Page 110 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 3623

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Learning about STAB then deciding that giving my Pokemon only moves of their own type was a good idea based on that.

I thankfully got over that by the second generation.

I used to think you would get bad luck if you left your Starter Pokemon in the PC.

Saaatoshi!

I used to think Politoed was a pokemon who didn't evolve from anything else.
    Currently Residing in the orange islands.

Fire is the key to life.

I thought Lapras evo was Dialga

My friends thought Haunter evolved to Gastly, then to Gengar. My 5 year old self thought they were wrong, but since they were 9/10, I knew they wouldnt listen to me.
    I didnt know about STAB until Gen 4! Hahahahahahah
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

BW Nuzlocke Competition

vs.
    Deceased:

I tried to use an Awakening on the sleeping snorlax instead of the flute
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/16aqzjq.png[/IMG]
    Thanks, Shiny_Wooper!

I thought slowbro evolved into slowking
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Shayminlover123 View Post
    I thought slowbro evolved into slowking
    Me,too.Until now.I really can't believe that Slowpoke evolve into Slowking.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, "If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven."
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

Until 2 years ago, I hadn't heard of STAB, but I knew pokemon gave more power with their own type, but I thought it had something to do with Special/Psychical.

And: I was testing the button press 'trick' by trying to catch pokemon and counting the amount of pokeballs, I was testing for weeks, xD

i had no idea what the meaning of attack and special attack were.
    i thought special attack meant attacks of the pokemons type lol.
    therefore, water moves from a water pokemon were their "special attacks"
    -.-

I used to think the Pokemon Ash saw was a random Fearow and not Ho-Oh

I used to think Lugia was a Water and Flying-type Pokemon.

Also, I used to think Electric-type Pokemon were strong against Fighting-type Pokemon.

3DS F.C. - 4957 - 2857 - 2081
    Friend Safari - Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika

-Having a record of fleeing from a Pokemon will cause the save game to unable to encounter shiny Pokemon (I don't know where I heard this, it was a long time ago)
    -In the generation I games, I was afraid to use the move Self Destruct/Explosion and replaced it as soon as possible because it might kill(permanently) my Electrode
    -In generation II games, I used a Pikachu as a main and did not evolve it only to find out it was as durable as Ash's Pikachu
    -Red Gyarados is a legendary Pokemon in the Gold/Silver/Crystal version games
    -In generation III games, I was so excited to to have a Pikachu that knows Volt Tackle only to find out that the recoil takes away more than half of the HP of Pikachu, Ash's Pikachu is hax
    -Scizor is a very fast pokemon in the games
    The only journey is the journey within.
    Rainer Maria Rilke
    My First Pokemon FanFic
    Pokemon: Aura Legends
    Pokemon: Aura Legends

I remember not at all understanding the importance of stat-changing moves such as Leer. I just wanted to attack them until they died.

These are from my first two pokemon games: Diamond which I got when I was eleven and Emerald which I got when I was 12.
    -Took a hour to figure out how to leave the room in Diamond.
    -Saw on Serebii that Mesprit was in Lake Verity so I spent like three hours running around in the grass there to find it and shouting at my game when it didn't appear.
    -Only training my stater, a Piplup I named Waterblast(Had an Empoleon by the time I was at Maylene's gym).
    -Thinking all non-attacking moves were useless.
    -Tackling a level 2 Shiny Bidoof with my level 7 Turtwig(in my first playthrough of my sister's pearl).
    -Only using my starter, a Torchic I named TORCHER in Emerald. Liza and Tate and Pheobe were super hard, and Wallace was even harder.
    -Didn't catch any pokemon unless I needed them for HMs.
    -Thought ice was super effective on rock.
    -Used Shadow Claw twice in a row on a Bibarel(I forgot it was part normal).
    -Got lost in the cave on Dewford where Steven is.
    -Thought that Slowbro evolved into Slowking.
    -Thought that Tauros evolved into Boffulant and Luvdisc evolved into Alomomola.
    -Sold all the TM that I thought were useless like Stealth Rock etc.
    -Also sold many precious items like King's Rock because I thought that they were useless.
    -Thought that Hydro Cannon was the best move ever.
    -Thought that not looking at the screen while catching pokemon made them easier to catch.
    -Believed all that fake stuff about rocket launches in R/S/E that allowed you to catch Jirachi and Deoxys.
    -Thought Rorak and Saturn were girls.
    -I read about this special island that you could get to on Diamond-you had to release all your pokemon except your starter and talk to the man in Canavale City who takes you to Iron Island to get there. On that island you can catch all the pokemon you had released(I tried this and it didn't work but I was smart and saved before hand).
    -I had beat the main game on Diamond and tried recreating the feeling of playing through by using a team of level 16 pokemon to rematch trainers near Floraroma(didn't know that their pokemon got way stronger and got owned).
    -Played Diamond for about five hours without saving and took the game card out when I was playing to see what would happen.
    -Oh and when I first learnt about egg moves, i thought if you hatched a pokemon from an egg you got to chose which eggs moves that it'll learn.
    -Oh and lastly I bred a Poynta and Vaporeon and I thought I would hatch a fusion of the two.
    ~RaichuArcanine~
    Last edited by RaichuArcanine; 10th December 2012 at 1:35 PM.
    My Shiny Card
    Current Hunts:
    Platinum BQ: 1. Hunting: 15,767 SR's
    X BQ: 1. Hunting: 15 SR's.
    -I'm not a mundane: I'm a Shadowhunter! =D
    I have claimed Raichu!

I thought that Protein,Calcium, Iron ... were like X attack, X defend so that it only +1 your stats for like 1 battle so I sold them all.
    Thought dragonair only evolved into dragonite after a trade
    Didn't know there was a difference between pyshical and special damage
    And probably many more

I thought shelder was a gastly in a shell
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

ok 3 things
    -The master ball could catch trainers pokemon.
    -that if a pokemon stayed fainted it for to long dies.
    -mew evolved into mewtwo.
    sad is it not?

3DS FC: 5000-3615-6054 IGN-Hyori
    MY BLACK FC: 4642 5240 8797
    My black2 FC 5415 8754 8627

I'm an event hunter If you've got events Pm me ,shinies welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Frost Mage View Post
    I remember not at all understanding the importance of stat-changing moves such as Leer. I just wanted to attack them until they died.
    They still suck unless you are woefully under leveld.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    They still suck unless you are woefully under leveld.
    I find them very useful, they just give you the extra edge

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

I did something really stupid in 2007 while I was playing Diamond (I had been playing somewhat less than a year at the time):
    I was at that part of the game where you battle Mars and Jupiter in a double battle and your rival is battling with you. My team consisted of a level 40 or 50-ish Torterra (my starter), a level 30 or 40-something Staraptor, a Lucario that was in the 20's, 30's or 40's, a under level 20 Pachirisu and Buneary and something else if I remember correctly. I got destroyed by Mars and Jupiter for obvious reasons, so I got furious and trained Torterra for a few months until it was level 70-ish. I whooped their behinds. :P
    I also stopped using Pachirisu and Buneary after that. I will not use them again even if one gives me $20.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydreigon6507 View Post
    I did something really stupid in 2007 while I was playing Diamond (I had been playing somewhat less than a year at the time):
    I was at that part of the game where you battle Mars and Jupiter in a double battle and your rival is battling with you. My team consisted of a level 40 or 50-ish Torterra (my starter), a level 30 or 40-something Staraptor, a Lucario that was in the 20's, 30's or 40's, a under level 20 Pachirisu and Buneary and something else if I remember correctly. I got destroyed by Mars and Jupiter for obvious reasons, so I got furious and trained Torterra for a few months until it was level 70-ish. I whooped their behinds. :P
    I also stopped using Pachirisu and Buneary after that. I will not use them again even if one gives me $20.
    i'll give you $21
    aww i hate mars and jupiter funny because my team was the same except the buneary :P

3DS FC: 5000-3615-6054 IGN-Hyori
    MY BLACK FC: 4642 5240 8797
    My black2 FC 5415 8754 8627

I'm an event hunter If you've got events Pm me ,shinies welcome

I remember not knowing how to evolve happiny. I thought it evolved at lvl 50 (and I raised it to this level) untill I realized you need a oval stone to evolve it 3 years later.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Not sure if it counts as stupid, I used to spread rumors of secrets in the games (Red, Blue, Yellow) back in the day. My favorite one was:

"Beat the Elite Four exactly 151 times, talk to Bill 30 times, and kick Prof. Oak right in the balls and you'll get Togepi". I can't believe people believed that. I think perhaps it was because I was the first to find the Missingno and Mew glitches (in my area. I was also the first to find Pokerus and shinies).

I also told them some long, drawn out crap that would supposedly result in getting to go to the Orange Islands in the game. That one was fun. My friends believed that for a year. I just kept telling them: "You must not be doing it right" when they would tell me it didn't work.
    Last edited by NimhShambler; 13th December 2012 at 3:54 AM.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

I recall not paying attention when nicknaming my Pokemon when I was younger and I ended up naming them "AAAAAAAAAAAAAA" or trying to name my character "Brawly" in Crystal Version when I was in like second grade and naming them "Brwly"

Page 110 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast