Thread: Inspired Catches

Default Inspired Catches

Do you ever just catch a pokémon you randomly encounter for various reasons? For example, I just caught a wingull as I was heading to my secret base to train leafeon. I thought it was just such an interesting spot (it literally was under the waterfall I have to climb and I was going slow enough it bumped into me). So I thought it'd be interesting to toss the pokéball (as I do) to see if it just wanted to join me. No resistance and it joined my team (had one spot open). Interestingly, it happens to have twister, so not just any old wingull!

I've also, in the past mostly, been impressed when a 'mon I'd fight would withstand an attack where others with similar level I believe fainted or was faster where others couldn't keep up. What about you?

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

I did this not to long ago with a Emolga. I've never used one and I was looking to get an Dedenne (I was on the wrong route the whole time.......). To my surprise Emolga is pretty awesome, nuzzle is one of my favorite moves which I didn't know it could learn and I was able to mow down most of the Pokemon on the route I was on with him. So now I have two electric mice one my team. Some thing tells me this is going to end badly.
    Wake up and smell the Oddish

Quote Originally Posted by Nightblind249 View Post
    I did this not to long ago with a Emolga. I've never used one and I was looking to get an Dedenne (I was on the wrong route the whole time.......). To my surprise Emolga is pretty awesome, nuzzle is one of my favorite moves which I didn't know it could learn and I was able to mow down most of the Pokemon on the route I was on with him. So now I have two electric mice one my team. Some thing tells me this is going to end badly.
    Oh wow, so you caught emolga because you thought you were on the route dedenne are, but found emolga interesting and caught it? That's cool!

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

On one of my playthroughs of Y, I caught a Gulpin because I wanted a special wall and a poison type and Gulpin ended up being able to do really good special damage and it's defenses were both pretty good too, so it ended up inspiring my "Defense is the best Offense" mindset I adopt when playing Pokemon

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims: