Page 135 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 3604

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Thought than some pokemon from gen 2 were gen 3 pokemon. Like Slugma ,Skarmory and Magcargo.
    Thought that Roselia was gen 4.
    The worst is that I thought if I brought a full team of Pikachu to the man in the Pika fan club on Route 222 something would happen.(Actually I did this two weeks ago)
    Current hunt:
    MM (2510 eggs)
    Claimed the best grass type ever!--------->

#TeamFennekin Waiting for Mega Serperior

I am not here.
    You can't see me.
    No, you didn't see me.

Pretty much first time I played a Pokemon game, which was Sapphire, I only knew how to use my Starter Pokemon, and had no idea how to switch it. I was using a Treecko, so I am sure you can appreciate how difficult the game was.
    To put it into perspective. I had a Sceptile by the third gym, and by the time I hit the flying gym, I believe it was in the mid 50s, and I would just leaf blade everything..... That Skarmory was a very tough match.
    3DS Friend Code - 4356-0021-1824
    Safari Type - Bug
    Pokemon - Beautifly, Combee, Heracross

I just remembered how I thought Farfetche'd was awesome and would search for him for ages, in my R/B/Y!

I only trained my starter pokemon for years until I realized that training other guys is more beneficial. On Crystal (it was my first pokemon game), I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get pass the ledge west of Cerulean City, so I thought if I beat Misty she would show me a secret on how to pass it. Every time I forget to save in front of a legendary. Losing a pokemon to a Goldeen in a Nuzlocke. And for the stupidiest thing I've done . . . once I had a Feraligatr on Crystal, he had the move Surf, Strength, Cut, and Iron Tail; I made him forget Iron Tail for Scary Face.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

my first game was fire red i didnt know how to save as my english was so bad

i threw a master ball at zapdos

in emerald which was first game i beated only pokemon i trained was swampert it was 84 when i won wallace it still had water gun

I used to think that Pokerus was a glitch.
    PASBL Squad

I have officially claimed Stoutland

Spoiler:- Credit:

I used to think that Slowbro evolved into Slowking, that holding the A button made Pokemon stay in the balls when you tried to capture them... that Articuno was the only legendary in R/B because it was the first one I saw...

good gracious I was a bit of a stupid kid back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamitsure View Post
    I used to think that Slowbro evolved into Slowking
    It should, at least. And I, because of the anime, thought that Slowpoke evolved into Slowbro ONLY when a Shellder were in your team... The hell.

that holding the A button made Pokemon stay in the balls when you tried to capture them...
    What, I still do that. Worse, I hold NB button as well! Everyone does that, man!

Only ever use one Pokémon.

My older brother still does that. No wonder he only has 5 level 100's and I have about 70.

Couldn't get past Brock in Pokémon yellow, because I was content in beating him with pikachu! XD
    Also, didn't play the original g/s

I'm still a kid though but:
    * I use to think that Zoroark and Lucario were legendary pokemon
    * i use to think that shaymin wasn't a legendary
    * i thought moves like swords dance, screech and staus moves wee useless

Yeah and more

Check Out My Shiny/Event/Legendary List Here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I used to think status moves like swords were useless.
    Sceptile. Nuff said.
    My friend code is 508615422009.

I used to think that Entei lived in National Park (And sat there like Rayquaza sits on the Sky Pillar) when I used to play Gold/Silver. I had wasted 1 hour searching for Entei in the National Park.
    PASBL Squad

My best friend (at the time) told me a 'cheat'. If we were catching a pokemon, you have to keep pressing the left and right D-pad buttons.
    My first ever shiny was a random encounter was with a zigzagoon in Emerald. I thought it mean they were super strong so I ran away from it. Man oh man...
    3ds FC: 3540-0482-6088 (PM me if you added me)
    Friend Safari Type: Water
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Octillery, Wartortle & Frogadier
    Shinies: None, trying to get some currently although!

Ooh, I had silly ones in my days.

-Once I figured out what shiny pokemon were, i thought they wouldn't be shiny anymore if you let them evolve. Had a shiny nidoran female all the way up to the elite 4 in crystal.
    -Also totally thought EV training meant battling eevees
    -Never thought of saving before battling the legendaries
    -Poliwhirl and Poliwrath? Same pokemon. The trainer just nicknamed them.
    -Was afraid of the music in Lavender town
    -Only used 'cute' pokemon. Oh, I tried so hard to use that meowth in gold...
    -Never thought about trading my pokemon to the next gen. Assumed I'd be able to get them again eventually.
    -Disappointed when you couldn't go back to johto and kanto in sapphire.
    -Did not understand the different between special and psychical attack/defense. I just thought they were just for organization or something.
    -Actually named the rival in gold "???". Hey, he did say that was his name! Also thought it was a girl for a bit.
    -In R/B/Y, I assumed that if you PUT the female/male sign in the pokemons name, that would make it that gender.
    -Used to think Gardevior's like, side of her head was her mouth making a kissy face.
    -Assumed that Brock and Misty would follow you around after you beat them like in the anime.

The list goes on...

-

I used to think that Splash deals damage while in water. And I new-gamed my Leaf Green because I thought I killed Suicune during an encounter.
    Perhaps the worst was I lost my cousin's sapphire, which hindered me from completing the Pokedex in Emerald (karma)
    "I am the one who knocks"
    -Walter White

Friend Code: 1864 9964 9755

I always thought that Metapod's back was it's front. I finally figured out that Metapod does not have angry eyes or a gigantic nose

Let me see, lol...

- As I mentioned many pages back, I took the meaning of "TMs can only be used once" too literally and thought that meant the moves only had one PP. So I never used them, ever.
    - Didn't realize you could move under Cycling Road in Emerald and was stuck at that route north of Slateport for months. Yes, months.
    - Didn't know how to get to Sootopolis and was again stuck for months
    - By the time I got to the League I was expecting the challenge of my life, but by then my Blaziken (the only Pokémon I trained) was Lv. 100 and plowed through like there was no tomorrow. It was a bit anti-climatic.
    - That aforementioned Blaziken still knew Cut at Lv. 100 because I didn't know how to delete HMs.
    - Like a lot of people, I thought status moves were useless, which resulted in some awful movesets like Fly/Wing Attack/Aerial Ace/Quick Attack on Pidgeot
    - Hatched dozens of Wobbuffet eggs wondering why I wasn't getting a Wynaut (didn't know about Incense)
    - Didn't know/realize that you could keep running back and forth between two routes to find roaming legendaries more easily. Also didn't know about blocking moves to stop them from running away. I only encountered Mesprit once in a blue moon and wondered how anyone on earth could possibly catch the thing.
    - In Gen IV I discovered the enigma that was Smogon. I trained a SubPunch Azumarill and obliterated stuff in the Battle Tower, thinking it was the sickest thing ever. Then I tried it out against my friends...in a multi battle. Needless to say, they soon figured out what I was trying to do and ganged up on my Substitutes.
    - Thought neutral natures were the way to go. Even the Lv. 100 Crobat and Weavile I so painstakingly EV trained had neutral natures.
    - Tried competitive battling when I was 13 or 14, I had no concept of tiers and would put pokes like Groudon and Furret on the same team. Also thought that NU meant that the Pokémon were literally “never used,” as in, not a single person used them ever in the metagame. (Evidently not me, though…)
    - Didn't know about the speed and attack drop from paralysis and burn, respectively, until after maybe two years of playing. Didn’t know about STAB either. Strangely, I knew how physical/special moves worked, both pre-Gen IV and after the split.
    - Thought the Blackglasses would let me enter the Hoenn desert
    - Sold all my Heart Scales
    - Freaked out because I couldn’t go up the muddy slopes in Sinnoh. I didn’t know you could change the bike’s gear
    - Probably the dumbest of all: I didn’t know how to save at first. Well, I knew you had to bring up the start menu and press save, but when it asked if I wanted to overwrite the file, I always said no for some reason. It took me a while before I got past Oldale Town.

I remembered another one. I used to think that if I released a legendary Pokemon, I would find it in the same place where I caught it. I even released my Rayquaza to show my bro where I caught it from and when I reached Sky Pillar I saw Rayquaza wasn't there. Man, I was a stupid kid back then.
    PASBL Squad

I fell into the category of overtraining my starter
    I tried to take on the g/s E4 with my lvl 72 Typhlosion and I failed miserably.
    But while I was playing Hg/Ss I managed to beat the E4 with a lvl 100 Typhlosion.

There were thousands of stupid things when I first started playing the Pokemon games. I started with Gold, inspired by the anime. Had no idea of type advantages until I told my Feraligatr to bite Will's (Elite 4) Xatu when it was in red health. Will used a hyper potion & healed Xatu back, then Bite finished him off. Until then I thought Slash was clearly the more powerful move.

I was also the victim of the 'Reach lvl100 = death' rumour for a short time.

I used to think that the way to evolve Slopoke into Slowbro was that you had to have it first in your party and you had to catch a Shellder and battle it with the aformentioned Slowpoke, I did this many times. Like in the anime when the Slowpoke catches a Shellder with its tail and evolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Megahound View Post
    I used to think that Pokerus was a glitch.
    I had that same thought. I saw nurse joy mentioning tiny parasites on my pokemon and i literally freaked out.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    I would just leaf blade everything..... That Skarmory was a very tough match.
    I don't know why. After I read this I couldn't stop laughing.
    A shower of leaves ricocheting off of a snickering Skarmory.

I feel sorry for the pain you must have endured. ^_^
    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6577-2146
    Friend Safari: Normal; Eeevee/Dunsparce/Loudred

Spoiler:- Safari's Needed:

Spoiler:- Looking For:

I always use to believe that normal type Pokemon were weak and not worth training.
    I also had no idea that sp.attack actually determined the strength of certain moves pre Gen IV. I just assumed attack determined the strength of the move and sp.attack was related to accuracy.
    F C - 2938 6238 5062.

Ghost Type Safari with Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Drimblim.

Shiny Pokemon X ---Talonflame (RE), Dragalge (WT), Clauncher (CF), Venusaur (FS),
    Charizard (FS), Slugma (FS), Braixen (FS), Yanma (Horde)

Shiny Pokemon Platinum --- Garchomp (RE)

Page 135 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139 ... LastLast