Page 137 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 3854

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax Max View Post
    Up until Platinum I thought pure Rock-types were immune to electric-type attacks. In my defense though, the common rock-types you encounter in-game typically have that ground secondary type.
    To this day I continue to have trouble remembering the differences between the rock and ground types.
    Heyahowsitgoin
    Addmewhydontcha
    3DS (IGN: Luna): 3625-9695-2604

I pronounced Reuniclus as Reniculus

Baka baka desu.
    IGNORE ALL MY TRADE OFFERS.

I swear, if I come back and my inbox is full of PMs, there will be hell to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by XX-SHADOW-XX View Post
    I pronounced a lot of the pokemon names very strangely and I haven't stopped yet.
    Plusle- pulse-y
    minun-min-un
    Pikachu-pick-a-chu
    zapdos-zape-dose
    pichu-pee-chu

When I talk to my friend about pokemon I say these, and she always looks so confused. I still say them like this, I don't know why I pronounce them like that. {I think Pichu is pronounced like that though...}

I also thought that hacking and glitching my games was good.

I'm still cleaning them up to this day, I did the max items glitch, some walking through walls and I even gave myself glitch pokemon.

I also traded almost all of my pokemon from diamond to soulsilver. They're just rotting in the boxes and I really need to send them back.

I remember in my little group of friends we all had certain Pokegods and stuff we'd heard about that we believed and tried to catch.

Oh, there was that time that I played pokemon mystery dungeon blue. For some reason when I had it I restarted the game constantly. I was 5 though.

only when I was 7 did I properly play it...
    I am pretty sure that Minun is pronounced min-un and Pichu pee-chu... at least in my language. lol

I gave my red version to my sister once and she got one of my Pokémon poisoned. I thought she broke my game because I didn't understand what the flashing screen meant.

It also took me about an hour to leave my house in Red... I thought the carpet in front of the door was just decoration.

And I used to think that Sunnytown held some mysterious secret.

I think I was 9 years old then.

My dad (and now I) goes to work really early in the morning so when I was young and wanted to play pokemon and not sleep I'd hide under my bed under a blanket (to hide the light) and play until there was an hour left til school lol.
    He caught me one time and threatend to throw my gba away, I almost ran away haha!
    I still loose sleep for pokemon though, some things never change

I would rage and scream at the top of my lungs and call my Pokémon "Pathetic ****** S.O.B.!" or something like that if they would get K.O.d in a Gym Battle or by the Elite 4 when I was a kid. I even did this up until I was 17. I'm 23 now and still must admit I get agitated about losing against a Gym Leader or something, so I save before each Gym Battle, because I hate losing Poke-Dollars over stupid mistakes.
    What is Life's Greatest Illusion?
    Innocence, my brother...

In my first Pokemon game (Sapphire), I wondered why my Zigzagoon sparkled whenever I sent it out. I thought it was a part of its ability.

I didn't realize until after I lost the game two years later.

On my first playthrough of Silver, I used an Unown.
    IGNORE ALL MY TRADE OFFERS.

I swear, if I come back and my inbox is full of PMs, there will be hell to pay.

Years ago I deleted a game... On which I had left a shiny Wurmple and a Space C Deoxys. More recently I deleted a game on which I was SRing for a shiny Oak's letter Shaymin and a member card Darkrai.

Oh well.
    Last edited by The Hiker king; 11th February 2014 at 1:12 AM.
    3DS FC: 4785-5475-7913. Friend safari: fire w/ Growlithe, Larvesta, and Fletchinder.

Favorite obtained 6th gen shiny sprites: 658, 681, and 697

I used to be convinced that you could go to the moon to catch Jirachi in RSE.
    I also thought that Lugia was in the lower levels of the Seafoam Islands in FRLG and I spent hours looking for it.
    My friend once told me that I could catch a Snorlax at the end of Artisan Cave in Emerald and I got really mad when it wasn't there.
    An NPC in the Battle Frontier in Emerald refers to a "long-tailed Pokemon"; I used to think they meant Articuno and I couldn't figure out where the thing was.
    When I encountered my first shiny in Gold, I knew what it was and proceeded to poison it anyway. Luckily, I caught it one turn before it fainted from poison.
    I like to challenge myself by using terrible things in game. I recently did another playthrough of Red (Japanese version, I'm weird like that) and used a Hitmonchan, which is AWFUL in Gen 1. Also used a Butterfree, but it ended up being amazing. I used a Luvdisc in Y because why not.
    Restarted my Gold version after getting the 3rd badge because I didn't know about the squirtbottle and thought my game was broken for not letting me past Sudowoodo.
    Traded away my Tornadus in Black version. You have to have the one from your game to catch Landorus.
    Used an Action Replay like crazy in Pearl. Evidence of this is still visible on Ranch on my Wii. I used run through walls so much that I was always stuck in the mystery zone.

Probably a lot more but that's all I can think of right now. Anyone have similar experiences?
    Friend Safari: Ground: Trapinch, Marowak & Diggersby

Y Friend Code: 0834 2236 1763
    Black Friend Code: 2065 8209 0070 Depressingly no longer relevant

Credit goes to Astral Shadow for the awesome banner!

Thinking all the item balls in Archie's room in the Team Aqua Hideout in Sapphire were Electrode since the first item ball I examined was an Electrode. It was only after I read a strategy guide that I realised I missed out on the game's only easily obtainable Master Ball.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by XX-SHADOW-XX View Post
    I pronounced a lot of the pokemon names very strangely and I haven't stopped yet.
    Plusle- pulse-y
    minun-min-un
    Pikachu-pick-a-chu
    zapdos-zape-dose
    pichu-pee-chu
    I think Pichu is pronounced "pee-chu". I can't think of any other ways to pronounce it. "Pie-chu"?

I believe Minun is pronounced "my-nun", as in Plusle and Minun are 'plus and minus' polarities for a magnet, magnetism being the reason for electricity and all that jazz.

When I was a kid my cousin and I used to run around my street and garden with our toy gen-1 Pokedex toys and made up a role play of sorts where we went around "catching Pokemon". I also used to frequently go hiking with my family around the Lake District around the time of gen-3. It was like walking around in my very own imaginary Hoenn Region.

One lame thing I still do now, and I shouldn't really be telling you all this because its pretty sad, but when I'm bored I sometimes try to map my geographical location onto where it would be in the Pokemon World. Am I on a train going from Manchester to Leeds? No. I'm on a train going from Saffron City to Goldenrod of course. Yeah..really lame..
    Proud Poison-type Club member!

"Despair to the creeping horror of Poison-type Pokémon!"

LOOKING FOR A DITTO FRIEND SAFARI. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE, THANKS!!

-Thought that the pokemon that flew over Ash in the anime was a Fearow
    -Taught my Blastoise in red version 3 water type moves (surf, waterfall, hydro pump)
    -Based type differences on pokemon TCG - thought that ground, fighting and rock were the same thing, poison and grass, ghost and psychic, etc.
    -Thought that if you caught and raised a Missingno, it would evolve into a Mew at level 100
    -Annnd of course the truck/mew thing, I tried so many tricks to get Mew I don't even remember all of them

Haha. I did a thing when I was little where I kept my starter's original move. So at the end my Blastoise's moveset was something like Hydro Pump, Surf, Watergun...Tackle.

I also remember catching Zapdos with the Masterball. Oh dear.

-____-;;
    Last edited by cagedWINGS; 12th February 2014 at 11:25 AM.
    Proud Poison-type Club member!

"Despair to the creeping horror of Poison-type Pokémon!"

LOOKING FOR A DITTO FRIEND SAFARI. PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE, THANKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller2001 View Post
    In Soul Silver, I used my master ball on Lugia.

Because I'm sure there were definitely harder legendaries to use it on.
    I used mine on Ho-oh, he was honestly a challenge for me. I still used my Masterball on Zekrom in White, if it makes you feel any better. -_-
    Seeking:
    -Regular event Genesect (preferably Western)
    -Shiny Bidoof (bred in Kalos)
    -Tanabata or PokeCenter Shiny Jirachi
    -SUM2013 Shiny Giratina, Dialga or Palkia

Offering:
    -HGSS Lv. 50 Articuno (not UT)
    -Platinum Lv. 60 Zapdos (Japanese, not UT)
    -HGSS Lv. 73 Mewtwo (not UT)
    -WIN2011 Lv. 30 Shiny Raikou (UT, x2)
    -WIN2011 Lv. 30 Shiny Entei (UT, x2)
    -WIN2011 Lv. 30 Shiny Suicune (UT, x2)
    -Pokemon Bank Lv. 10 Celebi (UT)

I thought the celebi for the pokebank giveaway was linked to the nintendo link account and not the game cartridage in order to collect it;

Resetted my game and it was nowhere to be found. Sigh...

I think, at one point....I thought Ash Ketchum was actually a real live young boy who lived somewhere in Japan o_o;

Back when I had a major crush on him. Twas pretty sad lol
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

Teaching Alakazam all elemental punches.
    My friend training Onix in water against Tentacools because he thought it would give onix more water resistance, like the Sandshrew in the classic anime episode :P

Something not stupid but quite funny :

Got across full health Suicune in the original Silver. A friend of mine said : If you catch it in one ball, i'll give you one Euro. Just for fun of course.
    I threw a great ball at it, AND BOOM! Caught it in one ball. Never had that much luck on any legendary again :P
    Last edited by R2D2; 12th February 2014 at 4:58 PM.
    Pokemon Y team :

[CENTER]
    ^^^^^^managed to finally hatch a shiny 5V Protean Froakie! Also bred 5V shiny Cleffa (up for trade)^^^^^^^

FC 3DS : 4553-9947-3131

Quote Originally Posted by Puddingg View Post
    I trained a Nidoran female to level 100 for no reason at all in Silver..
    That is actually pretty awesome.

When I was younger, I thought that fainting Pokémon would result in you being less likely to find it next time, so when I was trying to catch rare 'mons I'd faint all the common ones. Admittedly I still do this.

Running away from every single battle. Suffice it to say I was severely underleveled. I also thought that Psychic was 2x against Ghost (In my defense, Gengar was really the only Ghost-type in FireRed). Other things include:
    -Thinking Timer Balls put a time limit on your battle and you would lose when it ran out.
    -The Konami Code made you catch a wild Pokemon immediately (the friend who told me this knew it was a soft reset).
    -Thinking there were only three islands in the Sevii Islands.
    -Traded Pokemon were ultra-strong. I still have that Level 100 Mr. Mime.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

1. I tried to use an Unown. It's like I magically forgot about all the other pokemon in the world.
    2. Named my rival in GSC "???".
    3. I thought pressing the B button while the PokeBall's shaking the second time would make me catch the pokemon.
    4. I made pokemon only learn moves of their type.
    Last edited by Tonguetyd; 12th February 2014 at 6:34 PM.

I use to believe Psychic was Super-effective on Ghost too thanks to Genger, too haha.

I still hold down the B button when I catch a Pokemon, just force of habit by now.

I use to think you could fly to the moon in R/S and find Jirachi there. I thought Mirage Island had all the legendary Pokemon. Back in the R/B/Y days I thought there was an underground basement where you could catch Mew in the Pokemon Mansion on Cinnabar Island, and like everyone else I believed all the Poke God rumors and what not. To our defense though, they eventually became real through the use of mist mega stones.

I use to for some reason think Skarmory was an evolved form of Fearow holding a Metal Coat.\
    #BuyUltraviolance

From the top of my head:

- I used to have my starter Pokémon outlevel the rest of my team which I usually never trained at all.
    - I used to teach my Pokémon too many moves of the same type as said Pokémon.
    - I used to get way too over excited when I caught a legendary Pokémon with the Master Ball.
    - I missed the Master Ball on my first playthrough of Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Tonguetyd View Post
    1. I tried to use an Unown. It's like I magically forgot about all the other pokemon in the world.
    2. Named my rival in GSC "???".
    3. I thought pressing the B button while the PokeBall's shaking the second time would make me catch the pokemon.
    4. I made pokemon only learn moves of their type.
    I knew I was forgetting a funny story! I did the same thing with naming my GSC rival "???".
    Friend Safari: Ground: Trapinch, Marowak & Diggersby

Y Friend Code: 0834 2236 1763
    Black Friend Code: 2065 8209 0070 Depressingly no longer relevant

Credit goes to Astral Shadow for the awesome banner!

^ Lol, many have done that! I really thought that it was some Japanese that got corrupted when translated to English, hence the characters got replaced with a bunch of question marks. (Gold was my first game, so didn't really how everything worked in these games)

Page 137 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast