Friend Safari:Dragonite made by Equal-to-Heaven
PM me to get my list of Pokémon I can breed with 5-6 IV's
Thought if I beat the E4 in the originals 50 times, I'd get a Mew. Massive waste of time.
I saved all the time. Literally. After pretty much every two or three steps I made, I saved the game. Twice. Three times. Four times. And more. Just to make sure I wouldn't lose anything if I rebooted the game.
Ah, the things you do as a kid...
natie respect Takahashi Meijin. He is Champion. He can push a button continuously no less than 16 times in 1 second. It's sooooooooooooo great!!
I knew all the type matchup, even the more strange and uncommon ones. I knew what moves were bad, no matter how good they looked. I knew about shinies from the start. I knew every pokemon's types, it evolutionary relatives, and how to evolve it. I didn't just stick with STAb moves. I knew how every move and item worked. I never listened to the anime if it didn't seem to fit. I didn't listen to any rumors. I trained my pokemon as evenly as possible.
But, I knew nothing, and now know barely anything, about IV's, EV's, and anything related to such.
- I used to try to avoid trainers because I didn't know that was what the game was about. When I came back to the same place after the E4, I found myself battling something like a level 12 gastly with my level 80 starter.
- Also, I used to only put stab moves on my pokemon unless they hadn't learnt enough moves. If a grass pokemon knew 3 grass moves and one water move and wanted to learn another grass move, I would delete the water move in favour of the grass move.
Last edited by AKRy100; 1st December 2010 at 9:15 PM.
My first Pokemon game was Gold version, and I was only 10, so I made a lot of dumb mistakes.
1. I made a lot of the one-of-a-kind Pokemon faint. Sudowoodo, Red Gyarados, etc.
2. I used a Master Ball on a Rhyhorn because I thought I could get another one.
3. I only trained my starter, Feraligatr.
4. I thought moves that did not do direct damage were pointless.
5. I thought the locked entrance to the underground cycling road in Kanto (the one going under Saffron City) was a house you unlocked with a key. In the house, you could catch the other two Johto starters. No idea where I came up with this.
6. I wasn't even aware of Celebi's existence until about a year or more later.
ah the fun and stupid times we had as a kid. im glad a lot of people are posting all these stupid things that they've done that we can now all look back on and laugh about it.
another thing i just remembered that i did was when i played my first pokemon game which was gold, i think i was about 7. i dont know why i never got red/blue but oh well.
but anyway i started a new game, walked out into the town and just walked around there for probably half an hour without a clue on what to do. then later i asked my neighbour what to do and when he said that you walk out of the town...well i felt really stupid.
I once trained a physical sweeping Ledian to level 42, before I realised how stupid it was.
I have left Serebii for greener pastures. These pastures, to be specific.
I use to believe Marrils name was Pikablu
-credit for team pose, and userbar goes to Gladeshadow-
I thought every attack could hit every time in the games.
I pretty much didn't know that attacks had accuracies.
Claimed by me!
I thought Mewtwo was Mew's father...and then I saw the movie and still didn't get it.
My White FC: 0132-1250-5458
I used to only train my starter
I used to think that healing at a pokemon center many times in a row gave it more HP
I didn't know that when you bred pokemon the pokemon species was the species of the mother (I thought if you bred two compatible but different species it was random which species)
I thought you could go to the moon in Ruby and Sapphire when the space station's successful launch number was 100. I even checked everyday, until it went over 100 I really wanted deoxys.
3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389
Anyone wanna talk? I wanna talk to some new people on here. Feel free to message me.
After years, I've finally claimed deoxys! Watch your back! hehe...
but yes...i believed the internet too many times back in the days.
I use to believe moving the truck you had to surf to in R/B/Y triggered an encounter with mew.
-credit for team pose, and userbar goes to Gladeshadow-
ah. i only thought that stats lowering moves are useless, i always went for power moves!
the red hair rival dude in 2nd gen games, i thought i must not edit his name when the police man talked to me so his name was ??? but that name was kind of cool lol.
I am a double specialist. 3DS FC: 2878 9875 2043 and my friend safari consists of Shuppet, Phantump and Dusclops. Feel free to add my FC and please message me yours too! Greenwich Mean Time+8
"I battle to have fun, thus I battle to lose." (sizida's philosophy)
Thanks dratinitamer for the kickbutt siggy!
woopee. was waiting for one of these kind of topics.
1. when i had my ruby, i thought special attack (sp atk), special defence (sp dfc) didnt mean nothing, since i didnt understand the sp. so, i just released every pokemon with their highest stat being sp attack/defence. i only kept the ones with defence and attack. -__-
2. also on ruby, remember that trick house, right above slateport city? yeah, well, i couldnt get past it. i got very mad, so i decided to see if i can catch a lot of pokemon to make an army, then have them destroy everyone inside. there is a ton of minun and plusle to the right of it, so i caught about 50 each. yeah..then i realized i could only have 6 in my party.
3. on diamond, i had no idea how to get to snowpoint city. i thought that one of those rock-climb walls would get me there, but noo. i finally decided to try one of the entrances to mount coronet, and thankfully it led to snowpoint. arghh. stupid rock climb walls.
well, thats all the experiences that i could think of right now lol
When in doubt, pinky out!
these final days til' heartgold/soulsilver come out will be devastating.......
I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)
All credit for the amazing team pose goes to Gladeshadow! Thanks!
I used to go through the list of Pokemon and just plan my future team around the ones I wanted the most. The list got to be about 60-ish (1st Gen) before I read that trainers could only have 6 Pokemon...
Lol, during my first playthrough of Emerald I thought Wally and Wallace were the same person.
That there was a glitch in R/B where you could get Togepi in Mt. Moon (Can't remember exactly what i was supposed to do, but i spent an hour or so trying it)
Before the name Ho-oh was revealed in English my friend told me and my other friends that it's name was Perokajalamara :/ yeah i know... weird then it turned in to Horu/Huroo (which i still think is better than Ho-oh XD)
FC: 4356-0274-2119FS: Elec - Emolga, Pikachu, Dedenne
I tried to evolve Pokemon that level up by using stones!
My FireRed Champs:
My HeartGold Team:
My Black Team:
My White Team:
My White 2 Team So Far: