Page 120 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 3703

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Same here, but if I bred a Shiny Gyarados. Turns out the parents being shiny doesn't make a difference of the chances of the hatched Pokemon being shiny. :/

Also try not to double post, it's against the rules, except in certain cases.

Quote Originally Posted by The-End View Post
    Same here, but if I bred a Shiny Gyarados. Turns out the parents being shiny doesn't make a difference of the chances of the hatched Pokemon being shiny. :/
    Heh, I also used to believe in this principle back in the RS days.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

I killed uxie and azelf because I spent too much time trying to catch them. By too much time, I mean 15 minutes. I had a horrible attention span. I was like "oops look like I can't catch em all" like an idiot. I was really lucky platinum came out. Except i wasn't and decided to kill uxie and azelf in platinum too. Like an idiot. So then I got a Japanese platinum because "why not?" I couldn't beat it because I couldn't figure out what to do, so it took me forever to beat it. And when I finally did, I surprisingly wasn't an idiot and caught them both. So then I traded them to my main platinum. Then I learned about this site and learned more about pokemon besides the basics. I even learned about ev's and Iv's when I was only 8. So then I was like "OH MY GOSH I CAN USE THE MASUDA METHOD TO GET A SHINY UXIE OR AZLEF!!!" So I put them in the daycare. I rode around on my bike for a while. I was like "why didn't I get an egg yet?" So I kept riding around. I asked my friends and they didn't know why I didn't get an egg yet. So I kept doing this for 2 weeks before one of my friends found out that you can't breed ledgendaries. Double fail. I didn't catch azelf and uxie in my diamond AND English platinum so I had to buy a Japanese one. And I tried to use the Masuda method on uxie and azelf. Also I knew about EV's and IV's and the Masuda method before I knew that Ledgendaries could breed. So I guess I was really stupid, yet really smart? I don't know.
    BUDDER + TORTERRAS = AWESOMENESS

My shinies:
    Gyrados not from Lake of Rage!

BIDOOF PARTAY!!!!

Also X and Y is Kewl. TEAM FLOWERHEAD FTW (Mega Venusaur) :3

For the longest time I was sure that, in Sapphire, the old lady that heals your pokemon in route 111 had some secret. Every time she heals your pokemon, she insists that they are still tired and offers to heal them again. I kept letting her heal my pokemon for several minutes, expecting her to do something different after so many times, but nothing happened... I was so confused.

When I was 5, I used to think that whenever one of my pokemon got poisoned and the screen started flashing outside of battle, that the Gameboy's batteries were running low and that I needed to replace them. Boy was I stupid.
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/30nc01x.png[/IMG]

PASBL
    | Clock shop on Hiatus | Tumblr
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/swtmiw.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Ding Ding Sparkle Sparkle:

Whenever I try to catch a roaming Pokémon, and the Pokémon happened to be in the same area as I am, I save the game to make sure that if this backfires, I can do this again. So I went in and battled that Raikou in FireRed. My Mean Look Gengar got KO'd so it fled. I restarted, thinking that it'd be peaches and cream, only to find out that it was in another area. I didn't know about this yet...

Ah, so much stupidity of my younger self.

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo1999 View Post
    I used to think Slowbro evolved into Slowking ^.^'
    same here!
    I love every Pokemon!

I thought that the way to get Umbreon and espeon was to use either a Mon stone or a sun stone on eevee.

Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?
    Look no further than the
    Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!
    Come say hello in our Time Out thread and we'll get you started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary pokémon? The choice is yours!

I used to think that if you maxed out frustration on Togepi he would evolve into the more powerful Togechoochoo. Poor Togepi...

I thought you could catch Ho-oh or Lugia in the Ruins of Alph.

Holding down L would do more damage.

Or when you tried to use a registered item (like a bike) inside, and the game would say, professor < blank> words echoed, " there's a time and place for everything but not now!" I had no idea what was going on.

And I didn't know you had to use HM cut to cut down the small trees...

Last edited by JTurls97; 12th June 2013 at 4:41 AM.

Credit for this banner goes to Rikku Takanashi

Credit for this banner goes to Chapter of Charizard

I also used to use Psychic moves all the time against Non-Poison type Grass Pokémon, thinking that Grass types were weak to Psychic moves. Turns out that I was just too used to Grass/Poisons.

keeping missigno and leveling it up, it deleted my save file in yellow.

doing the whole ss.anne thing just to catch mew.

I thought the only way too catch legendaries was with a masterball and that I could just buy more masterballs later.

Credit for this banner goes to Rikku Takanashi

Credit for this banner goes to Chapter of Charizard

Every time I would go to the beach or my local pool, I would always pretend that I was a water type trainer.

He Will Be Loved l Sig By Sworn Metalhead

Every time I would go to the beach or my local pool, I would always pretend that I was a water type trainer.

He Will Be Loved l Sig By Sworn Metalhead

I forgot to save right before Giratina in Platinum and accidentally KO'd it... And I saved afterwards. No going back, there.
    Also, when Gen 4 came out, I had no idea what a Hariyama was, so of course when I first saw it, I was like. "What is that thing?"
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

I used to think Slowbro evolved into Slowking, took me years to figure out that wasn't the case. Also didn't realise Remoraid evolved into Octillery.

There were loads of things like the Mew under the truck & the GS Ball in the Shrine to get Celebi too.

Oh & I STILL mash the A button when trying to catch Pokémon, even though I know it's rubbish.
    X FC: 0533-5528-5272

Friend Safari: Fighting, Pancham/Machoke/Riolu

RMT Trick Room Singles

I used to deem status-affecting moves useless, until I got into competitive battling and saw how effective they were that they even became a part of my casual plays.

Quote Originally Posted by appelpower View Post
    (...) At the time, my Poke's nicknames were what I thought they were (hence my Bronzor being called 'Thing').
    Thing. That's adorable, haha

wow jst wow u r just critisizing people when u probaly thought u can train pokemon to level x im not sayin i hadnt had my faults thefirst time i plyed i made evee into leafeon i didnt like it so i wanted flareon and man i wus bummbed
    lifewut about it

Quote Originally Posted by lightrealm3.14 View Post
    wow jst wow u r just critisizing people when u probaly thought u can train pokemon to level x im not sayin i hadnt had my faults thefirst time i plyed i made evee into leafeon i didnt like it so i wanted flareon and man i wus bummbed
    The hell is wrong with you?

Anyways, when I first played red Golbats sprite gave me nightmares and I thought it would pop out around corners...
    Too uncreative to make a new sig...

I used to think that Groudon was part Fire type and Kyogre was part Ice. For some reason, I was also obsessed with the stupidest nicknames for pokemon that I would never use. (I have a hitmonlee from my leafgreen called firekicky9... not quite proud of it). Not to mention my Aggron with Fire Blast, Thunder, Blizzard, and Hyper beam
    Most Recent Shiny!

MyAnimeList
    3DS FRIEND CODE:4983-5418-8982 | IGN: Colby
    Friend Safari:
    Self Obtained Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Zekromaster826 View Post
    I used to think that Groudon was part Fire type
    I used to think so as well, back when I was still a fresh Pokéfan and I used to tell my classmates around about Groudon's Fire-type misconception.

Page 120 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast