Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

I tried to evolve Pokemon that level up by using stones!

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Haha, my turn! Draw!
    -Only trained my starter up to ridiculous levels, but it worked! I KO'd the Elite 4 with this:
    Venusaur LV. 83 Moves: Secret Power/Strength/Razor Leaf/Forgot this one.That was on LeafGreen
    -Taught my other starters HM moves
    -That Mew Delivery Truck thing. Thought it was real
    -Realeased all my pokemon in the PC thinking they would come back.(G/S/C)
    -Slowking is an evolution of Slowbro
    -Tried to use cut on Sudowoodo. Hahaha!
    -Thought Ho-oh was an evolution of Pidgeot
    -Thought Lugia was the evolution of Lapras
    -Eating spaghetti without the sauce

The End
    ------------------------------
    ------------------------------
    Words to make signature look awesome. Nutella, bacon, donuts, and more bacon.

i use to believe the pickachu evolved into drowzee that evolved into hypno that evolved into elekid that evolved into electobuzz that evolved into alakuzam. that was when i knew nothing about pokemon..
    Fan of Jurassic Park? Jurassic Park Legacy is your friend: http://www.jplegacy.org/board/index.php

Got given my first pokemon game yellow when i was 4, couldn't spell and called my character 'AAAAAAAAAAAA'.
    Eventually completed the game though and didn't want to start again but hated what i was called.
    I regret doing glitch city and the missingo cheats aswell, they messed my game up, i didnt realise it was bad though back in the day.

-i thought female hippowdown was shiny
    -i didnt know that a shinys would sparkle at the beggining of battle (i would check my guide book every time i found a pokemon to see if it was shiny)
    -i thought that absol and lucario were legendaries
    -i thought that lucario was a water and psychic type
    -i would only train my starter
    -that if i took out the game cartridge while playing too many times, i could get a legendary as a starter
    - that if you bred latios and latias you would get a combination of the two
    <> <> <> <> <> <>
    Please click on my Dragons? It'll help them grow faster! And who can't resist adorable baby Dragons?

When third gen first came out i thought that Plusle and Minun evolved into Latias and Latios because they had the same color scheme.
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

I still do really stupid things sometimes!

- Recently, I was training a Swablu by fighting wild pokemon, and I used Take Down when I had 4 HP remaining.
    - I used to think there was only one Nurse Joy and one Officer Jenny.
    - I thought there was more than one member of each species of legendary pokemon.
    - I thought that Ho-oh was the fourth Legendary Bird (along with Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno).
    - When I was in 2nd grade or so and watched the Advanced Generation anime episodes with May in it I kept thinking Misty would come back and May was only temporary... sadly this wasn't true.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

I recall one that either I started or I believed or both that if you trained a Dragonite to lv 100 in RBY, taught it Surf, and had it ram into the cliff face to the immediate west of the Power Plant, it opened a small cave with Mew inside.

That Game Freak was going to release a Black Version in which one could become a member of Team Rocket...which is still a cool idea.

~Nemmeh
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

I remember the day when I was 6 years old. Yep, good days. I was obssessed with Pokemon Vitamins. So whenever I ate a vitamin of a certain pokemon, I thought I would obtain that power back then. I was a freak over squirtle. Yeah.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

i thought that just training one string pokemon was smart untill i met watson in hoenn....
    i thought castform would SYAY in its weather forms outside of battle, i thought geodude evolved into rhyhorn, I thought mewtwo actully came with the armor that he had in his movie, and that there was an evolution of shelder that looked like the one stuck to slobro's tail....

I used to think Slobro evolved into slowking and thought I would need a match bike to get to Rayquaza in order to save stoopolis in emerald xD
    My Shinies:
    Wanted Shinies:1.2.oror
    Shinies up for trade:
    PM me if you're interested (:

hmmmm back in red i tought you had to catch the ghost of pokemon tower or it will keep terrorizing people (because ghosts dont die, not to mention faint) and it was pretty funny watching big strong blastoise, "cower in fear"

I used to use the stat vitamins on the pokemon in my party that has the lowest of that stat. I figured that It would balance the stats and make them stronger.
    Proud winner of the Nuzlocke Challenge. Nuzlocke Team:

In pokemon Silver (my first game), I used to think every time you battled and made a wild pokemon faint, it meant you caught it :C So every time I would battle pidgey I was like,"MOM, look I caught another one!!! " mind I was about 6 then lol .....oi I was sooo wrong -_-

~Credits to Sleekz0r (DA) for zee sig~

This isn't actually me, but my mum used to play my Silver game back in the day. She used my Masterball on a Phanpy because she thought it was really rare. :/

I will admitt that I used to believe all the rumours about Pokegods and stuff though, and did some pretty silly things on my games to try and get them.

Shiny Banner

Current Hunt: Thundurus ~ White ~ Soft Reset
    Most Recent Shiny: Unown I ~ HeartGold ~ Random Encounter ~ 4130 Encounters

In my first adventure I caught an Arbok with a master Ball and killed Ho-Oh and the three dogs.
    The game was pok&#232;mon Silver.

I thought that there were wild Mew in Pokemon Mansion, and I ran around the mansion for hours trying to find one. ^.^
    WOOHOO!

The products of my first n00bish Pokemon game playthrough included only fully raising three Pokemon: my starter (Blastoise), Ch'Ding the Farfetch'd, and Raichu. Oh, and when I played Sapphire I got stuck after earning seven Badges for, like, a month, because I couldn't figure out that the "Team Aqua must have surfaced here!" message during that one underwater route meant I had to get out of the water and fight them xD

Anime-wise, my seven-year-old self thought that JJM were the only members of TR. As in, it was some random thing they made up after seeing Pikachu and trying to steal it.
    I'm at a loss for what to put here, so...have a nice day?

When I found my first legendary, I didn't catch it, because in the anime (I watched the show before playing the game) Ash never catches the legendaries, so I thought, "Oh no! I'm not supposed to catch it! It has to be free!" Then I looked it up and I was supposed to catch it....lucky I didn't save! ^^;

haha that would have really sucked if you saved.
    pretty funny that you thought that coz ash didnt have legendaries you werent supposed to either.

well this is sorta related to this but early this year, yes not a kid but still, my friend asked me which way she had to go from cerulean city on hg/ss. i was meant to tell her to go right but i said left for some reason. so she was walking through that grass patch not having anywhere to actually go for half an hour.
    when i figured it out..yer i felt pretty stupid to get left and right mixed up. but i do know my left and right

I thought I could re catch Mewtwo in fire red so I KOed it then I restarted the whole game to get it again.
    Credit for sig: Ex member The_Boss_Giygas.
    Games Make you Go Mad.

I thought you released pokemon to get them into the boxes, not deposit them, which resulted in me losing my level 70 party...
    Cellular, modular, interactivodular.

In pokemon silver i wasted my master ball on a skarmory because I thought it was a legendary.. then caught lugia with a great ball :P

I miss the original..

I used to think you won battles by pressing the A button as fast as you can, I was doing that for about two years.
    Rainbow Dash is best pony.

Thought that if the moves looked strong, that they'd be more powerful. (Looks like teaching all of my Pok&#233;mon Rock Smash didn't go so well...)
    Last edited by Korotokku; 10th December 2010 at 9:18 PM.
    Logistical derp fascination.

Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast