Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Rival Battle for Club Champ! (669)

Glad Mijumaru finally got stomped, too bad Pokabu did too, at least it lasted longer.

Ash using Attract = lol
    [IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/2qs5fe1.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://oi52.*******.com/59u7vn.jpg[/img]
    Doryuuzu Excadrill is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Krizor View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm just not buying this rivalry.

When Ash got demolished by Paul, it was understandable since they were on equal footing. But Shooti is a BRAND NEW TRAINER, so I can't help but feel bothered by that. The battle was pretty lackluster with only Pikachu and Tsutarja putting up a fight, while Pokabu, Mijumaru, and Mamepato were just complete embarrassments.I was hoping that this battle would make me like Shooti a little more, but it didn't.
    Post like this are just plain dumb... -_-

Did you even know the movesets from Ash's current team? all of his pokemon are ROOKIES, are BEGINNERS, have no EXPERIENCE -_- sure levels don't exists in the anime but come on! Ash is not perfect, and his lost was justified because it looks Shooti is training harder than him. This **** would be boring if Ash won all the freakin' time.

You have to work harder in order to get your goals. Thank God the writers keep it real, that's why I love this show.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Did you even know the movesets from Ash's current team? all of his pokemon are ROOKIES, are BEGINNERS, have no EXPERIENCE -_- sure levels don't exists in the anime but come on! Ash is not perfect, and his lost was justified because it looks Shooti is training harder than him. This **** would be boring if Ash won all the freakin' time.

You have to work harder in order to get your goals. Thank God the writers keep it real, that's why I love this show.
    (Well Tsutarja probably does have experience so that's probably why she and Pikachu were the only ones that won)

I agree with the rest of your post though. Though still Protect is still kinda .

That Pururiru was insane! What was the move with the big shadow eye? Mean Look, Night Shade or something like that? Also, protect is very annoying.

I liked the episode, despite the fact Pokabu and Mamepato horribly lost. I don't care about Mijumaru.

Looking at this episode I think it'll be either this:

- Tsutarja: the turtwig of BW (they both have a grass starter) or maybe the chimchar of BW (it seems like Tsutarja is the strongest out of all the starters)
    - Mijumaru: The Piplup/Wobbuffet. Doubt if it's gonna evolve.
    - Pokabu: either the turtwig (doesn't get as much attention as the other starters) or the chimchar of BW (abandonned, fire starter)

I also loved Team Rocket, I wanna know what they're up to.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    (Well Tsutarja probably does have experience so that's probably why she and Pikachu were the only ones that won)

I agree with the rest of your post though. Though still Protect is still kinda .
    Yeah I said in a previous post that Tsutarja is probably her stronger member out of his newly-catched pkes. I was impressed when she defeated Janovy but the problem is that fanbase will whine about Tsutarja is never going to evolve. -_-

lol protect

Don't even bother with RickHoenn, his only agenda is to say everything about BW is perfection.

I still thought Ash losing would have been handled better. Ash traveled the world training, but get's beaten by someone with beginner's luck. Deus ex machina anyone?

So, let me sum up what Team Rocket did for those who didn't see it yet.

So like, they got stopped by Jenny and an actual police force intent on capturing them (when was the last time that happened?) but they were all like "B**** please." Then a freaking truck drives in and the agent they were supposed to meet shows up and is all "get in." Then they have an actual car chase and drive the truck off a cliff, but they had jetpacks so they flew away like James Bond villains.

Freaking badass.
    Last edited by garfield15; 18th November 2010 at 5:56 PM.

absolutely loved this battle it was amazing. it does remind some what of the paul battle but only in the out come being basically the same. With pikachu and tsatarja being really really impressive.

I rewatched both of tsatarja's battles over and over again they were just that good. the other three were really just one hit kos and with the two starters i wasn't really suprised.

mirujamru or how ever you spell his name might have strong moves. he might be over his fear of battling but the fact that he had that fear in the first place shows how inexperienced he still is. and pokabu two moves enough said.

mamepato seemed and still does seem to me to be a strong battler. she just filled the fall guy role of showing how incredaibly strong the ghost pokemon was before the final battle. i mean tsatarja could of shown that all by her self with a long drawn out battle, but with time restraints. it would still mean mamepato would be one hit koed so i like it this way.

kind of disapointed that this wasn't a two parter to let pikachu maybe fight and beat one of shooti's unkown pokemon and let mamepato get a win too. as well as just making the mamepato vs ghost pokemon (who i am not even going to try and spell it's name) battle be longer. but all it all i really loved this battle it was fun.

and lets be honest the two starters getting one shotted against a strong trainer i really couldn't see it happening any other way. at least at this point with to few moves and to little experience.

though is any one else suprised that pokabu appearantly doesn't know smokescreen yet? what with him shooting smoke into ash's face i just thought that was a hint of him knowing it. on the other hand maybe he does know it and just didn;t have the chance to use it.
    Last edited by magicallypuzzled; 18th November 2010 at 5:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    For matches like this I'll describe the battle (hopefully from now on).

Mijumaru VS Hatohboh (going with how it's pronounced)- Very cheap to give Hatohboh Super Luck, seriously very cheap. But then again Paul's Honchkrow literally OHKO a Dragonite with super luck.
    Oh... so that's why it was glowing purple/pink.

Pokabu vs Hatohboh- Dang Pokabu needs some new moves, nitro charge, or heat stamp, ember just "sucks" again apparently super luck in the anime is the equivalent to OHKOing a Pokemon, although I guess that makes sense, considering it would be hard to gauge critical hits in terms of anime.
    Agreed. Nitro Charge would actually be great for it.

Pikachu vs Hatohboh- Finally Hatohboh goes down, loved the volt tackle and Shooti couldn't get Hatohboh to recover. Nice. Alright Pikachu see you later until the Electric gym.
    I was quite pleased with VT. About time. Haha, I get ze joke .

Tsutarja vs Janovy- Well those who said it's capture was pointless can now shove a foot down their throat. Ash ordered Mero-Mero like a pro, and Tsutarja kicked Janovy's butt. Though I do hope it doesn't mean Tsutarja won't evolve.
    I was a little skeptical myself, but after seeing her battle, damn.

Mamepato vs Pururiru- Cheap, absolutely cheap. I hate protect, because it makes me think a Pokemon trainer can't use another strategy to win. This is the same reason why I was perfectly fine with Pikachu slaughtering Regice, because seriously rest, Regice wouldn't have survived a direct to direct head on battle with Pikachu. HOWEVER that's not why I'm really calling this particular battle cheap. What was cheap is unlike it's evolved form, Mamepato had to lose to one water pulse, so thus the failed air cutter failed because of protect. I would've accepted two hits, but one, that's just insulting.

Tsutarja vs Pururiru- Leaf Storm? Well damn I would've lost that bet, although leaf storm was my second guess. I was just so sure it was Grass Oath, but I guess they had to reanimate Leaf Storm to look far more epic than Torterra's Leaf Storm. Though I can already see the complaining. As Tsutarja has leaf storm and leaf blade. Oh well hey Ash used attract again, only Pururiru was somehow able to do what none of the other Pokemon did and that's dodge it, really cheap there writers, Ash told Mamepato used quick attack and it failed, why did Pururiru manage to dodge it. And I don't think ghost type was mentioned so I doubt their going to pull a status move immunity, I think Dento said it had something to with Pururiru being fast or high leveled. But I doubt the writers would give ghost types immunity to status moves, since you know type immunity to status moves don't exist in the games UNLESS it was changed in 5th gen (which is cheap, since there are lots of normal type status moves). Anyway as I was saying about the battle, rather cheap that Pururiru dodged attract or whatever it did to avoid it but hey Evil Eye was awesome, I mean holy crap that's a finishing move right there. Over all this battle was "fair" though I have to point out Puruiru (darn it I need its English name, and NAO) surviving those grass attacks was quite unfair.
    That basically sums it up for me.

Towards Mamepato; since when does Water Pulse freaking envelope it's opponent then burst? I mean, we all know it's a projectile attack, so what the hell?

Team Rocket, well good luck with your mission that doesn't involve Ash and co....... Not that I don't mind their change but their storyline seems rather jarring. It's like we're watching two shows at once, only one show gets more focus than the other. It is pretty jarring since it really doesn't involve Ash and Co at all. Ash could be in Pallet Town playing with his Pokemon and Team Rocket could be the last gym's city terrorizing it. Just weird. I just hope wherever this storyline is leading just doesn't end in disappointment. With all this focus it better have an awesome explosion end to it.
    4 episodes, I actually kind of hope they re-interact with Ash again, although, I get the feeling that they might get some more Pokemon while out in the desert. It does sort of seem feasible.

And now, for CL's bullet style formatting:

- So... we're back at the battle arena? Oh, right, Battle Club... I think.
    - Ash is looking for some challengers and spots Shooti...
    - Don George reveals that he's just one of many "Don's" at the Club; complete with family picture... now where have I seen this all before...?
    - Shooti is called on a vid screen on his watch... oh wait, isn't there a function for this in the game? I'm pretty sure. I has to do with the mugshot cinematic thingies...
    - Shooti knows Dento, probably due to him being a gym leader and all. Iris, no clue.
    - Ash is blaming Pikachu's previous loss on something to do with Zekrom. Ash, c'mon, you know it's wrong using a legendary Pokemon as a scapegoat... just admit, level reset happened. Or rather, power reset lightning happened.
    - Shooti knows something about Kanto that I'd kind of like to know, that or he has somekind of issue with Kanto... kind of hard to know.
    - Iris used Taunt, it works!
    - (not sure about the timeline on this, so we'll put it here) Team Rocket are in some kind of junkyard, and then are ambushed by the Isshu police. And yet, Jessie seems unphased. WTH?
    - So, battle's begun, and it's Hatoboh vs. Mijumaru? Okay, what?
    - Hatoboh uses Double Team, then some kind of purple/pink aura (apparently it's Super Luck), then manages to dodge Water Gun and OHKOs Miju. Well, damn, super luck my ***.
    - Next up, Pokabu. Ember's missing, AGAIN! You need a new move dammit! And once again, repeat of Miju.
    - Pikachu's up, finally. Thunderbolt misses! Oh screw you writers!! Gets hit with I think is Aerial Ace... but it looks very different.
    - Pikachu grabs Hatoboh's leg and flings it! Normally, I would have said WTF, but based on what I've seen before, this is nothing.
    - And Volt Tackle!! OH HELL YEAH!! OHKOs Hatoboh! 'Bought time.
    - Janovy vs. Pikachu. Well, this is going to go wrong.
    - Yup, Janovy blocks Iron Tail with, Leaf Blade? Seriously? It's using THAT to use Leaf Blade. WTH??
    - And it uses it to cancel out Volt Tackle. OP much?
    - Grass Mixer, and Pikachu goes down.
    - Tsutarja is up next. Wait... what?
    - Iris is insinuating that Ash should use Mamepato... right, after what we just saw with Pikachu, EF no!
    - Ash attempts to block off Janovy with Vine Whip... then eventually uses Attract. Ash... using a STATUS AFFLICTION?! Yup, Hell has frozen over.
    - Tsutarja just whoops Janovy with Vine Whip and Leaf Blade. I do not like his expression. Luckily, no one within the proper Ash of viewing this would know anyways so it's not that bad.
    - (throwing this here, just to get it out of the way) Team Rocket gets picked up by some random guy who looks like he could easily be Takuto's dad... or brother/cousin/relative, etc... and then they take off over an uncompleted highway... no something's going to happen.
    - They escape on jetpacks. Okay, that does it, who are you three, and what have you done with TR? Really.
    - Back to the battle, we get Pururiru (you don't want to know how I managed to get the spelling down, it's quite absurd). Ash sends out Mamepato. Okay that does it Ash, you're spending a good 4 episodes solely to train these guys.
    - Mamepato uses Air Cutter, Pururiru uses Protect. Writers, quit using that attack, it's just showing how shoddy you can be with writing.
    - Pururiru uses Water Pulse. Since when does it work like that? Oh, and it OHKOs Mamepato.
    - Now it's Tsutarja's time. Why do I not feel any better?
    - Tsutarja uses Vine Whip... but something odd is happening to it. Whatever it is, it's causing Iris's to freak out. Or, maybe it's because he's using a physical attack on a ghost and there's some kind of secondary effect with this one.
    - Attract is attempted... but he DODGES?! Okay, writers seriously, wth? Cheap much? God damn you!!!
    - Water Pulse is used... and it Confuses her? GAH!!
    - She at least tries to get in Leaf Storm... which hardly does anything it seems (yeah, I know I forgot it before, it happens to me)
    - And now it's using Evil Eye. And it OHKOs her.
    - Shooti at least comments on how Ash does have 2 good Pokemon now.
    - Typical "rivalry stuff"

Wow, just wow. I knew the writers could be cheap sometimes, I didn't realize just how badly. 2 Pokemon with abilities, 1 of which makes for easy KOs, the other inflicts somekind of status, Water Pulse gets off Confusion status, Protect is used, and one of them DODGES ATTRACT. I'm sorry writers, you're going to have to try better than that. Cheap wins does not make for a good battle.

C_L

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

The only thing I thought was cheap about that battle was the dodging of Attract and Protect. All the other stuff is just logical battle-wise.

That being said, I wonder if this foreshadows any of Satoshi's Pokemon evolving before Shippou City.

Oh and Janovy was using Cut. Not Leaf Blade. Leaf Blade is green.
    Last edited by garfield15; 18th November 2010 at 6:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post

Agreed. Nitro Charge would actually be great for it.

I was quite pleased with VT. About time. Haha, I get ze joke .

I was a little skeptical myself, but after seeing her battle, damn.

That basically sums it up for me.

Towards Mamepato; since when does Water Pulse freaking envelope it's opponent then burst? I mean, we all know it's a projectile attack, so what the hell?

4 episodes, I actually kind of hope they re-interact with Ash again, although, I get the feeling that they might get some more Pokemon while out in the desert. It does sort of seem feasible.

And now, for CL's bullet style formatting:

- So... we're back at the battle arena? Oh, right, Battle Club... I think.
    - Ash is looking for some challengers and spots Shooti...
    - Don George reveals that he's just one of many "Don's" at the Club; complete with family picture... now where have I seen this all before...?
    - Shooti is called on a vid screen on his watch... oh wait, isn't there a function for this in the game? I'm pretty sure. I has to do with the mugshot cinematic thingies...
    - Shooti knows Dento, probably due to him being a gym leader and all. Iris, no clue.
    - Ash is blaming Pikachu's previous loss on something to do with Zekrom. Ash, c'mon, you know it's wrong using a legendary Pokemon as a scapegoat... just admit, level reset happened. Or rather, power reset lightning happened.
    - Shooti knows something about Kanto that I'd kind of like to know, that or he has somekind of issue with Kanto... kind of hard to know.
    - Iris used Taunt, it works!
    - (not sure about the timeline on this, so we'll put it here) Team Rocket are in some kind of junkyard, and then are ambushed by the Isshu police. And yet, Jessie seems unphased. WTH?
    - So, battle's begun, and it's Hatoboh vs. Mijumaru? Okay, what?
    - Hatoboh uses Double Team, then some kind of purple/pink aura (apparently it's Super Luck), then manages to dodge Water Gun and OHKOs Miju. Well, damn, super luck my ***.
    - Next up, Pokabu. Ember's missing, AGAIN! You need a new move dammit! And once again, repeat of Miju.
    - Pikachu's up, finally. Thunderbolt misses! Oh screw you writers!! Gets hit with I think is Aerial Ace... but it looks very different.
    - Pikachu grabs Hatoboh's leg and flings it! Normally, I would have said WTF, but based on what I've seen before, this is nothing.
    - And Volt Tackle!! OH HELL YEAH!! OHKOs Hatoboh! 'Bought time.
    - Janovy vs. Pikachu. Well, this is going to go wrong.
    - Yup, Janovy blocks Iron Tail with, Leaf Blade? Seriously? It's using THAT to use Leaf Blade. WTH??
    - And it uses it to cancel out Volt Tackle. OP much?
    - Grass Mixer, and Pikachu goes down.
    - Tsutarja is up next. Wait... what?
    - Iris is insinuating that Ash should use Mamepato... right, after what we just saw with Pikachu, EF no!
    - Ash attempts to block off Janovy with Vine Whip... then eventually uses Attract. Ash... using a STATUS AFFLICTION?! Yup, Hell has frozen over.
    - Tsutarja just whoops Janovy with Vine Whip and Leaf Blade. I do not like his expression. Luckily, no one within the proper Ash of viewing this would know anyways so it's not that bad.
    - (throwing this here, just to get it out of the way) Team Rocket gets picked up by some random guy who looks like he could easily be Takuto's dad... or brother/cousin/relative, etc... and then they take off over an uncompleted highway... no something's going to happen.
    - They escape on jetpacks. Okay, that does it, who are you three, and what have you done with TR? Really.
    - Back to the battle, we get Pururiru (you don't want to know how I managed to get the spelling down, it's quite absurd). Ash sends out Mamepato. Okay that does it Ash, you're spending a good 4 episodes solely to train these guys.
    - Mamepato uses Air Cutter, Pururiru uses Protect. Writers, quit using that attack, it's just showing how shoddy you can be with writing.
    - Pururiru uses Water Pulse. Since when does it work like that? Oh, and it OHKOs Mamepato.
    - Now it's Tsutarja's time. Why do I not feel any better?
    - Tsutarja uses Vine Whip... but something odd is happening to it. Whatever it is, it's causing Iris's to freak out. Or, maybe it's because he's using a physical attack on a ghost and there's some kind of secondary effect with this one.
    - Attract is attempted... but he DODGES?! Okay, writers seriously, wth? Cheap much? God damn you!!!
    - Water Pulse is used... and it Confuses her? GAH!!
    - She at least tries to get in Leaf Storm... which hardly does anything it seems (yeah, I know I forgot it before, it happens to me)
    - And now it's using Evil Eye. And it OHKOs her.
    - Shooti at least comments on how Ash does have 2 good Pokemon now.
    - Typical "rivalry stuff"

Wow, just wow. I knew the writers could be cheap sometimes, I didn't realize just how badly. 2 Pokemon with abilities, 1 of which makes for easy KOs, the other inflicts somekind of status, Water Pulse gets off Confusion status, Protect is used, and one of them DODGES ATTRACT. I'm sorry writers, you're going to have to try better than that. Cheap wins does not make for a good battle.

C_L
    so would you rather have ash avoid facing some one who has all those tricks? he'll have to at some point if only to continue giving the impression or illusion that he's improving and and facing harder trainers.

i don;t give a crap if shooti is a beginner he's obviosly alot better then the majority of experienced trainers we have seen. That doesn;t just include ash but alot of others as well i'd go as far as saying he's better then katie already. and she made it to the hoenn league and gave ash a hard battle there and i'd say shooti could already beat her. i wouldn;t quite say hes better then paul or gary are now but this early in his journey he isn;t as far off as i would of thought.

I don't know why Shooti is getting hate, if anything he's a good trainer. It's not his fault Ash is failing. I watched this episode because I was interested in seeing the Ash and Shooti rivalry and I must say I'm not really impressed yet. I just don't get it. Ash has new Pokemon we all know that, but Shooti just became a trainer and he already has Pokemon bigger then Ash's and there evolved? At least they revealed that Paul was a experienced veteran trainer a little into his character but this is a shame for Ash. Ash has had 4 fire types, 4 grass types, 5 water types, and 4 birds, you mean to tell me he can't at least come up with a good battle plan with these Pokemon? Yeah forget my early complaints about Ash never trying new types, if he ever steps out of Electric/Fire/Water/Grass/Flying he won't make it to the league. So basically a rookie trainer (Shooti) is better then a veteran trainer on this day, even if Ash has new Pokemon they should at least be up to Shooti's level, he's a blasted rookie! And there's no new kid/Coordinator slowing him down so you can't use that excuse anymore.

Other then Ash just failing, I did enjoy Iris and Dento today. I've really warmed up to Iris now and hope to see her in action again. Team Rocket are the highlight of the series for me now which is sad considering I wanted them gone in Hoenn and Sinnoh, now I want them to have more screen time. Overall a fairly decent episode. There's no way Ash will win the Isshu league, after today he doesn't deserve it. Even if he evolves every last one of his Pokemon. Poor guy needs to train harder like his rookie rival. Between Ash and Shooti who is the rookie again?

Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    Don't even bother with RickHoenn, his only agenda is to say everything about BW is perfection.

I still thought Ash losing would have been handled better. Ash traveled the world training, but get's beaten by someone with beginner's luck. Deus ex machina anyone?
    Just like your mo to say everything about BW is bad. Honestly you should see my sarcasm, the only region rickhoenn is biased to is hoenn and your still biased against BW

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    That Pururiru was insane! What was the move with the big shadow eye? Mean Look, Night Shade or something like that?
    The move Pururiru used was Evil Eye. It also used Protect, Water Pulse, and Night Shade.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Ash has new Pokemon we all know that, but Shooti just became a trainer and he already has Pokemon bigger then Ash's and there evolved?
    Uh, yes clearly? And he has two badges. So obviously somebody with new Pokemon but has two badges is going to be more advanced than someone with new Pokemon and one badge.
    Ash has had 4 fire types, 4 grass types, 5 water types, and 4 birds, you mean to tell me he can't at least come up with a good battle plan with these Pokemon?
    Do not use past examples when a new region and new Pokemon are involved. You cannot properly judge anything in a new region if you keep thinking that the same experience will apply.

Okay, what exactly was he supposed to do with the Pokabu that only knows two moves? Or the Mamepato that has fought only once in battle under his command?
    even if Ash has new Pokemon they should at least be up to Shooti's level,
    NO THEY SHOULDN'T!

That would be unbelievably stupid. We want to see Satoshi grow, not have Pokemon that are haxx. Also, that's just logically insane. I mean, throwoing Janovy aside, he has a Hatopoo! If we assumed that it evolved from Mamepato (not saying it has) that means it's been used enough times compared to that of Starly evolving into Staravia or Tailow into Swellow.

Why did everybody ignore what Shooti said? Pikachu and Tsutarja are good Pokemon. But the others are just not good enough yet. Considering that Shooti has two badges, that means he's experienced more than Ash has (for this region. Not in total. Clearly that would be Satoshi). Am I saying dodging Attract wasn't totally lame? No, I am not. Am I saying Shooti is ahead of Ash? Yes. Yes he is. He's covered in twice the amount of episodes twice of what Satoshi has done.
    Other then Ash just failing, I did enjoy Iris and Dento today. I've really warmed up to Iris now and hope to see her in action again.
    Me too. They had some great chemistry today. Like Iris' "DON'T ATTACK THE FREAKING GHOST!"

Quote Originally Posted by Krizor View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm just not buying this rivalry.

When Ash got demolished by Paul, it was understandable since they were on equal footing. But Shooti is a BRAND NEW TRAINER, so I can't help but feel bothered by that. The battle was pretty lackluster with only Pikachu and Tsutarja putting up a fight, while Pokabu, Mijumaru, and Mamepato were just complete embarrassments.I was hoping that this battle would make me like Shooti a little more, but it didn't.

And the TR highway chase was good up until the jet packs...

So far, BW has yet to impress me. I really want to like it, but I can't honestly say that I do at this point.
    This. Even though Ash has new pokemon, it still shouldn't really be this uneven. Perhaps if it were a 3 on 3 it would be more understandable, but this is just Ash vs Paul all over again, except without any interesting parts....

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuto View Post
    This. Even though Ash has new pokemon, it still shouldn't really be this uneven. Perhaps if it were a 3 on 3 it would be more understandable, but this is just Ash vs Paul all over again, except without any interesting parts....
    How are we going to declare this as uninteresting when it's only been two battles and one of them skewed in order to let the other guy win so technically, only one with an actual team vs. team. I thought the episode would be extended into the next one so we could see more, but that wasn't what they went for.

Three battles, then maybe we can talk.

This battle made me like Shooti's Hatooboo alot...It has Super Luck[I think],Aerial Ace,Cheer Up...It makes Ash's Mamepato look like crap>.>

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I'm not surprised at all that Ash lost. Think about it: it's the start of a new region so all of his new Pokemon are fairly weak, Pikachu gets his traditional level-resetting, we've seen from the first few episodes that Ash is acting like a complete noob, we haven't seen him train his new Pokemon much and it seems the writers are trying to pull off another rival-that-can't-be-beaten-until-the-league.

As for Shooti, I am trying to like him, but I just can't. I was hoping they'd expand on his personality a bit more in this episode in way that didn't make him seem like another Paul/Gary. Okay, so I don't understand much Japanese, but from what I did hear, Shooti has two badges, he was fairly impressed with Pikachu and Tsutarja (but not the others) and most what he was saying seemed similar to the first episode; that Ash is a hillbilly and he doesn't know the basics of Pokemon training, blah, blah, blah. Please writers, make him just a bit more unique.

The animation was great. The newly animated Water Pulse looks more powerful, washing-machine-like and... well, watery. The old one kind of looked like a random blue orb. I also like the new animation for Aerial Ace.

Side note: I agree with whoever said Iris and Dento were enjoyable today. They'll grow into fun travelling companions.

The battle? Meh. I am so shipping Ash's Tsutarja and Shooti's Janovy now.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    Uh, yes clearly? And he has two badges. So obviously somebody with new Pokemon but has two badges is going to be more advanced than someone with new Pokemon and one badge.
    Do not use past examples when a new region and new Pokemon are involved. You cannot properly judge anything in a new region if you keep thinking that the same experience will apply.

Okay, what exactly was he supposed to do with the Pokabu that only knows two moves? Or the Mamepato that has fought only once in battle under his command?
    NO THEY SHOULDN'T!

That would be unbelievably stupid. We want to see Satoshi grow, not have Pokemon that are haxx. Also, that's just logically insane. I mean, throwoing Janovy aside, he has a Hatopoo! If we assumed that it evolved from Mamepato (not saying it has) that means it's been used enough times compared to that of Starly evolving into Staravia or Tailow into Swellow.

Why did everybody ignore what Shooti said? Pikachu and Tsutarja are good Pokemon. But the others are just not good enough yet. Considering that Shooti has two badges, that means he's experienced more than Ash has (for this region. Not in total. Clearly that would be Satoshi). Am I saying dodging Attract wasn't totally lame? No, I am not. Am I saying Shooti is ahead of Ash? Yes. Yes he is. He's covered in twice the amount of episodes twice of what Satoshi has done.

Me too. They had some great chemistry today. Like Iris' "DON'T ATTACK THE FREAKING GHOST!"
    See Ash grow? This is his 5th region! If he hasn't grown enough....let me stop that. Shooti has two badges that's fine, it's good even. Yet Ash can't move as fast as Shooti? I'm not trying to hate on Ash (Because I don't hate him) but I really can't take him seriously. If this is going to be like Paul, where Shooti is ahead of him and beats him every time before the league then that's just sad. Even if there new Pokemon, Ash should be teaching his Pokemon some of the tricks he's picked up from his old Pokemon. Like I said he's had these element types before but you wouldn't know it. No comment on Pikachu, even with the downgrade it should be better then that. They should have made this rivalry different. Trying making it even for once. Shooti beat Ash when they first met, then Ash beat Shooti in there next, just to keep it fresh and new. This feels like a poor attempt of last region's rivalry. That's all I'm saying. Ash should train his Pokemon more before getting into battle, especially against kids who just get there Pokemon but are better at being trainer's then him. Your right, Iris and Dento have good chemistry. I want to see more of them and less of Ash and Shooti to be honest.

Mijumaru and Pokabu need new moves... these aren't cutting it.

Tsutarja and Pikachu are doing fine, the strongest ones of his team.

Mamepato has good moves but its just that its too small it needs to evolve in order to be more suited to battles.

Janovy is male as expected. Romance or a gender rivalry?
    Hatoopoo can be really cheap with super luck but Paul's Honchkrow also had it.
    Pururiru wow... it's impressive.

Like others have said Ash's pokemon have hardly recieved any training so it's understandable he lost to Shooti who has obviously been doing at least a bit of training (Janovy)

Ash was being typical Ash, he saw Shooti's profile on the Battle Club database and though 'Hey iv'e got a few new pokemon now so i should be able to get revenge for my earlier loss to him' without taking anything in to account ... like his lack of training so far, and just went headfirst in to a battle. Maybe Ash will now reaslise he actually needs to train his Pokemon if he is going to beat Shooti, Shooti's comments after the match should help him figure this out.
    FC: 4356-0274-2119
    FS: Elec - Emolga, Pikachu, Dedenne

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Actually that was a move ordered by Shooti. At first I thought it was focus energy because of its ability but it can't learn it. Bulbapedia mentions it was cheer up, a move that raises both attack stats.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I have to agree with Shooti.

Pikachu and Tsutaja put up a good fight.

Pokabu,Mamepato, and Mijumaru as he said, "nothing to write home about."

They need some experience under their belts, to learn some moves, and hopefully evolve.

I agree that at least to me, Iris and Dento are extremely enjoyable and the best travel companions, they have great tv-chemistry and really add to the entertainment factor.

I wonder..... Tsutarja defeated Janovy, so Tsutarja won't be evolving.....XD
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast