Thread: Immunity Unity

Default Immunity Unity

Hey guys, it's Kerech. I couldn't sleep last night, so I started brainstorming about a couple of things. And from this, Team Immunity Unity was born (I subsequently fell asleep lol). Their motto: resistances are for squares! Let's dive in:

Torterra @ Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 120 HP/ 248 Atk/ 140 Spe
    -Rock Polish
    -Seed Bomb
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake

RPTerra, W00T. At +2, it'll outspeed base 116s. Why the random number? Well, the way I had it before, I accidentally speed tied with it, so I said "hell, might as well outrun it." The rest is obvious, I hope. Oh, and he's the Electric immunity.

Burungeru @ Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 240 HP/ 12 SpA/ 252 SpD
    -Boiling Water
    -Shadow Ball
    -Energy Ball
    -Recover

No, I don't want to make her more physically bulky; keep reading and you'll see why. Dual STAB, and Energy Ball since I'll be switching into Water moves. Recover is obvious (I hope). Her immunities: Water, Normal, and Fighting.

Baffuron @ Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Herbivore
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
    -Afro Break
    -Payback
    -Megahorn
    -Revenge

Eh...the moveset's ok...kinda. Anyway, I love his design and bulk, and idc about using slow Pokes (geddit?). Afro Break is STAB, Megahorn is for Grass Pokes, and Payback and Revenge were to stop me from being walled by Ghosts and Steels, respectively. Grass and Ghost immunity, oh yeah!

Sazandora @ Expert Belt
    Nature: Rash
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 76 Atk/ 180 SpA/ 252 Spe
    -Crunch
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Fire Blast
    -Surf

Forgoing a speed nature here, because idc. Also, slight mixing, just because I can. Expert Belt seems useful here, what with the split EVs and decent coverage. Psychic and Ground immunity is why it's on the team.

Heatran @ Wise Glasses
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
    -Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Nitro Charge

Lol @ Nitro Charge, right? Well tbh, I could use a SpecsTran, but I won't. Instead, I'll use Modest + Wise Glasses for its respectable base 130 SpA, and pray that Nitro Charge will give me a Spe boost. Poison and Fire immunity!

Weezing @ Black Sludge
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Pain Split
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball

Burungeru's partner in crime, and the reason she's the special wall. By the time I got to Weezing, I had finished all type immunities, and realized that I was Fighting weak. And what better answer to that than to use a physical wall with access to WoW and a Fighting resistance? Pain Split is unreliable recovery, but whatevers. T-bolt and Shadow Ball are ok coverage, so yay there. Oh, and it just so happens to have a Ground immunity, so why not?

Isn't it interesting? 10 immunities. That's what we have so far. Well, that's the team. Rate away.
    Last edited by Kerech; 16th November 2010 at 7:56 PM.
    Thinking about posting a team in the 5th Gen IGRMT sub-forum? Be sure to read the rules before proceeding. Are you looking to have only one Pokemon rated? Then check out our Single Rate Thread for movesets and help. Thanks!

What, no Flash Fire Shanderra?
    Draco Meteor over Crunch, 'cos Sazandora will love f***ing something up, either that or Dark Pulse. Change the EVs to standard 252 spatk/252 spd/4 hp.
    Flamethrower on Heatran over Fire Blast, PP issues and all that jazz.
    Because of the sheer amount of immunities you'll have no problem switching into another pokemon to counter it, even then, Torterra's Ice weakness could easily be remedied by switching to Heatran and so on. Well done despite the insomnia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Lol my mind never went to Shanderaa.

Er...I'm going to disagree with you here. I want to run a MixDora, to utilize both of its respectable offensive stats. If anything, I may mix it even more by balancing its offensive stats, running DM > DP, and U-Turn > Surf or Fire Blast.

I don't mind PP issues, actually, and I enjoy the extra power.

Lol sorry for disagreeing with you here, and thanks for the compliment; it's so interesting to see that ssimple switching can keep this team impervious to a ton of damage.
    Thinking about posting a team in the 5th Gen IGRMT sub-forum? Be sure to read the rules before proceeding. Are you looking to have only one Pokemon rated? Then check out our Single Rate Thread for movesets and help. Thanks!

You might also consider a Brave nature for Buffuron to make his low speed even lower so Payback and Revenge get doubled.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

SpecsTran

Baffuron wants EQ/Stone Edge>Mega Horn/Revenge. He'll
    get better coverage in the long run.

I have a Burungeru set you may enjoy:

Burungeru @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP/216 Def/42 SpD
    *Water Absorb*
    ~ Toxic ~
    ~ Protect ~
    ~ Recover ~
    ~ Night Shade ~

This has the potential to be VERY annoying. Toxic and
    Protect allow me to stall for damage and lefties recovery,
    Recover keeps him healthy and Night Shade hits everything
    for consistent damage. The Def EV's hit the highest jump
    point, max HP with the rest thrown into SpD.

^Click it!^

Ugh, you guys are making me into one of those people who disagrees with everything lol.

@jolteonjak: Revenge has negative priority, iirc, so that's not a problem. Payback doesn't need me to be slower, since it would only be used on Ghosts, and the majority of them are faster than Baffuron anyway.

@Joe: I can't RNG, so SpecsTran is pretty useless for me (I wouldn't give it Flash Cannon).

As for Baffuron: though it depends on going last, Dark + Fighting > Rock + Ground, in terms of coverage. And if you notice, each Pokemon (with the exception of Burungeru with Normal/Fighting) is equipped to switch in on its immunity, and threaten back with a SE move (well, Weezing doesn't do that, but it's a physical counter, so it does its job). To remove Megahorn on Baffuron is to lose its ability to annihilate Grass Pokemon without resorting to Afro Break. While I do agree that Bug isn't the greatest of coverage, it does tie in with the team's combined strategy.

Burungeru: while a stall set is useful, especially with its low SpA, neither of my walls are confined to stalling, a tactic that is a bit inefficient in-game. Plus, that Burungeru would want Boiling Water > Night Shade anyway, because it lures strong physical moves, and you desperately want that burn to increase your survivability. It also makes it a pseudo-double status wall, which is nice. And anyway, I want it to be a special wall, since I've got Weezing. I like the sprite though haha.

=/ sorry for contradicting everyone here, but that doesn't mean I don't still want people to rate/advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Ugh, you guys are making me into one of those people who disagrees with everything lol.

@jolteonjak: Revenge has negative priority, iirc, so that's not a problem. Payback doesn't need me to be slower, since it would only be used on Ghosts, and the majority of them are faster than Baffuron anyway.

As for Baffuron: though it depends on going last, Dark + Fighting > Rock + Ground, in terms of coverage. And if you notice, each Pokemon (with the exception of Burungeru with Normal/Fighting) is equipped to switch in on its immunity, and threaten back with a SE move (well, Weezing doesn't do that, but it's a physical counter, so it does its job). To remove Megahorn on Baffuron is to lose its ability to annihilate Grass Pokemon without resorting to Afro Break. While I do agree that Bug isn't the greatest of coverage, it does tie in with the team's combined strategy.

=/ sorry for contradicting everyone here, but that doesn't mean I don't still want people to rate/advise.

Don't worry about it. I had no idea Revenge had negative priority. I actually really like that set for Baffuron, and I'd like to use it myself.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

... Change Weezing to Lucario or something. Heart of Justice = Dark immunity ftw?
    ~ Reinier

Quote Originally Posted by FoldingScreen View Post
    imo MixPedo could work here

Jutice Heart doesn't grant an immunity.
    156 Pokemon in the Unova dex. 6 of them are event Pokemon.
    151 Pokemon in the Kanto dex. 1 of them is an event Pokemon.

When you see it...

Lucario has an immunity to poison already :V
    lil' ball of spheal.

Quote Originally Posted by ungulateman View Post
    Jutice Heart doesn't grant an immunity.
    orly?

Well then the 4x resistance might fix that... o.o
    Never mind.
    ~ Reinier

Quote Originally Posted by FoldingScreen View Post
    imo MixPedo could work here

it looks pretty sweet even that i dont know much about the 5th gen pokemon
    i will use these in wfi so beware!!! adding more as we speak.

it looks pretty sweet even that i dont know much about the 5th gen pokemon
    i will use these in wfi so beware!!! adding more as we speak.