Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178
Results 4,426 to 4,432 of 4432

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Trying to breed Latias and Latios because the internet told me. I would mention trying to breed Gardevoir with a humanshape Pokemon, but that's common sense
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

I used to thought that Raichu was Pikachu's brother/cousin.
    IT: IT's better than flying!

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    I would mention trying to breed Gardevoir with a humanshape Pokemon, but that's common sense
    I tried this when I started to breed by egg groups. I was curious to why my Gardevoir haven't produced an egg for a long time. When I found out what Gardevoir's egg group belongs to, my jaw dropped for a long time. What's worse is I was already in my late teens when I tried this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini310 View Post
    Speaking of evolution families, I once thought the Pidgey line goes like this: Pidgeotto -> Pidgeot -> Pidgey. I had an argument with my cousin with this since he thinks that the line goes like this: Pidgey -> Pidgeot -> Pidgeotto. I watched my cousin play Pokemon Blue to prove each other's arguments. When we found out the Pidgey evolves into Pidgeotto, we then realized that both of us were wrong.

xerxes is offline ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

Quote Originally Posted by octoboy View Post
    Wasn't there a radio station in the 2nd generation games that played flute music? I think that's how I remember my cousin doing it (I haven't played a Johto game myself)
    Oh right, I think that was it in HGSS. Unfortunately, little me didn't use the radio much and didn't think that the stations would be different in Kanto. There's probably NPCs that tell you this but I didn't understand it. Ah well!
    ビビビビィト コンティニューズ!!!(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

latest shiny

DexNav @ 252 encounters

16/01/2017
    [ alpha sapphire ]

current hunt: marine life of hoenn, [moon ball] minior

I'm not sure if this qualifies as stupid but tactically it probably wasn't the best idea. I made sure that my Hitmonlee knew metronome just so it would do random odd moves. It was back in gen 1 so Hitmonlee wasn't exactly gifted with the best moves at the time but mine due to this just kept doing random ones and in most battles i did this instead of it's regular moves . Was it fun? absolutely, but i'll admit it wasn't necessarily the best use.

Back in the days of RBY when I finally made it to Celadon City and bought a Fire Stone, I was so confused when it wouldn't work on my Charmeleon. I was so frustrated because Charizard was the coolest pokémon ever and I wanted it. I thought the evolution stones would work on any pokémon of that type, and it'd just evolve them immediately as opposed to having to raise them to a certain level. Evolution in those days was still so obscure, before the days of everything being available on the internet. Also took me forever to figure out Trade Evolutions existed (I leveled Haunter all the way to level 70 completely confused as to why it still hadn't evolved into Gengar), and even longer after that to figure out without internet how to evolve Seadra, Scyther, and Onix in the days of GSC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini310 View Post
    Depending on your perspective and breeding, he is
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178