Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: A Rival Battle for Club Champ! (669)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    It was a 2 over 5 victory for Shooti and the guy just started on his journey.
    Except he has two badges and a full team with two (well, maybe probably one) evolved Pokemon and Ash has one badge and a semi-complete team with no evolved Pokemon except a Pikachu that can take out evolved Pokemon.
    I really did not see the point of this episode. Just plain horrible IMO and a huge blow to all the training Ash ever did in his trainer career.
    You're confusing an entire career with the Pokemon he just started out with which should not be compared as they are two different levels
    For all those saying that Ash has rookies for pokemon, spare me. Shooti has 5 new pokemon and has them all at a high level. If Ash didn't train his pokemon thats his fault.
    No, I am not going to spare you. He does have only rookies for Pokemon (minus Pika and probably Tsutarja), he has not trained them enough and one of his Pokemon only knows two moves. And I don't get it. You admit that it's Satoshi's fault that he lost, but then you say the battle was a bad one and lose respect for the writers. So what? Is it everyone's fault now?
    Last edited by garfield15; 19th November 2010 at 12:20 AM.

You're confusing an entire career with the Pokemon he just started out with which should not be compared as they are two different levels
    I didn't mention pokemon, I mentioned his training career.

No, I am not going to spare you. He does have only rookies for Pokemon (minus Pika and probably Tsutarja), he has not trained them enough and one of his Pokemon only knows two moves. And I don't get it. You admit that it's Satoshi's fault that he lost, but then you say the battle was a bad one and lose respect for the writers. So what? Is it everyone's fault now?
    How is it everyone's fault? The battle was bad, plain and simple IMO. Maybe you are getting the wrong message from what I said. The writers made a mistake IMO with the battle and Ash should not have lost as badly as he did.

Also I ask that you don't go overboard defending this episode. My opinion makes perfect sense for those that agree with my points and you aren't required to reply to my post.

BTW don't expect me to change my mind due to your post.

-Dento recognizes Shooti from a gym challenge. Makes sense.
    -Oh my god the Don Georges are just like the Jennys and Joys
    -Shooti's surprised that Dento's tagging along with Ash. I can't blame him.
    -Remember back in DP when full battles were big effing deals? Apaprently Shooti doesn't agree with that, since he asks Ash for a full battle! ...but Ash only has 5 Pokemon. Oopsie.
    -Ash shows off his one gym badge. Shooti's not impressed by it. Again, I can't blame him.
    -Iris pulls the "kodomo ne" stuff with Shooti, which stops him long enough for Dento to talk him into a battle.
    -Round 1: Hatooboo vs Mijimaru! Result: Miji gets curbstomped. Hatooboo is FAST.
    -Round 2: Hatooboo vs Pokabu! Result: Pokabu gets curbstomped, but slightly less quickly since Hatooboo spends a minute doing Double Team crap. Shooti knows a suspicious amount of strategy for a beginning trainer.
    -Round 3: Pikachu gets in the ring, and...oh, wait, TR break.
    -Aw sheet, it's the cops!
    -Back to Ash vs Shooti! Ash finally puts a strategy out of his ***, which means that Hatooboo is going DOWN.
    -And now Shooti sends out Janoby. Ash is surprised for some reason, then recalls Pikachu's embarassing loss to Shooti's Tsutarja way back when.
    -Back at OH FUCK IT'S THE FUZZ, a truck saves TR. The cops chase after them. ...a car truck chase? In POKEMON? Who woulda thunk it?
    -TR+cohort end the chase by flying away on jetpacks. I guess this is one way to lure in the "impressed by JETPACKS and EXPLOSIONS and CAR CHASES" crowd(read:everyone)
    -Pikachu just can't catch a break against that Janoby. Someday you'll win, buddy. Someday.
    -Of course the writers can't resist matching one of Ash's Pokemon against their evo.
    -This is the smuggest match *ever*.
    -Just as I was going "goddammit Ash, USE ATTRACT ALREADY", he uses attract. Good to see that Attract won't go to waste.
    -*insert crude joke about Janoby enjoying that Vine Whip a bit TOo much here*
    -Ash wins this round, but he still has to get through 3 more of Shooti's Pokemon. Looking at the time here, I have a suspicion he's not going to be able to do that.
    -Oh boy, it's ghost jellyfish time! And Mamepato time!
    -And Mamepato's down in record time thanks to Water Pulse.
    -Shooti's talking smack to Ash again. Nice to see a geniune ******* as a rival.
    -Ash has Tsutarja use vine whip, which makes the cheerleading section(well, mostly just Iris) throw a fit.
    -Apparently Ash really should have known that this random ghost jellyfish he's never seen before has the Cursed Body ability.
    -Not even Attract is working here - ghost jellyfish(whose name I can't spell and I don't feel like looking up) dodged it!
    -And now Tsutarja's confused. Great.
    -I have no idea what the hell Purirurrudrghdfkfhg just did, but it looked like Tsutarja got some mental scars out of it.
    -Ash lost. Of course. I can't WAIT to see the flood of complaining about this.
    -Despite Ash's embarassing loss, everyone seems pretty happy at the episode's end. I think Dento's rubbing off on them.

This was a good episode. Shooti seems like the type that's focused on getting a strong team super-fast(but he still respects his Pokemon, unlike a certain rival from last saga), and I'm interested in seeing how the writers will make him crash and burn.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -Dento recognizes Shooti from a gym challenge. Makes sense.
    I was surprised the writing staff actually included something like that. It's like "hey, see that canon and logic? We don't forget it all the time!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    -TR+cohort end the chase by flying away on jetpacks. I guess this is one way to lure in the "impressed by JETPACKS and EXPLOSIONS and CAR CHASES" crowd(read:everyone)
    Well, personally, it's not the EXPLOSIONS and CAR CHASES that solely impress me. It's that it's Team Rocket specifically doing these things.

I guess Ash just was not ready for Shooti to be this strong already. I mean we did not expect him to be this strong; how would Ash? Shooti has already got past the second gym. Who expected that? I wonder why he is backtracking though? Isn't he supposed to go away from Shippou in the direction not towards the first gym but the other way?

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    I knew there would be many Don Geroge's like joy's and jenny, so yay and also great episode, i liked Pururiru battling.
    I did too
    I like how the move Water Pulse was used
    Evil Eye look is scary looking attack
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

This episode backs up the first and the fifth as to why keeping Ash and Pikachu this long is a problem. We've seen Pikachu match with Dragonite, Metagross, Regice, Latios, and more, but his power resets do get annoying quickly. But honestly, what choice do the writers have? If they're going to showcase the new Pokemon, they can't let Pikachu outshine them. But he *has* to be there. It was noticeable in DP, but only 10 episodes in it's glaring in BW.

Oh gee, Shooti was being respectful towards Dento and some others, I guess that means we have to like him somehow. >_>'

Wow, the writers managed to take lovable ol' Team Rocket and completely strip them of any personality or quirks, now they fit right in with the good guys. Being capable of doing that is impressive I guess, in a stupid kind of way.

"Did you even know the movesets from Ash's current team? all of his pokemon are ROOKIES, are BEGINNERS, have no EXPERIENCE -_- sure levels don't exists in the anime but come on! Ash is not perfect, and his lost was justified because it looks Shooti is training harder than him.
    So it's perfectly realistic for Shooti, a beginner trainer who just barely started his journey, to already have two badges and at least two evolved Pokemon, in addition to having defeating a four region experienced trainer in curb stomp battles twice?

This **** would be boring if Ash won all the freakin' time.
    This *insert word for feces* would also be boring if Ash lost all the freaking time... oh wait that's exactly what's happening.

Although I am disappointed by this loss, I can only hope it means something somewhere down the line.
    It means Ash is going to be the underdog throughout this region, constantly being upstaged and losing to Shooti, only for them to get the league where Ash pulls a DEM out of his *** and barely manages to win, cause that's totally original and nothing the writers have done in past regions. :V

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Also, did anyone notice the use of the title theme from (the Japanese version of) Mewtwo Strikes Back at the end of the episode? Nice to hear some of the classic music again.

Another day, another episode of Pokemon Best Wishes for me to review. I was really, really, really looking forward to seeing this battle episode at last since there was so much freaking hype for this episode going on around the Anime Spoilers section for the past month. I was expecting another Paul-esque battle to occur in this 10th episode of Best Wishes but I didn't get that exactly; I think I got something much better, even if the ending wasn't what I would have liked. I know a lot of people predicted that Ash would lose the battle against his new rival Shooti, but I thought there was a slight chance that the writers would have Ash win just to please the fans. However, the writers aren't so nice and Ash lost which we all know by now. Still, I think this episode answered more questions than it raised so I'm still glad I tuned in and watched it. Well then, here we go. The start of this episode finds Ash running through a new anime-exclusive town (which we can't get enough of in Best Wishes apparently) and encountering something I hadn't expected to see in the anime again; a Battle Club facility. So then it would appear that there are several of these things around Isshu. Good grief. Ash logs into the computer there at the Battle Club, closely followed by Iris and Dento; his two babysitters companions on his journey through Isshu. Ash then noticed that Shooti was registered there! How incredibly convenient that Shooti should be there as well, in the same town as Ash even though he should have advanced further by now. It's like someone wrote all of this haha.

After the Opening credits, we had Ash and the others talking about Shooti's presence. Dento apparently knew Shooti from the Sanyou Gym since Shooti defeated him there a while before Ash arrived. I had always wondered if Dento had encountered Shooti before and it seems he had; kinda cool. We got some nice music from an Isshu route at that point as Ash remembered his pathetic battle with Shooti a while back and he was actually looking forward to challenging Shooti again? Well, at least Ash is consistent; I just hope he doesn't cry when it losses again. Just as Ash was bouncing around happily, Don George appeared behind him and his friends. Ash thought he was the same Don George from Karakusa Town, but apparently, there are tons of Don George's running around Isshu; as Don George showed Ash on the family portrait haha. Don George did something on the computer that activated Shooti's C-Gear's Live Caster, which allowed Ash to call him. Nice to see an in-game item play a role. Shooti answered the call while he was walking around the town and he was surprised to see Ash on there; I'm surprised he still remembered Ash haha. Iris introduced herself and Dento faaaabulously said hello and Shooti was surprised to see Dento from Sanyou City there with Ash. Shooti recalled his earlier battle with Ash and how his Tsutarja knocked Pikachu out, but Ash said that Pikachu had only lost due to Zekrom having sucked up it's power, which was true. Dento asked where Ash had seen Zekrom, and Iris told him it happened in Kanoko Town. So then Iris knew about that? I didn't know that.

Ash started getting angry at Shooti for not wanting to have a rematch, and Don George had to calm him down haha. Crazy Ash. At that moment, Shooti arrived at the Battle Club, much to the surprise of everyone there. Ash then started talking to Shooti and Shooti agreed to battle, though he wanted a full Pokemon battle. Ash only had five Pokemon though, which Shooti seemed to find annoying, but Ash showed Shooti his Tri Badge. Shooti seemed unimpressed, and as Ash and him were talking/arguing, I couldn't help notice that Shooti's voice still sounds feminine. I know there are tons of "Dento is gay" jokes going around, but maybe we should have "Shooti is gay" jokes too? Just throwing that out there. Shooti got bored with Ash and decided to leave, however, Iris seemed to tease him a bit and once that got his attention, Dento explained something to Shooti which made him decide to battle Ash after all! He asked Don George if they could borrow an arena, to which Don George agreed. Ash thanked Shooti, though Shooti didn't seem to care. For a minute there, it looked like Ash was going to turn his hat around, but he didn't. Aww. They all arrived at the arena and set up to battle. Each person was to use five Pokemon each and Don George was the referee which was pretty much predictable. I loved that we were getting some Pokemon League music during that scene since it made things feel really intense. The battle then finally started once Don George explained the rules and we had Shooti send out a new Pokemon; Hatooboo. Man, it looked really cool compared to Mamepato.

Ash scanned Hatooboo in his Isshu Pokedex since that's what he does, scan things, and he got the 411 on Hatooboo's fighting abilities. Once that was done, Ash chose to use his trusty Mijumaru to battle Hatooboo. Shooti seemed to recognize it from Araragi's lab and Ash explained how it beat Dento in Sanyou City. I noticed we got some intense Isshu Gym battle music at the start of the battle; classy. Ash started things by having Mijumaru use it's Water Gun attack on Hatooboo but Shooti had Hatooboo dodge that attack easily which I was impressed to see. Shooti then had his Hatooboo use some sort of strange attack that knocked Mijumaru's shell off of it's chest and caused it to faint right away! What the heck?! NOOOOO! Poor Mijumaru; it was just starting to battle when it lost to a bird. Ash seemed stunned but he sent out his Pokabu to deal with Hatooboo in place of Mijumaru. Ash had Pokabu use it's Ember attack on Hatooboo but that crafty Hatooboo dodged it in the air. Pokabu kept firing more Ember at Hatooboo but none of them made contact. That's why I hate Flying-types in the anime: they're given very little weaknesses since they manage to dodge everything! Shooti had Hatooboo use Double Team next, which made things so much worse for Ash. The Hatooboo started to glow red and for a while, I was confused on what that attack was. Then after reading a bit through Shooti's profile, I learned that it was the move Cheer Up! So Hatooboo managed to pull off a Cheer Up in it's Double Team state; clever strategy there. The Hatooboo then merged back into one Hatooboo, which was a surprise.

It was all part of Shooti's plan though, and he had Hatooboo use Aerial Ace on Pokabu, knocking it out instantly. So it looked like Shooti powered-up his Hatooboo with Cheer Up and then had it use an attack. Wow, the guy has a brain. With two Pokemon down, Ash had to choose his next one carefully. Ash decided to send in a man (Pikachu) to do a man's job! Meanwhile, in some other part of town with tons of metallic trash piled around, we found "new" Team Rocket just sort of standing around, waiting for something or someone, again. Just as Team Rocket was looking around, Officer Jenny from the LAPD, I mean, the Isshu Region Police Department (IRPD), appeared with tons of other police officer dudes. They had apparently caught word of Team Rocket's appearance in that empty lot so they came to apprehend them. Finally, the police are doing something instead of just eating rice balls or "donuts", as the 4kids dub called them. Despite being surrounded, Team Rocket didn't seem the least bit worried; Jessie and James even smiled, which hasn't happened in a long time. Back at the Battle Club, Pikachu used Thunder Bolt but Hatooboo dodged it. Shooti was impressed that Pikachu's electric attacks returned though. He then had Hatooboo use Cheer Up and Aerial Ace once more, which hurt Pikachu. Pikachu looked about finished and Shooti's Hatooboo went in for the kill but Ash had Pikachu do something interesting: he had Pikachu grab Hatooboo's leg! It then did something even cooler; it slammed that Hatooboo on the ground which looked really painful but so worth it in the end!

After having slammed Hatooboo on the ground and having just made a great comeback, Pikachu went in for the kill and used it's Volt Tackle attack and knocked Shooti's Hatooboo out cold. Oh, I got such a rush seeing Pikachu mop the floor with that Super Luck Hatooboo. Yeah, I heard it had Super Luck so I'm assuming it was using that to it's advantage. After that round was over, Shooti sent out his second Pokemon, Janovy! So then it would appear that Shooti did enough training to make his Tsutarja evolve. What a twist haha. Ash recalled having battled Janovy as a Tsutarja and he seemed to prepare for the tough battle ahead. Meanwhile, back at that abandoned lot, just as Officer Jenny and the other police officers were about to arrest Team Rocket, a big truck arrived just in time and crashed through the gate of the lot, sending the police officers running for their lives. The truck stopped in front of Team Rocket and the guy inside told them to get in. It was the same guy that Giovanni was talking about in the previous episode too, so I guess Team Rocket was waiting for him there. As the truck left, we got a cool scene showing the police officers chase the truck down a highway! Then the truck fell off of the highway and there was this huge explosion, but Team Rocket and that other guy got away on jet packs. Oh, that was so smooth, like it was part of a movie. While in the sky, the guy handed Team Rocket a briefcase and then he just flew away. Team Rocket flew away in another direction after that as well, without another word. I really miss the old talkative Team Rocket now.

Anyway, back at the Battle Club we got to see Ash telling Pikachu to use it's Iron Tail against Shooti's Janovy. Somehow, Shooti's Janovy countered that Iron Tail with Cut. I still loved the Iron Tail animation though lol. Janovy then used Grass Mixer and, once again, Pikachu was caught up in it. Repetition ftw? Ash had Pikachu use Volt Tackle on Janovy and it looked like it might work but Janovy used Cut again and it was able to knock Pikachu off course. Sadly, that little Cut attack that Janovy delivered was able to finish off Pikachu. What? Really?! How is that even possible?! Anyway, Don George declared Janovy the winner and even though Pikachu lost, Ash still thanked it. As Shooti was bashing Ash's Pokemon, Ash sent out Tsutarja; ignoring the fact that it's moves wouldn't do much against Janovy. Tsutarja used Vine Whip against Janovy, who dodged the attack easily. I loved it though since it looked like they were dancing. RocketHissShipping, anyone? Tsutarja used it's new Leaf Blade move to attack Janovy, but Janovy dodged. Janovy then used Grass Mixer and Tsutarja was slammed into the ground. I seriously thought it was over, but Tsutarja got back up. The girl has grace, I like that. Tsutarja used Vine Whip again but it didn't work as Janovy dodged it again. However, Tsutarja seized the chance and used Attract and it worked! Janovy was rendered useless much to Shooti's dismay. Even Iris and Dento looked glad to see Ash use strategy for once. Tsutarja attacked it with a barrage of Vine Whips and then finished things off with Leaf Blade. Janovy finally lost, and it was actually a good battle. Tsutarja really showed that females can do anything that males can! Despite having Janovy lose, Shooti didn't look all that upset. Arrogant punk.

As Ash was returning Tsutarja into it's Pokeball, Shooti sent out another new Pokemon of his; Pururiru. Pururiru looks totally weird in the anime though. Ash scanned it in his Isshu Pokedex before sending out his Mamepato into the battle. Mamepato attacked Pururiru with it's Air Slash attack but Shooti had Pururiru block it with Protect (which got a new animation, btw). Pururiru then used it's Water Pulse attack, which looked a lot more like Aura Sphere for some reason. That attack also got a new animation as it surrounded Mamepato in a sphere of water and then burst, sending Mamepato crashing into the window. I laughed as it slid down slowly though haha. Ash returned it and sent out Tsutarja again, which was all he could send out, really. He then had Tsutarja use Vine Whip on Pururiru, which Dento was shocked to see! Even Iris yelled out to tell Ash to stop but it was too late. That physical hit activated Pururiru's Cursed Body ability and it affected Tsutarja and it look sick. Iris explained more about the ability to Ash, which was interesting to see; I didn't know she had prior knowledge of the ability's mechanisms. Anyway, Ash had Tsutarja use Leaf Storm but Pururiru blocked that easily with it's Protect. Pururiru countered with it's Night Shade attack after that. Tsutarja then countered that with Leaf Storm and it actually worked on Pururiru. Ash then had Tsutarja use it's Attract on Pururiru but it didn't work. Dento started speculating on what went wrong after that, though even I was confused. Tsutarja hit Pururiru with Leaf Blade again, but Cursed Body activated once more. Ash will never learn I guess haha. Pururiru then used Water Pulse and trapped Tsutarja in the sphere of water.

As the sphere of water burst, Tsutarja fell on the floor but got back up, only to reveal it was confused. I guess that was the after-effect of Water Pulse. That's a bit of bad luck right there. While Tsutarja was effectively unable to attack, Shooti took the chance and had Pururiru attack with it's Evil Eye. Geez, that animation was the creepiest thing ever though. Tsutarja wasn't able to handle it and she fainted. After that, Don George declared Shooti the winner of the battle. Ugh, why am I not surprised that Ash lost to Shooti, for the second time in a row? Shooti approached Ash to give him some "advice", though it sounded more like the usual brag that Shooti would spout. Shooti left shortly after that, looking all arrogant-like once more. I hate that guy. We got some movie music at that point which was really nice to hear in the anime again. As Ash was fuming over his loss, Dento and Iris arrived and Ash seemed to feel much better. He even seemed eager to get stronger and battle Shooti once more someday. I guess some things never really change. Well that's about all there was to this episode. It was an amazing battle since we got to see tons of new abilities activate, as well as new moves and new move animations in Best Wishes. I think it was pretty predictable that Ash would lose, but I'm still a little shocked over how powerful Shooti is compared to Ash, despite him having a pretty standard team on his hands. For the great battle and nice animation, this episode gets the honor of getting a 9/10, which is fantastic. I wasn't left too disappointed with this episode in the end, which just makes me feel that Best Wishes will keep getting better. Stay faaaabulous~

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Dento apparently knew Shooti from the Sanyou Gym since Shooti defeated him there a while before Ash arrived. I had always wondered if Dento had encountered Shooti before and it seems he had; kinda cool.
    Just one thing, when Dento mentioned Shooti he also mentions beating Boappu, and/or commented during the course of the battle about one of Shootie's techniques also did Boappu in; so correct me if I'm wrong, I won't hold it against you , but that would mean he fought Poddo, he still met Dento and Corn of course.

EDIT: I went back and checked, exactly 30 seconds after the 2nd half of the eyecatch ends, Dento does tell Iris, and he DOES mentions "with that Janobii, he beat Poddo's Boappu." So it's confirmed he evolved Tsutaja BEFORE his first gym challenge, sounds like smart technique/strategy to me <3
    Last edited by Banana Knight Arthur; 19th November 2010 at 4:13 AM. Reason: Double Checked ++

That's a good question. Why was Shooti even there. Well, maybe he was doing some town backtracking or something.

I realized it was really funny when they were talking on the C-Gear but then, "Oh snap he's right there. In the battle club."

I felt like strangling Ash after that battle! Granted his team is a little weaker than they usually are at this point in each region - I'm looking at you Pokabu! - but they difference in experiance between Ash and Shooti is just unforgivable. Pikachu did OK, but if it wern't for Attract Tsutaja would have got her scaley butt kicked! Sort it out Ash!
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

So Shooti has beaten Dento has he? After watching that last battle, I won't be surprised why. Also do we know the name of this new guy who saved TR from Jenny?

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    Also do we know the name of this new guy who saved TR from Jenny?
    Flint, if I remember correctly.

So Shooti has beaten Dento has he? After watching that last battle, I won't be surprised why. Also do we know the name of this new guy who saved TR from Jenny?
    Nope.....Shooti met Dento at the Sanyou Gym, but he fought
    Poddo and his Boappu with the already evolved Janobii at the time, for his badge.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post
    So it's perfectly realistic for Shooti, a beginner trainer who just barely started his journey, to already have two badges and at least two evolved Pokemon, in addition to having defeating a four region experienced trainer in curb stomp battles twice?
    Pretty much, Especially when it’s clear that Shooti is training his pokemon far more then Ash has been doing since he arrived in Isshu. After all Shooti has already gotten his second badge and had evolved his starter before his first gym fight while Ash hasn’t evolved any of his pokemon and barely had that two actual battles before this point. Experience doesn’t mean much if you don’t have the power to back it up. It would be one thing if they were both on equal footing and Ash lost, But So far Shooti is blazing ahead of him.

This *insert word for feces* would also be boring if Ash lost all the freaking time... oh wait that's exactly what's happening.
    It’s only been twice and the first fight wasn’t even all that fair. It’s far from the point where Ash is “losing all the time”. Heck, Ash didn’t manage a win against Paul until their last battle and their rivalry wasn’t really bad.

It means Ash is going to be the underdog throughout this region, constantly being upstaged and losing to Shooti, only for them to get the league where Ash pulls a DEM out of his *** and barely manages to win, cause that's totally original and nothing the writers have done in past regions. :V
    Far from it. They’ll likely have Ash and Shooti even out in their next battle. The reasons for Ash losing to Shooti has been shown clearly, The first time was because of Zekrom and the second time because Shooti has been training his team far more then Ash has been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield15 View Post
    That's a good question. Why was Shooti even there. Well, maybe he was doing some town backtracking or something.
    Well if he’s an intense trainer as he appears to be, Then I would think he would backtrack in order to train his pokemon more. Or maybe he was searching that area for another pokemon to catch/take a picture of.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Pretty much, Especially when it’s clear that Shooti is training his pokemon far more then Ash has been doing since he arrived in Isshu. After all Shooti has already gotten his second badge and had evolved his starter before his first gym fight while Ash hasn’t evolved any of his pokemon and barely had that two actual battles before this point.
    See that's what people are calling him out on. How the heck is he raising a powerhouse team of evolved Pokemon, has two badges, and even has time to backtrack to a previous town when Ash just BARELY got to this town? What is Ash walking backwards on his hands this whole time?

Experience doesn’t mean much if you don’t have the power to back it up. It would be one thing if they were both on equal footing and Ash lost, But So far Shooti is blazing ahead of him.
    But see that's the thing, Ash is supposed to be a four region experienced trainer who knows a lot about raising Pokemon, as proven by his 32 badges, so how is his team so weak compared to a complete newbie? It's completely inconsistent and that's what people are calling the writers out on.

It’s only been twice and the first fight wasn’t even all that fair.
    In the first fight Pikachu merely couldn't use electric attacks, he still had moves like Iron Tail and Quick Attack at his disposal. Ash could had worked around it. And I still call bull on a fresh starter Smugsnake OHKOing Pikachu, that was completely inexcusable.

It’s far from the point where Ash is “losing all the time”. Heck, Ash didn’t manage a win against Paul until their last battle and their rivalry wasn’t really bad.
    It's been 10 episodes and he's lost every battle he's been in aside from the mandatory gym battle. That's pathetic.

Far from it. They’ll likely have Ash and Shooti even out in their next battle. The reasons for Ash losing to Shooti has been shown clearly, The first time was because of Zekrom and the second time because Shooti has been training his team far more then Ash has been doing.
    You're giving the writers far too much credit. They love their "underdog rivalry" cliches and they'll have Ash get curb stomped on a regular basis by this guy.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Facts are facts...Ash will eventually either do better and still lose or/possibly win or tie/draw the next one.

Shooti was better prepared/experienced for THIS battle, as we all know in the long run, ASH has the most experience under his belt, 33 badges vs 2 badges.

Lets just enjoy it for was it was, an entertaining battle and leave it at that; patiently waiting for the next battle is all we can do.

I'm pretty sure he faced Pod (like he would in the games) I remember Dento speaking about Boappu. But yeah pretty much, he beat him.
    Edit: Ninja'd...

you ppl call shooti a freaking paul-clone when he's obviously a dento-wannabe...
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 19th November 2010 at 8:11 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I'm pretty sure he faced Pod (like he would in the games) I remember Dento speaking about Boappu. But yeah pretty much, he beat him.
    Edit: Ninja'd...

you ppl call shooti a freaking paul-clone when he's obviously a dento-wannabe...

4 hours earlier was a ninja move? lol.

but yeah ^this, WHY people think Shooti beat Dento is beyond me, I'm pretty sure my ears are functional and my Japanese is fluent enough to understand Shooti used Janobii to beat Poddo's Boappu.

See that's what people are calling him out on. How the heck is he raising a powerhouse team of evolved Pokemon, has two badges, and even has time to backtrack to a previous town when Ash just BARELY got to this town? What is Ash walking backwards on his hands this whole time?
    Well it may have to do with the fact that Shooti may had not stop by a hot spring resort, went to the lot of dreams after his first gym battle (for all we know that could be where he is backtracking to after beating his second gym), got something stolen by a couple of Pokemon, nor had to go after a giant Pokemon.

If you don't get what I am saying then what I am basicy saying is that during that time Ash was doing the above Shooti had the time to train and get far. Really I was hoping Ash would have had his second gym battle by now but of course some of those events slow him down.

This episode was good. I'm just disappointed with Ash's performance. He seriously needs to Oaked Pikachu for awhile to let it regain it full power. TR were actually cool in this episode.

i've been thinking about this for a while and feel that i should mention this now. i feel the people that are mad ash lost aren't taking to consideration that for some people this is their first generation of pokemon they know nothing about ash or his previous accomplishments as to the people that have been watching from the beginning. the writers make ash lose because it will show how he grows and develops as a person throughout the isshu region. im pretty sure it would be extremely boring for newcomers to always see ash win and not have any form of character development because it won't be needed because he's always winning. it doesn't really matter if he lose to anyone whether they are experienced or a beginner because ash is gonna grow and learn from his mistakes and change.

the reasons why ash lost:
    -Miju has only had one official battle although he won he is still kind of weak and its pretty self explanatory he was scared of battles before and he was a starter pokemon that the professor was supposed to give to a beginner trainer which shows it had no type of battle experience before ash.
    -Pokabu pretty much speaks for itself only knowing ember and tackle which is why it's previous trainer released it for being weak.
    -Mamepato has never been in an official battle so therefore never won a a battle. although it has pretty good attacks it needs more training.

with that being said ash only really has Pikachu and Tsutarja that can hold their own but they couldn't carry out the whole battle because they would eventually tire out and lose but at least they won before they lost so it's not like ash lost completely without putting up a fight.

Shooti obviously overshadows ash because he evolved his starter before the first gym. he has another evolved pokemon whether he caught it the way it is or as a mamepato it's still evolved. and his squid thingy (don't know how to spell it) is pretty impressive. basically all of Shotti's pokemon are pretty good. and he has two badges.

it may be like this now but it's not always gonna be this way ash is eventually gonna win. you can't rely on past season to judge what's gonna happen in future episodes things change.

so although Shooti is a beginner he obviously knows what he is doing and raising his pokemon right while on the other hand ash hasn't trained really at all. so if ash is gonna beat Shooti he is gonna have to start training. ash realizes what he has do to and he's gonna do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    4 hours earlier was a ninja move? lol.

but yeah ^this, WHY people think Shooti beat Dento is beyond me, I'm pretty sure my ears are functional and my Japanese is fluent enough to understand Shooti used Janobii to beat Poddo's Boappu.
    LOL yes 4 hours is a ninja move. (I was silly enough NOT to scroll up XDDD)
    I guess it's because Ash battled all three of them and Dento is the if should say "main" gym leader of that group. I dunno really but I find it kind of cool that he battled Pod like he's supposed to.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast