Thread: Mono Dark Team

Default Mono Dark Team

My school has a Pokemon club that meets weekly, and we battle gym leaders and elite four and such like in the game to earn badges and prizes at the end of the year. It just happens that I'm a potential candidate for a leadership position, so I need to work on a monotype team! I've chosen Dark, as it's unused and some of my favorite Pokemon reside in that typing, plus it has few weaknesses, making the requirement of being monotype less of a hindrance. Without further adieu:

Lead, Tank, Baton Passer
    Umbreon
    Nature: Bold @Leftovers
    252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp. Def
    Baton Pass
    Toxic
    Double Team
    Moonlight

The idea for Umbreon is to just be annoying as possible. Her gameplan is to start off with a Toxic and then build up evasion with Double Team, healing herself with Moonlight when necessary and then Baton Passing her Evasion to a sweeper. Pretty straightforward.

(Note: We use a modified evasion clause, supposedly because the club doesn't want to step on the toes of any casual players by banning Evasion moves outright - instead they can not be used in succession.)

Bulk
    Drapion
    Nature: Adamant @Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 Atk
    Crunch
    Toxic Spikes
    Earthquake
    Acupressure

Drapion is there to take on Pokemon that may be otherwise difficult to deal with with his utility and odd typing and relative bulkiness.

(Note: Another rules modification, items can be used twice on a team. Not sure why, but I'm sure going to take advantage of it. Leftovers is way too good. )

Bulk
    Tyranitar
    Nature: Adamant @Sitrus Berry
    252 Atk / 128 HP / 128 Spd
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Outrage

Tyranitar's pretty much the same deal as Drapion.

(Note: I've had this guy forever and I have no idea why I chose such a whacky EV spread. I'm not retraining him so bleh. :P)

Mixed Sweeper
    Honchkrow
    Nature: Lonely/Naughty @Life Orb
    252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Brave Bird
    Sucker Punch
    Heat Wave
    Roost

Honchkrow will probably be the one that gets Umbreon's Baton Pass most of the time, due to the variety of his movepool and great Attack and good Speed. Roost is there because I can't be arsed to get Superpower, and I'm not sure what else would go well in that slot.

Special Sweeper
    Shiftry
    Nature: Modest @Heat Rock / Ability: Chlorophyll
    252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
    Solar Beam
    Dark Pulse
    Sunny Day
    Focus Blast

Shiftry seems out of place, especially on the same team as Tyranitar. However, He has some synergy with Umbreon's Moonlight and I believe if Umbreon can pass him a good stack of Double Teams he should be able to easily set up and sweep with his Modest STAB-ed instant Solar Beams, and he's just too cool and unique not to use imo.

Glass Cannon
    Sharpedo
    Nature: Adamant @Focus Sash
    252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Crunch
    Waterfall
    Aqua Jet
    Ice Fang

Not much to say about Sharpedo, with crazy high attack and speed he's likely to kill one Pokemon and then have to hightail it out of there. Pretty much a revenge killer.
    Last edited by Full Metal Artificer; 16th November 2010 at 10:55 PM.

Playing Soul Silver & Playing White

You need to add descriptions. Add them soon or I'll have to close this!

A Spiritomb might go well over Shiftry. Shiftry's Sun conflicts with Tyranitar's Sandstorm. Spiritomb will give you something to take on fighting types. Also run 252 Speed over HP on Drapion. This will give you a check against Swords Dance Lucario.

Maybe give Sharpedo a Choice Scarf. It will keep some things like Infernape from laughing at you and might give you hope against Dragonite. Not to mention your own Tyranitar's Sandstorm will take Sharpedo's last HP.

Thanks, updated!

Playing Soul Silver & Playing White