Page 127 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 3749

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

When I was 7 I just ran around in circles for fun in pokemon platinum, I guess thats why it says I played it for 750 hours.
    Pokemon I need:

I thought if I really tried enough times, I could catch another Trainer's Pokémon.

Also, I must have tried a thousand times to snatch up May's PokéBall in Emerald. I thought if I did it enough, it would eventually let me take it.

I'm not sure why I thought repetition was key, but somehow, I was convinced that anything would work if you did it enough times. Like telling Birch I didn't want to meet his kid, or telling Brewster I wanted to let my coffee cool.

|||But touch my tears with your lips, touch my world with your fingertips, and we can have forever.|||
    |||tumblr.|||Wattpad|||Twitter|||deviantART|||

I put Hyper Beam and Dynamicpunch on everything that could learn then in Silver because they were totally the best moves ever.

Not talking about the games, but I used to trade my Pokémon cards for Digimon cards. Feels stupid thinking about it now.

I always thought Water gun was an actual move where a water gun would appear and the pokemon would use it.

I was disappointed when i found out it wasn't.

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

Put moves on a Pokémon that I thought sounded cool, even though it was completely useless... like having both Thunder and Thunderbolt on the same Pokémon. Or physical attacks on a Pokémon with high special and vice versa.

Trying to trade a regular onix holding a nugget just that it would evolve into a shiny steelix.
    My cousin showed me his shiny steelix , and when I asked him how he got one he said that he traded an onix holding a nugget.
    I cant believe that I fell for that. I did at least 10 trades.

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessazn View Post
    I always thought Water gun was an actual move where a water gun would appear and the pokemon would use it.

LOL,I Laughed at this

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessazn View Post

Yeah, I wish it was. Maybe pokemon have some nerf guns hidden in their mouth. Pokemon must've eaten water guns then.

I used to think, Golduck was a water-psychic type,Persian as a normal-psychic type and Noctowl as a psychic-flying. But don't blame me they do look like psychic types and golduck and noctowl can learn psychic moves. The coin on persians head makes it look psychic.

That Bugsy was a girl in Crystal
    and calling people over and over again for no reason on the PokeGear in Crystal
    Sage Chow sent out Bellsprout!
    #BLUECOLLARGOLDSWAGGER

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSnap View Post
    There was also a joke about that (Bugsy being a girl) in the pokčmon adventures manga. LOL
    Anyway when I was little I always thought that Crobat was a Rock/poison Pokčmon and that it evolved from Zubat using a King stone. LOL

Perhaps my greatest disappointment was to level up a Sunkern until level 55, just to get told by a friend that it only evolved with a Sun Stone. Same for Sneasel, Heracross and Ledyan. And nicknaming one of my best friends as Metapod because he looked like he would never "evolve" into an independent person.
    -- A meal today means no travel tomorrow.

-When I was 5/6 playing R/B/Y and I thought Thunder was the only way I could beat Lance's Dragonites...or at least beat them before they could destroy my team. I thought it was super effective against them and would restart if my Thunder missed because he would usually beat my Pokemon and I would have a hard time beating him with the rest.

-In G/S I always named my rival "???" because I didn't realize he introduced himself like that so you could name him yourself. I thought that was what I had to tell the police officer or I would get in trouble later in the game for giving the wrong name and either have my Pokemon taken away or have to restart the game.

-The obligatory button smashing AB to catch a Pokemon
    I'm sure I'll think of more eventually but for now.

I used to think Slowbro evolved into Slowking. I leveled up a Slowbro to like level 50, then realized how stupid I was.
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

I thought my team of Entei, Ho-Oh, Typhlosion, Moltres,Blazeiken, and Charizard would be amazing.
    Only trained starter and first legendary
    "I see now the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are" -Mewtwo

"Mew" -Mew

Training my Gloom to lvl 100 wondering why it never evolved until my cousin said to use a Leaf Stone or Sun Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSnap View Post
    lol I thought so to.

Gotta say, even just from browsing the last few pages some of these are pretty hilarious.

My most memorable moment was just ignorance rather than naivety, when I was young and a Pokemon was trying to learn a new move that I didn't want I just kept pressing B expecting it to go away and really frustrated when it didn't LOL.

I used to think a part of Gardevoir's hair was a bill. Like a duck.

Apparently my spirit Pokemon is

Sadly most of the weird things I did as a kid I still do, collect tms and not use them unless I have more then one (don't have to any more yay!), never bother completing the pokedex I just catch my team of six for a game (I do like to train new ones after I beat the game and legendaries though). I used to not evolve pokemon, if I liked them better unevolved but that didn't last long. One time for my birthday I got Emerald version and played it that day, I was in the middle of training my new team when a shiny Poocheyena appeared, I battled it down to low health and sure enough I had not one but zero pokeballs; good times.

Mom's Words of Wisdom: "Just try touching the buttons, you'll know what to do in no time." - HG/SS

Button Credit: Astral Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by SupporterofMegaMagikarp View Post
    LOL,I Laughed at this
    yep I remember when Id visualize Squirtle using water gun it was all about the Super Soaker commercials on YTV

Didnt discover the save button for like a week of playing pokemon everyday
    yes, cry now.

~Victini was a missingno (pokedex number is 000)
    ~Female hippodon's were shiny
    ~Using AR too much and ended up getting my first glitch, the egg.
    ~Mew evolving into mewtwo.
    ~And more....
    My fave pokemon, You know who....MEW!

Love mew.... And there maybe peace... for now.

I thought Ho-oh was "Ho-ho"
    LOL
    ALRIGHTY!
    Follow me (PJ) on Twitter: @ThePokemonJesus

Until next time...
    PEACE!

Back when I was a kid I though going into a whilrpool in silver would leave you stranded on a island without your pokemon, Some guy lied about that and at the time I was playing zelda oracle of ages where something like that did happen.

when I was a kid, I thought that the SAVING DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER meant I couldn't turn it off and thus I hardly ever saved until I finally understood what it meant.
    I also killed the first shiny I saw because I thought it was normal.

Page 127 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast