Thought if I beat the E4 in the originals 50 times, I'd get a Mew. Massive waste of time.
I saved all the time. Literally. After pretty much every two or three steps I made, I saved the game. Twice. Three times. Four times. And more. Just to make sure I wouldn't lose anything if I rebooted the game.
Ah, the things you do as a kid...
natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!
I knew all the type matchup, even the more strange and uncommon ones. I knew what moves were bad, no matter how good they looked. I knew about shinies from the start. I knew every pokemon's types, it evolutionary relatives, and how to evolve it. I didn't just stick with STAb moves. I knew how every move and item worked. I never listened to the anime if it didn't seem to fit. I didn't listen to any rumors. I trained my pokemon as evenly as possible.
But, I knew nothing, and now know barely anything, about IV's, EV's, and anything related to such.
- I used to try to avoid trainers because I didn't know that was what the game was about. When I came back to the same place after the E4, I found myself battling something like a level 12 gastly with my level 80 starter.
- Also, I used to only put stab moves on my pokemon unless they hadn't learnt enough moves. If a grass pokemon knew 3 grass moves and one water move and wanted to learn another grass move, I would delete the water move in favour of the grass move.
Last edited by AKRy100; 1st December 2010 at 9:15 PM.
My first Pokemon game was Gold version, and I was only 10, so I made a lot of dumb mistakes.
1. I made a lot of the one-of-a-kind Pokemon faint. Sudowoodo, Red Gyarados, etc.
2. I used a Master Ball on a Rhyhorn because I thought I could get another one.
3. I only trained my starter, Feraligatr.
4. I thought moves that did not do direct damage were pointless.
5. I thought the locked entrance to the underground cycling road in Kanto (the one going under Saffron City) was a house you unlocked with a key. In the house, you could catch the other two Johto starters. No idea where I came up with this.
6. I wasn't even aware of Celebi's existence until about a year or more later.
ah the fun and stupid times we had as a kid. im glad a lot of people are posting all these stupid things that they've done that we can now all look back on and laugh about it.
another thing i just remembered that i did was when i played my first pokemon game which was gold, i think i was about 7. i dont know why i never got red/blue but oh well.
but anyway i started a new game, walked out into the town and just walked around there for probably half an hour without a clue on what to do. then later i asked my neighbour what to do and when he said that you walk out of the town...well i felt really stupid.
I once trained a physical sweeping Ledian to level 42, before I realised how stupid it was.
I have left Serebii for greener pastures. These pastures, to be specific.
I use to believe Marrils name was Pikablu
-credit for team pose, and userbar goes to Gladeshadow-
I thought every attack could hit every time in the games.
I pretty much didn't know that attacks had accuracies.
My top favorites
Claimed by me!
I thought Mewtwo was Mew's father...and then I saw the movie and still didn't get it.
My FC: 4699-5540-2477
I used to only train my starter
I used to think that healing at a pokemon center many times in a row gave it more HP
I didn't know that when you bred pokemon the pokemon species was the species of the mother (I thought if you bred two compatible but different species it was random which species)
I thought you could go to the moon in Ruby and Sapphire when the space station's successful launch number was 100. I even checked everyday, until it went over 100 I really wanted deoxys.
FC: 5043 1366 9389
I claimed Deoxys, and serebiiforums is my homepage. Good luck claiming it.
but yes...i believed the internet too many times back in the days.
I use to believe moving the truck you had to surf to in R/B/Y triggered an encounter with mew.
-credit for team pose, and userbar goes to Gladeshadow-
ah. i only thought that stats lowering moves are useless, i always went for power moves!
the red hair rival dude in 2nd gen games, i thought i must not edit his name when the police man talked to me so his name was ??? but that name was kind of cool lol.
3DS FC: 2878 9875 2043, consists of Shuppet, Phantump and Dusclops.
Another is 2981 9377 4651, and consists of Octillery, Poliwhirl and Gyarados.
I am online in this forum frequently for friend safari hunting only. My trainer name is either Chestnut or Vandread.
woopee. was waiting for one of these kind of topics.
1. when i had my ruby, i thought special attack (sp atk), special defence (sp dfc) didnt mean nothing, since i didnt understand the sp. so, i just released every pokemon with their highest stat being sp attack/defence. i only kept the ones with defence and attack. -__-
2. also on ruby, remember that trick house, right above slateport city? yeah, well, i couldnt get past it. i got very mad, so i decided to see if i can catch a lot of pokemon to make an army, then have them destroy everyone inside. there is a ton of minun and plusle to the right of it, so i caught about 50 each. yeah..then i realized i could only have 6 in my party.
3. on diamond, i had no idea how to get to snowpoint city. i thought that one of those rock-climb walls would get me there, but noo. i finally decided to try one of the entrances to mount coronet, and thankfully it led to snowpoint. arghh. stupid rock climb walls.
well, thats all the experiences that i could think of right now lol
When in doubt, pinky out!
these final days til' heartgold/soulsilver come out will be devastating.......
I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)
All credit for the amazing team pose goes to Gladeshadow! Thanks!
I used to go through the list of Pokemon and just plan my future team around the ones I wanted the most. The list got to be about 60-ish (1st Gen) before I read that trainers could only have 6 Pokemon...
Lol, during my first playthrough of Emerald I thought Wally and Wallace were the same person.
That there was a glitch in R/B where you could get Togepi in Mt. Moon (Can't remember exactly what i was supposed to do, but i spent an hour or so trying it)
Before the name Ho-oh was revealed in English my friend told me and my other friends that it's name was Perokajalamara :/ yeah i know... weird then it turned in to Horu/Huroo (which i still think is better than Ho-oh XD)
FC: 4356-0274-2119FS: Elec - Emolga, Pikachu, Dedenne
I tried to evolve Pokemon that level up by using stones!