Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Favorites Thread: PLACES

1. What’s your favorite POKEMON GAME?
    Pearl and Black

2. What's your favorite REGION?
    Kanto

3. What’s your favorite CITY/TOWN?
    Pallet Town

4. What's your favorite EXPLORABLE DUNGEON?
    Mt. Cornet.

5. What's your favorite LANDMARK ICON?
    The Johto Battle Frontier

6. What's your favorite ROUTE?
    Route 1 (Kanto)

7. What's your favorite ALTERNATE WEATHER LOCATION?
    Snowpoint City is really cool.

Pokemon Crystal Version

Johto

Olivine City

Whirl Islands

Tohjo Falls

Route 113

Falling Soot on Mt. Chimney

Pokemon Platinum Version/Pokemon HeartGold version

Sinnoh

Castelia City

What's Giratina's one?

Embedded tower.

Underground Path.

Mt Silver.

credit: Thunderstrike Graphics Shop for the userbar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    My cat walks around at night and I'm fairly sure that she's stalking me.

1. What’s your favorite pokemon game?
    Heartgold

2. What's your favorite region?
    Hoenn

3. What’s your favorite city/town?
    Sootopolis

4. What's your favorite explorable dungeon?
    Ice Path

5. What's your favorite landmark location?
    Spear Pillar

6. What's your favorite route?
    Route 119

7. What's your favorite alternate weather location?
    Route 120

my favourite region is hoenn and my favourite route is the one with all the rainfall, dont know which that is. on the way to the flying gym

Yellow and Crystal but if I had played HG/SS, most likely those would be in my favorites too.

Kanto, Johto. Unova is ok... but the design was kind of boring to me. I LIKE it, but.... meh. I liked Sinnoh but it doesn't quite make my favorites.

That's a hard one. D: I don't remember most town names. The ones I remember the most: Lavender Town, Castelia, Azalea, Jubilife, Ecruteak, Violet City.

(Viridian Forest? Whirl Islands? Distortion World? etc)

Dragon's Den. xD; I kind of liked the caves in Kanto though. I also love Sprout Tower. :3 Burned Tower and Bell tower. I'm not sure if all of those constitute as dungeons though, but oh well.

(The Abandoned Ship? Goldenrod's Radio Tower? The Battle Frontier? etc)

No cluuuuue...

(I'm partial to Route 201, but Route 1 is a classic!)

Oh gee... No clue.

(Do you like the desert in Hoenn? Do you like snowy Snowpoint City? etc)

Desert in Hoenn and that weird sandy town.... thing. I forget it's name. With the Spinda's.
    FC: 4685 2534 5597.

DW: Larvitar, Lickitung, Mawile, Mankey, Slowpoke, Wooper, Tentacool, Vulpix, Eevee, Dratini, Magikarp, Girafarig, Bagon.

Legendaries: Kyurem (Jolly), Cobalion (Bold), Flawless Virizion (Timid), Flawless Cobalion (Jolly).

Other: Happiny, Hoppip, Wooper, Aron, Budew, Wurmple, Ralts, Togepi, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Treeko, Chikorita, Mudkip, Totodile, Snivy, Oshawott, Tepig, Panpour, Pansage, Pansear, Shroomish, Gastly (got it from the Dream World but either way it only has one ability), Nincada, Snorunt, Rotom, Gligar and maybe some pokemon I'm forgetting about...

Also have Pokerus and 1 Master Ball for trade.

PMD 2 : Explorers of Sky/Time/Darkness.
    Sinnoh.

Pallet Town.

Distortion World.

Battle Frontier or Spear Pillar.

Route 1/201.

Mt. Silver

Mystery Dungeon, the coliseum series, PBR, and the main series.
    Hoenn(my country is ell known for lots of beaches, cause were suckers for beaches), and almia.

Opelucid City, Nimbasa city, Harthome City, Sunnyshore city, Accumula Town, Slateport city, Fortree city, Eucretreak city, and treasure town!

Bell tower, the tower of heaven (liwick's here, and aliens .... I mean elgyems), Victory road of Hoenn and Unova, Oran Forest, Hidden Land, Mirage Resort,Temporal Tower and Spire, Happy outlook, Barren Valley, Star cave and deep star cave, Vast Ice mountain, Southern Jungle, Crystal Lake, Northern desert of PMD, and treeshroud forest.

The royal unova, the musical of nimbasa, the library of Nacrene, the Silph. co. of hoenn. the sky tower of Pacifilog town.

Route 10 of unova, Route 2 during summer, route 37 of johto

Rainy route 7, the dessert of hoenn, and Snowy Iccirus city.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Favorite Pokemon Game
    Gotta go with Soul Silver. The original Silver was my favorite so of course I have to go with the 4th gen remake.

Favorite Region
    Kanto from Fire Red/Leaf Green. I like the original Kanto and the sevii ilsand addition was cool.

Favorite City/Town
    Goldenrod, tough Gym Leader when you first get there, big department store, close to daycare.

Favorite Explorable Dungeon
    Unknown Dungeon/Cerulean Cave. High level pokes, cool music, Mewtwo's lair.

Favorite Landmark Icon
    Gotta love the battle frontier

Favorite route
    227 Leads to stark mt and theres some strong good pokes.

Favorite alternate weather location
    None really

Favorite Victory Road
    Kanto of course

Pokemon Platinum

Hoenn

Pacifilog Town

Giant Chasm

Sky Pillar

Sinnoh Route 209/210 (So many memorable egg hatchings!)

Hoenn's Route 119

8. Favorite Victory Road
    Kanto
    Fizzy Bubbles

Credit to PopPrincess_Lyra for the amazing banner!

Emerald

Unova

Castelia City

The Regi Trio's islands because of the puzzles

N's Castle

Route 201 in Hoenn

Giant Chasm

8. Favorite Victory Road?
    Unova
    Black FC: 0905-8396-1651
    Black 2 FC: 0734-2563-1464

LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING POKEMON:
    *UNTRAINED*

HAVE THE FOLLOWING FOR TRADE:
    Adamant + Jolly / Naďve / Naďve + Modest

LEGENDS:
    G1:
    G2:
    G3:
    G4:
    G5:

Platinum

Sinnoh

Hmmm... possibly Saffron City.

Distortion World.

Twin Towers

Route 7

Winter in Twist Mountain and the desert in Unova.

8. Favorite Victory Road?
    Kanto

Yellow/Platinum

Sinnoh

I like Hearthome City

That labyrinth in the ocean at Chrono Island

The Battle Frontier

Route 26

Route 113 (that route in Hoenn with the Spinda's and Skarmory's)
    Last edited by ★ Lucario ★; 6th March 2012 at 4:14 PM.
    Click on these Pokémon to make them happy and healthy!:

Spoiler:- Credits:

Pokémon Red Water-monotype challenge team:

Pokémon Emerald Water-monotype challenge team:
    Pokémon Fire Red Nuzlocke challenge team:

Oh my... I gotta be honest, there's just so much I really like that I'm probably not gonna be able to limit myself to just one response to each question. And with my penchant for explaining myself, this is gonna get...pretty long. Yup.

Favorite game?
    Really tough call. For the main games, I'd probably have to go with Emerald. It has my favorite region, some of my favorite music, lots of double battles (which I love) and my (second) favorite generation of new pokemon. Though I will also say that Platinum and Black/White are indeed very, very close, due to also having lots of locations, characters, and new pokemon that I really like, with the added benefit of numerous advances in gameplay. Hell, I pretty well expect Black 2/White 2 to take Emerald's place here once they're released. For spinoffs, I've always been extremely partial to XD: Gale of Darkness (thanks to double battles once again and greatly expanding on the things Colosseum introduced) and Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky (never before has a game made me actually cry as much as this one. I mean, goddammit, just thinking about it...).

Favorite region?
    Okay, this one's easy. It's Hoenn. There's just...such a wide variety of awesome locations. A desert! A volcano, and towns that have been built on its slopes! A city built in the crater of another, extinct volcano! A peaceful suburb! A rainforest, complete with a city built in the trees! A necropolis! An abandoned shipwreck! An undersea cavern! Plus, I just really like how the number of land routes vs. water routes (seventeen of each!) ties into the whole land vs. sea theme the region has going on.

Favorite city or town?
    Well, looking at the response directly above this one, I'd say a significant portion of Hoenn's cities are equally qualified for this. So I suppose, based on that, that it's pretty much between Verdanturf Town, Fortree City, and Sootopolis City. I'm also quite fond of Unova's Nacrene City (as someone else said, that it's such a culturally rich place is highly appealing) and Orre's Phenac City and Agate Village.

Favorite explorable dungeon?
    The Mt. Coronet Peak/Distortion World twofer in Platinum. With the former, the location and BGM really make it feel like you're ascending (literally!) towards an epic climax; there's really not much more that can be said. Then the Distortion World carries an almost deliberately opposing feeling. There are no wild pokemon or regular trainers; it's just you, Cynthia, Cyrus, and four legendary pokemon, and a bunch of small cutscenes as you traverse one of the strangest and best-thought-out mazes in the series, all while the BGM provides this amazing, totally calming and yet at the same time utterly disturbing ambience--perfect for such an empty world. And then, when you put the two together, you also have three of the best and most memorable battles in the entire series.

My other favorite would have to be Citadark Island in Gale of Darkness. As final dungeons go, it's arguably the grandest undertaking in the series. I mean, forget the backdrop of a volcanic island surrounded by nigh-impenetrable, artificially-created storms; with six full boss fights (seven if you include the Shadow Lugia) thirty-six Shadow Pokemon to snag, and well over twenty regular trainers to fight along the way, you really get the feeling that Cipher is throwing absolutely everything they have left at you. It's...an extremely satisfying feeling, fighting against these incredible odds on the enemy's home turf, and emerging victorious.

Favorite landmark icon?
    Oh, this's another easy one. Unova's Village Bridge, hands down. The place is nice enough to look around on its own, with its quiet, quaint feel. However, the BGM is what really makes this place. At least, once you add the various layers by talking to certain NPCs--the voice of the man under the bridge, the harmonica doubling the melody provided by the voice, the beatboxer providing a rhythmic beat...all of it combines to make this one of the most utterly beautiful places in all of the games. Especially should you visit around sunset. (The developers knew they had a good thing going on here, too, as it's one of only two places where surfing or riding a bike doesn't change the BGM. Simply wonderful.)

Favorite route?
    Okay, this's another toss-up. At first, I was going to go with either Sinnoh's snow routes (216 and 217) or Hoenn's rainforest routes (119-121). Put simply, I like rain, and I like snowy and icy areas in games, and those routes have some of my favorite music in their respective games. Route 113, y'know, the one east of Fallarbor Town with all of the falling ash, is also really cool; I can still vaguely remember the impression it had on me when I first played Sapphire (needless to say, it was a good one).

But at this moment, I would have to say it's a different collection of routes altogether. I'm thinking of Unova's routes 11 through 15, the segment that comprises what we call "Northeast Unova." To me, this is pretty much the perfect postgame scenario, the perfect denouement to the story. You've collected all of the badges, challenged the league, and utterly thwarted Team Plasma's nefarious plans. You're no longer traveling with a specific objective. Not because the next city contains another gym to challenge, and not to stop any bad guys; you're traveling simply for the joy of traveling--one more time around the region, as Cheren puts it. Even the calm BGM of these routes is encouraging you to move through them at your own pace, to see everything there is to see at your leisure. For some reason, that's just highly appealing to me.

Favorite alternate weather location?
    Once again, I have to go with Sinnoh's snow routes and Hoenn's rainforest routes; see the response directly above.

Favorite iteration of Victory Road?
    Ah, Victory Road. The final test before the Pokemon League. I have to say--and forgive me for injecting a small amount of negativity into this post--I'm not a terribly big fan of Victory Road in general. On the one hand, I do greatly enjoy the challenge provided by the trainers. However, there seems to be something that makes most iterations very tedious; in most cases, it's simply the fact that it's yet another cave dungeon, with all of the annoyances that one might expect. And on top of being rather uninspired locations to begin with, they have a tendency to force you to use HM moves that have long since lost their usefulness, and I personally loathe having to leave behind one of my team members in favor of an HM slave for things like Flash, Rock Smash, or (depending on my team composition) Waterfall.

Of course, with all of that said, I have to say that Unova's take on Victory Road is definitely my favorite. Yeah, I suppose it is technically a cave dungeon, but Black/White at least had the courtesy to keep mandatory caves both unique and down to a minimum to that point, and the wild pokemon composition is such that, well, at least I'm not beating off a Woobat every five steps. Plus there was the easily-reachable Doctor so I never had to worry about my team being in danger whenever I got lost (which I did; this one managed to be quite the maze, if I do say so myself), and the fact that there was some outside exploration and battling to be done helped keep things moderately fresh, at least in my mind.

Leaf Green. I felt like Gamefreak captured the original feeling of the original Red/Blue perfectly. Actually, I think the remake is actually better than the original. IMO, they failed to deliver the same or better experience with HG/SS. I got bored with HG after I beat Sabrina. Only thing missing in FR/LG is a battle frontier. I hope they remake R/Y/B again but instead of going to Jhoto, you could fly a plane to Hoenn or Orre instead.

A draw between Kanto and Jhoto

Celadon City

None. I hate exploring the caves because the wild encounter rate seems to be higher inside caves than outside.

Realgam Tower...hands down. Sorry Battle frontier of Hoenn, you quick clawed guillotine/sheer cold me too many times.

Any route near a daycare center.

Snowpoint City
    My 3DS/XY Friend Code: 4768-8678-8659

Firered

Probably kanto
    Viridian<3

Seafoam islands

The ghost tower in lavendar

Route 1. love it.

I don't know why, but in hoenn the one near the fire gym. like the dusty snowy... things
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

1. What’s your favorite POKEMON GAME? Platinum.

2. What's your favorite REGION? A tie between Unova and Hoenn.

3. Pacifidlog Town all the way across the sky.

4. The Distortion World is kick-***.

5. Abandoned Ship.

6. Route 113.

7. Don't really have a favorite here, since the amount of these locations are so limited.

Pokemon Black/White and Platinum.

Unova, Sinnoh, and Hoenn!

Nimbasa City and Castelia City.

Temporal Tower from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I also like Chargestone Cave and the Victory Road from Pokemon Black/White.

Celestial Tower, Dragonspiral Tower and Goldenrod Radio Tower.

I like Sinnoh's Snowy Routes.

Snowpoint City/Icirrus City; I love snow!

Colosseum. It was one of my first pokemon games and I just loved the whole concept of shadow pokemon.

Thats tough, but I guess I'll say Sinnoh.

Nimbasa on pokemon black and white

Mt. Coronet. There's just so much you can do there!

Realgam Tower...That place just awes me.

Route 1 in Kanto. I love the music. :3

Snowpoint City. First city with actual snow!

White

Unova

Opelucid

Cerulean Cave

this lighthouse in Lillycove

Route 18

Icirrus City

8. Favorite Battling Facility
    The one in Nimbassa
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

SoulSilver or Diamond

Kanto its classic or Johto

Goldenrod City

Mt. Moon

Radio Town in Goldenrod City

Route 1. its where your journey begins

Snow at Snowpoint City

My answers from a year and a half ago have changed slightly...

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    It's a toss up at the moment. I think I like Diamond more, although HeartGold's right up there, too.
    Diamond's still a big favorite, but I think I can safely say White is my favorite. I love Zekrom, and the 5th Gen is my favorite Gen on a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei
    Sinnoh, which would be why I like Diamond more.
    Yup, still true. I love the 5th Gen, but as of now Unova isn't my favorite. I'm willing to bet that it'll be my favorite by the time BW2 is out, though, because I still like Unova a lot.

Canalave City. I like its music and how it feels so cozy, what with it's library full of myths and such. However, another favorite is Cianwood City (also for its music). Yet another favorite of mine is Jubilife City (once again, for it's music, but also for how it is almost like an ideal downtown area for me).
    Still true, but another well-liked city to add to the list is Anville Town. It's also very cozy, being all secluded and quaint. This new Hiougi City (jp) is looking to be pretty sweet, though.

Distortion World. Man, is that place awesome. I wish I had played Platinum legitimately.
    Still Distortion World, now that I've legitimately played Platinum. It's too cool.

I like Emerald's Battle Frontier a lot. Like, if I could live there and couldn't live in Sinnoh, I'd live there. However, I liked Sinnoh's Battle Zone, Full/New Moon Island, and the Spear Pillar.
    Scrap pretty much all of these above answers. I'd say it's a tie between Sinnoh's Old Chateau and Unova's Village Bridge.

Hmm... well, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the one east of Jubilife.
    Scrap this. Unova's Route 17 and 18 are awesome.

Sapphire. HeartGold and Platinum are up there too.

Hoenn, definitely.

Sinnoh has so many, Jublife City, Hearthome City, Canalave City, Sunnyshore City, Resort Area, but I think I'll go with (Platinum's) Jublife City.

One Island's Mt. Ember, including the Ruby Room.

Unova's Village Bridge and Hoenn's Abondened Ship

Hoenn's Route 119, the one with the rain and waterfalls.

Does Route 119 count? If so, Route 119.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Rather than cluttering up the forum with three dozen "What's your favorite ____?" threads, we've set up these Favorites Stickies to contain all possible topics in a compact, easy-to-use format!

This is the FAVORITE PLACES thread.

Topics include:

(Any game at all: Yellow version, HeartGold version, Pokemon Pinball, Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, etc)

(Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre, Almia, etc)

(Rustboro City? Solaceon Town? Vermillion City? etc)

(Viridian Forest? Whirl Islands? Distortion World? etc)

(The Abandoned Ship? Goldenrod's Radio Tower? The Battle Frontier? etc)

(I'm partial to Route 201, but Route 1 is a classic!)

(Do you like the desert in Hoenn? Do you like snowy Snowpoint City? etc)

... And more!
    (If you can think of a category of place not included in this list, post it here anyway! Don't make your own thread for it.)

Your answers can be from any section of the Pokemon franchise, not just the video games. And don't worry - you don't have to answer every single question at once when you post. Just feel free to give a little explanation of your choices when you can. These threads are subject to updates.

Thanks to SapphireL for original thread format.
    1. Soulsilver
    2. Johto
    3. Slateport City(I like the beach
    4. Victory Road( Kanto )
    5. Abandoned Ship
    6. Anywhere with the bike music in Johto ^^
    7. Dessert in Hoenn
    I write in perfect grammar and punctuation, and I expect you to do it as well. I'm pretty sure you graduated from elementary school so it shouldn't be to hard.

If by ANY chance you're into Yu-Gi-Oh! Check out my YouTube!:
    http://www.youtube.com/pakinthepunch

Black

Hoenn

Mistralton city

Mt. Moon

Space Station in Emerald

Route 1 FTW

Snow at Snowpoint City

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast