Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: A Rival Battle for Club Champ! (669)

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    Why did they have to make Snivy look so hillairious when she was affected by Frillish's Cursed Body?
    I don't think they were going for "hilarious", people may have thought it was hilarious but the writers for sure weren't going for that.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

One thing now that Im rewatching the dub.......if Trip wanted a 6-on-6, instead of Ash going and getting one from back home, why on earth did the writers have him say he has only 5?

If he wanted to win the battle, just call up for Snorlax, Sceptile, Infernape or one of the Kanto starters. If he was just going for letting everyone get a bit of experience, why did he not get Gible?

Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post
    One thing now that Im rewatching the dub.......if Trip wanted a 6-on-6, instead of Ash going and getting one from back home, why on earth did the writers have him say he has only 5?

If he wanted to win the battle, just call up for Snorlax, Sceptile, Infernape or one of the Kanto starters. If he was just going for letting everyone get a bit of experience, why did he not get Gible?
    I hope you're not serious.

I hope you're not serious.
    I honestly aint a clue what you mean?

Sorry. I should have been more specific. Ash isn't going to do that. It will just confuse the people who just started watching.

Sorry. I should have been more specific. Ash isn't going to do that. It will just confuse the people who just started watching.
    Ah right, I understand. But what I meant was it is totally out of character for Ash to not bend over backwards to avenge his defeats. Supposing the writers had made Trip only want a 6-on-6, and nothing less?

When we have threads in which people say that the writers insert insufficient continuity references, and others mention one-off scenes to rebutt these assertions, like a bunch of trophies and photos in a room, then I point at this.

If the writers pander only to new fans, what is wrong with pandering a bit to those who helped Pokemon grow as a franchise by supporting it? I mean, supposing Pikachu, Oshawott, Snivy, Tepig and Pidove all went down, and Ash brought out I dunno.....Heracross, Gible, Quilava, Infernape, anything, why not just give a flashback of scenes from past series?

I don't think the writers want any pokemon from older regions besides Pikachu to be in the Anime. He might use his older Pokemon in the Unova League.

I don't think the writers want any pokemon from older regions besides Pikachu to be in the Anime. He might use his older Pokemon in the Unova League.
    Mmm, I think the reason his squad looks to be growing past 7 Pokemon means that, like Hoenn, they will be the only ones used at their respective league.

Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post
    Mmm, I think the reason his squad looks to be growing past 7 Pokemon means that, like Hoenn, they will be the only ones used at their respective league.
    He only has seven pokemon now. He might not capture any more.

I liked this episode mainly because I like big battles, especially with rivals. Even though I don't like Trip I liked his strategy. But I don't think his Pokemon should be this develped already at this point none of Ash's Pokemon had evolved but 2 of Trip's had. I also didn't like how Tepig and Oshawott got owned 7.5/10

TheEpicGoomba- So you don't like someone, just because they are ahead of Ash and defeated him? I don't get it. :/

He might not have captured the Tranquill as a Pidove.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEpicGoomba View Post
    But I don't think his Pokemon should be this develped already at this point none of Ash's Pokemon had evolved but 2 of Trip's had. I also didn't like how Tepig and Oshawott got owned 7.5/10
    well thats always been the case with ash hasnt it? he never even ATTEMPTS to evolve his pokemon and that just shows that he is just another trainer in the rat race......
    8/10
    Black FC: 5114 6378 8529

SoulSliver FC: 1721 3048 0725

I HAVE CLAIMED HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!

My awesome trade shop!

this battle makes no sense. pikachu has been through 4 regions plus orange islands and battle frontier. pikachu should have destroyed all of trips pokemon. the writers should at least give ash a rival who is in all seasons so it's not crazy when he loses to his rival

Quote Originally Posted by jordan8 View Post
    this battle makes no sense. pikachu has been through 4 regions plus orange islands and battle frontier. pikachu should have destroyed all of trips pokemon. the writers should at least give ash a rival who is in all seasons so it's not crazy when he loses to his rival
    Since when did anime ever have to make sense...

It makes no sense to complain about a show that's just there to entertain, if you're not entertain then don't watch if you are entertain then there's no reason to complain.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by jordan8 View Post
    the writers should at least give ash a rival who is in all seasons so it's not crazy when he loses to his rival
    What do you mean by "all seasons"?

Quote Originally Posted by The sandwich View Post
    What do you mean by "all seasons"?
    by all seasons he means that ash's rival, like him, should have travelled all the previous regions before unova, so both battlers have an equal standing when it comes to battle
    @jordan8: i hope thats what your're trying to say
    Black FC: 5114 6378 8529

SoulSliver FC: 1721 3048 0725

I HAVE CLAIMED HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!

My awesome trade shop!

i think Trip is my favorite rival now, he got good Pokemon
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

If Ash's Tepig and Oshawott were not so weak he would probably have won

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    If Ash's Tepig and Oshawott were not so weak he would probably have won
    No if Ash wasn't stupid and used pikachu first he probably would have won lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ash lost because the plot called for him to lose in his standard one sided rivalry. There's nothing unfeasable about an Oshawott beating a Tranquill, or a Tepig beating one. If Pikachu had come out first, it would have gone down just as easily, and Oshawott or Tepig would have taken it out, depending on who came out first. All because of the plot.

Just be glad Pikachu got a win, because I know that people would have whined a lot more if Pikachu lost to Tranquill after losing to Panpour.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Team Rocket's newly acquired athletic abilities and resourcefulness actually makes for a pretty decent escape. I didn't know why, but I seemed to like Pierce, and it was not until I heard his voice it made sense. His voice actor is that of Yami Yugi, which fits perfectly. All James needs now is Eric Stuart(Seto Kaiba) doing his voice
    Eeveelution Ace Trainer
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/28tw9d4.gif[/IMG]
    -Credit to Purplepassion-

Diamond/Pearl team pre-national dex
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/20gijow.png[/IMG]
    -Credit to Gladeshadow, Dark Valley Request Shop

Yeah you are right about that... Can't think how Ash got so dumb after defeating Paul in a terrific battle and reaching the semis in the Sinnoh league

Anyone else notice that the only battles Ash wins in Unova are against the gym leaders?

Tegpig, Oshawott, and Pidove didn't do a thing. Ash should have just used pikachu to start off, call it back and use Snivy against Servine, then let it battle frillish and of course pikachu would finish it off. The battle would have been better that way.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

He was trying to have his other Pokemon battle other than him. And now we see that it is getting more than everyone else.

My ideal battle ever!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast