View Poll Results: whitney's miltank easier or the same??

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • easier

39 61.90%
  • same

20 31.75%
  • somehow it got harder

4 6.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whitney's miltank (gotten easier for you or stayed the same)

Question whitney's miltank (gotten easier for you or stayed the same)

So I shall put this simple (and please no character bashing I know it goes without saying but I want to be safe) so over the years as you all have gotten more experienced has Whitney's miltank gotten easier for you all to beat or has it stayed relatively the same?
    Last edited by pokedigijedi; 21st December 2013 at 3:36 AM.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

It was just as easy as the first time around.

Because a Miltank can't do anything to a Female Bayleef with Stun Spore/Poison Powder.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post

Because a Miltank can't do anything to a Female Bayleef with Stun Spore/Poison Powder.
    You said it! My female Bayleef wrecked this Miltank everytime, so it never was difficult to me.
    « And at last I see the light... »

my deviantArt account ا my shiny hunting Youtube channel
    my shiny hunting Google+ page

Spoiler:- Current shiny hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post

This may have been the method I used to take down Miltank in my original game.

I remember it being quite hard the first time I met it in second generation, but easier on subsequent playthoughs. As mentioned above, it is practically the only situation in the game where Chikorita is the best starter choice instead of being completely useless like everywhere else, I remember that my level 25+ Bayleef 2HKO'd both Whitney's Clefairy and Miltank with Razor Leaf. In the 4th generation remakes, I had no problems against it, probably since I was more experienced then and knew how to handle it even without a Bayleef.

This feeling is taking me over, this feeling that I can't deny
    Because through all the pain and the crippling loss, it's so good to know I'm alive

I won't give in to the sorrow, I will not rest till I've won
    I'll make a brighter tomorrow and I'll leave you the world when I'm done
    Pokécheck

I don't remember how the fight was the very first time on Gold version because it was all the way back in the year 2000, but when I got Soul Silver version, the battle was remarkably easy thanks to my Riolu. Whitney's Miltank went down in one hit.

Female Bayleef? What if you start with Chikorita and it's male (which happens 87.5% of the time)? Then what?

I say the battle got easier from G/S/C to HG/SS, only because I was more prepared for it in the latter. In the original game, I didn't quite know what to expect. That aside, I had one of two secret weapons against Whitney's Miltank. One was using the Machop you get in an in-game trade in Goldenrod City, since it has good defense and is resistant to that infamous Rollout, and of course Fighting attacks are super-effective. The other was using a Gastly with Curse. Preferrably a female one, to avoid Attract. Whitney always uses Miltank last, so using Curse puts a sort of time limit on Miltank wiping out your team. Sometimes after using Curse, I'd stall with an Onix (which is also available as an in-game trade). Bottom line: In-game trades are your best friends.

RPG's I'm in now: Old One Wars (Lupin and Yamiko), World Hidden in Shadows (Lupin), The Cedardale Underworld Inquirer (Merlin), The Secrets of August Manor (Daisy and Tiffany)
    Current RPG Project: Earthbound: The Rainbow Omen (Sign-ups) (RPG thread) (Discussion)

Why was she hard? She wasn't. Flaffy paralyzed it then it cured itself from paralysis then my Croconaw took it out wih ice fang to freeze it. No big deal. Just some people need training, nya~

Quote Originally Posted by Kiruria View Post
    Female Bayleef? What if you start with Chikorita and it's male (which happens 87.5% of the time)? Then what?
    Flaaffy can cripple it, Togepi can make it's attacks do almost no Damage, Slugma can make it sleep, Wooper can lower it's Accuracy, etc.

I never really struggled either because I also took advantage of the in-game trade for Machop. Giving it any special condition also helps a lot.
    FC: 1778-9489-4489 IGN: King Arceus
    Safari: Ferroseed, Klang, Bronzong
    Guides I've written:

Want to chat? Skype: dragonexpert8323
    Instant Messager: Arceus
    Now with support for group instant messaging.

Is there any particular reason that people don't use Geodude?

Thing doesn't give a sh*t what Miltank throws at it, and the worst Clefairy can do is pull Metronome shenanigans.
    Quote Originally Posted by sswotwot View Post
    The IceCream Pokemon were actually made in Gen 1 :3 Just a little fun fact to ruin a Genwunners day (not saying you are one)

In addition to using Geodude, if it happened to be female and you bought TM Dig in the Department Store (HG/SS), Miltank was a waste. In general, if you had something use Dig, the threat of Rollout disappeared almost instantly.

In general, Whitney has never given me much trouble, even in a Nuzlocke. If anyone was annoying, it was Morty (unless you had a Normal type).
    Black 2 FC: 3654 9501 9964 // AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Spinda!

Current Hunts:

Was it really that hard to catch a geodude? Geodude destroyed Miltank. She was easy for me in both 2nd and 4th gen.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

It's gotten easier ;_; but well, it used to be insane and I'm still scarred for life.
        Spoiler:- Bugs:

So I was building quite a nice winning streak on random wifi battles, having beaten my way through countless Garchomps, Volcoronas, Aegislash and Mega Blazikens. Then my streak was utterly broken by a Vivillon, who completely swept my team.

I laughed it off as a one off sort of thing, since the guy deserved props for using it after all. But just as I was starting to build another win streak another Vivillon trainer showed up and it happened again. I am living in perpetual fear that the next trainer I face will have a happy, smiling murder butterfly on their team.

Pokemon #666 indeed.

Just use Geodude and enjoy not caring about what Miltank does ( '-')

Banner made by dwlr

Want to put the wonder in wonder trade? Click here.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...)-Trade-Event!

Quote Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
    General Chat thread: full of awful posts and people who complain about them

Easier for me, but man, getting my Quilava and team steamrolled by it as a kid was frustrating, for sure.
    "If Pikachu becomes a Raichu, I might be able to win that badge. On the other hand, to make it evolve just to fight...I would be just like Surge...Pikachu, what do you want to do? I really wanna beat that Surge, but I also don't want to force you to evolve if you'd be happier staying the way you are now." -- OS Ash, ESS

Opinions About:
    1. The Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. The English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment (Seasons 1-8) > The Pokemon Company International (Seasons 9-17)
    3. The Games: XY > BW > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    4. Pokemon: The Origin: Excellent: 94.7/100.
    5. The Movies: OS > AG > XY (Prediction) > DP = BW
    6. Team Rocket: http://ultraericthered.tumblr.com/po...d-off-for-good

This thing is so pathetic I can't see why people find it hard.

All I did was over level my starter and I killed it with two shots.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Beating that Miltank was a pain. I always had a Croconaw, Male because that's what ya get 87.5% of the time. Had to get lucky and break those Attracts while spamming Super Potions.

With HG/SS and my evolution as a gamer, the games have gotten easy enough where I must challenge myself and make them harder by only using the same number of Pokemon as the Gym Leader and not using healing items in battle. I got a female Croconaw in HeartGold so that helped. However, I believe I just ended up using my Butterfree with Sleep Powder to knock the cow out cold and then switched in Croconaw to pack a whallop to the sleeping beast until it went down.
    Misty could be making a semi-permanent appearance in Pokemon X and Y.
    Information leaked that she might appear in the Pokemon Black and White after Rival Destinies or in the following series(the Pokemon x and y series).A guy who works for the pokemon company gave us this information but it is not certain how or if she will even appear.
    Response:
    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    My dad's best friend's cousin, john gamefreak, said that he knows a source told him that max will come back on the show and get married to bonnie and they will have kids.
    Sarcasm: A true form of art.

xDoN904™ is offline ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹⓎ★ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹ★ⒷⓄⓎ

Only my original first run ages ago i ever had problems since i didn't have key Pokemon to shut it down. After that going multiple playthroughs from original 2nd gen and HG/SS runs it was a walk in the park with just about every Gym with almost no effort once i set the strategy down.

3DS FC: 3523 2818 0917 X IGN: PsychoDon904 Y IGN: PsychoDon904

Note: If we traded in the past and your interested in a trade down the road, i may or may not deleted you in my list to open up space. Since i am getting alot of trade offers lately from here and a couple other places.

Pokemon Y Is my main of the two with over 999:59+ Hours invested since launch.

Pokemon X&Y!!!
    FS type: Electric (Stunfisk, Electrode and Galvantula)

X MM Tries: 0
    Current MM: N/A Doubt i'll try since i played Y for much longer.

Y MM Tries: 8
    Current MM: N/A
    Successful MM: 3IV Deino (73rd egg)/3IV Honedge (433rd egg)/4IV Gible (8th egg)/5IV Goomy (8th Egg)

She's definitely still annoying, but as I've gotten better at Pokémon, I can usually beat her on the first try. I just have to get strategic, as opposed to batter her Pokémon with attacks.
    Yellow Team

Current Pokémon Y Team Members
    Greninja, Venusaur, Blaziken, Raichu, Tyrantrum, Mr. Mime

Pokémon X Planned Team Members
    Chesnaught, Charizard, Vespiquen, Jynx, Jolteon, Lucario

I tried attacking that POS with my Quilava all cocky as **** as a kid. I got tanked. So after almost going through a near-depression I decided to give Quilava the Fury Cutter TM I got from Bugsy. Used it to defeat her first Pokemon. Miltank came out, OHKO. It was a waste of the TM but it was worth it.

It's gotten easier for me, but it's still not an enjoyable experience.

Easier now. Mostly cause I beat her in HGSS instead of Crystal now.

It has gotten harder for me actually since I played soul sliver then sliver but I still never found the fight as hard as it is said to be

credit to many for the art
    also as of now I can give free starters ( any one ) in gen 6
    my claim is Staraptor
    I love to help people if you ever need anything let me know, I will see what I can do

A lot more easier for me now. Her Milktank is still annoying to face though. When I was younger I had such a hard time defeating that Milktank. Nowadays I can beat Whitney, and her Milktank in my first try.

My Friend Code for my 3ds! My friend Safari is Poison Type
    1693 1038 1902

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast