Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: A Rival Battle for Club Champ! (669)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post
    See that's what people are calling him out on. How the heck is he raising a powerhouse team of evolved Pokemon, has two badges, and even has time to backtrack to a previous town when Ash just BARELY got to this town? What is Ash walking backwards on his hands this whole time?
    Maybe Shooti didn't waste time meeting a new traveling companion, Saving a spa and spending the night at it, Running around a Battle Club for a Pokabu, Reuniting Makomo with her Musharna, Running after a wild Tsutarja, Befriending a Hihidaruma and friends, Or watching his friends battle and dealing with a Pendra. Maybe instead he spent the time training and heading straight for the next gym. It's not like Ash was attempting to move all that fast. He's been getting sidetracked by everything that comes his way.

But see that's the thing, Ash is supposed to be a four region experienced trainer who knows a lot about raising Pokemon, as proven by his 32 badges, so how is his team so weak compared to a complete newbie? It's completely inconsistent and that's what people are calling the writers out on.
    Or maybe it's the fact that Ash hasn't trained any of them aside from Pikachu? Maybe it's the fact that most of his Isshu pokemon have only a few moves? Or perhaps it's because Shooti actually used tactic and strategy when he was battling?

In the first fight Pikachu merely couldn't use electric attacks, he still had moves like Iron Tail and Quick Attack at his disposal. Ash could had worked around it. And I still call bull on a fresh starter Smugsnake OHKOing Pikachu, that was completely inexcusable.
    But Ash didn't know that Pikachu couldn't use an electric attacks til it was too late. And Ash was doing fine before then. As for the KO, Maybe Pikachu was still hurt from being shocked by Zekrom? We didn't see him getting any sort of healing afterward.

It's been 10 episodes and he's lost every battle he's been in aside from the mandatory gym battle. That's pathetic.
    Considering Ash hasn't had any battles aside from the ones with Shooti, Of course it's pathetic. You act like Ash has been battling a bunch of people. All things considered, Shooti has probably fought against many people considering he has fought in two gym battles and is known with the Battle Club.

You're giving the writers far too much credit. They love their "underdog rivalry" cliches and they'll have Ash get curb stomped on a regular basis by this guy.
    The writers are clearly doing something different this time around. They have shown exactly why Ash couldn't beat Shooti, Because aside from Pikachu and Tsutarja, None of his pokemon have any real sort of training. This is pretty much the first time they have had Ash lose for a reason beyond simply battling his rival.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Maybe Shooti didn't waste time meeting a new traveling companion, Saving a spa and spending the night at it, Running around a Battle Club for a Pokabu, Reuniting Makomo with her Musharna, Running after a wild Tsutarja, Befriending a Hihidaruma and friends, Or watching his friends battle and dealing with a Pendra. Maybe instead he spent the time training and heading straight for the next gym. It's not like Ash was attempting to move all that fast. He's been getting sidetracked by everything that comes his way.
    Stop making excuses for Ash. He still battled in those episode in 1 way or another and his pokemon grew in exp each time. Ash never rushes his journey but that isn't a factor in the battle. In fact, staying behind Shooti should mean Ash was talking the time to train his pokemon but we know what happened to that.

Or maybe it's the fact that Ash hasn't trained any of them aside from Pikachu? Maybe it's the fact that most of his Isshu pokemon have only a few moves? Or perhaps it's because Shooti actually used tactic and strategy when he was battling?
    Ash did train Mijimaru and Pokabu with the gym battles they were in. Tsutarja knows 4 moves, Mamepato and Mijumaru know 3 moves each and only Pokabu has less than 3 moves. Those move pools should have still been enough to beat Shooti. Yes Shooti used tactics in his battle and Ash didn't but again that is the fault of the writers for making the battle favor Shooti so heavily.

But Ash didn't know that Pikachu couldn't use an electric attacks til it was too late. And Ash was doing fine before then. As for the KO, Maybe Pikachu was still hurt from being shocked by Zekrom? We didn't see him getting any sort of healing afterward.
    You are just taking shots in the dark. If Pika was injured then Ash should have known better than to battle and remember it was Pika who said he was alright to Ash. After his Pikachu's Electric moves didn't work Ash should have stuck with his other moves for Pikachu and edge out a win but of course Grass Mixer did a OHKO on Pika.

Considering Ash hasn't had any battles aside from the ones with Shooti, Of course it's pathetic. You act like Ash has been battling a bunch of people. All things considered, Shooti has probably fought against many people considering he has fought in two gym battles and is known with the Battle Club.
    Shooti's journey is unknown but Ash has battled enough people over the 9 episodes with his new pokemon to get prepared for a match with Shooti.

The writers are clearly doing something different this time around. They have shown exactly why Ash couldn't beat Shooti, Because aside from Pikachu and Tsutarja, None of his pokemon have any real sort of training. This is pretty much the first time they have had Ash lose for a reason beyond simply battling his rival.
    I will honestly tell you that this is a false statement. Shooti's Pururiru is equal to Paul's Ursaring and Drapion and thats exactly happened in the episode. Paul lost 2 pokemon and swept Ash in his battle, Shooti lost 2 pokemon and swept Ash so the writers weren't trying anything new. Ash lost to his rival because they battled and for some reason the writers thought it would be a good idea to have Shooti sweep Ash.
    Ash could have beaten Shooti had the writers wanted him to but of course that didn't happen.

The writers don't give a ****, about Ash's previous accomplishments or techniques. All they are really concerned about is what prints money. If they have Ash like he was at the end of Sinnoh, or Hoenn at the beginning of every saga he would stomp people. Instead they want to inspire the new wave to 10 year old little kids with the underdog story. Then at the end the main rival, and Ash become buddies. Meh.

It's sad that Ash get's "nerfed" for these purposes, but it will continue to happen in the future for as long as this series continues. I mean what the helll happened to counter-shield, or some of the other various techniques Ash has used?

What, Ash got Top 2 in Isshu? Alright folks lets have him lose to a "new" cocky prick to make this new rivalry "tense." Sorry writers it doesn't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Stop making excuses for Ash. He still battled in those episode in 1 way or another and his pokemon grew in exp each time. Ash never rushes his journey but that isn't a factor in the battle. In fact, staying behind Shooti should mean Ash was talking the time to train his pokemon but we know what happened to that.
    We he have really went with a whole battle that much. Back in the old seasons Ash get most of his exp. from fighting Team Rocket about every episode but in this season he don't fight them as much so he haven't really train that much.

Shooti's journey is unknown but Ash has battled enough people over the 9 episodes with his new pokemon to get prepared for a match with Shooti.
    No he haven't as beside the few Team Rocket battles and Gym battle the other were wild Pokemon in which he wasn't even defeat. So really Shooti could have been battling more then Ash.

So I watched the episode again and there were two things I thought were funny.

-When Tsutarja went all Cursed Body-effect and Iris was screaming at him about it, Satoshi had the teardrop thing on his head and Dento was trying to calm her down. XD It's like Satoshi was thinking "Damn, she's loud."
    -I was trying to figure out why Satoshi told Tsutarja to use Leaf Blade again, but then I realized he was just trying to end it with one hit. I don't know, maybe from type advantage. Well, not like it did anything. Pururiru was all like "Lol, no."

All I have to say is, Shooti - for the win

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    The writers don't give a ****, about Ash's previous accomplishments or techniques. All they are really concerned about is what prints money. If they have Ash like he was at the end of Sinnoh, or Hoenn at the beginning of every saga he would stomp people. Instead they want to inspire the new wave to 10 year old little kids with the underdog story. Then at the end the main rival, and Ash become buddies. Meh.

It's sad that Ash get's "nerfed" for these purposes, but it will continue to happen in the future for as long as this series continues. I mean what the helll happened to counter-shield, or some of the other various techniques Ash has used?
    I couldn't agree more. I mean with Paul it was understandable since he was an experienced trainer, but for Ash to lose to a beginner is really disheartening for me. Oh well, I still can't say I didn't expect a bad loss.

The writers don't give a ****, about Ash's previous accomplishments or techniques. All they are really concerned about is what prints money.
    Well, of course they are. That's how a toyetic business that is game-focused must operate. Only caring about money to sell more games.
    Instead they want to inspire the new wave to 10 year old little kids with the underdog story. Then at the end the main rival, and Ash become buddies. Meh.
    It may be meh, but is it making the ratings ever drop from the top 10 every week thus giving tons of game promotion? No it isn't. And it probably won't change because of it.

I sometimes wonder if Pokemon was a toy-based anime instead of game-based (or maybe if they gave the writers a little more freedom), it might be able to be more variable.
    What, Ash got Top 2 in Isshu? Alright folks lets have him lose to a "new" cocky prick to make this new rivalry "tense." Sorry writers it doesn't work that way.
    Not for us. Works for the Japanese kids though plenty. And they are who matter. Also, I mean, Shooti seems only like a prick to Satoshi only. He seemed pretty normal to Dento and Don George. I could kinda understand, after all, to Shooti, Satoshi is that kid who doesn't leave you the hell alone about showing you his Pokemanz and you really wish he would go away.

Ash barely battled in any of those episodes and his team couldn't possibly have gained that much experience. Taking the time to train? On the contrary, Ash wasn't slowed down because he was training, He was slowed down because he was dealing with a bunch of other things. It's not about rushing but simply that while Ash was playing around, Shooti was likely training.

Ash did train Mijimaru and Pokabu with the gym battles they were in. Tsutarja knows 4 moves, Mamepato and Mijumaru know 3 moves each and only Pokabu has less than 3 moves. Those move pools should have still been enough to beat Shooti. Yes Shooti used tactics in his battle and Ash didn't but again that is the fault of the writers for making the battle favor Shooti so heavily.
    That's not actual training, Simply battling. Training is like what Ash did with Chimchar and Buizel or before the Sinnoh league. Taking the time to help his pokemon out. Ash hasn't done that. He has simply thrust them into battle. Apart from Pikachu and Tsutarja, His team did not have the right moves to counter Shooti's pokemon. Ash had no answer to dealing with the moves like Double Team and Evil Eye, Not to mention their abilities made them even tougher.

You are just taking shots in the dark. If Pika was injured then Ash should have known better than to battle and remember it was Pika who said he was alright to Ash. After his Pikachu's Electric moves didn't work Ash should have stuck with his other moves for Pikachu and edge out a win but of course Grass Mixer did a OHKO on Pika.
    True I may just be making an assumption, But it still could be possible. As for Pikachu saying it was alright, Considering he didn't realize he couldn't use electric attacks, My point is still possible. It was too late after attempting to use so many electric attacks to use anything else.

Ash hasn't battled anyone apart from the gym leaders and Shooti. He has won and lose the same amount of battles before this one. How the heck was he prepared?

I will honestly tell you that this is a false statement. Shooti's Pururiru is equal to Paul's Ursaring and Drapion and thats exactly happened in the episode. Paul lost 2 pokemon and swept Ash in his battle, Shooti lost 2 pokemon and swept Ash so the writers weren't trying anything new. Ash lost to his rival because they battled and for some reason the writers thought it would be a good idea to have Shooti sweep Ash.
    Ash could have beaten Shooti had the writers wanted him to but of course that didn't happen.
    It's far different. Shooti was sweeping from the very beginning with his Hatooboo because of it's ability. The same with Pururiru. Ash lost because he had no way of countering any of Shooti's pokemon or their abilities. Unless they changed Shooti's whole team, Ash winning would have been silly.

The writers made Ash totally suck in this episode. Three Pokémno taken down in a single hit. Ash should have just started out with Pikachu.

Pokabu looked freaking adorable when it was just sitting on the ground after losing!
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Ash barely battled in any of those episodes and his team couldn't possibly have gained that much experience. Taking the time to train? On the contrary, Ash wasn't slowed down because he was training, He was slowed down because he was dealing with a bunch of other things. It's not about rushing but simply that while Ash was playing around, Shooti was likely training.
    There isn't a set amount of Exp Ash's pokemon need to battle. Also like I said, Ash didn't train but he could have.

That's not actual training, Simply battling. Training is like what Ash did with Chimchar and Buizel or before the Sinnoh league. Taking the time to help his pokemon out. Ash hasn't done that. He has simply thrust them into battle. Apart from Pikachu and Tsutarja, His team did not have the right moves to counter Shooti's pokemon. Ash had no answer to dealing with the moves like Double Team and Evil Eye, Not to mention their abilities made them even tougher.
    No Mijumaru learned to trust Ash and won the battle because he followed Ash's direction after being a scardy-pokemon. Pokabu also battled for the first time and won and gained exp from the battle. You're right Ash hasn't helped his pokemon with training, but what do you mean the right moves to deal with the attacks? Evil eye was the only real trouble but even then if any of Ash's other pokemon survived then they could use their special attacks to beat Pururiru.

True I may just be making an assumption, But it still could be possible. As for Pikachu saying it was alright, Considering he didn't realize he couldn't use electric attacks, My point is still possible. It was too late after attempting to use so many electric attacks to use anything else.
    No because a quick attack could have easily dodged the Grass Mixer but of course it was a OHKO.

Ash hasn't battled anyone apart from the gym leaders and Shooti. He has won and lose the same amount of battles before this one. How the heck was he prepared?
    He has 5 pokemon and they all at least had 1 battle each excluding Pika and that 1 battle should have been enough to get ready for the battle with Shooti. Note that nobody can be completely prepared for a battle unless the person knows every single pokemon the opponent will use and the moves the pokemon has which Ash did not know nor did Shooti. Shooti isn't that ahead of Ash and their pokemon are equal but the writers caused Ash to lose horribly for no reason.

It's far different. Shooti was sweeping from the very beginning with his Hatooboo because of it's ability. The same with Pururiru. Ash lost because he had no way of countering any of Shooti's pokemon or their abilities. Unless they changed Shooti's whole team, Ash winning would have been silly.
    Umm yeah thats like the only difference. He had plenty of counters for Shooti's pokemon but he didn't use them. Ash's winning would have made perfect sense as long as he had 1 pokemon left and not more than that and it was a edged out win. His loss would have been even better if it was down to 1 on 1 and Shooti edged out a win but of course it was complete dominance.

Also like I said, Ash didn't train but he could have.
    But he didn't. Therefore he lost.
    and that 1 battle should have been enough to get ready for the battle with Shooti.
    No it's not. Especially for Mamepato who had one and Pokabu who still only has two attacks
    Shooti isn't that ahead of Ash and their pokemon are equal
    I'm not sure how having a full team and two badges with one (maybe two) evolved Pokemon isn't ahead of Satoshi's semi-team, one badge, no evolved Pokemon current situation in every way but clearly there's something I'm missing here. No wait, I'm not. He's ahead of Satoshi currently.
    Last edited by garfield15; 21st November 2010 at 2:22 AM.

But he didn't. Therefore he lost.
    Ash didn't lose because he didn't train. Its because the writers made it that way.

No it's not. Especially for Mamepato who had one and Pokabu who still only has two attacks
    Thats a weak excuse and you are taking parts of my statements not the whole. Ember is plenty to beat Jabody and Pokabu's tackle isn't the weakest. Mamepato's aircutter is also great to beat Jabody and it has the exp from battling Jessie's Koromori.

I'm not sure how having a full team and two badges with one (maybe two) evolved Pokemon isn't ahead of Satoshi's semi-team, one badge, no evolved Pokemon current situation in every way but clearly there's something I'm missing here. No wait, I'm not. He's ahead of Satoshi currently.
    Notice that I said "isn't that ahead of Ash" so no duh Shooti is ahead of Ash. So yeah you missed something indeed.

Their pokemon were equal because they both had 5 to use and each pokemon could have beaten the other with the exception of the other 2 Shooti had in reserve. If Ash was smart and sent Pika out, he could have saved Pokabu for Jabody or Mamepato. As for Pururiru, a special attack would have finished it off and we could have seen the other 2 pokemon Shooti has in the episode with 1 being a complete mystery.

I see many people say Ash lost because he just got his Pokemon. This isn't a good reason to lose since Shooti just got his too and is a new trainer. Besides Ash had Pikachu, who is supposed to be really strong after 13 generations (in which he beat some legendaries), then loses in this battle.

I think it's odd Ash lost, but Shooti doesn't seem like a bad person so I don't mind him winning. I do hope Ash will win in the end.

I hope Ash will bring out his Kanto team to beat Shooti, because Shooti has been hating on Kanto. Maybe some massive sweeping from Charizard and Snorlax. Ash needs a massive win against Shooti to make up for losing badly to a new trainer.
    Last edited by Drohn; 21st November 2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Grammar Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Elekible-Kid View Post
    Nope.....Shooti met Dento at the Sanyou Gym, but he fought
    Poddo and his Boappu with the already evolved Janobii at the time, for his badge.
    Wait, you've lost me. If trainers only have to battle one of the three brothers. Why did Ash battle all three?
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSilverMstr411 View Post
    Wait, you've lost me. If trainers only have to battle one of the three brothers. Why did Ash battle all three?
    Because when they asked Ash which one he wanted to battle Ash said he wanted to fight all three of them. (Dento even remark on how he was the frist trainer to ask to battle all three.)
    Last edited by Kirby2000; 21st November 2010 at 3:49 PM.

There isn't a set amount of Exp Ash's pokemon need to battle. Also like I said, Ash didn't train but he could have.
    There's no set amount of experience but multiple battles do aid in actually developing how the pokemon deals with their opponent and their tactics. And it has been shown that to learn new moves some pokemOn have to train over and over again to learn them. Not really. Had Ash trained off screen, That likely would have been mentioned by either Iris or Dento. Not to mention Ash has a pretty carefree way of doing things. He didn't train in Sinnoh until he had to.

No Mijumaru learned to trust Ash and won the battle because he followed Ash's direction after being a scardy-pokemon. Pokabu also battled for the first time and won and gained exp from the battle. You're right Ash hasn't helped his pokemon with training, but what do you mean the right moves to deal with the attacks? Evil eye was the only real trouble but even then if any of Ash's other pokemon survived then they could use their special attacks to beat Pururiru.
    Mijumaru already trusted Ash before he fought against the gym and Pokabu was somewhat lucky in his win. Um, What about the combo of Aerial Ace and Super Luck, Or using Double Team to hid the real Hatooboo and Cheer Up to raise his attack, Or the fact that all of Shooti's pokemon were fast enough to dodge the majority of their attacks, Or using Water Pulse to cause confusion and Curse Body to stop attacks? Ash had no answer to any of those. In fact Ash had to resort to unconventional means to achieve his two wins.

No because a quick attack could have easily dodged the Grass Mixer but of course it was a OHKO.
    Except that Pikachu was in no position to use Quick Attack as he had just finished Iron Tail.

He has 5 pokemon and they all at least had 1 battle each excluding Pika and that 1 battle should have been enough to get ready for the battle with Shooti. Note that nobody can be completely prepared for a battle unless the person knows every single pokemon the opponent will use and the moves the pokemon has which Ash did not know nor did Shooti. Shooti isn't that ahead of Ash and their pokemon are equal but the writers caused Ash to lose horribly for no reason.
    How would a single battle get them ready to fight against a team that has had multiple battles? Ash had no tactic other then having them simply attack, Which was ineffective against pokemon that were faster and were out of range of their attacks.

Umm yeah thats like the only difference. He had plenty of counters for Shooti's pokemon but he didn't use them. Ash's winning would have made perfect sense as long as he had 1 pokemon left and not more than that and it was a edged out win. His loss would have been even better if it was down to 1 on 1 and Shooti edged out a win but of course it was complete dominance.
    What counters? No Ash winning wouldn't have made sense. Shooti employed a combination of his pokemon's ability along with their attacks and had evolved at least two of his pokemon in the time frame of Ash catching his whole team. Unless they had given Shooti a team similar in style to Ash's and had him simply attack all out like Ash, Then it would be understandable for Ash to win or easily tie. But Ash doing so against someone employing actual tactics when he's not doing the same would be ridiculous.

I don't see why it's so unbelievable that Shooti won? He used wonderful tactics like combining his pokemon's abilities with their attacks to raise the amount of damage they did.

Their pokemon were equal because they both had 5 to use and each pokemon could have beaten the other with the exception of the other 2 Shooti had in reserve. If Ash was smart and sent Pika out, he could have saved Pokabu for Jabody or Mamepato. As for Pururiru, a special attack would have finished it off and we could have seen the other 2 pokemon Shooti has in the episode with 1 being a complete mystery.
    Actually no, Pikachu wouldn't have won. He was only able to achieve a win against Hatooboo because Ash realize the pattern to it's attack. Hatooboo had no trouble dodging Thunderbolt. The same for Jabovy. He had no trouble dodging Pikachu's attack, So he likely wouldn't have trouble against Pokabu.
    Last edited by TsukiMirage; 21st November 2010 at 6:17 PM.

I don't see why you are arguing about this. We all know how the primary rivals are handled in this show in terms of the main characters. Ash didn't beat Gary until the Johto League and Paul until the Sinnoh League, May didn't beat Drew until BF, and Dawn never beat Zoey. They are going to do the same stuff with Shooti, and then do the same thing for future generations to come.

Whatever, I'm sticking with the fact that Ash could have beaten Shooti or at least took out more of his pokemon besides just 2 of them.

Of course Ash could've if he had actually done more then outright attack or at least applied some more tactics. Or by having Shooti not use any tactics or pokemon that he did. But the way it did happen, With the way they did act, It's reasonable that Shooti was able to win.
    Last edited by TsukiMirage; 22nd November 2010 at 3:48 AM.

What is unreasonable is the margin by which Shooti won especially as a trainer with less exp compared to Ash. As added insult, Shooti states he won't battle a trainer who doesn't know the basics after I read the bulbapedia synopsis of the episode after I watched it. I know BW is supposed to be a reboot but if it was one then why have Ash in it? Looking back at the past episodes, Ash was a complete novice. He forgot basic things like weakening pokemon to capture them and other things as well.

If BW is going to be more like these episodes then I must say I'm done with the pokemon series. I could care less about Ash losing battles as long as the opponent was his equal but Shooti being a beginner trainer hardly fits the bill. My conclusion is that episode 669 of the pokemon series is one of Ash's low points and the low point of the series as a whole. Well enough of my ranting and I'm sorry to anyone who disagrees with me but thats how it is for me.

You should stop complaining and use some logic for once lol >.>

You should stop complaining and use some logic for once lol >.>
    lol Well most people complain once in a while and I just happened to complain this time. It was illogical for Shooti to win like he did but I rest my case.

I mean I was intially disappointed with Ash's loss. But then you notice, when has Ash ever trained these pokemon? We've seen more training with Iris and Dent than with Ash. What shocked me was that Tsutarja, the most recently captured. Managed to do the best out of his new team. I mean Mijumaru, Pokabu, and Mamepato showed their current main attack then got nailed in 2 seconds. Although Ash rarely trains the bird and manages to evolve it via PokeRinger. This episode really just showed how strong Tsutarja was able to take down it's evolved form and last longer than Ash's other pokemon. I see a full evolved grass starter.
    If you are going to try and use logic to prove that Experienced vs. Inexperienced = Ash win, then try seperating video game mechanics with anime mechanics. Shooti won off a diverse moveset, ability to dodge, and full use of abilities, with a dash of luck. If Mijumaru and Pokabu knew more moves or learned to aim better and Mamepato should know how to move around in the air, the battle would definetly resulted differently or come close.

It's a Forretress, what else needs to be said?
    A video of my friend attemping to jump a fence

If you are going to try and use logic to prove that Experienced vs. Inexperienced = Ash win, then try seperating video game mechanics with anime mechanics. Shooti won off a diverse moveset, ability to dodge, and full use of abilities, with a dash of luck. If Mijumaru and Pokabu knew more moves or learned to aim better and Mamepato should know how to move around in the air, the battle would definetly resulted differently or come close.
    If we go by logic then Pikachu may as well have OHKOed all of Shooti's pokemon due to the level difference in anime and game wise lol. Most of the battles were over before some of the other move Ash's pokemon had could be used.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast