Page 109 of 148 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3677

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by QuietSnowdrop View Post
    I used to think there was a secret to using Splash (like you had to use it underwater or something) and if you did it right, it would have the same effect as Sheer Cold or Fissure or whatnot... yeah. Nope.
    that would be so awesome!

too many and most have probly been said so ill just say one

i always thought there was a way to the grassy area by pallet town looked up online so many times one time believed you had to go through the power plant and etc

I used to think that there was some sort of secret using Splash or something.
    I think in the anime or game there was some reference that Magicarp can leap over waterfalls using Splash, nya~
    =/

Spoiler:- Credit:

I remember I almost gave up playing silver version because I didn't know you had to get the Squirtbottle to get past Sudowoodo. Haha I thought I was trapped and got so frusterated.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

^^
    Same, I almost spent two weeks...until I asked a friend
    X3

Spoiler:- Credit:

i thought magikarp evolved at level 30 so i kept in the daycare for about 6 weeks
    Team X:

Always thinking Pokémon evolved depending on how good the trainer was -___-
    Formerly known as Azure_Gallade

Black 2 FC: 0562 4633 3655

i never could get past the guy who blocks the way out of froid gym town
    Team X:

In my first Pokemon game, I thought PP was directly proportional to power of the attack..

Yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari94 View Post
    Hey this thread is basically about you guys writing about things that you thought or did relating to pokemon that when you think about it now is pretty stupid.
    It could be you thinking that something did something if you pressed it or listening to something on the internet that turned out to be fake. Or maybe you thought a certain character in the show was a girl instead of a guy or a guy instead of a girl. Share your stories!

I'll start us off by saying this...
    When i was young i used to hate getting my stats lowered by an opponent because i thought it actually took away your stats forever, not just lowering it during the battle.
    If you dont understand, if you have an attack of 183 for example, and an opponent used growl and lowered your attack. I thought it went down to 182.

So share your stories on things that you did that you think weren't exactly smart.
    I thought that too. Also, I thought that pressing a certain combination of buttons at a certain time increases the chance of catching a Pokemon. My cousin got me to believe this and I was too young to not realize it was an obvious lie.

Trying to train a full team of Sunflora in Silver! Also not realising the underground warehouse switches in Goldenrod just went from left to right for ages. I restarted at least one game because of that

Thought lapras was a water-rock type
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I used to attack pokemon based on their color (if it was blue, I thought it was water so I would moves super effective against water). I always got so mad when I would attack Dragonair with a grass move and it wasn't super effective
    Proud owner of a shiny, male Gardevoir named Rocky Horror - Hatched 8/19/14 after 600 eggs.
    Love Jurassic Park? Love to tell stories or love RPGs? Join Jurassic Park Legacy's Live the Legend RPG now, and become a legend yourself: http://jplegacy.org/ltl/index.php

I didn't know that bug type pokemon were weak against rock types(Untill now!)
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryubane View Post
    OMG, tons of stuff (Mostly due to a "nerdy" 6-year old friend who really did think all of this was true):

~ Magcargo evolved into Torkoal
    ~ Latios and Latias, when put in the daycare, made baby Lugias
    ~ Of course, the obligatory button-mashing-to-catch-a-Pokemon stuff.
    ~ There was a super-rare Pokemon that new all eight HM's in exactly one spot in R/S on a given time of the week.
    ~ Groudon and Kyogre were actually called Ruby and Sapphire.
    ~ The Trick Master, after you've completed all his challenges, hid in a secret passage in Victory road.
    ~ Female Hippowdon were shiny.
    ~ The first shiny Pokemon I ever found (a Linoone) was a glitch. So I slaughtered it with the strongest Pokemon in my arsenal.
    ~ The Scorched Slab held the secret to getting Mew in R/S.
    ~ Dragon-types were weak against water. The fire and such...
    ~ Gastly was a split-evolution that tied in with Cloyster.

~ Poliwhirl and Poliwrath were the same Pokemon.
    ~ If you got a team of six Pokemon to lvl. 100, they would all have a simultaneous evolution and merge into one ultimate Pokemon.
    ~ All the Pokegods were real, and each one could be obtained for every ten times you beat the Pokemon league.
    ~ The Ho-oh that flew over Ash in the first episode of the anime was not a Ho-oh, but rather a Fearow evolution named Leerow.
    ~ There was a way to obtain a custom-colored red, white, and blue Pikachu by some crazy means that involved leaving your game on and unattended for 24 hours straight. Needless to say, I stopped believing every single one of this kid's rumors after this.
    ~ And probably the coup de gras, ZapMolCuno (yes, that Team Rocket experiment in the manga) was apparently obtainable, by means of obtaining all three legendary birds in R/B and then trading them to R/S. Then they’d all fuse together. Yeah.
    I did all the bold ones
    I also:
    - Didn't know that Kyogre in Sapphire could be caught, so I obliterated it.
    - Assumed that something would eventually happen in Altering Cave.
    - For a long time thought Water and Poison were super effective against Bug.
    - Believed the Mossdeep Space Center theory, that with enough shuttle launches you could go to the moon and catch Jirachi.
    Last edited by GildedScizor; 6th December 2012 at 11:55 AM.

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

Let's see...

I thought Mew caught be caught from behind the SS Anne.
    I thought Celebi could block the Master Ball.
    I thought you could capture the Ghost of Marowak.
    I thought Professor Oak was the Pokemon League Champion.
    I thought Marrill was called Pikablue
    and I thought Charizard and Alakazam had evolutions named Charcoal and Alakaboom.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

I spent almost 15 rare candies trying to evolve a pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by 7420Cola View Post
    I always thought Ecruteak city was called You correct city.
    OMG, I always thought it was called "You critique City"

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

I always thought it was Earthquake city XD

I remember when I first saw the move Amnesia. For the longest time, I refused to use it and I'd never let my Pokemon learn it. Reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by Move Description
    Forgets about something and sharply raises Sp. Def.
    I seriously thought that using it would make the Pokemon forget one of its moves or something. Permanently.
    I was too scared to try it. xD

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Two things come to mind. First is a couple things regarding my abra line when I was playing my first Blue. My Alakazam was seriously high leveled even before beating the league because I didn't have the best moveset and also kept running out of pp. I was basically stuck at Indigo Plateau for whatever reason. So anyway he leveled up a lot. But I remember thinking that if he reached level 100, there'd be an animation of an ambulance on the screen an it'd take my pokémon to the Pokémon Tower. I didn't even get him to level 100 myself, but rather I traded him temp to someon who leveled him up. But I got him back and he was fine...though don't have him anymore. (T-T) I really liked the abra line (GO PSYCHICS!) and just remember tossing balls until it stayed in and didn't teleport away. But the other thing was I remember wondering how to evolve him. I remember using Gary's kadabra as an example thinking if his is this level, why hasn't mine evolved? I obviously evenually figured out how to evolve him.

Last thing was looking for pikablu in the powerplant. I met another pokémon player on vacation once and he told me that you had to like walk a certain number of steps in the powerplant to find pikablu. Doesn't work. XD

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Oh,I remember this things out of my mind.Most of them are told by my old friends.
    -Leveling up Groudon to Level 100 in Ruby will result Groudon will disobey you(Just like Ash's Charizard in the anime.I dunno why they telling that lie.)
    -Smashing A,B,and any buttons in the console may help you to catch Pokemon easier.(It was the cause why my GameBoy Advance A and arrow keys got broke.)
    -There was a Pokemon named Regifire/Regiflame that can be caught somewhere in Meteor Falls and a Pokemon based on an angel.(Really?I already proved it to myself that was just a fan-made Pokemon.)
    -The Rocket Rumor in Mossdeep,I was tricked on that one.Also,the white rock.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, "If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven."
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

I thought Ponyta's Tail Whip would do major damage, since, you know, her tail's made of FIRE!!!!!!

Also I remember the B Button trick actually being said in Nintendo Power (RIP) which is why I found it so easy to believe, 'cept I held it down the entire time rather than wait for the ball to break. Now I take the stylus and draw as many circles around the giant Poke Ball on the bottom of the screen as possible
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

I used to think....

Lugia was a Water/Flying type and not Psychic.

Gastly was much smaller than it really is... Like the size of Ditto or Pikachu.

Dunsparce was not a Normal type but a Ground/Flying type like Gligar.

Can't think of anything else right now... lawl

Learning about STAB then deciding that giving my Pokemon only moves of their own type was a good idea based on that.

I thankfully got over that by the second generation.

Page 109 of 148 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119 ... LastLast