Page 113 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 4124

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by MuseHarmonia View Post
    When I was 7 I had my first Pokemon game. Fire Red. I ran into a Shiny Caterpie (Not knowing what a shiny was) and It started glittering. I thought my game was glitching so I turned off my power and cried.

Now that I look back, That could have been a nice Shiny Butterfree I coulda had now.. ;____;
    Haha I did the same thing in my Leafgreen version except with a Shiny Rapidash (or maybe it was a ponyta, can't remember T.T) I thought it was a glitch and ran away, dayum dam my child-like brain -.-

Other stuff, I thought to get a gligar you had to put two zubats in the daycare centre (this was in emerald).

In leafgreen if you had those letters you could put them in random npc's houses and they would go to the union room to battle.

In Silver I thought by putting a Doduo and Magmar in the daycare you would get a Charizard egg.

Also in Silver there was a rumor going around at school that if you gave a rare candy to a Level 100 Ho-Oh it would go to level 1.

And in Yellow I thought if your pokemon fainted at pokemon tower it would die, and a grave would be made for it there.
    My First Journey (Yellow):

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaCity View Post
    When I played Leafgreen I couldn't figure out how to get past the thirsty guy so I was stuck for weeks.
    Same here. A friend told me to go to the pokemon mansion. I thought he meant the place on cinnibar island, not in celadon.
    I also thought that blastoise and charizard were way better than venusaur and that venusaur was horrible because it was a grass type. The current competitive battling tiers show otherwise.
    I also always battled the "ghost" in the pokemon tower and it always frustrated me.
    Finally, my first game was leafgreen and you can't catch oddish in it, but I really wanted one. One time I. Must have been watching tv at the same time or had some other distraction because a trainer sent out an oddish and I tried to catch it. But after I threw the ultra ball, I looked back at the tv and didn't realize that the ball was being rejected. I think I used 20 some ultra balls on that oddish. Good times!
    pkmnmovesets
    Visit me at http://pkmnmovesets.wordpress.com/ and request a moveset for your favorite Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaCity View Post
    When I played Leafgreen I couldn't figure out how to get past the thirsty guy so I was stuck for weeks.
    Same here. A friend told me to go to the pokemon mansion. I thought he meant the place on cinnibar island, not in celadon.
    I also thought that blastoise and charizard were way better than venusaur and that venusaur was horrible because it was a grass type. The current competitive battling tiers show otherwise.
    I also always battled the "ghost" in the pokemon tower and it always frustrated me.
    Finally, my first game was leafgreen and you can't catch oddish in it, but I really wanted one. One time I. Must have been watching tv at the same time or had some other distraction because a trainer sent out an oddish and I tried to catch it. But after I threw the ultra ball, I looked back at the tv and didn't realize that the ball was being rejected. I think I used 20 some ultra balls on that oddish. Good times!
    pkmnmovesets
    Visit me at http://pkmnmovesets.wordpress.com/ and request a moveset for your favorite Pokemon!

When I played Silver for the first time, I thought that when a Pokémon was beaten in a battle, it died and you had to catch another one. Even though I know better, if a Pokémon faints, I ALWAYS turn the game off. That's how ingrained in my mind it is.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

When I first played pokemon,
    -I thought stats didn't do anything
    -I fell for the common "only train your starter"
    -When I realized that your supposed to make a team, I basically took a bunch of cool looking pokemon and put them in my party regardless of types and stats.
    -My cousin told me that you could release pokemon and find them again randomly in the world. Anyway, I released a bunch of Azumarills because I wanted to try to recatch them.
    -I also thought you could evolve all water types with water stones and all fire types with fire stones.
    -I also once thought that you could only breed two pokemon of the same species. I thought that maybe breeding different pokemon would make new pokemon. I tried over and over again to get multiplication and division equivalents of plusle and minun.
    -I thought Lugia and Ho-oh were part of the kanto legendary bird trio

My cousin also told me once that there was a game in which you could become a villain. He said that the starters were Koffing, Murkrow and Grimer, and that it was coming out soon. I was so mad when I learned the truth
    This "Pokemon Rainbow" rumored game is already killing me. I want it!

Also, general nintendo fans will probably like my youtube. I make unboxings and collection videos.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/EnragedSwalot?feature=mhee
    Thanks if you check it out

On my very first playthrough of Pokemon on Blue version right about Christmas 1999, I did not know what Oak's Parcel did and could not get past Viridian City as a result.
    3DS Friend Code
    4854-6478-8554
    Friend Safari
    Fire with Magmar, Slugma, and Braixen. Please PM if you want to add me.

Shinies Obtained
    Crobat, Golem, Magnezone, Butterfree, Spheal, Luvdisc, Charizard, Xatu

Shinies obtained from GTS/Trades
    Parasect, Glameow, Chansey, Deoxys, Lugia, Machamp, Linoone, Spiritomb

Quote Originally Posted by Ryubane View Post
    ~ The Scorched Slab held the secret to getting Mew in R/S.
    What was with that place anyway?

I always thought that your stats would decrease only a tiny bit when someone used growl, leer, tail whip etc.

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Giving all my Pokémon moves of the same type with neutral natures...

For Example

Blaziken: Serious Nature

Fire Blast
    Blaze Kick
    Flamethrower
    Ember

Man was I stupid back then!
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

I wouldn't really count this as stupid but something that a beginner/child would think (xD) : I thought that when I was playing Pokemon Ruby, my Blaziken would evolve when it go to Level 100 and some Pokemon would evolve constantly XDD

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I think the dumbest thing I did as a kid was either leaving my Hoppip in the Day Care during the Gold/Silver days. It reached level 99 before it got erased, and I didn't know what to do to get it out as I was constantly broke. So that made me sad, and I visited it everyday cos I didn't know how to get it out.

Either that, or naming my Feraligatr Justin Jr. after myself. I don't know what I was thinking. :P

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I used a master ball on a Koffing once. Yeah.
    Nintendo Network ID: MetalVictini

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobthepokemonfreak View Post
    What was with that place anyway?

I always thought that your stats would decrease only a tiny bit when someone used growl, leer, tail whip etc.
    I thought this, too. Whenever my Sceptile on Emerald would get its stats lowered in battle, I thought it would have lower stats forever. That really irked me when it reached level 100, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalVictini View Post
    I used a master ball on a Koffing once. Yeah.
    I very clearly remember doing that to a Wailmer or Wailord on Emerald.
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

Oh, a few thinks come to my mind.

I used to think Torchik was the pre-evolved form of Doduo...
    I thought Numel evolved into Torkoal.
    I though Magargo was 3rd Gen.
    Lugia was flying/water type.
    I once ran into a shiny Phanpy but I just ran away from it -_-

I would have to say that the stupidest thing I have probably ever done was try to level up as a kid... I was the guy that (as a kid) did the gym leaders in the wrong order. So whenever I needed to catch up, I was running around in one patch of grass for a couple hours just to level up some pokemon...

The most stupid thing I remember, it was when I was playing Crystal and suddenly I noticed all my pokemon were infected with pokérus.
    Obviously I didn't know what it was back then, I panicked and tried to cure them in the poké center, and when that didn't work I think I must have erased the game or I just left it like that, never putting pokérus to a good use.

In yellow, a friend told me if you use strength on the SS anne the boat will sink and a mew will appear in its place.

Of course you can't get strength until you beat lt surge, and that can't happen until you get hm cut from the ferry (after which it sails). I ran around vermilion city for days trying to figure out how to sink the boat before I gave up.
    Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

A friend of mine said that if you bred a Pidgot and a Fearw=ow in Ruby/Saphire, you would get a Ho-Oh. I still have a lot of Spearows in my boxes ¬¬"

i thought that kadabra could evolve to alakazam at level 100...
    my b/w 2 team:
    black 2:

white 2 :

The original Pokemon Blue game - that truck near the ship in Vermilion City... I thought it held the secret to catching Mew. Although most kids thought that at the time!

Back in Gen 2 I had tought my Feraligatr all HMs and I didnt understand why I was never getting the option to learn new moves when he leveled up. I never did find out till later. I went to the Elite Four with Strengh/Cut/Surf/Rock Smash XP
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Have I mentioned believing that Arcanine evolves into Entei and Raichu into Raikou?
    I absolutely LOVE Raichu.

Me and my brother literally played pretend pokemon when we were younger. We came up with our own towns and gyms and areas. It was kind of sad thinking back on it.
    Also I thought when the S.S. Anne started to float away that you had used cut to release the boat thus dooming the poor souls on board to float away forever.

When my step-brother and I were going to get Firered and Leafgreen when it came out, we were each going to get the different one than each other. He knew I loved charizard (even if it is just the mascot :P), but he wanted firered so he told me that in leafgreen you like somehow get a "dark charizard" in the game....whatever the hell that means lololol. But I was like 7 and bought it, and got leaf green. Not such a big deal, but hey, I was duped lol.

Also, a friend once told me that if you start your firered/leafgreen game with a squirtle and when you get to seven isldand use surf off of the item with the evolved blastoise, you will find this rock and when you interact with it you will go to this island where you can find mew. I hadn't chosen squirtle, so even though I actually believed him (lol) I didn't do it. He later told me it was a joke, which I really should have guessed lol.
    I'm sorta back
    While I'd always love to talk about anything pokemon, I will only be using the 6th gen Wifi section for a while out of efficiency in my life, unfortunately

My 3DS friend code is 0576 3520 6954

This was all back in silver.

I didn't know how eggs worked, so I always healed my Pokemon at centers repeatedly because I thought that helped it hatch.

I also thought Pokemon would get mad at you if you left them in the PC, so I never took any of the friendship evolutions out of my party until I had evolved them.

Pokemon Red:

1) I spent about 10 minutes trying to work out how to exit the house I started the game in.

2) I didn't know about Pokemon centres, so every time all my Pokemon fainted, I'd start back in Pallet town, and I'd have to walk all the way back to Cerulean City or wherever I was.

3) I'd spend lots of time trying to extract Mew from under the truck, and I also tried looking at Bill's page for "Eevee" 50 times because I thought he'd then give me a "Pikablu." And I thought "MissingNo" was supposed to be a real Pokemon.

4) I couldn't find the "Card key" in Silph Co; consequently I couldn't get the Marsh Badge. I then tried sneaking past the guard in the Victory road gate by swimming around the long way.

5) I didn't know about "flash" so I repeatedly tried making it through Rock Tunnel in the dark, sometimes ending up back at the entrance instead of the exit.

Pokemon Gold:

1) I tried to get "Mew" by breeding two Mewtwos. :P

2) I didn't think that trading would auto-save, so I tried restarting Pokemon Red to trade the other starters across, and as a result I lost my original save file.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Page 113 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast