Page 136 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4124

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

I used to think a Pokemon's level is also its age..

Lol(10char)

Trading my high level pokemon to my brothers game and back after I started my file over so i could beat everyone easily.... freaking Infernape wouldn't listen to me....That scared me because I thought Infernape and Staraptor didn't like me anymore... lol
    Last edited by Swordfish; 2nd February 2014 at 4:23 PM. Reason: spelling
    Help hatch/feed my Pokemon!

Well, there was a few things. First, before I was a fan of pokemon I used to think Kirby was a pokemon. I don't know why, probably because Kirby was in Melee and there were other Pokemon in Melee? Not sure. I also thought that the fuzzy screen thing that happens on the overworld when your pokemon are poisoned was a glitch, but I suppose that's not that stupid to think.

I also thought my first shiny (a Wingull) was a glitch, so I guess I should feel lucky I wasn't scared of it and ran away from the battle...
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I think I once traded away a Manaphy for an Electivire back in Gen 4.

I also traded away my event Darkrai and Shaymin for some other non-legendary things that I can't remember at this point.

I was 11 and I was willing to do anything for Pokédex completion.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

In Soul Silver, I used my master ball on Lugia.

Because I'm sure there were definitely harder legendaries to use it on.

Claimed by me!

I use to think that all the Pokemon were in numerical order based on evolution stages. I spent a lot of time trying to get Qwilfish to evolve into Scizor and I was getting pretty frustrated near level 50+ in the old school silver version.

I also used a master ball on a Lickitung in the same game... I found that Pokemon pretty hard to find/catch xP

3DS XL Friend Code: 2165-7177-7589
    Friend Safari (GHOST): Pumpkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops

Shinies

x4 x3 x2
    Goodra
    Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by Zivinolette View Post
    I use to think that all the Pokemon were in numerical order based on evolution stages. I spent a lot of time trying to get Qwilfish to evolve into Scizor and I was getting pretty frustrated near level 50+ in the old school silver version.

I also used a master ball on a Lickitung in the same game... I found that Pokemon pretty hard to find/catch xP
    I remember when in my first Diamond playthrough, I used my Master Ball on a Clefairy in Mt. Coronet.

idk

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

I couldn't find my way out of Mt. Moon in Pokemon Yellow.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 5th February 2014 at 5:17 AM.

Lol zoro you had the map
    i thought that tye primeresballs had a better catch rate than the masterball

Dunsparce was one of the first Pokemon I ever had reached lv100. Not because I really liked it, well I did and do, but I thought it evolved. Like how Chibi from Dragon Drive did. I have been wishing that it evolved ever since.
    IGN: Bruce
    2DS: 4914-4252-4844 "Harty"
    Safari: Delibird, Bergmite & Cloyster.

Back in Blue version I had a Gyarados that knew Thunder, Blizzard, and Fire Blast because I thought it was awesome that it cold learn them.
    Mainly on from 12a EST to 6a EST. Please don't VM me, I rarely check them.

At 85/100 friends, so I'm being a little more selective of the safaris I add. Usually this amounts to me asking what your 3DS ID name is.
    I have access to all starters from all generations, HA for only gen 1 and 6. Send a PM if there's one you want.

My 3DS ID is 1306-6462-3876
    In game name X-Jacob Y-Sam
    Safari: Growlithe - Charmelion - Braixen

Quote Originally Posted by Buttons View Post
    Back in Blue version I had a Gyarados that knew Thunder, Blizzard, and Fire Blast because I thought it was awesome that it cold learn them.
    I had something like that but a Clefairy that knew bubble beam. I was like ohhhh this is so cool! Then I transferred it to my Gold Version game and I was just so excited.

3DS XL Friend Code: 2165-7177-7589
    Friend Safari (GHOST): Pumpkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops

Shinies

x4 x3 x2
    Goodra
    Klefki

Hahaha, I love thinking back to all these.

-Back in RBY and GSC, if someone used a pokemon I had I needed to use it against them so I could have the better one.
    -My first play of Blue, I tried catching the ghost for a while in Lavender Town.
    -When I would see "Aw, it appears to be caught!" (to that effect) I thought the pokemon wasn't catchable, because hey, they said you couldn't catch other people's pokes! I was getting so frustrated when I was trying to catch a Weedle in Blue because of that. I also remember the batteries kept dying before I could save after catching it
    -I used my master ball to catch Snorlax.
    -I preferred moves that sounded cooler, even if they were pretty sucky.

There was also the "hold b+down" thing I would do. I only broke that habit in BW. But otherwise, I realized what I was doing for the most part in GSC. But I loved being so naive with the game, it was a great experience!
    Normal type Friend Safari with Dunsparce, Kecleon, and Ditto!
    3DS FC: 5026 5365 7766
    Seeking a Chansey safari

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSharingan View Post
    Lol zoro you had the map
    i thought that tye primeresballs had a better catch rate than the masterball
    You have to realize I was like 5 years old.

Well,you know that one dude in the beginning of the game that teaches you how to catch pokemon?Well at the time of Pokemon Red I thought he actually used all my pokeballs and I got so mad that I threw my Game Boy Color and it broke and hen my big sister told me that he didn't use them and I just regretted that decision forever.

Also,when I was about 10 when G/S/C came out I thought hyper beam was the strongest attack so I just spammed it everywhere.

!THE SABERTOOTH ARMY!

This is recent stupidity, but I digress. I restarted Black earlier today with the mindset that the Monkey Trio were all useless and had no place on a good team.

Nonetheless, a Work Up/Vine Whip Pansage completely proved me wrong from my days of lacking in strategic battling. I feel bad now...
    FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

Current Nuzlocke Team (Black):
    Hogden (level 25), Bonanza (level 25), Privee (level 24), Chickadee (level 24), Lindsey (level 24), Mersault (level 31)
    Deaths: 1

(White 2):
    Joust, level 20, Duster, level 20, FL047.exe, level 23, Sora, level 20, Calla, Ravio, level 20

^Pansage is the best of the trio IMO.

Anyways, I just used to gaameshark rare candies and bring my starter Pokémon (and select others) to level 100 in Gen I & II. Granted it was annoying to level up back then.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

^I agree- both in appearance and use.
    FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

Current Nuzlocke Team (Black):
    Hogden (level 25), Bonanza (level 25), Privee (level 24), Chickadee (level 24), Lindsey (level 24), Mersault (level 31)
    Deaths: 1

(White 2):
    Joust, level 20, Duster, level 20, FL047.exe, level 23, Sora, level 20, Calla, Ravio, level 20

I used the sprayduck on the flopping Magikarp. I thought it would work. :P

Up until Platinum I thought pure Rock-types were immune to electric-type attacks. In my defense though, the common rock-types you encounter in-game typically have that ground secondary type.
    FC: 3540-0790-8867
    IGN: Quan

NL Dream Address: 4000-3847-5618

I trained a Nidoran female to level 100 for no reason at all in Silver..
    Pokemon Y 3DS FC - 2079 7045 5719 (PM me if you add me ^_^.)
    Trophy Case :~) : Flawless (Roaming) Shiny Latias from Emerald /w my OT (Racks/14403) Pic!
    Flawless Shiny Mew from Japanese Emerald /w my OT (コサブロウ/41447) Pic!
    31/14/31/31/31/31 Shiny Chansey (Caught in the Fire Red safari zone!) /w my OT (Iceburn/47170) Pic!
    31/31/31/23/31/31 Shiny Tauros (Caught in the Fire Red safari zone!) /w my OT (Pudding/12556) Pic!

I pronounced a lot of the pokemon names very strangely and I haven't stopped yet.
    Plusle- pulse-y
    minun-min-un
    Pikachu-pick-a-chu
    zapdos-zape-dose
    pichu-pee-chu

When I talk to my friend about pokemon I say these, and she always looks so confused. I still say them like this, I don't know why I pronounce them like that. {I think Pichu is pronounced like that though...}

I also thought that hacking and glitching my games was good.

I'm still cleaning them up to this day, I did the max items glitch, some walking through walls and I even gave myself glitch pokemon.

I also traded almost all of my pokemon from diamond to soulsilver. They're just rotting in the boxes and I really need to send them back.

I remember in my little group of friends we all had certain Pokegods and stuff we'd heard about that we believed and tried to catch.

Oh, there was that time that I played pokemon mystery dungeon blue. For some reason when I had it I restarted the game constantly. I was 5 though.

only when I was 7 did I properly play it...
    One day you will be released in a peaceful and more distant time. What would it be like? I wonder if- I have no regrets. My journey has been good. I served a beautiful queen and you and I shared many adventures. Those memories will always be with me.
    I have officially claimed Luxray!

Quote Originally Posted by XX-SHADOW-XX View Post
    minun-min-un
    I also thought you pronounced it that way.

Claimed by me!

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax Max View Post
    Up until Platinum I thought pure Rock-types were immune to electric-type attacks. In my defense though, the common rock-types you encounter in-game typically have that ground secondary type.
    To this day I continue to have trouble remembering the differences between the rock and ground types.
    Heyahowsitgoin
    Addmewhydontcha
    3DS (IGN: Luna): 3625-9695-2604

Page 136 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast