Page 114 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 3738

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Pokemon Red:

1) I spent about 10 minutes trying to work out how to exit the house I started the game in.

2) I didn't know about Pokemon centres, so every time all my Pokemon fainted, I'd start back in Pallet town, and I'd have to walk all the way back to Cerulean City or wherever I was.

3) I'd spend lots of time trying to extract Mew from under the truck, and I also tried looking at Bill's page for "Eevee" 50 times because I thought he'd then give me a "Pikablu." And I thought "MissingNo" was supposed to be a real Pokemon.

4) I couldn't find the "Card key" in Silph Co; consequently I couldn't get the Marsh Badge. I then tried sneaking past the guard in the Victory road gate by swimming around the long way.

5) I didn't know about "flash" so I repeatedly tried making it through Rock Tunnel in the dark, sometimes ending up back at the entrance instead of the exit.

Pokemon Gold:

1) I tried to get "Mew" by breeding two Mewtwos. :P

2) I didn't think that trading would auto-save, so I tried restarting Pokemon Red to trade the other starters across, and as a result I lost my original save file.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

I used the A+B magical Pokemon catching technique. I still do
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

because i never encountered it in silver.....i thought protect was a Gen III move ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    I used the A+B magical Pokemon catching technique. I still do
    A+down for me. Still do it out of habit and I swear it works

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

I thought if you beat the Elite Four so many times in Pearl you could take to boat to an island where Darkrai is found. Considering that I LOVED Darkrai (and still do) I did it. Nothing happened...

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

I don't know why but I thought in my leafgreen that if you released your starter you would be able to catch it in the wild again. So i let go of my warturtle and check my pokedex to see if it would show me its location in the wild. Of course it didn't but thankfully i saved the game before i did it and restarted as soon as i realized it wouldn't appear. It made me wonder why don't your starter Pokemon appear in the wild after you release them

I thought that Slowking was evolution of Slowbro. Actually, this isn't a stupid thing in my view, but it is the only mistake I can remember for now.

A few years ago, when I was playing Pokémon Blue, I never knew about types. When I had my Bulbasaur, I thought Vine Whip was only super effective when I hit a hard or a fat pokémon.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

I can trade:

Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

I thought all pokemon that were hacked were useless and stupid and released every single one i ever got...oh wait. They are stupid and i still release them.

On a more serious note:

I thought black was stupid because my Emboar (weakest fire starter ive had -_-) couldnt beat Ghetisis and nearly sold it lol.
    3DS FC: 5086-1034-2659
    PM me if you want to add me.

Current obsession: Pokemon X

Using an action replay which caused me to restart my game.

Thinking mew evolved into mewtwo before seeing the first movie.

Thinking ho-oh was obtainable in diamond at the top of that one tower by solaceon town.

Not knowing how to save the game in the first day of playing it.

Not bringing repels to mount moon.
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...
    REPOST THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Well I started off by making a basic rookie mistake... I trained only my starter for both Gold and Sapphire. Wasn't intentional, mind you. But when you start out and have trouble raising low leveled Pokemon, you find your starter just works.

Then in gold, I couldn't figure out how to get past the guy who wanted me to take the Togepi egg. I didn't know you could deposit Pokemon and my team was full, so I was stuck. Ended up training until lvl 30 and then starting over.

But wait. It get's worse. The coup de gras of my Pokemon noobish-ness came on the restart. I finally got past the Togepi guy by keeping my party small at that point. I still didn't know how to use ANY of the box features... EXCEPT release... You probably can guess what my stupidity lead me to next, but basically, if my team was full and I entered a new area with a Pokemon I wanted, I would release one of my teammates to catch it... I to this day don't know how I was so thick. Lol!
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

Well, I did te old mistake of not having a team. I just went around catching Pokémon and putting them in my team, so, at the end, only my Charizard was at a usable level. And also, I used my master ball on a Onix or something at Victory Road. And, even worse, I already had an Onix.

Also, A friend of mine said that using repels made your Pokémon flee from you, or something along those lines, because it would repel them, too. And that same friend told me that the more you run, the more wild Pokémon you would enconter. So, at the end, I never used repels, and never ran from random battles. Actually, it was a wonder I made it through victory road!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

In Platinum I was in the distortion world and I couldn't solve the puzzle, and I thought the game had glitched. So I restarted the game and tried again, got seven badges and I was stuck in the distortion world again -_-
    I retried a THIRD time, and finally made it through. I realised where I went wrong at that stage (it was in the part where Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit tell you which boulder to push down the hole)...

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

Man, 3rd grade, all I did was play with stuff trying to make a device to make Pokemon real. It was just some tin cans, duct tape and string connected to my DS Lite.

Default Masterkarp

I caught a magikarp with a masterball because it was my only pokeball. I later found out that it was the only one in the entire game.

That's why i have this username!

Pokemon silver was my first game and I didn't know how the gameboy worked so I never clised the game boy and the gameboy was always charging xD
    After one year my gameboy fell from the window( nothing broked) and it closed because the batteries fell out...
    So I had to start the whole game again and after 2 weeks my Friend told me how to save

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

I used to think Legendary=Most Insaley powerful life or death thing that could slaughter anything. My first Pokemon Game was Pokemon Diamond and I got Dialga to level 100 and traded my friends Palkia to my game and tried leveling it to 100 because i thought they would both merge together and become Giratina. DONT JUDGE ;P

When I was trying to catch pokemon in Blue Version, I used the directional buttons (left and right) because I thought the more I did it, the easier it was to catch pokemon. Also, I pressed (A) alot in pokemon battles when using attacks because I thought it would help.
    3DS: 2509-2137-6109 Feel free to PM your FC for Friend Safari
    Friend Safari Type: Ghost Pokemon: Pumpkaboo and Lampent (unknown third).
    Pokedex: 718/718

When I started to play Pokemon Sapphire/Emerald and every time I restarted it, I always pick Mudkip and evolve it to the final stage, Swampert. I always teach Swampert to know Rock Smash and Rock Tomb and got obsessed to a moveset consist of Rock Tomb, Rock Smash, Hydropump, and Muddy Water. 'Coz I really like the animations of those moves.

3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

Many fond memories of Blue.

- Killed Articuno in Seafoam Islands, forgetting to save before the battle. I figured I'd just come back later when he's respawned...
    - This Missingno. is level 126! I should definitely use it on my team (luckily, I never had a file ruined by it)!
    - I swear that I hit a Zubat with Earthquake once. I swore by it so hard, that I once wasted an hour trying to repeat it on wild Zubats, just to prove to my cousin "no really, it worked!"
    - I don't need any other Pokemon! My Blastoise can easily destroy the Elite 4 (and it did)!
    - My Geodude's evolved into Graveler? How do I get it to evolve into Onix?
    - Everyone has their own variation on this. For me, it was the following: when capturing a Pokemon, if you hold A and B, your trainer will hold the ball shut, and if you hold Down, he'll put pressure on it. So, the winning combo to increase a Pokemon's capture rate was A+B+Down.
    - I never noticed that my Pokemon stopped learning moves when I used an evolutionarystone on them. This revelation didn't come until I started learning about this... "internet..." thing, which I thought was just something my mom used for work.
    - I'll get that bike! *Catches a Meowth and spends all day spamming Pay Day at wild Pokemon*
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Deleted a Pokemon because I got mad it couldn't eat more Rare Candies after level 100

what 4 year old didn't use their master ball on a sentret in crystal?

and who didn't press some random button over and over again because they thought it made catching pokemon more likely? not like i still do that or something...
    Last edited by shadorai; 28th March 2013 at 12:19 PM.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

The Pokemon's weakened! Go, Voltorb!
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

I always used the A B trick on the GBC. I really thought it would make catching Pokemon easier.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    I always used the A B trick on the GBC. I really thought it would make catching Pokemon easier.
    I don't think there's a single person who didn't think that at some point.
    Pokemon X and Y:
    Friend Code: 0061-0847-8548
    Friend Safari: Emolga, Galvantula, Heliolisk
    Seeking safaris: Currently None.

Looking for: Aggronite, Houndoomite, Mewtwoite Y, Charizardite X, Heracrossite, Groudon

Can provide: Pokerus, Any berry, Lucky Egg, Damp Rock, Light Clay, Light Ball, Heart Scale, Blazikenite, Many HA Pokemon, Most Pokemon only available through Pokebank, Some Legendaries.

Page 114 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast