Page 115 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 3800

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

I never let my pokemon learn stat moves.
    I regret that, because now I know how important they can be.
    I never undertood what they did I guess.

I also remember that I traded a shiny, thinking it was just a regular Pokemon.
    xD
    I was new to Pokemon then.
    ~Working on getting a sig~

I used an ar to steal opponents pokemon and i played the game with them >.>

Oh and i used to only train my starter
    xD
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

ah hahaha! Oh in 2nd grade, me and my best friend used to play imaginary pokemon. And i always used to cheat and win against her. It was during recess. And this other kid (my friend) i used to force them to be ash and misty and get together and kiss! LOL but they would always get nervous and never do it. We would hide by a wall where teachers couldn't see and played a pokemon romance. haha. Also, I would pretend to have my favorite pokemon; Lucario always at my side and that we would solve problems together. My classmates thought i was weird that i had a crush on Ash Ketchum in 1st grade. And i now agree.
    Here is my pokemon white fc.

2924-4835-5101 name: Soul(with a star)

give me a message if you have your code too so i can add you back

Name: Green Diamond
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Pikablu Pikablu Pikablu
    Correct me if I am wrong but, isn't that Marill's Japanese name?
    Insert witty catchphrase here.

I think most of em were mentioned but pressing the b button repeatedly while getting attacked would possibly make the pokemon's attack miss... and then I learned what accuracy was.

Quote Originally Posted by ninijatt View Post
    Pikablu Pikablu Pikablu
    Correct me if I am wrong but, isn't that Marill's Japanese name?
    Actually, it is Maril マリル

I thought Nidoran (Female and Male) Were the two most powerful rare pokemon combined so I thought I was a pokemon master after I found tons ;~;

I was scared in silver about lying to the police so silvers names was ???
    My bulbasaur lvl100 was as strong as your venusaur lvl100 and it only needed to know grass type moves and/or HM's
    Oh so many memories...
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684

I never used another pokemon besides my starter when it came to battling in the story.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

To this day, I press and hold B whenever the ball hits a Pokčmon. Back in Gen I, I thought it made a difference. Now, it just doesn't feel right if I don't do it.
    Army Veteran 2001-05

4828-4813-6430 -- 3DS (Dr. Lu)
    Friend Safari - Dragon (Fraxure, Shelgon, and Sliggoo)

Gen VI shinies caught: 9
        Spoiler:

It took me a few years to understand that flash could light up caves.. I've been wandering trough the dark for a few years (Rock Tunnel for example). Just follow the walls till an exit or ladder appeared.

I once thought that Grass was weak to Psychic, since all of the pokemon I've used Psychic on were part Poison type.

when i was really young for a short time after i started playing, i thought that special attack and special defense were speed attack and speed defense (because they were abbreviated as sp. atk and sp. def) and that those stats applied only to moves like quick attack and extremespeed.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

Back when D/P first came out, I thought Crasher Wake was a Poison Gym Leader (since he lives in the swamp). Then, when I found out that he was a wrestler, I thought he was Fighting (and I wondered why there were two Fighting Gym Leaders?)

It wasn't until Platinum that I found out he was Water type >.<

(Off topic: shadorai, the quote in your sig is from Karen, not Agatha haha)
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    Back when D/P first came out, I thought Crasher Wake was a Poison Gym Leader (since he lives in the swamp). Then, when I found out that he was a wrestler, I thought he was Fighting (and I wondered why there were two Fighting Gym Leaders?)

It wasn't until Platinum that I found out he was Water type >.<

(Off topic: shadorai, the quote in your sig is from Karen, not Agatha haha)
    i'm pretty sure agatha said it first. i have had this as my favorite pokemon quote for some time. but thanks for the insight.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

My best pokemon was a Grumpig I trained to level 84

I am very guilty of holding down the B button while either trying to catch a Pokemon or trying to make my attacks stronger when battling. I really don't believe it works anymore, it just became a habit. Even now, when I do catch a Pokemon or get a critical hit, I kinda believe it works, and that the times it doesn't happen, I feel like I just pressed it at the wrong time or something. Old habits die hard.

Quote Originally Posted by shadorai View Post
    i'm pretty sure agatha said it first. i have had this as my favorite pokemon quote for some time. but thanks for the insight.
    He's right. It was Karen that said that and not Agatha.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

I used a Masterball to capture a Snorlax... I was young and stupid. >.<

Stupid things I've thought were true:
    Ground being weak against flying
    The final evolutions of the Generation 1 starters could evolve further with a moon stone at level 100
    That Gary and your player were siblings
    If you turned on your RBY at night, Pokemon would have the status "cursed" even if you heal them
    Devolving Pokemon would occur if you kept fainting them
    If you lost a certain amount of battles, a witch would take all your Pokemon
    You could only use the Pokemon Center 100 times for each new game you start
    Pokeballs would eventually be sold out after 1000 buys and never restock again

There were a lot more, but I can't remember them alll.

Help these dragons live, click on them.

My first Silver game i also named my rival ???. I was 11, i took his first encounter literally when his name showed up as ???.

I always though that as a kid, your pokemon would not listen to you if you keep losing.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/no61ic.jpg[/IMG]

Credits to FairyWitch for the buttons and Sworn Metalhead for the Userbar!

I believed mashing some sort of button combination helped catch pokemon.

I thought Slowbro evolved into Slowking

In HG/SS when the policeman asked what the trainer who had stolen the Pokemon's name was, I thought that if I put in the wrong answer something bad would happen, so I spent ages trying to remember what it said on his Trainer card (which didn't even tell you -.-) then I looked it up on the net and found out that you just made up his name. Oh.

And yeah, I only ever trained my starter in my first ever game, Sapphire. Thought my Blaziken was invincible. Bad idea.

Oh, and I evolved a Magikarp into Gyrados on one of my games, never replaced Splash because I thought that it was exactly the same as the Waterfall HM and would let me go up waterfalls or whatever, because of the Pokedex entry. When I tried to get up the waterfall I was so disappointed, and then I thought it might work if I didn't evolve the Magikarp, so I caught another one and tried again. What was I thinking?
    Last edited by BlazeTorchic; 1st April 2013 at 7:37 PM.

I used to think Flying types had a resistance to Water-type moves. My Swampert used Water Gun on a Swellow in Dad's gym, and it said so, so that's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

Quote Originally Posted by INeedScizor!61! View Post
    To this day, I press and hold B whenever the ball hits a Pokčmon. Back in Gen I, I thought it made a difference. Now, it just doesn't feel right if I don't do it.
    Dude this is me! I have OCD so if I don't do it, I get really antsy until I do it.
    Within my lifetime, I've done a lot of walking. I started my journey walking on a little path called Route 1. Little did I know that walking down that route would lead me onwards to a road that went by the name of Victory. Just west of Victory Road, I walked up an entire mountain where atop stood a silent trainer who was one of the mightiest I had ever faced. I've walked, through sandstorms, across the hard desert of Hoenn. I've walked through pelting hail, across the snow covered terrains of Sinnoh. And now as I look back on all my travels I find myself walking across the Skyarrow Bridge of Unova. It took a lot of walking through tall grass patches to get where I am today...But it was worth the walk.

Page 115 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast