Page 138 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3634

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

^ Lol, many have done that! I really thought that it was some Japanese that got corrupted when translated to English, hence the characters got replaced with a bunch of question marks. (Gold was my first game, so didn't really how everything worked in these games)

When i first started playing Pokemon, i thought you could somehow "Unevolve" them.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Exeggudork has no shame or pity. What a ruthless monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    When i first started playing Pokemon, i thought you could somehow "Unevolve" them.
    It's not any worse than holding B because you want your pokémon to evolve at a certain level because lol numbers OCD

Make the starter an HM slave LOL

In Pokémon Diamond Version, I had just found out what the PC boxes did. I put my newly evolved Prinplup in the PC. I wanted to get it out of the PC and into my party so I pressed RELEASE, thinking that it meant "release from PC into Party". I thought afterwards that Prinplup was "hiding" and I looked EVERYWHERE for it, not realizing that it was gone forever.

I seem to have made a lot of the same mistakes as you guys, so I'm goin' to continue the listing trend!

- I used to think spamming the B button would increase the chances of catching the pokemon, despite it being the 'cancel' button. The belief later changed to looking away from the screen as the ball shakes.
    -I used to level up one pokemon with no regards of the rest. I did this with a shinx one file because I hate piplup for some reason.
    -I got overexcited when I used a materball on a legendary. To be fair, I caught heatran with one I had transferred on a swablu.
    -I only used one type of attack on my pokemon, unless there were two readily available. Leaf storm and earthquake make an amazing combo!
    -I had more times where giratina killed itself with struggle than times it actually defeated me. Nowadays, I don't even bother to attack legendaries thanks to this guy!
    -I found out that normal was immune to ghost when my giratina's shadow force failed to hit a starly. I attacked a bidoof to make sure it wasn't flying with the immunity, then proceeded to forget about my discovery against Lucian's girafarig.
    -I learned to save before legendary encounters when accidentally K.O.'d azelf. And then mesprit trolled me by flying away.
    - I beat Glacia using nothing but struggle. Took out two of Drake's pokemon afterwards as well.
    -Here's my personal favorite: I beat Blue's elite four with a level 22 kadabra as my backup! I almost had to use it, too.
    Last edited by MedMana; 18th February 2014 at 7:15 AM. Reason: No need for semicolons!

Well, stupid things...

- I used a Master Ball with a Magikarp, because I didn't know the power of the MB.
    - I found a wild Wingull shiny in Pokémon Emerald and I put "RUN", because I dind't know nothing about the shinies.

That´s all.
    Hablo espańol, pero eso no me hace diferente
    [IMG]http://i61.*******.com/2usife9.jpg[/IMG]

My fails:
    - Holding B button to increase the catch rate.
    - Using pokémon without stab moves.
    - Not knowing about EV's / IV's.
    - Celebi being available after getting every unown in G/C/S
    - Trying every glitch in G/S/C online eventhough they were fake. (Tons of Celebi glitches >.>)
    - Trying to get to Deoxys & Jirachi with the spaceship
    - I did not know about the islands in FR/LG. (Still haven't been there, I should try though, still got the games.)
    - Finding a shiny pidgey in GSC and then turning off the game cuz I didn't know how I couldn't run away.
    - Throwing a Master ball at Zapdos and the Master ball failed on me. (Missed)
    - Thinking Tauros was a water pokémon since I could find it in the water at cinnebar island.. RBY.

Yeah and I think a lot more but can't remind them.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

One thing i did in gen 1 was to bring a haunter that i hadn't trained for the battle against the elite 4. Now while on it's own it managed to wipe out bruno it really served no purpose for anyone else because it wasn't strong enough.

Simply too many "stupid" things to list (but hey, they're all part of the childhood) so I'll just say the best one of them all:

In Pokemon Gold, I took Chikorita as my starter. Not knowing the importance of levelling all your Pokemon equally, I happily trudged through the game training nothing much but my Meganium and my Ho-Oh. The result? I lost to the Elite Four several times, levelling up my Pokemon but losing lots of money in the process - this was when I was too young to know about the wonders of saving before a battle. I eventually entered the Hall of Fame with a L69 Meganium, a L51 Ho-Oh, four other random critters (Sudowoodo, Red Gyarados, can't remember) and an empty wallet.

Good old times.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

I always used to teach my pokemon physical attacks and not stat-raising attacks, I always thought that they were useless ^^:
    I have claimed Skarmory

I did a few stupid things.

When I was very young (like, 4), when playing Blue, I'd always say "I'm gonna burst your bubble" when using Bubble.
    I didn't figure out how to get the Card Key in RBY until RS came out.
    For three years, I went every day to the Mossdeep Space Center because my brother told me that after 1000 days you could get into the space ship.
    I got a Mew through a Toys-R-Us event when I was 13 and taught it Strength Surf, Fly and Flash and cried when I couldn't transfer it to Diamond.

Saved a gazillion times after catching a legendary. C'mon, don't say you didn't do it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder2910 View Post
    I always used to teach my pokemon physical attacks and not stat-raising attacks, I always thought that they were useless ^^:
    I still do that, and I'm nearly 24. XD The only exceptions being a few with weather moves, and a few with Toxic.

Anyway, I did lots of stupid stuff. Back in R/B/Y I believed all the rumors. Mew under the truck, Bill's secret garden, the Pokegods, all that stuff. Never could get to that truck to see if the Mew one was true though (I know it's not).

In Crystal, I didn't know about shiny Pokemon yet, and ran into a shiny Girafarig. I saw it had a blue nose and my silly 11 year old mind though "Oh no, it's sick, and if I catch it, it'll make my other Pokemon sick!" So I killed it. D:

FR/LG, I find out what shiny Pokemon are, and run into a shiny Zubat in a cave while training my Aerodactyl. I mis-clicked and and accidentally used HYPER BEAM on it. Needless to say, it fainted.
    Friend Code: 5172-0733-2280
    Fairy Type Friend Safari

My Kalos Shinies:

Hunting for:

Thinking I was going to blaze through Brock with Charizard (and did not once try a grass type).

Pikachu is impossible to catch on my Red for some reason. D: <-No, I gave up in five minutes because I was an impatient brat.

Screech = useless/free chance to hit. Does absolutely nothing. <-ragequits when pkmn get hurt more for some reason.

Staying in my grandma's trailer which has no air conditioning, the next morning my game is too frozen and doesn't work. I nearly melt it with a kerosene heater, well at least it works now. A few days later it loses all data, and tells me so.

'Catch em all.' I didn't. To this day I still have to question if Pineco is really a Johto pokemon.

Ragequiting on getting R/S because I was 'too late'.
    B/W2 Team
    My team is all unbalanced bcz I only choose cute ones or pkmn with awesome growls. Usually the latter one.
    White 2: Name: Zeo FC: 1593 8191 2887

5 losses. 4 against Cheren, 1 against Colress. lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by The Imposter
    I'm still going with my tried-and-true orange juice+wall method. Set me back a few DSs, but it caught every legendary so far.
    Funny quote (used w/ permission)

Never completed Emerald because 6 year old me got lost and kept going in circles
    Taught legendries (Raquaza and Mew) Fly
    Mashed the B button when catching anything (I grew out of this thankfully)
    Never training enough (I couldn't defeat the Elite Four in FireRed because of this)
    Tried to catch all the Unown forms in Diamond (Never did get them all)
    Used cheats to get legendries (To this day I can't tell which ones are real and which ones aren't)
    Man, sometimes I hate myself for what I did back them XD
    Thanks Chapter of Charizard for the userbar

Definitely fell very hard for the "mew's truck" rumor

6th gen is the only gen I've ever owned a mew haha
    LF:
    Flawless Kalos Legends I don't have
    Gen 6 event pokemon! (nothing from Powersaves)
    My Kalos legends for trade: [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m6o6uxq"[/URL]
    4570-7089-8766 IGN Kaur

Spoiler:- Kalos Masuda Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kingdom of Earth~ View Post
    Never completed Emerald because 6 year old me got lost and kept going in circles
    At 22 years old feel pretty sheepish to admit I got lost in Emerald too when I tried playing it for the first time this past summer. Eventually had to consult Bulbapedia XD
    LF:
    Flawless Kalos Legends I don't have
    Gen 6 event pokemon! (nothing from Powersaves)
    My Kalos legends for trade: [URL="http://tinyurl.com/m6o6uxq"[/URL]
    4570-7089-8766 IGN Kaur

Spoiler:- Kalos Masuda Shinies:

I did too many to remember but here are a few I can.

I taught only fire moves to fire-types, electric to electris-types, etc.
    Never replaced ember with a better fire type move.
    Defeated legendaries for the XP.
    Taught my starters HM moves (I think I had a Blastoise know rock smash, strength and surf).
    Held B after throwing a pokeball (found myself doing this the other day when playing fire red).

I'd probably still do most of these if it wasn't for the internet.
    I'm not really interested in IV's, EV's or shinies. I just want to complete my Dex. Though a shiny Growlithe would be nice.

One time when i was younger as an 8 year old, i could not catch Groudon for the life of me in Pokemon Ruby. So i kept having to restart and battle it. Eventually I noticed that for some reason Groudon was Gold instead of Red so i asked an older boy at the camp i was at to atch it for me since i could tell there was something special about it. He said he'd do it and then proceeded to "accidentally" run away from the Shiny Groudon ... Stupid young me was dumb enough to believe Absol was a legendary earlier on from my seeing him as an awesome Pokemon in the Jirachi movie had already used my masterball... and that's the story of how i didn't catch a shiny Groudon. Anywho last weekend i managed to get one in soulsilver after only about 100 soft resets so i guess my luck didn't run out ....

On a side note: i noticed a lot of people posting graphics similar to trainercards regarding shiny hunts and other things, is it possible that anyone could tell me how to obtain/use one of them? i'm brand spankin new to these forums so it would be much appreciated for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylz
    - Not knowing about EV's / IV's.
    Sincerely, does it even matter if you're playing in-game only?

Quote Originally Posted by The CollecTorr View Post
    Saved a gazillion times after catching a legendary. C'mon, don't say you didn't do it, too.
    Everyone did that!!!

I mashed the A button when I was trying to catch a Pokémon. I still thought it would help up until reading an article on it just before Black/White came out. I used to be the friend everyone gave their games to so I could catch the legendarys for them with my button-mashing skills... which actually had no effect -_-"
    I still catch myself mashing A in Y. Old habits die hard...
    I am looking for a Latios Lv 60-75. I would be willing to trade an event Celebi for it. Please PM me if interested.
    I'm always happy to trade with people! I have a few Kalos Shinys I would be willing to trade for other Shinys. I also have multi-gen starters, some with egg moves/hidden abilities that I can breed for you. Please PM me if you have a request!

Quote Originally Posted by Archsage View Post
    I mashed the A button when I was trying to catch a Pokémon. I still thought it would help up until reading an article on it just before Black/White came out. I used to be the friend everyone gave their games to so I could catch the legendarys for them with my button-mashing skills... which actually had no effect -_-"
    I still catch myself mashing A in Y. Old habits die hard...
    Haha I actually used to do something similar to this. I would hold the up button and the B button because I thought it was a surefire way to catch a Pokemon. This habit only died in my playthrough of X.

Also, when I first played Pokemon Blue as a kid, I got scared when I got to the Pokemon League, specifically by that guy who says "If you lose, you have to start over from the beginning". I thought that he meant that you had to start the entire game over from the beginning if you lost.
    My Slurpuff brings all the boys to the yard.

- I tossed around all medicine (like Calcium and Carbos) to whoever in my party had the lowest stat (Yellow all through Diamond >.>)

- The first time I caught Pokerus in Crystal (?) I didn't know what it did, but I had already saved since I caught the virus. I thought my Pokemon were gonna die. I didn't know about EV training up until Platinum.

- I KO'd my first and only shiny I've ever seen (Geodude in Crystal) because I thought my game was glitching.

- Moveset for my Pokemon Yellow Pikachu: Thundershock, Flash, Thunderbolt, Thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax Max View Post
    Up until Platinum I thought pure Rock-types were immune to electric-type attacks. In my defense though, the common rock-types you encounter in-game typically have that ground secondary type.
    Wait what?
    Last edited by Phoenixx13; 4th March 2014 at 7:19 AM.
    Amanda

i liked to mess arond with buttons on my ds alot which meant sometimes my save got deleted, ironicly this was what got me into the game and how i recieved my first game.
    friend code is 1934-1322-5430 pm me if you add me,
    on pokemon X i am doing a japanese speed run, not that hard... so far.

Y safari zone type is flying. have woobat,farfetched and rufflet hope this helps
    i also play inazuma eleven 3 lightning bolt/ GO: LIGHT if anybody plays too

Page 138 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast