Thread: SK's Future White Team

Default SK's Future White Team

Here is my planned team for Pokémon White. I know I have a bug weakness, so any help is appreciated. No Dream World abilities, please.

Smuglord (Overgrow) @Muscle Band
    Adamant (A+, SP.A-)
    -Leaf Blade
    -Coil
    -Dragon Tail
    -Strength/Return
    Smuglord is a physical sweeper. Boost up with coil, then strike with Leaf Blade and Return/Strength (how many strength boulders are in Isshu?) Dragon Tail is for coverage and to remove troublesome opponents.

Hiyakkie (Gluttony) @Wacan Berry/Rechargeable Battery
    Careful (SP.D+, SP.A-)
    -Waterfall
    -Recycle
    -Natural Gift/Crunch
    -Brick Break
    The water monkey is also a physical sweeper. Recycle/Natural Gift gives me infinite electric attacks, though Recycle/Rechargeable Battery boost my SP.A whenever I’m hit with electricity.

Musharna (Synchronize) @Wise Glasses
    Relaxed (D+, Speed-)
    -Psychic/Shadow Ball
    -Yawn
    -Dream Eater
    -Trick Room
    My Musharna, rock turtle, and rock crab are all slow enough to take advantage of Trick Room. Yawn/Dream Eater is for healing, or just giving opponents a nap.

Doredia (Own Tempo) @Miracle Seed
    Bold (D+, A-)
    -Butterfly Dance
    -Petal Dance
    -Teeter Dance
    -Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
    Doredia boosts with Butterfly Dance, then Petal Dances with no confusion. Teeter Dance is to annoy others. HP fire/ice is for coverage.

Abagoura (Solid Rock) @Expert Belt
    Sassy (SP.D+, Speed -)
    -Aqua Jet
    -Surf
    -Earthquake
    -Knock Down
    Surf is for traveling and Stab, Knock Down is for flyers and bugs, and works well with Earthquake. Aqua Jet is for speed when Trick Room isn’t up.

Iwaparesu (Shell Armor) @leftovers
    Adamant (A+, SP.A-)
    -Aerial Ace
    -Rock Polish
    -Rock Slide
    -X-Scissor
    X-Scissor and Rock Slide are Stab, and Aerial Ace is for grass types. Rock Polish is used when Trick Room isn’t set up.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Kirby View Post
    Here is my planned team for Pokémon White. I know I have a bug weakness, so any help is appreciated. No Dream World abilities, please.

Smuglord (Overgrow) @Muscle Band
    Adamant (A+, SP.A-)
    -Leaf Blade
    -Coil
    -Dragon Tail
    -Leech Seed
    Smuglord is a physical sweeper. Boost up with coil, then strike with Leaf Blade and Return/Strength (how many strength boulders are in Isshu?) Dragon Tail is for coverage and to remove troublesome opponents.

The only HM you need to progress in the story is Cut for the lot o' dreams. Strength boulders are here and there for items and a trainer or two so you don't constantly need it. Dragon Tail provides all the coverage you need so you can use leech Seed to keep you healthy during the sweep.

Hiyakkie (Gluttony) @
    Timid (SPd+, Atk-)
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Grass Knot
    -Nasty Plot
    The water monkey is also a physical sweeper. Recycle/Natural Gift gives me infinite electric attacks, though Recycle/Rechargeable Battery boost my SP.A whenever I’m hit with electricity.

Hiyakkie is better special-based IMO.

Musharna (Synchronize) @Wise Glasses
    Relaxed (D+, Speed-)
    -Psychic
    -Yawn
    -Shadow Ball
    -Trick Room
    My Musharna, rock turtle, and rock crab are all slow enough to take advantage of Trick Room.

Dream Eater is too unreliable and is only marginally more powerful than Psychic. Shadow Ball for pesky ghost and coverage. The rest is fine I suppose.

Doredia (Own Tempo) @Miracle Seed
    Bold (D+, A-)
    -Butterfly Dance
    -Petal Dance
    -Leech Seed
    -Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
    Doredia boosts with Butterfly Dance, then Petal Dances with no confusion. Teeter Dance is to annoy others. HP fire/ice is for coverage.

Teeter Dance aint worth it, more leeching yay!

Abagoura (Solid Rock) @Expert Belt
    Sassy (SP.D+, Speed -)
    -Aqua Jet
    -Curse
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    Surf is for traveling and Stab, Knock Down is for flyers and bugs, and works well with Earthquake. Aqua Jet is for speed when Trick Room isn’t up.

Priority isn't affected by trick room. You only Surf in the underground water hole, route 17, 18 and Sazanami town I think. Curse foor more Trick rooming and Rock Slide as knock down hurts the trick room.

Iwaparesu (Shell Armor) @leftovers
    Adamant (A+, SP.A-)
    -Rock Polish
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -X-Scissor
    X-Scissor and Rock Slide are Stab, and Aerial Ace is for grass types. Rock Polish is used when Trick Room isn’t set up.

You're not grass weak so Earthquake for good ol' Quakeslide coverage.
    Doredia seems a bit redundant next to Jalorda, to combat that bug weakness I advise putting in a fire type. Trick Room has a niche potential, I've never used it in-game however and am not sure of how effective it is. I have a hunch it's bad for only three slow pokemon, one knowing priority anyway and the other boosting it's speed with RP. Energy Ball could be used on Munsharna over Trick Room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Aboraga@Leftovers
    Impish
    -Earthquake
    -Aqua Jet
    -Curse
    -Rock Slide
    Your nature is fine but impish, adamant would be better.

Thank you both for helping me. I failed to realize how useful Curse is to Abagoura, with or without Trick Room. I also had no idea how unplot necessary HMs are. With the water monkey, I was trying to take advantage of her ability, though recycle isn't as good a gimmick ingame I suppose. I'll post my team changes after I get a few more reviews, to see the oppinion of other raters.

As for Doredia, she is pretty redundant. I chose her because of her cute design (don't look at me like that >_>). Though to deal with my bug problem, I have a solution: Say Bon Jour to Lumiere!

Ranpuraa (Flame Body) @Evolution Stone
    Quiet (SP.A+, Speed-) or Modest (SP.A+, A-)
    -Evil Eye
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Calm Mind
    -Bursting Flames

“You crazy puffball, how dare you use an unevolved Pokémon when everyone loves Shandera!” I know what you’re saying, but every game I seem to have an unevolved, weak Pokémon on my team (Chatot in Pearl, Togetic & Meowth in SS, none on Platinum actually, Skitty in Emerald, ect.). Plus, I don’t like Shandera’s design. Don’t worry, I put some thought into this.

Bursting Flame is STAB and deals with bugs. Will-o-Wisp annoys opponents and helps me, plus works well with Evil Eye. Calm Mind boost my nice SP.A and mediocre SP.D. Evolution Stone boost my mediocre defenses. Quiet is for Trick Room support, otherwise I’ll use Modest.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

'You crazy puffball, how dare you use an unevolved pokemon when everyone loves Shanderra!'
    Ahem.
    Flamethrower over Bursting Flame. The only pro it has over Flamethrower is hitting multiple opponents, even so it is rare to battle them. Definitely Modest too, your not thaaat slow with Quiet and neither will you be very fast with Timid or something. Meh, average speed second stage pokemon tend to be stuck speed-wise.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 19th November 2010 at 6:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.