Page 118 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3604

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

I thought that there was a Deoxys on Mirage Island.
    I also thought that water was super effective on itself.... Imagine my surprise when Misty's Staryu wasn't downed by my Wartortle. Not even close.

-Years and years ago when I was playing my first ever Pokemon game, gold, I thought if you ran into a wild Pokemon you had to reset the game. It wasn't until later that my friend showed me how to battle.
    -I thought that in Gen 4 games there was an invisible hole in a random tile in a random area that, if you fell into it, dropped you into a cavern where you could catch Exis and Linx, the 494th and 495th Pokemon.
    -I didn't know about seafloor cavern in Sapphire, so I spent about 2 months trying to get into the Sootopolis gym until I finally found it by diving randomly.
    -I believed that if you got 4 star pieces and examined the white rock in Emerald, you would be able to catch Deoxys.

One day, me and my friend were talking on the phone. We were bored, so we decided to just browse the GTS. Me and my friend were having a conversation about how shinies were "so rare and, so hard to get", and suddenly my friend was silent. I asked him what was the matter, and he said he JUST FOUND A SHINY SALAMENCE!!!! I was all like WHUT!? He was all like YEAH IMA TRADE MEWTWO FO IT!!! And so I went to that "page" or whatever you wanna call it, and I saw it. I didn't know waht to do so I just...TRADED MY MEWTWO THAT I HAD SPENT OVER 2 HOURS TRYING TO GET. I usually would get upset and regret what I had done and cry. But no, this time I was all happy and I was all like HECKZ YAEH BRO I JUST GOT IT!!!! I personally thought it still was a fair trade though. I mean, its a shiny, come on. After I stopped cheering, my friend was all like WHUT U JUST GOT IT!!!?? I FOUND DAT 1ST WHUT DA HECKS BRO!!!??? And I was like SORRY I JUST WANTED IT ITS A SHINY!!! After about 5 minutes I was tired of hearing his complaining. I, LIKE AN IDIOT GAVE HIM THE SALAMENCE FOR A STARLY. He was all like sorry. i give u my mewtwo? I was all like no...iz ok.....I felt like an idiot and was sad the rest of the day...To this day I am constantly annnoying him about he owes me a mewtwo. I was dumb.
    BUDDER + TORTERRAS = AWESOMENESS

My shinies:
    Gyrados not from Lake of Rage!

BIDOOF PARTAY!!!!

Also X and Y is Kewl. TEAM FLOWERHEAD FTW (Mega Venusaur) :3

I thought bad egg was good and strong so I catch it on purpose and make my game crashed. All data lost, what a BAD egg.

Mew The Gato is offline अद्वितीय संग्राम

After watching the Anime and seeing that Miltank swept Ash's whole team, I started thinking that Miltank was the strongest Pokemon.

I have officially claimed Mew.

I always thought that electric moves were super effective against fire types because thunderbolt was super effective against Charizard

I thought Ice>Rock.

Both me and my friend had Geodude as our first shiny Pokemon. I caught mine, as I thought it was unique 'n stuff. My friend killed his, thinking it was bad. Mwahahaahahah!

And I thought Garchomp was a legend, and if you beat Cynthia 100 times, you could get one.

i did nothing stupid, this games too easy to fail at so hard

As a kid(a smaller kid), I thought HM moves were the best moves in the game. So I taught my Empoleon HM moves only. I found out they f@&#ing sucked, and I did'nt know that there was a move deleter and I thought my Empoleon where trapped with HM moves.

I also cheated a little on the game, and I got a weird pokémon named -----. I tried to switch it out with one of the pokémon in my PC, and the pokémon from my PC dissapeared!
    Last edited by The_Shadow; 21st April 2013 at 2:10 PM.
    Favorite:
    Nr. 571, Zoroark.
    It's so epic!

2# Favorite:
    Nr. 384, Rayquaza.
    But only in black!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shadow View Post
    As a kid(a smaller kid), I thought HM moves were the best moves in the game. So I taught my Empoleon HM moves only. I found out they f@&#ing sucked, and I did'nt know that there was a move deleter and I thought my Empoleon where trapped with HM moves.
    HMs are the most annoying thing. Ever. Get rid of the you-can't-forget-HM-moves rule, game freak!
    So, I once made a decent pikachu puppet in art and thought its name was actually 'Pokemon'!
    Oh, and in an early platinum runthrough, I knew about sendoff spring and tried to go there right after beating Maylene. Heck, I even cheated and let me walk through walls!
    EEVEEEEVEEEEVEEEEVEEEEVEEEEVEEPANCHUMPANCHUMPANCHU MPANCHUMPANCHUMPANCHUM (In case you don't know, I'm obsessed.)
    Panchum has just been announced, but he still ROCKS! (Oh and eevee too )

(Made by Inferno Productions!)

(By the marvellous Mochi10 of fly high request shop!)

Spoiler:- Sponsored threads:

My cousin told me that if you played for more than 10,000 hours on emerald, the berry soil would lose fertility, and Digletts would come to the Hoenn region to plough the soil. :/

My friend told me that if you get past the plants blocking the stairs in some house in Lilycove, you would find a Shiny Magikarp.

And I also believed in the mossdeep space thingy.
    Thanks to Valaraúkar for gifting me this awesome banner, and woebegonenick for making it!
    Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Join The Sinjoh Connection!

I thought that "Special Attack" and "Special Defense" were the same as STAB, ;-; Heh, Heh.

Also I believed that Yellow was the only game you could legitimately obtain Mew, but then I found out it was Mewtwo and I realised my life was a lie.

Not to mention I thought releasing something out of a Master Ball gave you the ball back. Turns out, it didn't XD
    Last edited by Cmack102; 22nd April 2013 at 2:02 PM.

-I had no idea what the difference between Special Attack/Special Defense and Attack/Defense. I thought that it went over to Special Attack/Defense when you "ran out" of Attack of Defense. (Probably got that one from my G/S guidebook where it showed all of that stats, furthering my misunderstanding)
    -Thought Bonsly was a Grass-Type Pokemon.
    -Thought that catching Rayquaza in R/S was some kind of groundbreaking secret discovered by me, so much so that I nearly put the video on the internet with a video camera.
    -Thought that stat-changing moves were worthless.
    -Thought that using an Action Replay to obtain every rare Pokemon/shinies made me cool. :P
    -Didn't save before fainting Kyogre, thinking that you could either have a chance later in the game to catch it, or that if you fainted it, you could try again... Until the next day when my friend broke the news to me that you can't.

I'll probably think of more eventually.
    Winner of the June shiny competition, with 15 points! (three 1/8192 shinies)

Latest shiny! (MM)

Spoiler:- Shinies:

"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."
    -Elite Four Karen

Thinking pikachu was good in the actual game.
    Also thinking that magickarp was legendary. XD

AUBURN WHALE! and Victrendan

Trying so hard to get beaten on the S.S Anne to be able to go again later when I had gotten surf. So much time spent round a pixel van that did nothing.

Not evolving Evee in Red because I couldn't bring myself to losing out on the two evolutions that I didn't choose.

Not really stupid, more like silly, but in Pokemon Gold I used to name my Pokemon after my favourite food. So my Typhlosion was named Lasagne and eventually I found out about the cloning glitch so I cloned it so that I had a party of 6 Lasagnes to beat the Elite Four.
    My shiny Pokemon:
    111 eggs (Also my 649th Pokemon) 194 eggs

Quote Originally Posted by MR DS BOY View Post
    Not really stupid, more like silly, but in Pokemon Gold I used to name my Pokemon after my favourite food. So my Typhlosion was named Lasagne and eventually I found out about the cloning glitch so I cloned it so that I had a party of 6 Lasagnes to beat the Elite Four.
    Oh great I'm getting hungary now lol.
    Any
    My friend code: 2234-8452-2629
    Friend Safai
    PM me if you add

Sorry post got cut off as I was saying Naming my 1st rival Gary; I thought I had to for some reason. Naming all my Snolaxs Fatbastard. Using a gameshark. Thinking there was a mew behind that truck the list goes on.
    My friend code: 2234-8452-2629
    Friend Safai
    PM me if you add

I've thought heaps of stupid things like
    •Jessie and James were husband and wife and Meowth was their child (explaining it being able to talk)
    •Having to mash the A and B buttons when catching a pokemon
    •When my pokemons stats went down in battle it was permanent
    •Shiny pokemon were sick pokemon so I used to kill them to put them "out of their misery"
    There's heaps more stupid stuff I thought but I can't remember all of it

Once, in Gold, I caught unowns "E" "N" "T" "E" and "I" and put them in that order in the party. Supposedly, I'd get a Celebi if I went to the Ilex shrine like that. I crossed all of Ilex with those low level unowns only to find disappointment.
    "You can't tell me what I can't do" -John Locke

Quote Originally Posted by cmpunk1 View Post
    Trying so hard to get beaten on the S.S Anne to be able to go again later when I had gotten surf. So much time spent round a pixel van that did nothing.

Not evolving Evee in Red because I couldn't bring myself to losing out on the two evolutions that I didn't choose.
    I did the same exact thing. I remember feeling my heartbeat speeding up after I had lost on the ship... and then came the disappointment.

I thought Ground didn't resist Rock. I just now figured out it does.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Oh boy, I just remembered this one. When I was over my friend's CJ's house, (also my friend edmund was there, the one from the mewtwo-salamence incident), we decided to go on this website called youtube. This is when I first discovered youtube. CJ said it was a cool website with pokemon videos. Ok. Fine. We were watching some videos, and somehow, we stumbled upon this video. I'm not sure if it was a hack or if it was fake using like a videomaker or whatever, but back to what the video was. The guy was plaing firered and was in this cave. He walked up a few stairs and there was a platform. There was a pokemon there. It looked like mew's overworld sprite. But it wasn't. When the battle started, I remember awesome music playing. As the guy sent out his blastoise, we could finally see what the other pokemon was. Poopie. That's right. It was called poopie. It's sprite was a log of poo. Oh boy. I BELIEVD IT WAS REAL. I went home telling my mom that there was a pokemon called poopie. I even tried going in every cave in pokemon diamond trying to find it. Here is the fun part. My friends knew it was fake. One day, I went to school saying, I can't find poopie. First of all, I got in trouble for saying poopie. And my friends were like, but poopie isn't real. I was like OHHHH. ok. And that's it. I didn't even feel dumb. I went on with my day. (exept for the fact that I got sad when I got in trouble) I was DUMB. x2 (sorry for long post)
    Last edited by budderytorterra7; 25th April 2013 at 2:00 AM.
    BUDDER + TORTERRAS = AWESOMENESS

My shinies:
    Gyrados not from Lake of Rage!

BIDOOF PARTAY!!!!

Also X and Y is Kewl. TEAM FLOWERHEAD FTW (Mega Venusaur) :3

I also thought that Rock was weak to Ice because of the plentiful Rock/Ground types we see around the games. I was wrong.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I believed that if you raise a Weedle to level 100 that he'll get a kink in his horn. I guess we'll never find out.

Page 118 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast