View Poll Results: Starter for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mudkip

71 35.32%
  • Torchic

32 15.92%
  • Treecko

77 38.31%
  • Haven't decided yet

21 10.45%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which starter are you getting for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Default Which starter are you getting for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Mudkip Torchic or Treecko?
    The Power of the Imagination Shall Prevail!

I started an Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire blog, please visit it

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Blog

Hey, you should check out the app I made. It's for Android devices only.
    Dodge the Blocks

I wasn't aware that the starters had leaked this early

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

I'm going with Treeko, strangely. Mudkip is a my favorite 3rd gen starter, before a meme was made out of him. But, I've trained a Mudkip on my SS and Emerald team, so it is time to choose someone new. Torchic has never appealed to me, despite it's bird-like appearance. I just don't really like Blaziken.

So, I have decided to go with Treeko! Plus, Treeko is in Conquest, so it's a double bonus for me
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."

~Protector of Ransei~
    Claimed Braviary and Masamune Date

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I wasn't aware that the starters had leaked this early
    While I get you're trying to be somewhat humorous, at least contribute to the topic at hand.

Treeko. Naming it Oras after, of course, OR/AS, or Or/as minus the /.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

At this point in time, I'm considering trading one of my event Blazikenite Torchics to whichever version of the remakes I get first, so I can possibly end up with both a Blaziken and maybe Swampert on my team in he end.
    Hoenn confirmed
    November 21st
    Are you ready?

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:
    (<primal)

Idk this is a hard one for me I probably will stick with torchic

I've decided that I'm going to pick Treecko. I don't normally pick grass starters as I dislike most of them, however, I actually like all of gen III's starters equally. Since I picked Chespin in X, I figured I'd go with Treecko.
    3DS friend code is 5455 - 9714 - 1828
    Normal-type Friend Safari with Aipom, Smeargle, and Kecleon.

Pokemon X shiny hunter

Latest Shiny: (MM 337 eggs)

Current hunt:

(MM)
    (SR Soul Silver)

I will stay true to torchic! Just like I did all those years ago.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

I'm going Torchic. That was who I picked when I played Ruby the first time, so I'll do it for nostalgic reasons. It also balances my planned team pretty well.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

Gonna go with Treecko, I just like his line aesthetically + there aren't any good grass types available early on in most games.
    Click the dragons & Eggs
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

Mudkip, no question about it. Swampert's my current avatar for a reason: Swampert is my favourite Pokemon.

Definitely going with Mudkip in OR since I started with Mudkip in the original Ruby. Not sure who I should pick in AS though, I like both Treecko and Torchic. The Hoenn starters are my second favorite set of starters overall and I really like all three so I'm not sure.

Pokécheck - undergoing Maintenance | Viv | VIP

This particular generation (generation III) probably posed the biggest starter debate to me over which was my favorite. It was the first generation where i didn't have strong feelings for, nor wanted to choose the fire starter. It was also the first generation where i held my two primary choices on equal ground. Though Mudkip is probably my favorite now, with Treecko in an extremely close 2nd, i always felt that Sceptile was my favorite final evo of this generation. Regardless, i'm getting both versions, as i've stated in other threads across these forums, with Omega Ruby as my "hub" of sorts for generation VI. I'm most likely going to take Mudkip in Omega Ruby as it gives me an advantage over team magma, and will also probably make my journey relatively quick. As for Alpha Sapphire, i plan on taking Treecko, primarily on the basis that it's a great pokemon to combat Team Aqua (definitely had the hardest time in the league with Treecko, but this was most likely because i was 12/only leveled him primarily).

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

I'll get mudkip for sure, cause...You know... I herd u liek mudkipz.
    To be serious for a moment, I took Blaziken more often and used him/her more often in general to the point that I got a bit tired of Blaziken. Swampert on the other side... And I never really liked the third form of treecko, even though I liked the second form a lot.

..or I'll just use both Blaziken and Swampert, lol xD! Although, if they'll give Sceptile a great-looking mega evolution, I might end up getting treecko.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZbYxqLL4p0 - Sonic the hedgehog amazing collab GMV
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJce1evEhPo - Great Mewtwo AMV

Mudkip. I ALWAYS chose water starters. I never chose other types.
    "Hey Soul! Let's go on a Pokemon Journey!"
    ✿MultiShipper✿Misty,May,&Drew Fan✿Corsola✿Red x Hilda✿
    Supported Ships:
    Ash ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ May, May ♡ Drew, May ♡ Misty, Ash ♡ Gary, Red ♡ Hilda, Conway ♡ Dawn, Dawn ♡ Paul, White ♡ Black (Agencyshipping) Serena ♡ Clemont, Serena ♡ Ash 1 sided
    Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Actually I think the term chemistry is quite weird as well. Since chemistry is supposed to be a science subject and should not be used between people.

Credit for Profile Pic: Ayrafeneres--Check out her shop!

Treecko, it looks awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

All of the Hoenn starters are awesome and totally rad imo, but I'll probably pick Torchic 8)

i can smell u
    no pidove why

Torchic, because it's my favorite out of the three and because it's the one I used in my Sapphire version.
    Not to mention that Blaziken's moveset became so amazing after the third generation, so I can't wait to get to use its awesome moves.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account ا my shiny hunting Youtube channel
    my shiny hunting Google+ page

Spoiler:- Current shiny hunts:

Mudkip, in either Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire. That's the starter I always chose in the originals, it's the most convienient with the Gyms.

ALL HAIL PALUTENA! IMMORTAL GODDESS OF OUR RACE!

I'm picking Treecko in Alpha Sapphire because he's got a awesome design.
    But if not, probably gonna be Torchic, I don't want to pick Mudkip because he's too easy.
    Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll
    My sexiness is very serious business.

Hmmm... I completely wonder who I'm getting?

Pretty obvious on which starter I'm choosing. And if you have no brain, no offense, or can't see thus not being able to see my username or this post actually, my starter shall be Treecko.

REASONS: 1) I've always like Treecko and his evolutions. They've just always seemed to be the ones liked the least out of the Hoenn starters. Mudkip is liked because he's apparently "cute" (Don't see how he's cute at all... >.>) and his meme, Torchic's liked for that cute purpose too and people like Blaziken a lot in general and in competitive battling. Don't get me wrong, but Blaziken is pretty good in competitive battling. Poor Treecko's left out. All alone with not as many fans I guess. 2) I've always liked Grass types a lot. Maybe's it's just I love nature a lot that it's made me like Grass types a lot to the point they became my favorite type along with the Dragon type. I don't know... 3) Back when I was a kid and was choosing a Pokemon, that'd become your starter Pokemon eventually, to save Professor Birch from the Poochyena chasing him, I spent about an hour or so looking over the three Pokemon. Every time I looked at it, there was like something inside me that clicked. Usually how end up liking Pokemon or other things these days. Also, Treecko looked the best out of them to me. 4) I like the color green. Not that great of a reason, but it still is one. 5) I like their designs. I just do. Can't explain it, but I just do.

This was long sorta I guess and had terrible reasons and some people may disagree with me, but whatever. I could care less.

I'm going to have to go with Mudkip. There are several reasons for this. 1. Torchic was always the starter that I never wanted to go with in this gen, mainly because of it's uselessness against Tentacool. 2. While I've generally chosen Treecko in the past, Water/Ground Types tend to appeal to me, and I wanted to change it up this time around. 3. Mudkip is adorable. 4. My dad chose Mudkip when he did Ruby, so sentiment

^Sworn Metalhead made that and is pretty cool^
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodlebug
    Giovanni x Mudkip = new OTP
    I CLAIM BIDOOF! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    I've also claimed the Scion of Legend, Owain! JUSTICE!

Torchic. I mean, he was called Waluigi in Emerald.
    Expecting Mudkip?
    oOO BAD
    Waluigi Time.

~Banner by Myself~

Treecko cuz he is my fav starter.

Mega Sceptile better be Grass/Dragon ):<

I'm picking Mudkip; I like all 3 starters equally, but Swampert has that bit about it that make me want to use it. Sceptile and Blaziken are cool though, so they'll probably be used in the other game.

Funny how Mudkip is winning the poll thus far yet only 3 people have said they're going to be using him.

Currently playing:
    - Pokemon HeartGold Nuzlocke (3/16 badges, 1 Death)

Planned runthroughs:
    - Pokemon X Hoenn/Kanto team (where I only use Hoenn or Kanto Pokemon in my team)
    - Pokemon Ruby (possible Monotype, please suggest types)
    - Pokemon LeafGreen

Spoiler:- Credits::

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast