Thread: What certain Pokemon look like to you

Default What certain Pokemon look like to you

You see a Pokémon that looks like the animal/thing it is supposed to be based off of, but you may also think that it's based off of something else.

For example, according to Bulbapedia, Lapras is supposed to be based off of the plesiosaur, which may or may not be extinct. I can go along with that. However, I would also like to think that Lapras is based off of a sea turtle as well since it has a shell.
    HG Team

B2 Team

X Team

Quote Originally Posted by Nekagi View Post
    Lapras is supposed to be based off of the plesiosaur, which may or may not be extinct.
    May or may not? What?

I just noticed this a few minutes ago, but Claydol looks like an owl to me now.
    This is probably just me, though.

Claimed by me!

Ampharos always kinda looked like a kangaroo to me.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR . I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME SHINIES: DRAGALGE AND MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME. PM IF INTERESTED.

DIGLETT PROBABLY HAS LIMBS THAT WE JUST CAN'T SEE BECAUSE THEY ARE UNDERGROUND. GYARADOS IS A FLYING TYPE BECAUSE OF SOME FOLKLORE ABOUT A FISH AND A WATERFALL. SKITTY CAN BREED WITH WAILORD BECAUSE BREEDING IS PROBABLY NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY LIKE SEX. PIDGEY CAN FLY BECAUSE IT'S A BIRD THAT DEVELOPS ENOUGH STRENGTH TO CARRY A TEN YEAR OLD SOMEWHERE OVER A SHORT SPAN. RHYDON CAN SURF BECAUSE THE WATER IS NOT ATTACKING IT LIKE A HYDRO PUMP WOULD.

Most of the things said probably were inspiration for creating those Pokemon.

Magmar looks like a duck and Electabuzz like a monkey to me. And what I noticed recently: Magcargo looks a lot like Yoshi from Super Mario. (0-0)

This is not just look like, but I'm personally believed firmly this must be 100% truth, which it will explain the doubt of many people that may still wonder today.

Altaria, which almost everybody thought it is a bird, in fact it is based on the design of Mist Dragon featured in Squaresoft's (aka nowadays Square Enix) Chocobo series.
    And therefrom it explained its Dragon typing which everybody thought it is inappropriate.
    Last edited by Crystal; 16th March 2015 at 5:51 PM.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    This is not just look like, but I'm personally believed firmly this must be 100% truth, which it will explain the doubt of many people that may still wonder today.

Altaria, which almost everybody thought it is a bird, in fact it is based on the design of Mist Dragon featured in Squaresoft's (aka nowadays Square Enix) Chocobo series.
    And therefrom it explained its Dragon typing which everybody thought it is inappropriate.
    It's been said to be based off of the Peng, which has draconic features. I highly doubt they stole something of creative license from a different company.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR . I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME SHINIES: DRAGALGE AND MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME. PM IF INTERESTED.

DIGLETT PROBABLY HAS LIMBS THAT WE JUST CAN'T SEE BECAUSE THEY ARE UNDERGROUND. GYARADOS IS A FLYING TYPE BECAUSE OF SOME FOLKLORE ABOUT A FISH AND A WATERFALL. SKITTY CAN BREED WITH WAILORD BECAUSE BREEDING IS PROBABLY NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY LIKE SEX. PIDGEY CAN FLY BECAUSE IT'S A BIRD THAT DEVELOPS ENOUGH STRENGTH TO CARRY A TEN YEAR OLD SOMEWHERE OVER A SHORT SPAN. RHYDON CAN SURF BECAUSE THE WATER IS NOT ATTACKING IT LIKE A HYDRO PUMP WOULD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    May or may not? What?
    Depending on whether or not the Loch Ness monster actualy exists

Kyogre always looked like an orca to me because of the white patches above its head and Shaymin looks like a hedgehog

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Bulbasaur seems like some sort of frog with an overgrown bulb. Lugia kind of looks like one of those cartoon birds like Mordecai. You know, when anthro birds have their wings basically be arms. Cyndaquil is some sort of hedgehog that evolves into a badger
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Zekrom(1741 SR)

Can sociopaths feel despair?

shifty has always looked like some kinda hybrid between a bird and a minotaur

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    Depending on whether or not the Loch Ness monster actualy exists
    Spoiler alert; it doesn't.

Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee are half human and half monster

Thanks to FairyWitch for this awesome animated banner!