Thread: What do you do with old teams?

Default What do you do with old teams?

I personally keep all my old teams in a box on my current game. I even sometimes give them heart scales, tm and use them occasionally. I usually beat the current league with them and have battles (where we have to use our HGSS teams for example).

I was wondering what do people on here do with teams from old games or replaced teams?

I plan to get both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, then transfer my teams from X and Y onto one of them and have it as a "Retirement" cartridge.

I just leave them on that game, unless I really feel bothered enough to transfer them to another game
    Alpha Sapphire planned team
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I do what the OP does, I store all my old teams in my "main" game (which is usually the most current game out). I've gotten a bit bored enough to even wipe all their EVs and EV train them, even though they don't have perfect natures/IVs. I use them for battles online now and then just for fun too.

I like to take them along into new games/generations for more adventures, battles, and training. Which becomes really fun in situations like today, where older Pokemon are getting Mega Evolutions.

And in the special case of ORAS, my Pokemon from Gen 3 get to go back home :3
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 19th October 2014 at 7:21 AM.

~ Radiant Blaze

Unless I find them important I just leave them on their game of origin.
    FC: 2208-5493-1047

I migrate them forward and occasionally use them.

Recently I've stalled with the migrating though. I don't usually nickname my Pokémon but I feel if I ever use two of the same species it'll be odd if they both have the default species name.

Once I am done with a team, I just put it in a box in the PC and leave it there for the most part. I might withdraw one or more members at times to use for things like training weaker Pokemon, but they will mostly just stay in the PC and not get any more use.
    Δ

Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

I've transferred them over to newer gen games, and a bunch are now stored on Bank (others are still in gen 5 games though). Their own Hall of Fame I suppose. forever

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Pokemon Analysis: The Seel/Dewgong Line! Whatever animals are these based on...?
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Let them stored in PC forever and forget them

They get stored in the PC to never be seen again. I have my teams from my last playthroughs of Platinum, HeartGold, White 2, and X all stored in the PC on X but I have no idea where they are. Especially when you have all 31 boxes full and then several boxes in Pokebank.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Unfortunately there is no possible way to get Pokémon from HG and White 2 to Omega Ruby or X. If I could, there are Pokémon specifically I would take from White 2. But they just stay there. But I plan to take some Pokémon from X to Omega Ruby anyway.
    3DS Friend Code 1091 - 9636 - 1390
    Redwald Walker has a journey

Quote Originally Posted by Wigger View Post
    Unfortunately there is no possible way to get Pokémon from HG and White 2 to Omega Ruby or X.

Er, wut
    FC: 2234 - 8515 - 1161
    IGN: Nick

Quote Originally Posted by The Federation View Post

Er, wut
    I tried to send my Pokémon from HG to White 2 when I just bought it (like the beggining of this summer) and I looked for someone to help me to transfer my Pokémon, and she told me that Nintendo shot down the servers for DS already. So I couldn't send my Pokémon from Heart Gold to her game via wi fi.
    3DS Friend Code 1091 - 9636 - 1390
    Redwald Walker has a journey

Quote Originally Posted by Wigger View Post
    I tried to send my Pokémon from HG to White 2 when I just bought it (like the beggining of this summer) and I looked for someone to help me to transfer my Pokémon, and she told me that Nintendo shot down the servers for DS already. So I couldn't send my Pokémon from Heart Gold to her game via wi fi.
    Trading to others via Wi-Fi was never the only way to do a Gen IV to Gen V transfer. If you have access to a second 3DS you can use the Poke Transfer facility in White 2 after you finish the story. I realize this may not be an option for everyone, but it's there.
    Friend Codes

White: 2236 6473 5720
    Black: 3310 4487 3045
    X/Y: 2921 9092 9404

Check out my trade thread with LedZeppelin94:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=539213

I leave them in their games and think about them slowly going insane and plotting my very demise for leaving them there for the entirety of their lifetime.
    I create all of the banners I use.

I leave them there and don't look back.

Though I will admit that in the past I did transfer them over to newer games.

Many of my Pokémon from Ruby got transferred over to my Diamond game, but I don't do that anymore.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

I never transfer my old teams to my newest game, I don't know why, probably because I can't be bothered. But if I'm going to restart my game on the cartridge, I write a word document with all of my Pokemon's details on it, like stats and moves and stuff so I can remember them.
    All hail the jiggling Ditto!

If the team is on a game I'm going to restart, then I transfer or trade the Pokemon to another game so they don't get deleted.

On my main games that I never restart, though, my teams stay there forever. My teams are often my strongest Pokemon on those games, so transferring them to a new game would leave the old one pretty depleted.

I've transferred all of them to my new games, but I'm pretty sure I lost my original Emerald team, which actually kinda depresses me.

What's my favourite Pokemon? I'll give you three guesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Mauville City is supposed to be a big city, not a darn mall.

In game teams I always use for training purposes regardless of how strong it is, when we are talking competitive if it drops in viability, then it's moved into reserves if it still has a niche to fill in some teams or it goes to the main game team box for training purposes. Most of my pokemon from the start of this gen ended up in the reserves box and they have some really out of date sets so i'm going to move them to training.

When ORAS is out, I'll transfer everything I've got unless it's something like a breeding reject or pokemon or anything thats already transferred but has no specific value.
    My Friend Code: 1435-4378-9935 My Friend Safari: Dark type: Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye

Looking for: Nothing at this current time

IGN: Andrew

I've claimed Audino

Up until last gen, I never had a way of transferring them, so I left them in the older games. Since BW and BW2, though, I transferred my teams into Y. My current plan (partially accomplished) is to leave them in Y, BUT I'm breeding shiny descendants of my important teams that I'll transfer over. Right now I have a shiny Pidgey descended from my Braviary, a shiny Eevee descended from my Houndoom, and a shiny Noibat descended from my Dragonite.
    Finally opened my trade shop and breeding grounds. Feel free to check it out for IV pokemon and shinies.

3DS FC: 2638-1131-3595
    IGN: Serpent