Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181
Results 4,501 to 4,509 of 4509

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Games View Post
    When I was a kid, I thought that evolution was more like metamorphosis
    It is. Much more like it than real-world evolution, in any case. An individual being can't evolve.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Satomine Night for the awesome banner, and Mechadragon X for the sprite in it!

I used to think that all Pokémon who evolve by leveling up will evolve faster if you use a stone on them (example: Charmander evolves at level 16, but using a Fire Stone, I could make him evolve instantly, regardless of the level he was). I became pretty disappointed when I realized thta this don't work.
    Currently playing Pokémon Moon (and many other Pokémon games on emulators).

Pretty much relying exclusively on my starter Pokemon because I wasn't smart enough to rotate my lead Pokemon outside of battle. This pretty much playing Pokemon Gold my only Pokemon that were any good were Meganium, Lugia, and Ho-Oh (the latter two only because they were already at high levels to begin with)

Naming the rival in Gold/Silver as ??? because I took the whole ??? wants to battle literally and thought that was his actual name (I was 8)

I used to really think Lance had a crush on me back when I was playing crystal XD......even if I may of been old enough to know better o_O;;;
    PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE TO LEARN WHAT MAKES ME TICK AND STUFF. its important to me...
    PLEASE don't call me a 'guy'. Its a real pet peeve of mine with my autism and how my brain work's. thank you...
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.

*drool's over her kawaiiness x3*
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~ Well, i'm actually bi, but korrina's really the only 'attractive to me' character i ever dare look at on a daily basis, soo... :P
    I have autism too

I'm not a kid and I left the text speed on normal for the entire time I've been playing Moon up until yesterday. I CANNOT believe I forgot to change that. It's like a whole new game, LOL! I probably racked up a few hours of play time with just the text alone.

Quote Originally Posted by gentwoer View Post
    Pretty much relying exclusively on my starter Pokemon because I wasn't smart enough to rotate my lead Pokemon outside of battle.
    I did that as well when I first played Red and Blue, although even in hindsight I don't know if I'd consider that to be a bad decision on my part. While my Starter Pokemon in each of those games struggled due to me relying on them so much, at least the bright side was that they reached Level 100 quickly, which was all I cared about when I was a kid.

Here's some 'stupid' stuff i thought this year;
    NEBBY AND THE ULTRA BEASTS ARE NOT POKEMON

Now I know they are, thanks to bulbapedia, and every other 'creature' in pokemon games just HAS to be a pokemon XD
    PLEASE READ MY SIGNATURE TO LEARN WHAT MAKES ME TICK AND STUFF. its important to me...
    PLEASE don't call me a 'guy'. Its a real pet peeve of mine with my autism and how my brain work's. thank you...
    Gay, happy triox! Wait, gay also means happy, right? :P Riiight?
    I have a MAJOR crush on korrina and i think she's totally awesome! best gym leader ever. Should be a champion.

*drool's over her kawaiiness x3*
    ~Lipstick Lesbian and Proud~ Well, i'm actually bi, but korrina's really the only 'attractive to me' character i ever dare look at on a daily basis, soo... :P
    I have autism too

I would always go into dark caves without flash and then spend far longer then needed trying to get out.
    3DS FC: 3179-6085-8089 IGN: Branden Friend Safari: Normal
    My events list

When I first heard of breeding in GSC, like how parent Pokemon don't have to be same species and how one gets baby Pokemon such as Elekid, Magby etc,. I thought I could get any Pokemon if I just put right parent combo into day care such as Dragonite + Aerodactyl = maybe Charmander, or Seadra + Dragonair = alternative way to obtain Kingdra. Obviously learning the mechanics was disappointing news.

Another failed attempt was trying to breed Kadabra with Hypno thinking I'd get Abra with Hypnosis as long as it's in Hypno's movepool... :P
    "You're supposed to troubleshoot the system but instead you seem to be perpetually interested in finding ways make a mess of it!"

Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181