Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: A Rival Battle for Club Champ! (669)

I sort of liked this episode. I thought it was pretty cheap how Oshawott and Tepig got annhilated. Pidove didn't do much either. Glad that Snivy and Pikachu did good though. I thought Trip having two evolved Pokemon already while Ash having none was pretty unfair. Seeing Servine, Tranquill and Frillish was cool. It was cool seeing Cursed Body.

Ash made some bad decisions in this battle... Also I don't think he trained hard with Oshawott and Tepig... they were pretty frail

I don't mind Oshawott and Tepig losing in one hit against Tranquill, but come on, Pidove isn't as weak as them. There was no reason for her to lose after one Water Pulse from Frillish. But I guess that shows how strong Frillish is. Either that or Pidove fainted because it hit the window. The battle was cool and Snivy did well, but in the end Ash lost because Trip was the better trainer. 8/10
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 14th March 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Tranquill was really strong, and it shows how tough Trip is for a rookie.

Snivy getting affected by Frillish's Cursed Body was also very funny.

Really... Ash is an experienced trainer... losing to Trip is like Cynthia losing to Team Rocket. And I don't really get it why Trip is treating Ash as if he is a no one. He said that Ash has 5 Pokemon...> Ash has lots of Pokemon at Oak's lab/other places. He also said that Ash has only 1 badge in Unova. Like it mattered... Ash has 8 badges from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and the Orange cup + Battle frontier Brave symbol. I mean I really cannot understand why Trip treats Ash like that. That win is null because Ash can totally wipe the floor with Trip if he uses Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Snorlax etc. And don't say that you don't like Ash using overpowered Pokemon (remember Tobias from the Lily of the Valley Conference?).

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    Yeah you are right about that... Can't think how Ash got so dumb after defeating Paul in a terrific battle and reaching the semis in the Sinnoh league
    It has nothing to do with that. If he comes to a region with a Pikachu that is not worth the time and just recently catch some new Pokemon, it would be tough. But I guess all we think about is the past.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

I liked Trip's voice in this episode. And how come the producers didn't make Ash;s Tranquil kick ***** like Trip's one did? I think this is all a big joke. However I liked the battle. 9/10

My ideal battle ever!

It was painful to see Ash lose so quickly, but I've grown used to the fact that he loses most of his past knowledge at the start of each region. And, actually, I kinda like how painful it was to see him lose because that'll just make his first victory against Trip even sweeter. This shows how much progress he has to make, gives him a goal.

I'm glad Snivy did well, particularly since it's my favorite starter Pokemon ever. The battle it had with Servine reminded me of the awesome Pikachu vs. Raichu battle against Lt. Surge. I love underdog victories. But it was stupid of Ash to have Snivy try to finish off that Cursed Body Pokemon "with just one more blow." C'mon, Snivy had more Pokemon to fight after that if it managed to win!

I'm glad Pikachu got to redeem himself. I always get a little sad when Pikachu gets his butt kicked, but he fought well here. I'm a little disturbed by how well Ash took the overall loss. I know he's a good sport, but it's almost like he didn't care at all. Oh, and I thought it was okay how Trip kept saying "basic": he's supposed to be stuck-up and annoying, and people like that tend to repeat themselves a lot because they think they're super smart.

Finally, I liked seeing a real sneaky Team Rocket again. Great episode overall. Love the Black and White season!
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Uggh, Trip, I can't stand that guy. I did like his surprised reaction to his servine being disabled by Snivy's attract, but that's about it. At least this episode was useful too in teaching me how to work with battling frillish and jellicent that have that cursed body ability (unfortunately, or not, my awesome jellicent has water absorb).

And the debut of Pierce. Man, whatever happened to that guy? I hope they bring him back for the BW2 saga, he was an interesting character.

5/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22 NEW!! 10/28
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    Don't even bother with RickHoenn, his only agenda is to say everything about BW is perfection.

I still thought Ash losing would have been handled better. Ash traveled the world training, but get's beaten by someone with beginner's luck. Deus ex machina anyone?
    I wouldn't say that. Ash just caught those Pokemon of his, didn't really train them all that well with a Pikachu that is still pretty weak. I wouldn't say that is beginner's luck but experienced unluck.

absolutely loved this battle it was amazing. it does remind some what of the paul battle but only in the out come being basically the same. With pikachu and tsatarja being really really impressive.
    I agree. I loved this battle more because of the pokemon. Snivy was great. More better than Turtwig. Oshawott is adorable as always but you can tell it has issues and Tepig needed more training. Who knows what Trip was doing to get his pokemon so strong.

My ideal battle ever!

You're seriously replying to contradict someone who had their means of retorting taken away? Teshub was permabanned, Caseydia.

And I don't know who made that second quote but Pikachu was definitely not impressive. XD

Quote Originally Posted by BurningSociety12345543210 View Post
    You're seriously replying to contradict someone who had their means of retorting taken away? Teshub was permabanned, Caseydia.

And I don't know who made that second quote but Pikachu was definitely not impressive. XD
    I didn't know he was banned until recently. But since you are banned too, I guess you should be careful from now on huh?

My ideal battle ever!

This battle proved that Trip is a better trainer then Ash. While Ash was goofing off with his friends and barely training his team Trip went on to get 2 badges, a full team and who knows how many evolved Pokemon. I find Ash's attitude after losing to be kinda dumb cause he got curbstomped by someone who was a trainer for what like 2 weeks compared to Ash who had 4 regions to back himself up but fell flat instead.

Meh, this episode was disappointing. It was fraustating to see Ash lose so like that. He didn't use the experience he got from the other regions and his Oshawott, Pidove and Tepig lost terribly by Trip's Pokemon.

But at least Ash's Snivy did well against Trip's Servine ..... I liked his reaction when Snivy used attract on Servine and confused it in love. But it was stupid when Ash commanded Snivy to finish off that Cursed Body Pokémon, and she ended up losing

It's surprising that Ash didn't took the loss more seriously, which he should've. Trip's repetitive comment about "basics" were bland.
    The Team Rocket scene at the end was cool, serious Team Rocket is one of the things that I liked about the BW saga.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I liked this episode tbh Ash kinda deserved to lose considering how lightly he was taking his journey at this point. I mean Trip probably trained his *ss off while Ash was busy goofing off and helping random COTDs.

Oh would you look at that, Ash lost yet again. Eh he shouldn't have sent that Pidove out to begin with :/
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011