Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strongest Evil Team Leader?

Default Strongest Evil Team Leader?

So far there have been 11 evil team leaders, and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Whether you think they're strong because of level, type coverage, accomplishments, or if you just had a hard time beating them, post who you think is the strongest evil team leader is! You can include Giovanni, Archer, Ariana, Maxie, Archie, Cyrus, Charon, N, Ghetsis, Colress, or Lysandre.

Ghetsis, hands down. I still have the dreams about him and his haxed Hydreigon...
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

It's lit with Litten!

The Hype Train has arrived at its destination: The Alola Region!

Pokémon Sun Team:

Spoiler:- Team:

Not gonna say why, just trust me when I say
        Spoiler:- S/M person:

Not saying for spoiler sake.
    Last edited by Nerdy McNerdface; 14th November 2016 at 12:34 AM.
    Game OTP: FerrisWheel (N X Touko)
    Anime OTP: Marisson (Alan x Manon)
    Manga OTP: [bromance] Origin (Daigo x Mikuri)

Bros 4 lyfe

Guys Serebii reached 300k members!

"Our path may have a clear end with our friends, but it doesn't mean we cannot do anything with them while it lasts. Make sure you spend your time with them to the fullest, so when you have to part ways, once all is finally done, hold your head high, smile, and look onward to the future world that you made together!"

Quote Originally Posted by clbgolden12 View Post
    Ghetsis, hands down. I still have the dreams about him and his haxed Hydreigon...
    I never took him on in BW2 (those were the games I missed out on), but MAN was he strong in BW! That Hydreigon still haunts me, probably more so than something that should actually haunt me (i.e. Haunter mayhaps?)!

But yeah, hands down for me it would be Ghetsis and N with the opposing legendary dragon (though that wasn't too bad), says something that they were both in the same game and part of probably the best story in any Pokémon game yet.

Archie/Maxie, Cyrus, Lysandre et al were a breeze in comparison, and, minus Giovanni of course, remain almost entirely forgettable battles. I can't even remember Cyrus' ace...was it Honchcrow? Houndoom? Gyarados? It was probably Weavile...pretty sure I just named most if not all of his team, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    Not gonna say why, just trust me when I say
        Spoiler:- S/M person:

Not saying for spoiler sake.
    The hype is real. But I have to wait 9 days yet so it's on a very slow burn!
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 14th November 2016 at 12:36 AM.
    Pokéballing since 2001

Spoiler:- Sun and Moon:
    You might still want to spoiler tag, as some still don't know who the true villain is...
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

It's lit with Litten!

The Hype Train has arrived at its destination: The Alola Region!

Pokémon Sun Team:

Spoiler:- Team:

You might still want to spoiler tag, as some still don't know who the true villain is...
    Ok, I have done so!

Bros 4 lyfe

"Our path may have a clear end with our friends, but it doesn't mean we cannot do anything with them while it lasts. Make sure you spend your time with them to the fullest, so when you have to part ways, once all is finally done, hold your head high, smile, and look onward to the future world that you made together!"

I had to destiny bond that thing to stop it. It was annoying.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

ghetsis. i had to item spam to the MAX against that ridiculous hydreigon. it one-shotted almost my entire team, including reshiram.
    Last edited by mystic9899; 14th November 2016 at 1:02 AM.

Ghetsis. He easily had the largest variety, he's the only boss to have not only a full team but also a psuedo-legendary(in the sequel he technically has seven, due to controlling a legendary). In the original his team makes sure to have as few weaknesses as possible
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

I prefer Giovanni because without him, Team Rocket is extremely weak by comparison. Also, he controlled Mewtwo for a while. Not a genwunner BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by fireredxy View Post
    I prefer Giovanni because without him, Team Rocket is extremely weak by comparison. Also, he controlled Mewtwo for a while. Not a genwunner BTW.
    Anime only. In the games Team Rocket is the only evil team not to have any interest in legendary Pokemon. In fact they don't even seem to recognize their existence in-game. Ironic that their anime incarnation would be the first to be involved with a legendary. Even in the anime Giovanni wasn't actually his trainer, since he never used a Pokeball on Mewtwo

I can't see why everyone is so troubled by ghetsis, i rampaged trough his team with my haxaros. On the other hand, haxaros did the same thing in the league. I never really minded the bosses, and only had real trouble beating mars, and that purugly.

Hunter J

I know she isn't part of a Team Organization but she has her own henchmen that helped her capture pokemon and sell them to her clients,she wouldn't let anything or anyone stand in her way and that would include almost killing Ash Ketchum.

She also had a Drapion and Salamence that out muscled Ash's Pikachu and Gary's Blastoise in a beam struggle.

Ghetsis given his Hydreigon alone, which was a pain to slay. :c
    猫に小判

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBattleFanatic- View Post
    Hunter J

I know she isn't part of a Team Organization but she has her own henchmen that helped her capture pokemon and sell them to her clients,she wouldn't let anything or anyone stand in her way and that would include almost killing Ash Ketchum.

She also had a Drapion and Salamence that out muscled Ash's Pikachu and Gary's Blastoise in a beam struggle.
    She's so deadly she doesn't need Pokemon to steal others, she just uses tech

The hardest leader for me was Archie(emerald at that volcano), at the time I was using Blaziken and others that I can't remember at the moment but I kept losing against him for about 6 times until I earned enough Exp for one of my pkmn to evolve and defeat him.

Ghetsis is like the easiest for me because I used a samarott that knew ice beam to take out his dragon and easily surfed the rest ( not sesimatoad though obviously)
    Never lose sight of those who love you.Have an awesome day Or I'll make you eat the RAINBOW OKAY?

Quote Originally Posted by DracosWulfgar View Post
    The hardest leader for me was Archie(emerald at that volcano), at the time I was using Blaziken and others that I can't remember at the moment but I kept losing against him for about 6 times until I earned enough Exp for one of my pkmn to evolve and defeat him.

Ghetsis is like the easiest for me because I used a samarott that knew ice beam to take out his dragon and easily surfed the rest ( not sesimatoad though obviously)
    I've tried using super-effective moves and he's still one tough SOB. It doesn't help that Hydreigon has a bunch of moves to deal with its vulnerabilities-you better pray you take it out in one move

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    I've tried using super-effective moves and he's still one tough SOB. It doesn't help that Hydreigon has a bunch of moves to deal with its vulnerabilities-you better pray you take it out in one move
    Thing is, with the Gen 5 evil teams, I tried to not do the overlevelled-starter thing, but there were so many grunts that my Samurott ended up like 10 levels higher than his hydreigon both times :/ and I just personally hate Ghetsis for what he did to N. N would be my favourite evil team leader if he didn't come off so much as more of an anti-hero to me.

Am I allowed to reveal spoilers about my favourite evil team leader now?

Bros 4 lyfe

Thing is, with the Gen 5 evil teams, I tried to not do the overlevelled-starter thing, but there were so many grunts that my Samurott ended up like 10 levels higher than his hydreigon both times :/ and I just personally hate Ghetsis for what he did to N. N would be my favourite evil team leader if he didn't come off so much as more of an anti-hero to me.

Am I allowed to reveal spoilers about my favourite evil team leader now?
    With Gen 5, sure. It's been six years

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    With Gen 5, sure. It's been six years
    Think they're talking about Gen VII ^^^ in which case, I'd spoiler-tag it (still not fully released)
    Pokéballing since 2001

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Greevil, the head of Cipher from Pokemon XD. Out of all the leader boss fights he is the only one I still struggle with especially when he has 6 Shadow Pokemon, including the Legendary Bird trio, and all of his attacking moves are super effective against you which means you're in for a world of hurt unless you bring your own Shadow Pokemon. Seeing as bringing your own Shadow Pokemon is pointless because they'll either be too low levelled to be of any use, or only know Shadow Moves which won't help you much at all you basically have to use normal Pokemon.
    Last edited by Greedy Chibi; 20th November 2016 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy Chibi View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Greevil, the head of Cipher from Pokemon XD. Out of all the leader boss fights he is the only one I still struggle with especially when he has 6 Shadow Pokemon, including the Legendary Bird trio, and all of his attacking moves are super effective against you which means you're in for a world of hurt unless you bring your own Shadow Pokemon. Seeing as bringing your own Shadow Pokemon is pointless because they'll either be too low levelled to be of any use, or only know Shadow Moves which won't help you much at all you basically have to use normal Pokemon.
    Try seven. First, you fight the strongest Pokemon in the game(Lugia). Then three legendary Pokemon and three other Pokemon. All Shadow. You wanna try hardest mode? Try and catch all seven in one go

The reason for no Greevil is that I'm only counting the main series games. Same goes for my best rivals thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrosharp_98 View Post
    Think they're talking about Gen VII ^^^ in which case, I'd spoiler-tag it (still not fully released)
    Ok, this is only from what I know of them as I haven't fully played the game yet (Europe suffering), but they sound awesome.

Spoiler:- Sun/Moon evil boss, plus major plot points concerning them:

Bros 4 lyfe

Ghetsis I'd say, just because of how much of a nightmare his hacked Hydregion is to face.

Spoiler:- Sun/Moon evil boss, plus major plot points concerning them:
        Spoiler:- Sun/Moon Spoilers:
    Last edited by Litleonid; 22nd November 2016 at 9:55 PM.
    Muscle muscle! Hustle hustle!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast