Page 119 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3854

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Oh I remember, it took me so much time to actually know I was wrong.
    I thought that Special Attack meant moves that are super effective against and Special Defense was your defense for super effective moves.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Well at the start of Unova when i saw Alomola I screamed out "LUVDISC EVO! FINALLY"
    I was wrong.
    I though starters were unbeatable so I only trained my starter,
    I thought if a PP of a move ran out you could never use it again no matter what.
    and many more

When I was a kid I used to play Gold on an emulator - I didn't have a GBC and there was a guide in some magazine I used to buy back in the day so dad set it up for me. Anyway, whenever I picked my starter I didn't realize you're being asked to nickname it, so I would try to remember the Pokemon's name and then enter it in the nickname field. I didn't know about gyms so I would just run around until I found the Sudowoodo and I had no idea how to get past it, so I would restart the game and play it over and over again. Plus, I'm pretty sure I didn't know you could save the game anyway.

... All this can be explained with the fact that I didn't speak English back then.

I thought that Gyarados was all powerful before Gen IV. I didn't realise that its Sp. ATK was horrible and all of its STAB moves were kinda weak.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

The red and blue rumor that you could use strength on the truck near the S.S. Anne and get mew.
    Omega Sapphire team

I thougt water was super effective on fighting, because Machop appeared in caves, like Geodude.
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

I used a master ball on caterpie.
    I used to teach my pokemon moves of their own type only.
    String Shot + Silver Wind + Aerial Ace + Gust on
    Surf + Dive + Waterfall + Muddy Water on
    Last edited by Silicone; 30th April 2013 at 10:15 AM.

I also thought that Grass is weak to Psychic. Guess I just got used to Grass/Poison Pokémon.

Before I knew anything about what Pokemon actually was, I saw an ad in some magazine (prob Nintendo Power) and I thought Pikachu evolved into Snorlax (similar ears) and that Snorlax's name was "Pokemon" and it was the most powerful.
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

My mane pokeymanz in x
    facebook.com/geeksforjesus
    2ds friend code - 4613 7899 0504
    Looking for: purified shadow pokemon, pokemon in hg/ss exclusive pokeballs, y exclusive mega stones

I remember my "melting theory." I noticed very early on that, despite still being "not very effective," Fire-type attacks would do a lot more damage to Rock Pokemon than Normal or Flying attacks would. I developed a theory that my Fire Pokemon were, in fact, melting down the Rock Pokemon into a molten liquid state. I couldn't think of any other reason for this phenomenon!
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Rayze Darr View Post
    I remember my "melting theory." I noticed very early on that, despite still being "not very effective," Fire-type attacks would do a lot more damage to Rock Pokemon than Normal or Flying attacks would. I developed a theory that my Fire Pokemon were, in fact, melting down the Rock Pokemon into a molten liquid state. I couldn't think of any other reason for this phenomenon!
    You are almost correct about this one though. Rock-types usually (I said usually: Shuckle is a huge exception) have terrible Sp. Def. stats. Given that back then, Normal and Flying type moves were classed as physical while Fire type moves were classed as special, Fire-type moves would usually cause more damage than a Normal- or Flying-type move to the Rock-type. Though you could one-up this by using a Water- or Grass-type move anyway. Could be a good canonical method to explain why Fire-type attacks would do a lot more damage to Rock Pokemon than Normal or Flying-type attacks would. Also a good reason why Fire-type moves are classes as one of the five most powerful type of moves in Bulbapedia (reasonable coverage, but massive damage).
    Everyone together! · 大家聚合!· Alles zusammen! · 모두 함께! · 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I don't know if it's really all that ridiculous of an assumption, but I used to think Banette's zippered mouth was a row of yellow teeth with one really long tooth on one end.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

i will say that because of the tcg i thought that electric types were weak to fighting types. i didn't realise it wasn't until my friend pointed it out.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I released my Nidoking in Pokemon Yellow because I didn't know what the word meant at the time.
    My shiny Pokemon:
    111 eggs (Also my 649th Pokemon) 194 eggs

Quote Originally Posted by MR DS BOY View Post
    I released my Nidoking in Pokemon Yellow because I didn't know what the word meant at the time.
    What a waste...

I also thought that when you release a Pokemon, the Pokéball you used to capture it will return back to you, because its inhabitant is gone and I thought that you could reuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Italianbaptist View Post
    Before I knew anything about what Pokemon actually was, I saw an ad in some magazine (prob Nintendo Power) and I thought Pikachu evolved into Snorlax (similar ears) and that Snorlax's name was "Pokemon" and it was the most powerful.
    That's....interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011
    I also thought that when you release a Pokemon, the Pokéball you used to capture it will return back to you, because its inhabitant is gone and I thought that you could reuse it.
    I love this idea, Nintendo should do this ASAP!

As a kid I thought many things. I dont now. One thing, I thought faintged pokemon who are not one of mine DIED. (UNTIL I saw the anime) I also thought that ALL pokemon were genderless. (again the anime cleared this up for me) I thought also that maybe Pokemon were created by humans in a lab (no idea why I thought this XD)

When I first played Emerald when I was little, I had no idea what the PC was. When I first opened the Pokemon Storage System, I thought it was a minigame or something. I thought you could only ever have 6 pokemon at a time.
    Platinum FC: 3438 9213 7612
    White FC: 5372 3970 3594
    Black2 FC: 2280 4478 7008
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Homsar135

I was playing Platinum tonight, and remembered something so stupid that it made me facepalm: I thought that Pokerus was a bad thing. Even funnier was the fact that I knew what it was, but as soon as I learned that me Sudowoodo on Crystal had it, I forgot what it was, panicked, shoved it in the PC box and deleted my game. I regret it even now.

At least now my reaction is just "Whoa, what? My <generic Pokémon here> has Pokerus? Cool!"
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I used to think Mewtwo evolved into Mew. XD
    No one hears muffled screams. No one sees faded tears.

Like some people in this thread, I once believed a lowering stat move was permanent. xP

I thought Bidoof was a dog. At the time, my Poke's nicknames were what I thought they were (hence my Bronzor being called 'Thing'). When it evolved, Bidoof's line turned out to be beavers. So I had a beaver called 'dog' -.-

Also, I somehow thought Mewtwo was supposed to have Wonder Guard. When I discovered Pokésav, I hacked a Mewtwo with Wonder Guard, and ever since I create overlord teams, my Mewtwo gets Wonder Guard...
    Last edited by appelpower; 4th May 2013 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN Trainer Tee View Post
    Like some people in this thread, I once believed a lowering stat move was permanent. xP
    Me too!

Even now, I mash A whenever I want a critical hit or to catch a Pokemon.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

I first thought PC meant Personal Computer.

Page 119 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast