's continuity the most, while I took ORAS' lore a lot better than I did in the originals. B2W2 had difficulties to shine on its own, however, as I constantly felt like it didn't live up to its predecessor nor did it manage to give me something BW couldn't; ORAS' story about the end of the world is a classic, but it still doesn't appeal me as much as other stories. I still think the evil bosses' motives are not the smartest ones.

Not much to say about Diamond, Pearl and Platinum and Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I'd say these games stand on the very basic level of story-epicness. Their story were not bad, but not incredible either. Their characters could've used a lot of work but they're still very enjoyable on their own. A lot of missed opportunities.
    DPPt's world destruction with the space and time concepts was cool idea, I will admit. And Pt's inclusion of Giratina and the Distorsion World was neat. As for HGSS, just as B2W2, I like its continuity and level-up from the first generation. The story, however, really only revolves around bad guys doing bad things and not much more. It has, however, quite a lot of nice little moments, like the lighthouse medicine errand or the Magikarp evolution-inducing mission and its destruction.

X and Y ... They tried too hard. A GRAND scheme and a GRAND adventure, only to be executed so poorly. A LOT of characters only for them to have a lot less personality than intended. Mega Evolution had a sloppy introduction as well and was focused so much on to the point where I would get tired of hearing the same 'bond with your Pokémon using these stones' speech. It didn't make it appealing. ORAS included Mega Evolutions in the lore in a much better way than XY did.
    I will give XY the edge over FRLG simply because I LOVED the aspect of broken past, Pokémon used in war and then have them transformed in stones, AZ and Floette... these little aspects on their own were enough to make me want to know what happened next. Of course I was a bit disappointed at the end but it was still better than nothing. I also liked the beauty theme, but again, it was not implemented in the game well. It felt forced.

FireRed and LeafGreen ... I never really liked these games. The Pokémon, the characters and the story. Not my cup of tea. I don't feel like the main character achieves much while playing through the game. You have an evil team that has no more goals than to exploit Pokémon in the wrong ways but it's not actually shown. They seem more dumb than cruel (compare it to HGSS' Team Rocket who cuts Slowpoke tails and have insane commanders in their ranks) and they overall don't do much. The rival could be something more than just a selfish person (they so could've played more on the psychology and shortcomings of Blue!), but he's not. The game is really about catching creatures and exploring, which is not a bad thing on its own, but when using storylines to rank games, its simplicity is just hurting.
    Last edited by Everlasting; 4th February 2017 at 8:48 PM.
    ❝Don't ever take your eyes off me.❞

BW=SM>BW2>Platinum=HG/SS>Diamond/Pearl>ORAS=Emerald>Ruby/Sapphire>X/Y>Gold/Silver>FireRed/Leafgreen=Yellow>Red/Blue
    Credit goes to PikaWaltz

I like remakes more than the originals, so originals aren't present. Emerald is though, cause it's different than ORAS. D/P are excluded too, since well..... Platinum is basically the same story only better. Yellow is present too, due to being the only game to give us ALL the starters

1. Sun/Moon
    2. Black/White
    3. Black/White 2
    4. Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
    5. Emerald
    6. Platinum
    7. HG/SS
    8. FR/LG
    9. Yellow (I love Yellow, but it doesn't compare to the newer games. It's not aged well)
    10. XY (Worst villains ever. AZ and Xerosic are cool characters, but they aren't enough to save this game. That doesn't mean I hate the game, I just don't like the villains and the Champion was even more of a joke than Alder was. I one shot her entire team with my Greninja on my first playthrough)

My favorite games, still to this day, are Black & White 2. I can't see any other Pokemon game topping it. The closest was Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire though.

1. Black & White 2
    2. Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
    3. Sun & Moon
    4. X & Y
    5. Black & White
    6. Diamond & Pearl
    7. Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald
    8. FireRed & LeafGreen
    9. Yellow
    10. Red, Blue, & Green
    11. Gold, Silver, and Crystal
    12. HeartGold and SoulSilver

Not gonna lie, I really hated HeartGold and SoulSilver. Those were just such a letdown from the moment they were released. The Johto storyline was so boring and Kanto was not any better. They were put together well at all and you would think games that allow you to go to more than one region would have more exciting, right?

1. Gen V/VII
    2. Gen III
    3. Gen VI
    4. Gen IV
    5. Gen I

Didn't count Gen 2 because I haven't really played it
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Not completely sure about the placement of all games, but my ranking would be something like this:

1. Black & White
    2. Sun & Moon / Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire / Platinum
    3. Black 2 & White 2
    4. Diamond & Pearl
    5. Emerald
    6. X & Y
    7. Ruby & Sapphire
    8. FireRed & LeafGreen
    9. Red & Blue / Yellow / Gold & Silver / Crystal / HeartGold & SoulSilver

I'll admit that it has been a long time since I played through a majority of the games (especially the older ones), so I'm mostly basing this on my memories.

B/W is the best, no doubt. Team Plasma were amazing, they showed up at many times in the story and they felt like a serious threat. These are also the only games to pull of the mandatory legendary capture well and make it feel really motivating. The Gym Leaders actually did something important for the story too. There were so many memorable moments from the entire story, from the beginning to the very end.

S/M were amazing, they might actually be at second place on their own, I might have to reconsider when I have played through Sun later on. The twists here were really cool. Overall a great story.

OR/AS did a very good job at improving the original R/S story, they set a new standard for remakes in terms of story improvements which future remakes need to follow up on in order to not disappoint in terms of story. Team Aqua and Magma felt silly in the orignals, but they felt serious this time around, they were actual threats with serious plans. The Delta Episode was cool too.

Platinum is the better version of D/P in pretty much everything, story included. They took the good parts of the story and improved the ones that could have been better. The Distortion World part was especially amazing.

B2/W2 might not have been as good as B/W, but they are still good on their own. I like how they continued on the story from the original pair and tried new things. Memory Link was amazing too, creating an actual feeling of sequels.

As for D/P... they are not as good as anything above, but still, 6th best story in the series? You can do worse. I remember finding their story highly interesting for its time.

I don't remember a lot from Emerald, but I thought having to fight both Team Aqua and Magma was cool. I also liked seeing Rayquaza stop Groudon and Kyogre.

X/Y had a messy story. There was potential, but they didn't do much with it. Team Flare could have been good, but they kind of fell apart. I have heard the anime even did them better than the games. I loved the Looker Missions though.

R/S were a step up compared to Gen 1 & 2, but that's about it. I remember having a hard time taking Team Aqua and Magma seriously when I played through them. I did like seeing Groudon/Kyogre change the weather in the overworld though.

The main story in FR/LG was just as bad as in R/B/Y, but I did like the Sevii Islands post-game story, so that salvages them from being put at the bottom together with the remaining games. Speaking of them... R/B/Y didn't have much of a story, which is both good and bad, in a way. What little there was in terms of story was pretty awful, Team Rocket was a silly and non-threathening evil team, there wasn't any interesting lore for the legendary birds and the story was just not interesting compared to the newer games. So in a way, it is good that there wasn't more of it. G/S/C tried to have a more serious story but failed, though I admit that I liked the Radio Tower scene when I was a kid. HG/SS did nothing to improve the G/S/C story, they even made some things worse like having a mandatory legendary capture, so they are at the bottom as well. Then HG/SS are my least favorite games in the series so I have a negative bias towards most things from them, including the story.