View Poll Results: Which Pokemon Generation is the Best?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st Generation

3 10.34%
  • 2nd Generation

4 13.79%
  • 3rd Generation

8 27.59%
  • 4th Generation

3 10.34%
  • 5th Generation

11 37.93%
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorites Thread: POKEMON

As with the OP, my favourite in terms of artwork is Zekrom.

I also like Jirachi and Serperior's designs.

It was in between Flygon and Salamence, but I chose Salamence. I mainly did so because of a fanfic that I read that had a really awesome one in it.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

I'd have to say it's in between Rayquaza and Gyarados. Gotta love a giant snake-dragon!
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

Kabutops
    Scyther
    Gallade
    (there's a pattern there)
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

I personally love the rotom formes, save spin. Spin just looks silly.

Thank you based Turpoo

My favorite. Milotic. The most beautiful pokemon.
    My Pokémon brings all the nerds to the yard
    They're like,"Hey, wanna trade cards?"
    Darn right, I wanna trade cards
    I'll trade you my Pikachu but not my Charizard

Default Justify Your Favorites

In this thread, you can justify your favorite pokemon.

state:

-why you like it
    -does its shiny look good
    -its power, statwise
    -its power, movewise
    -national dex number

i'll get started, with CRAWDAUNT.

i love it cause of its looks.

its shiny is basically the same, but gold instead of red, and it looks pretty sweet.

it has good attack, defense, and sp.attack, but its other stats arent very good. it makes for a good offensive physical attacker, if you teach it the right moves, give it a proper EV spread, and (for double battles) pair it up right. it's my lead pokemon, paired up with a camerupt whcih covers its weaknesses.

its level-up move pool is not very good, with its best being crabhammer and night slash, but it learns great moves with TMs.

and finally, its national dex number is #342.
    "you only live once"

-Biker, pokemon red/blue, before drake was famous

i claim...Crawdaunt!

Arceus because he is god.
    gold always looks good.
    120s everywhere
    second only to mew and smeragle

It's a tie between Mew and Altaria, but I'll talk about the former.

-It can learn ANY move, and it looks cute AND is powerful. I also like the ancestor of all Pokemon concept it has going, you wouldn't expect it to be such, but at the same time, it makes sense.

Its number is a palindrome.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

Klinklang I like because ever since I was young, I was fascinated by machines that used gears as a component.

Its shiny is... Acceptable, at the very least I can tell that it's shiny.

Its physical attack is significantly higher than sp. attack, but it doesn't learn many physical moves, which is why my klinklang knows almost all of them. (Wild Charge, Gear Grind, Return)

While I do have other favorites (Reshiram, for example) Klinklang reigns supreme. That may change when generation six comes out, I will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Ivoright; 24th July 2013 at 2:16 AM.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

I like Pokemon that are portrayed with or otherwise imparted with a personality that makes them come off as something beyond a robot that takes orders, because it just seems lacking to like a character for superficial looks, stats, or a couple lines of fluff in the 'dex. Especially when socialization and friendship have been overarching themes in the series since forever.

This is probably why I liked my SoulSilver team more than any of the others I've used in a game so far.
    Last edited by Spiteful Murkrow; 24th July 2013 at 2:44 AM.

Haxorus is my favorite because it's one of the most useful pokemon I've ever used, it looks bad*** and its shiny form is black, one of the best shiny colors I've ever seen (yes i'm looking at you Rayquaza.)

roserade,i love its shiny form so much i'm MMing for it.and give that thing a big root,giga drain,sleep power,252 special attack and speed EVs and you have a awesome pokemon
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

First of all, the Pokemon's dex number is totally irrelevant on why it is my favorite but I'll still satisfy you through putting it.

My all time favorite is Gengar, #94.
    Gengar has an amazing superb design. It's simplicity at it's finest. But the small features it has totally makes it a very interestingly designed Pokemon.
    First it's grin. The creepy smile that it always has. When we think of a -Ghost type Pokemon, a smile could be one of the last things we'll see. But Gengar has this absolute terrifying smile.
    Second, it's eyes. The malevolent eyes that go so well with it's smile. Gengar has a facial expression that looks like he's gonna do something bad to you and he'll enjoy it. He'll enjoy tormenting and torturing you in every painful way possible. A death from thousand cuts.
    Stat and Move wise, Gengar is powerful. It's an offensive beast.

http://pokemon.neoseeker.com/w/i/pok.../094Gengar.png

Argh, it's a three-way- tie!

Dragonite

-I like this Pokemon mainly because of its high stats, and the fact that it was my first lv. 100 Pokemon. I also enjoy how it looks cute and friendly, but could easily beat almost anyone in battle.
    -Dragonite's shiny is a cool shade of dark green. I like dark green.
    -Statistically, Dragonite is amazing, especially with (relatively) well-rounded stats and high Attack. Its Speed is low, but meh. Mutiscale is a huge help too.
    -Dragonite has a varied movepool that helps it quite a lot, provided you give it good physical moves like Fire Punch, Waterfall, Outrage, or Earthquake. A Dragon Dance never hurts, either.

Metagross
    -Its design. Just. Oh my gosh, I love this thing. A superintelligent, mobile supercomputer with psychic abilities? Amazing. Its typing? Awesome.
    -I like its shiny. Gold is always good, right?
    -Statistically, as well as appearance-wise (to a degree), Metagross is a tank. Its Attack is best, but it has high defenses and relatively good Sp. Attack as well.
    -I'm not complaining here. Metagross has several good moves to choose from, like Ice Punch, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Brick Break, and Earthquake. Competitive people might also enjoy Stealth Rock and Magnet Rise, the latter of which eliminates one of its two weaknesses.

Tyranitar
    -I love dinosaurs. I also enjoy sci-fi monster films, to a degree. Tyranitar is a tyrannosaur mixed with Godzilla. Yes.
    -It''s light brown with purple? Okay then, it's all right.
    -It''s got high offenses, with a pretty good set of defenses. Raise it for its Attack and Defense stats. You won't regret it. Also, its Sand Stream ability? Awesome. Just watch out for Fighting-types especially.
    -With Tyranitar, what you see is mostly what you get. It has the expected moves, like Rock Slide, Superpower, Earthquake, and Crunch, but it has a few surprises, like Fire Blast. I generally go with moves like Earthquake, Stone Edge, Ice Fang, and Crunch for my Ttars.
    Author thread post:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...6&postcount=80
    Claims: Archeops, Rival Silver, and Zoo Tycoon 2

Favourite Pokémon: (etc)

My favorite pokemon is lapras.
    I've always been a fan of marine reptiles, so the design appeals to me the most. I also like water types and ice types. My lapras in SoulSilver really helped me out against Lance, so that's another reason. Cool, calm, and collected.
    The shiny's friggin purple; how insanely awesome is that?!
    Lapras has a very high base stat total, and has decent special bulk. Unfortunately the types its weak to use mainly physical moves, but y'know. Whatever. HP will save it.
    Dat BoltBeam. Also psychic, for whatever reason...
    'dex number 131.

Pokemon White friend code: 0648 2224 4895
    Pokemon White 2 friend code: 1550 3078 1849

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties.
    Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    Goodbye Susan. Goodbye my dear."
    -The First Doctor

My favourite Pokemon, if it weren't obvious by my name, is Vulpix. (Ninetales come in a close second.)
    Vulpix is the first Pokemon I ever knew of, thanks to my brother bringing home a Vulpix card when I was in kindergarten. As I grew more and more into Pokemon I found myself increasingly attacked to Vulpix, and now it is, without a doubt, my absolute favorite.
    The shiny is bright yellow, which is always a good colour for shinies. (Ninetales is silver with blue tail-tips, which is even better.)
    Vulpix, as a basic Pokemon, has bad stats compared to fully evolved Pokemon, but it excells in Special Defense and Speed, with Special Attack coming in third. (Same with Ninetales, only the stats are comparable to other fully evolved Pokemon.)
    The thing about Vulpix's movepool though, is that it learns a lot of moves that are 'dark/spiritual' like Payback, Grudge, and Extrasensory. I personally think that, since Ninetales is based on a Kitsune (Japanese legend about fox spirits that grow a new tail every 100 years until they have nine,) It was meant to be a Fire/Ghost, but Gengar stole that chance from it. Either way, it learns some strong Fire Type moves, but not too much beyond that (Extrasensory is good though.)
    Plus Drought, that's important too.
    Vulpix is #37 in the National Dex.

Volcarona.

Amazing special sweeper.
    It's shiny has yellow wings (I love yellow).
    Amazing special sweeper
    Great move set

Nice thread you got here! As for me, my favorite Pokémon is Togepi.

Why do I like Togepi ?
    I got quickly attached to Misty's Togepi on TV, and I found it cute at first sight. I loved how this little Pokémon was made to get into troubles and how interesting it could be. Since then, no other Pokémon has reached my complete satisfaction as Togepi's family does.

Does its shiny color looks good ?
    I'm not interested in Togepi because of its shiny form (I didn't even know what it was when I first saw Togepi) and, in any ways, its shiny form's not very great looking. Switching the blue to red and the red to blue isn't what I call interesting or original, and replacing its white skin to a more beige one just make things worse.

What is its power, stats wise ?
    Togepi is a baby Pokémon and a basic stage, so it's completely natural for it to not have so good stats at first. But Togepi, compared to the other baby Pokémon, has a kind of great defense and special defense. Let's just assume it might not get KO'd at the first hit with a Pokémon of its "size". But that's not why I love Togepi, though.

What is its power, move wise ?
    I was very impressed by Togepi's movepool. It can learn a large amount of TMs and, once it is evolving, can learn some spectacular moves such as Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Sky Attack and ExtremeSpeed. But as a Togepi, it can still learn major part of the moves, Solar Beam, Flamethrower, Water Pulse (prior to the fifth generation), the rare and exciting Metronome move and other moves we couldn't expect to see it do. That's what I love in Togepi's movepool ; it's large and there's a lot of unexpected moves.

Togepi's National Pokédex number.
    Togepi is registered as the Pokémon #175 in the National Pokédex.
    Last edited by The Prince of May; 24th July 2013 at 6:33 PM.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

• Zorua is my favorite Pokemon since I love foxes and I've always been fascinated with illusions. I usually prefer the cute, small quadrupedal types over the large bipeds, which is why I prefer Zorua over its evolution.
    • Sepia fur with blue accents, pretty cute shiny, though I will admit that I prefer shiny Zoroark's purple coloring.
    • Being a base stage Pokemon, Zorua's stats aren't that high, and its defenses are paper-thin. However, base 80 Sp. Attack isn't that bad at that stage, and base 65 Speed is decent.
    • Zorua's movepool is rather shallow. Being a tricky, deceitful Pokemon, it does learn some nice moves like Trick (via Move Tutor), Sucker Punch, and Nasty Plot. Although Night Daze has some competition with Dark Pulse, it's slightly stronger and has a likely chance of reducing accuracy by one stage. With a male Vulpix or Ninetales (both of which are also among my faves, coincedentially), it is possible for a Zorua egg to hatch with the move Extrasensory. What sets Zorua apart from other Dark types, however, is its ability of Illusion. This ability allows it to masquerade as the Pokemon at the end of your party, which can throw your opponent off if you use it correctly. However, it is also easy to mess up the guise (such as making it appear as a Pokemon that was weakened in the battle prior), and give away that you just sent out a Zorua/Zoroark using Illusion.
    • Zorua's national dex number is #570.

Sig by my girlfriend. <3
    3DS: 3566 1678 7442 (Mankey, Throh, Tyrogue) | Skype: IllusionistMidnite
    Breedable Vivillon Patterns: Polar, Ocean, Savanna
    Claims: Fennekin (Pokémon), Pit - Kid Icarus (Videogame character) | SSB4 Potential Mains: Pit, Mega Man, Palutena, Greninja | ♪ Air Man

-My Favorite Pokemon is Snorlax, it dates back to when I first played Red/Blue. When I finally found the giant sleeping Pokemon blocking my way on Route 12, at first I was puzzled but curious as well. I was surprised however to find another one on Route 16. When I finally got the pokeflute an caught it I kepted it on my team an boy was I impressed. Since then I've always tried getting myself a Snorlax, I even used one when I started competitive battling during D/P. However I don't really care much for it's pre-evolution Munchlax.
    -It's shiny is just a light blue color, I actually prefer it's normal color instead since green is my favorite color.
    -I'd say having 160 HP, 110 Atk, an 110 Sp. Def is pretty great. I don't care much for it's horrible 30 Spd because Curse works great. Snorlax also has a fairly large movepool. Since Snorlax is Normal and has great Atk move like Return it can be devastating especially when boosted by Curse. A combination of it's high Atk + STAB + Curse + Max Happiness, Return is a move that should be feared. Curse is always a great move for Snorlax it raises it's already high Atk, but it also raises it's 60 Def at the cost of lowering it's Spd but Snorlax doesn't need Spd.
    -It's National Dex number is #143
    "I see now that the Circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
    -Mewtwo
    Mega Snorlax make it happen GAME FREAK!!

3DS FC: 3308-4646-2043
    NNID: Zyon17

Metagross is a psychic spider tank, that's all I need to say.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

My favorite Pokemon is Infernape.

Why do I like him? At first, I never really liked him, but after running a Nuzlocke and choosing Chimchar as my starter, I came to realize how much I actually adored the fiery monkey. Later I did a solo-run of the game, and he became my first level 100 Pokemon, and he's travelled with me through both Sinnoh and Unova. I'm hoping that soon he'll be able to follow me into Kalos as well. Design wise, nothing's cooler than being based on the almighty Sun Wukong, one of the coolest characters from classical literature and ones the biggest badasses in existence. I just find him amazing all around.

Does his shiny look good? Ehhh..... no. His shiny form... it's well, another story. While his normal color scheme is great... did they really have to choose pink of all things for his shiny? Doesn't mean I still don't plan to eventually hunt one, but there were so many better colors that could have been chosen. And what's with not changing the color of his fire? C'mon Game Freak, let's just take Emboar's shiny scheme and stick it on Infernape, I'm sure the pig won't miss it~

Stat-wise? Infernape is a beast when it comes to both forms of attacking, and with above average speed, he can do a lot of damage quickly if the opponent is unprepared. The only drawback would be his lower than average defenses. But who needs those when you can have fun punching holes in everything?

Move-wise? Lookit all these moves! It may not be THE biggest, but Infernape has a lot of options. Did I say I did a solo-run with my Infernape on Platinum? Between Grass Knot and Stone Edge, there wasn't a Water or Flying type that could get in my way. And along with Flamethrower/later Overheat and Close Combat as STAB moves, blasting through everything was a breeze. The amount of coverage options is extremely nice just for ingame play.

National Dex number? Infernape is number 592 in the national dex.
    Last edited by 11037; 24th July 2013 at 8:57 PM.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

I'm going to have to do this with Nidoking, who has always been a quiet favorite.

Why do I like him? Design-wise, I've always liked the bulky Pokemon. Nidoking just happened to become more of my favorite because I liked the entire evolution line, the attacks that he can learn, and the little bit of teal he has in his ears. He's been a useful Pokemon the few times that I've used him.

Does his shiny look good? Shiny Nidoking is my favorite shiny. Blue's my favorite color, and pairing it with white will always make me like it more. And at least it's a shiny color-change that's noticeable and looks good.

Stat-wise? Kind of on the frail side with base defense and sp.defense stats in the seventies, but he's a beast with special attacks, the right nature, and the right ability.

Move-wise? Nidoking's pretty decent, especially for special moves. He can cover most of his weaknesses while dealing a substantial amount of damage.

National Dex number? 34, which doesn't really mean anything to me haha.

Shaymin is my favourite Pokčmon, as you might have gathered from my Username.

Shaymin's Land Forme is cute, and Sky Forme is really cool.

It doesn't have the best Shiny Sprite, but regardless, it's still cool.

I really don't do much competitive battling, so I don't really know (or care) about Shaymin's stats or movepool.

National Dex number is 492, which is 42 with a 9 between it. As we all know, 42 is the answer to the universe, so... Shaymin is the answer to the univers plus 9!

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast