Page 119 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 4045

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Well at the start of Unova when i saw Alomola I screamed out "LUVDISC EVO! FINALLY"
    I was wrong.
    I though starters were unbeatable so I only trained my starter,
    I thought if a PP of a move ran out you could never use it again no matter what.
    and many more

When I was a kid I used to play Gold on an emulator - I didn't have a GBC and there was a guide in some magazine I used to buy back in the day so dad set it up for me. Anyway, whenever I picked my starter I didn't realize you're being asked to nickname it, so I would try to remember the Pokemon's name and then enter it in the nickname field. I didn't know about gyms so I would just run around until I found the Sudowoodo and I had no idea how to get past it, so I would restart the game and play it over and over again. Plus, I'm pretty sure I didn't know you could save the game anyway.

... All this can be explained with the fact that I didn't speak English back then.

I thought that Gyarados was all powerful before Gen IV. I didn't realise that its Sp. ATK was horrible and all of its STAB moves were kinda weak.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

The red and blue rumor that you could use strength on the truck near the S.S. Anne and get mew.
    Y Team
        Spoiler:- Omega Sapphire Team:

I thougt water was super effective on fighting, because Machop appeared in caves, like Geodude.
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

I used a master ball on caterpie.
    I used to teach my pokemon moves of their own type only.
    String Shot + Silver Wind + Aerial Ace + Gust on
    Surf + Dive + Waterfall + Muddy Water on
    Last edited by Silicone; 30th April 2013 at 9:15 AM.

I also thought that Grass is weak to Psychic. Guess I just got used to Grass/Poison Pokémon.

Before I knew anything about what Pokemon actually was, I saw an ad in some magazine (prob Nintendo Power) and I thought Pikachu evolved into Snorlax (similar ears) and that Snorlax's name was "Pokemon" and it was the most powerful.
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

I remember my "melting theory." I noticed very early on that, despite still being "not very effective," Fire-type attacks would do a lot more damage to Rock Pokemon than Normal or Flying attacks would. I developed a theory that my Fire Pokemon were, in fact, melting down the Rock Pokemon into a molten liquid state. I couldn't think of any other reason for this phenomenon!
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    I remember my "melting theory." I noticed very early on that, despite still being "not very effective," Fire-type attacks would do a lot more damage to Rock Pokemon than Normal or Flying attacks would. I developed a theory that my Fire Pokemon were, in fact, melting down the Rock Pokemon into a molten liquid state. I couldn't think of any other reason for this phenomenon!
    You are almost correct about this one though. Rock-types usually (I said usually: Shuckle is a huge exception) have terrible Sp. Def. stats. Given that back then, Normal and Flying type moves were classed as physical while Fire type moves were classed as special, Fire-type moves would usually cause more damage than a Normal- or Flying-type move to the Rock-type. Though you could one-up this by using a Water- or Grass-type move anyway. Could be a good canonical method to explain why Fire-type attacks would do a lot more damage to Rock Pokemon than Normal or Flying-type attacks would. Also a good reason why Fire-type moves are classes as one of the five most powerful type of moves in Bulbapedia (reasonable coverage, but massive damage).
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I don't know if it's really all that ridiculous of an assumption, but I used to think Banette's zippered mouth was a row of yellow teeth with one really long tooth on one end.

I HAVE DIANCIE, POKEBANK CELEBI, AND SOME SHINIES FOR TRADE.

THE LIST MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME.
    PM IF INTERESTED.

i will say that because of the tcg i thought that electric types were weak to fighting types. i didn't realise it wasn't until my friend pointed it out.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I released my Nidoking in Pokemon Yellow because I didn't know what the word meant at the time.
    My shiny Pokemon:
    111 eggs (Also my 649th Pokemon) 194 eggs

Quote Originally Posted by MR DS BOY View Post
    I released my Nidoking in Pokemon Yellow because I didn't know what the word meant at the time.
    What a waste...

I also thought that when you release a Pokemon, the Pokéball you used to capture it will return back to you, because its inhabitant is gone and I thought that you could reuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Italianbaptist View Post
    Before I knew anything about what Pokemon actually was, I saw an ad in some magazine (prob Nintendo Power) and I thought Pikachu evolved into Snorlax (similar ears) and that Snorlax's name was "Pokemon" and it was the most powerful.
    That's....interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011
    I also thought that when you release a Pokemon, the Pokéball you used to capture it will return back to you, because its inhabitant is gone and I thought that you could reuse it.
    I love this idea, Nintendo should do this ASAP!

As a kid I thought many things. I dont now. One thing, I thought faintged pokemon who are not one of mine DIED. (UNTIL I saw the anime) I also thought that ALL pokemon were genderless. (again the anime cleared this up for me) I thought also that maybe Pokemon were created by humans in a lab (no idea why I thought this XD)

When I first played Emerald when I was little, I had no idea what the PC was. When I first opened the Pokemon Storage System, I thought it was a minigame or something. I thought you could only ever have 6 pokemon at a time.
    Platinum FC: 3438 9213 7612
    White FC: 5372 3970 3594
    Black2 FC: 2280 4478 7008
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Homsar135

I was playing Platinum tonight, and remembered something so stupid that it made me facepalm: I thought that Pokerus was a bad thing. Even funnier was the fact that I knew what it was, but as soon as I learned that me Sudowoodo on Crystal had it, I forgot what it was, panicked, shoved it in the PC box and deleted my game. I regret it even now.

At least now my reaction is just "Whoa, what? My <generic Pokémon here> has Pokerus? Cool!"
    FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

Current Nuzlocke Team (Black):
    Hogden (level 25), Bonanza (level 25), Privee (level 24), Chickadee (level 24), Lindsey (level 24), Mersault (level 31)
    Deaths: 1

(White 2):
    Joust, level 20, Duster, level 20, FL047.exe, level 23, Sora, level 20, Calla, Ravio, level 20

I used to think Mewtwo evolved into Mew. XD
    No one hears muffled screams. No one sees faded tears.

Like some people in this thread, I once believed a lowering stat move was permanent. xP

I thought Bidoof was a dog. At the time, my Poke's nicknames were what I thought they were (hence my Bronzor being called 'Thing'). When it evolved, Bidoof's line turned out to be beavers. So I had a beaver called 'dog' -.-

Also, I somehow thought Mewtwo was supposed to have Wonder Guard. When I discovered Pokésav, I hacked a Mewtwo with Wonder Guard, and ever since I create overlord teams, my Mewtwo gets Wonder Guard...
    Last edited by appelpower; 3rd May 2013 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer Tee View Post
    Like some people in this thread, I once believed a lowering stat move was permanent. xP
    Me too!

Even now, I mash A whenever I want a critical hit or to catch a Pokemon.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

I first thought PC meant Personal Computer.

Page 119 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast