Thread: Fossil Sandstrorm

Lightbulb Fossil Sandstrorm

So I randomly came up with the idea of fossils using sandstorm, so please check it out and give improvements!

Archeos
    (Faint Hearted)
    + Life Orb
    Adamant nature
    252 Atk/ 525 Speed/ 4 SPDef

-Roost
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Tail

Archeosweeper. Roost for healing because of the Life Orb, Rock Slide and Earthquake for Physical sweeping and coverage, and Dragon Tail to get rid of those pesky annoyances.

Abagoura
    (Solid Rock)
    + Leftovers
    Relaxed nature
    184 Def/ 224 HP/ 100 SPDef

-Aqua Tail
    -Rock Slide
    -Sandstorm
    -Curse

Abagourse.One of the stallers. Aqua Tail and Rock Slide for STAB (Surf mainly to get rid of any rock or grounds that come), Sandstorm b/c it's a Sandstorm team, Curse to boost defences, and Leftovers for steady HP gain. The odd EV's are for a focus on Def, but not to be weak in SpDef.

Bastiodon
    (Soundproof)
    + Smooth Rock
    Quiet nature
    252 Def/ 252 HP/ 4 SpAtk

- Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Sandstorm
    - Curse

Bastiannoying. Curse for Def and Atk. Earthquake and Stone Edge for coverage. Sandstorm for sand. Yeah, that's it.

Cradily
    (Suction Cups)
    + Power Herb
    Naughty Nature
    252 Atk/ 252Speed/ 4SpAtk

- Solarbeam
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Rock Polish
    - Earthquake

Killadily. Another mainly physical sweeper. Solarbeam + Power Herb = Beastly STAB (So it doesn't need to be Physical), Stone Edge and Earthquake for coverage, and Rock Polish because CRADILY IS FREAKING SLOW AND NEEDS IT!

Goruugu
    (No Guard)
    + Life Orb
    Adamant nature
    252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 SpDef

- Dynamicpunch
    - Heavy Bomber
    - Stone Edge
    - Shadow Punch

Gore-ugu. Another Physical Sweeper? Yeah, at least it's not as slow as Cradily. Dynamicpunch + No Guard = Another Beastly move! The other moves are for coverage.

Hippowdon
    (Sand Stream)
    + Choice Band
    Impish nature
    252 HP/ 252 Speed/ 4 Atk

- Roar
    - Toxic
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch

Hipp-ouch, that hurt! First pokemon in battle to make a Sandstorm, Poison, and switch. Anyone who opposes shall feel his Earthquake or Crunch.

Also, a mixed sweeper to switch out whenever I want to (Because I love it ) :

Nattorei
    (Steel Thorns)
    + Life Orb
    Lonely nature
    252 ATK/ 252 SpAtk/ 4Speed

- Payback
    - Power Whip
    - Flash Cannon
    - Hidden Power (Ground)

Nattowrath. Coverage, slowness, and coverage. Not much more to say here.

Thanks to everyone who does help, and thanks for even looking at this newbie's thread. Now get helping!

Cradily
    (Storm Drain)
    +Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    252 HP/ 116 Def/ 140 SpDef

-Energy Ball/Seed Bomb
    -Recover
    -Stockpile/Swords Dance
    -Ancientpower/Stone Edge

Killadily. Another mainly physical sweeper. Solarbeam + Power Herb = Beastly STAB (So it doesn't need to be Physical), Stone Edge and Earthquake for coverage, and Rock Polish because CRADILY IS FREAKING SLOW AND NEEDS IT

Solarbeam's power is weakened in a sandstorm, so this is a BAD idea.

Cradily can come in on all of the water attacks aimed at your rock based team with Storm Drain and raise its special attack for free. Personally, I would use Cradily as more of a supporter/wall/staller but there are two moves listed for more coverage. Also, if physical attacks are more appealing, a swords dancing set could be substituted because Cradily doesn't get a reliable way of raising its SpAtk
    That was just the first blatant problem I saw. Hope that helps!

hppowdon doesnt come from fossils
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

Hi.

You're better off dropping the Life Orb on your already fragile (even with Roost to back you up) Archeos, and using no item at all while running Acrobat in the 4th moveslot. I don't get all the hype over Dragon Claw when you can have Acrobat instead, a move which hits over twice as hard as Dragon Claw (which iirc has 80 Base Power against Acrobat's 165). It's not like you need Dragon Claw's coverage anyway, you have QuakeEdge to handle that. Bronzong will be your only real issue, but Dragon Claw can't handle that anyway.

In all honesty, I don't see why you're bothering to run Sandstorm on any of your team members when you have Hippowdon to get it set up permanently for you. For extra insurance, you could digress away from your fossil theme slightly (it's not like you were following it strictly anyway), and replace something for Tyranitar. Cradily can go at first glance, since DDTar will outclass it. You will lose the 'mixed' idea, but as mentioned, Solarbeam sucks in Sandstorm anyway.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    • Adamant Nature
    • 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Crunch
    - Rock Slide
    - Dragon Dance

That's all I have time for now, I have to get off. I'll finish this later, assuming you reply to the thread. Hope it helps.

First off, is this strictly in-game? Because I tend to go AOA (all-out attack) for in-game only with very little strategy. If you intend to battle with friends, then take our suggestions however you may want to:

Quote Originally Posted by turtleking280 View Post
    Archeos
    (Faint Hearted)
    + Sky Jewel
    Adamant nature/Jolly
    252 Atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 SPDef

-Roost
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Acrobat

Archeosweeper. Roost for healing because of the Life Orb, Rock Slide and Earthquake for Physical sweeping and coverage, and Dragon Tail to get rid of those pesky annoyances.

This thing cannot afford to take a hit! Dragon Tail has negative priority, meaning it will go last more often than not. Acrobat will take care of pretty much anything Quake/Slide cannot. The Sky Jewel will boost Acrobat's power, and because it gets used up that too will boost Acrobat's power.

This thing has a lot of power, so run Jolly to make sure it does go first. I don't like Roost on Archeos, but I can't think of anything else...Claw Sharpen perhaps?

Nattorei
    (Steel Thorns)
    + Life Orb/Rugged Helmet
    Brave/Sassy nature
    252 ATK/ 252 HP/ 4 Sp Def (?)

- Claw Sharpen/Curse
    - Power Whip/Gyro Ball
    - Spikes
    - Leech Seed

Nattowrath. Coverage, slowness, and coverage. Not much more to say here.

Nattorei's stats scream wall or annoyer (or something like that). I suck with EV's, so someone else can help with that. But basically the lower your speed gets, the more powerful Gyro Ball gets. If you run Gyro Ball use Curse. If you run Power Whip, use Claw Sharpen. Get Spikes and Leech Seed from Roselia or Cacturne.

That's it for now. BBL
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Yeah thanks. This is also mainly for friends. I have no honest idea why I made Nattorei a sweeper. P:

Try Metal Burst on Bastidiodon. It works wonders, especially with the new and improved Sturdy.

Bastiodon@Leftovers
    Careful / Sturdy
    252Sp.D / 192Hp / 66Atk
    -Metal Burst
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Curse
    lil' ball of spheal.