Page 103 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3855

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

spammed with Rare Candies because I thought my Pokemon actually grew stronger.
    And Stat-moves that did not damage the oponent were useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalricus View Post
    spammed with Rare Candies because I thought my Pokemon actually grew stronger.
    And Stat-moves that did not damage the oponent were useless.
    ^this! I also killed mewtwo in R/B, reset, and then used my master ball on Onix or something.

B

PS - you sig pic is freaking awesome!!!
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    You know, you can go back for defeated legendaries after beating the Elite 4. It's in the guidebooks.
    Not in Diamond/Pearl.

Quote Originally Posted by TherianForm View Post
    I thought Potions were Potties
    I think you win the thread. xD That's priceless...

And, these aren't stories from my life, but this one 8-year-old kid at work likes to talk to me about pokemon. Among many others that I still haven't deciphered he's training up a Gavulanch and a Seeszoad.

But I shouldn't talk. For years I was convinced that Gyarados was Guy-YAR-a-dose. And I was more than twice his age at the time. Just a lazy reader sometimes. Even recently, it took me forever to realize that there's only one "o" in Scolipede. Thought it was Scoliopede. xD

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

I thought the Scientist in the Mossdeep Space Center would fly you to the moon. (-_-)

I thought professor oak was god. That all changed when diamond and pearl came along. Bidoof became god.
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

A very, very special credit to Rayce for giving me a timid thunderus ( the milos island one too.) after seeking it for half a year. He really did bend over backwards to get it to me, and I'm very grateful for that.

BARRELS! >:-(
    Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...or-Swift-Club)

This is mine and liz azzimagicas taylor swift fan club!

If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Me,Liz azzimagica,doodlebug and dr ciel are the taylor swift fans of serebii!
    4857 4427 2582: FC for white 2

Quote Originally Posted by wobbanut View Post
    You know, you can go back for defeated legendaries after beating the Elite 4. It's in the guidebooks.
    Not before Platinum.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I thought the Scientist in the Mossdeep Space Center would fly you to the moon. (-_-)
    lol, i believed this too, I also believed that was how you got Deoxys

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

I thought volbeat evlolved into illumise
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I thought Plusle and Minun could evolve through the use of a Thunderstone. (>.>)

In Pokemon Fire/red i use all my pokeballs to catch the marowak's ghost, and then i use all my pokemons to defeat him, then i get mad and trew my gameboy to the floor with all my strength and my game boy broke ;( then i figure up that i have to defeat him and not to cacht it

just recently...did a trade back with my little cousin and he thought it would be funny to use the shiny AR code on it....little punk!!

long story short, it could have potentially cost me a trading buddy if I hadn't have realized it.

Lesson: Don't play Pokemon with family...its not worth it.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)

Umm... is that really a stupid thing you thought/did when you were a kid? I mean, it was just a little while ago, and it was a stupid thing your cousin did, not you.
    I don't have a signature because I can't think of anything interesting to put in it. But hey, better than an enormous ugly banner that takes five seconds to scroll past, right?

no it wasnt when I was a kid (although i still consider myself a kid at heart). it does none the less fit the profile because it was something stupid that I was involved with pertaining to pokemon

B

Not knowing that the PC existed...Ugh...

I thought if you go to different Pokemon Centers, different Pokemon would be in the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Metagross8 View Post
    back before I had a guide or the internet, I spent hours waiting for my zapdos to breed. I feel stupid for not even thinking that a legendary couldn't breed.
    I did the same thing but with Latias and Latios thinking they could breed together...

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    I did the same thing but with Latias and Latios thinking they could breed together...
    I did this, and a Ditto and a Mewtwo would make a Mew. *facepalm*

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by Todophile View Post
    I remember getting to Jubelife City in Diamond and being like "Oh my god what is this place is this place some kind of hidden secret town?" and my nephew was like "SAVE! SAVE!"
    ^ This was my brother and I with Pewter City on LeafGreen. xD

Entering the bug contest on Pokémon silver, catching myself the first pokémon I saw, and then using cut on every grasspatch so no one could get a Pokémon, technically, I would win. But still lost. Hell, that was 10 years ago.

I''ve been playing since Yelllow so as you could imagine, I have done a lot of foolish things in my time. Highlights of what I can rememner now include:

G1 (Yellow, Red and Blue)

When I was young and got my very first Pokemon game, like many others, I didn't know how to save. I caught a Pikachu and a Caterpie and then turned it off. when I found out, I cried my eyes out for the caterpie. I thought the poor thing had finally found a trainer only to be left alone again.

I thought the SS Anna would leave as soon as you stepped of it, whether you had caught or not. In addition, I tended to forget about the bed there that could be used to restore your Pokemon so I basically had to fight a marathon every time I went there.

Trained only a select few Pokemon. In any party, there would be a maximum of three high levelled Pokemon. My starter (Pikachu) A Nidoking/Queen and a Pidgeot. I was convinced that Pidgeot was the best Pokemon in the world and itd never let me down. Surprsingly, it very rarely did.

Before I got my own game, I borrowed my friend's. I couldn't figure out how to do anythiing or catch anything so when he got it back in a week, it was still exactly as he had left it.

Unlike a lot of people, I actually didn't buy into the Pikablue thing. I knew it wasn't real from the start. What confused me was why everyone else insisted that it was? And why they acted all upset when it turned out it wasn't.

Could never figure out how to find the birds or Mewtwo.

One of my friends abused glitches to get multiple Mewtwos. I insisted on taking him on in battle after battle even though I had no chance.

G2 (Silver, Gold, etc)

Never believed that Unowns were a real thing. Never caught the dogs ether. Not untiil many years later with SoulSilver.

Couldn't figure out how to get past a certan animate tree and spent weeks wandering Goldenrod City until I lucked into it.

Caught the Red Gyarados but never considered it to be special. Thought it was just a freak mutation from Team Rocket's experiment.

On a related note, I didn't believe in Shinies. I had never seen one and so considered it improbable considering how long I had been playing.

When my silver was damaged because I left it in my pocket and it got washed, I felt really guilty because of all the Pokemon I had doomed my entire team to never win the leagues. When I got a new silver, I decided to re-collect them assuming they'd be the same ones. ( And I was damned if I wasn't going to keep my word and give them a victory XD )

3rd Gen

Nothing really springs to mind at the moment. I was too isolated to really pick up on rumours like the whole space-thing. I am sure I made a lot of mistakes but I'll post them when I remember them.

4th Gen.

Just one mistake, but a rather big one. I forgot the 4th Gen existed. And I don't mean that to say I got bored or the or something. I literally forgot they ever existed. A whole generation of Pokemon I didn't recognise or remember. It was only later when I realized, ''My god, 4th gen exists

5th Gen

I still use A+B+Down when Catching Pokemon. I know it has no effect, but eh, habits die hard.

I nicknamed a Pawniard Rodriguez because it sort of reminded me of this Mexican hitchiker from the movie "The Outsiders" which whipped out a switchblade in self defense against a white greaser who sucker punched him due to skin color. Funny thing is, I have mexican cousins, so this would create a quiet awkward dinner table moment at a family reunion if they ever found out...
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

Only noob thing i can remember is raising only my Charizard in Red back in 98, zippo was lv 98 and my second highest was a lv 42 haunter. And not using stat boosting moves, I didn't use them until Dragon Dance opened my eyes to how useful they can be. Now I always have swords dance or dragon dance on pokes

Does trading my Bellsprout for an Onix count? That was pretty stupid of me. ^^

Page 103 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast