Page 136 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 3797

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

I stay on pokemon yellow for three trying to evole pikachu lol,i also thought i was a boss in black but didnt catch not one ledendary lol i was mad

I used to think a Pokemon's level is also its age..

Lol(10char)

Trading my high level pokemon to my brothers game and back after I started my file over so i could beat everyone easily.... freaking Infernape wouldn't listen to me....That scared me because I thought Infernape and Staraptor didn't like me anymore... lol
    Last edited by Swordfish; 2nd February 2014 at 5:23 PM. Reason: spelling
    My Shinie's:
    Shiny Dragonair (W2)
    Shiny Luxray (W)
    Shiny Gyarados x2 (HG) (W)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Can't wait for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

Well, there was a few things. First, before I was a fan of pokemon I used to think Kirby was a pokemon. I don't know why, probably because Kirby was in Melee and there were other Pokemon in Melee? Not sure. I also thought that the fuzzy screen thing that happens on the overworld when your pokemon are poisoned was a glitch, but I suppose that's not that stupid to think.

I also thought my first shiny (a Wingull) was a glitch, so I guess I should feel lucky I wasn't scared of it and ran away from the battle...
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I think I once traded away a Manaphy for an Electivire back in Gen 4.

I also traded away my event Darkrai and Shaymin for some other non-legendary things that I can't remember at this point.

I was 11 and I was willing to do anything for Pokédex completion.

Pokémon Quiz Bowl. It's a thing.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.
    I claim Vanillite because it is best Pokémon.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

In Soul Silver, I used my master ball on Lugia.

Because I'm sure there were definitely harder legendaries to use it on.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

I use to think that all the Pokemon were in numerical order based on evolution stages. I spent a lot of time trying to get Qwilfish to evolve into Scizor and I was getting pretty frustrated near level 50+ in the old school silver version.

I also used a master ball on a Lickitung in the same game... I found that Pokemon pretty hard to find/catch xP

3DS XL Friend Code: 2165-7177-7589
    Friend Safari (GHOST): Pumpkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops

Shinies

x4 x3 x2
    Goodra
    Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by Zivinolette View Post
    I use to think that all the Pokemon were in numerical order based on evolution stages. I spent a lot of time trying to get Qwilfish to evolve into Scizor and I was getting pretty frustrated near level 50+ in the old school silver version.

I also used a master ball on a Lickitung in the same game... I found that Pokemon pretty hard to find/catch xP
    I remember when in my first Diamond playthrough, I used my Master Ball on a Clefairy in Mt. Coronet.

idk

Pokémon Quiz Bowl. It's a thing.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.
    I claim Vanillite because it is best Pokémon.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

I couldn't find my way out of Mt. Moon in Pokemon Yellow.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 5th February 2014 at 6:17 AM.

Lol zoro you had the map
    i thought that tye primeresballs had a better catch rate than the masterball

Dunsparce was one of the first Pokemon I ever had reached lv100. Not because I really liked it, well I did and do, but I thought it evolved. Like how Chibi from Dragon Drive did. I have been wishing that it evolved ever since.
    IGN: Bruce
    2DS: 4914-4252-4844 "Harty"
    Safari: Delibird, Bergmite & Cloyster.

Back in Blue version I had a Gyarados that knew Thunder, Blizzard, and Fire Blast because I thought it was awesome that it cold learn them.
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    Back in Blue version I had a Gyarados that knew Thunder, Blizzard, and Fire Blast because I thought it was awesome that it cold learn them.
    I had something like that but a Clefairy that knew bubble beam. I was like ohhhh this is so cool! Then I transferred it to my Gold Version game and I was just so excited.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2165-7177-7589
    Friend Safari (GHOST): Pumpkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops

Shinies

x4 x3 x2
    Goodra
    Klefki

Hahaha, I love thinking back to all these.

-Back in RBY and GSC, if someone used a pokemon I had I needed to use it against them so I could have the better one.
    -My first play of Blue, I tried catching the ghost for a while in Lavender Town.
    -When I would see "Aw, it appears to be caught!" (to that effect) I thought the pokemon wasn't catchable, because hey, they said you couldn't catch other people's pokes! I was getting so frustrated when I was trying to catch a Weedle in Blue because of that. I also remember the batteries kept dying before I could save after catching it
    -I used my master ball to catch Snorlax.
    -I preferred moves that sounded cooler, even if they were pretty sucky.

There was also the "hold b+down" thing I would do. I only broke that habit in BW. But otherwise, I realized what I was doing for the most part in GSC. But I loved being so naive with the game, it was a great experience!
    Normal type Friend Safari with Dunsparce, Kecleon, and Ditto!
    3DS FC: 5026 5365 7766
    Seeking a Chansey safari

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSharingan View Post
    Lol zoro you had the map
    i thought that tye primeresballs had a better catch rate than the masterball
    You have to realize I was like 5 years old.

Well,you know that one dude in the beginning of the game that teaches you how to catch pokemon?Well at the time of Pokemon Red I thought he actually used all my pokeballs and I got so mad that I threw my Game Boy Color and it broke and hen my big sister told me that he didn't use them and I just regretted that decision forever.

Also,when I was about 10 when G/S/C came out I thought hyper beam was the strongest attack so I just spammed it everywhere.

!THE SABERTOOTH ARMY!

This is recent stupidity, but I digress. I restarted Black earlier today with the mindset that the Monkey Trio were all useless and had no place on a good team.

Nonetheless, a Work Up/Vine Whip Pansage completely proved me wrong from my days of lacking in strategic battling. I feel bad now...
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

^Pansage is the best of the trio IMO.

Anyways, I just used to gaameshark rare candies and bring my starter Pokémon (and select others) to level 100 in Gen I & II. Granted it was annoying to level up back then.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

^I agree- both in appearance and use.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

I used the sprayduck on the flopping Magikarp. I thought it would work. :P
    ♫ dashing through the vents ♫ this story makes no sense ♫ but i don't care at all ♫ I'll play this till i fall
    ♫ you don't understand ♫ the awesomeness in my clan ♫ this is freddy's house he owns ♫ and all of your bones are
    BAAAM

Up until Platinum I thought pure Rock-types were immune to electric-type attacks. In my defense though, the common rock-types you encounter in-game typically have that ground secondary type.
    FC: 3540-0790-8867
    IGN: Quan

NL Dream Address: 4000-3847-5618

I trained a Nidoran female to level 100 for no reason at all in Silver..
    Pokemon Y 3DS FC - 2079 7045 5719 (PM me if you add me ^_^.)
    Trophy Case :~) : Flawless (Roaming) Shiny Latias from Emerald /w my OT (Racks/14403) Pic!
    Flawless Shiny Mew from Japanese Emerald /w my OT (コサブロウ/41447) Pic!
    31/14/31/31/31/31 Shiny Chansey (Caught in the Fire Red safari zone!) /w my OT (Iceburn/47170) Pic!
    31/31/31/23/31/31 Shiny Tauros (Caught in the Fire Red safari zone!) /w my OT (Pudding/12556) Pic!

I pronounced a lot of the pokemon names very strangely and I haven't stopped yet.
    Plusle- pulse-y
    minun-min-un
    Pikachu-pick-a-chu
    zapdos-zape-dose
    pichu-pee-chu

When I talk to my friend about pokemon I say these, and she always looks so confused. I still say them like this, I don't know why I pronounce them like that. {I think Pichu is pronounced like that though...}

I also thought that hacking and glitching my games was good.

I'm still cleaning them up to this day, I did the max items glitch, some walking through walls and I even gave myself glitch pokemon.

I also traded almost all of my pokemon from diamond to soulsilver. They're just rotting in the boxes and I really need to send them back.

I remember in my little group of friends we all had certain Pokegods and stuff we'd heard about that we believed and tried to catch.

Oh, there was that time that I played pokemon mystery dungeon blue. For some reason when I had it I restarted the game constantly. I was 5 though.

only when I was 7 did I properly play it...
    One day you will be released in a peaceful and more distant time. What would it be like? I wonder if- I have no regrets. My journey has been good. I served a beautiful queen and you and I shared many adventures. Those memories will always be with me.
    I have officially claimed Luxray!

Quote Originally Posted by XX-SHADOW-XX View Post
    minun-min-un
    I also thought you pronounced it that way.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Page 136 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast