Page 139 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 4045

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

I tried to catch trainers pokemon with pokeballs lol

I used to only use damaging moves because moves like Swords Dance and Agility "did nothing". I was such a noob lol.
    FC: 0216-1922-2231

Does it have to be limited to just when I was a kid? Does it also count if I talk about something stupid I did about Pokémon as an adult?

Well, here is something that I would never do today.

Spinda was part of my Pokémon Ruby team. Yeah, I didn't know much about Pokémon back then it seems.

And I also gave my Groudon the move thunder. When it's better off with a stab physical move.

Like pretty much everyone I thought Pokerus was dangerous and would hurt my Pokemon, but I just ended up putting the Pokemon in quarantine in the last PC box until I learned what Pokerus was.

I also had no idea how False Swipe worked, and had a battle against a really low leveled Pokemon wondering why the heck it kept surviving with one HP.

That's actually all I remember at the moment.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

Theres a Nidoking behind the Celadon Mansion in Gen 1 lol

- breeding the red gyarados would give a blue magikarp in g/s/c
    - still forget the geodude line is part ground
    - I save twice every time I need to (though it because I don't trust such quick saving times on x and y)
    - button mashing increased pokemon catch rate (stopped believing it after a while, but continued for the reassurance)
    - beat Norman's 2nd Slaking in sapphire with a level 5 taillow (it was my last pokemon and he only had focus punch)
    Last edited by KzBreakdown; 7th March 2014 at 11:48 PM.
    IGN: Seldser
    3ds friend code: 2320-6230-5847
    Friend Safari: Bug
    Ledyba, Beautifly, Heracross

Shinies: (Dragalge) (Clawitzer) (Malamar) (Avalugg) (Florges) (Spritzee)x2 -Out of date, to be updated later-
    Dex Comlpetion Y: 719/719 - Shiny Charm obtained!
    Dex Completion AS: 705/719

Quote Originally Posted by KzBreakdown View Post
    - beat Norman's 2nd Slaking in sapphire with a level 5 taillow (it was my last pokemon and he only had focus punch)
    Hm I once almost did that with a lv 3 zigzagoon, unfortanly by the time it was near dead it used struggle.

Well because of first gen, I was unaware that ice was it own type until 3rd gen.

Why would Norman give focus punch to his Slaking anyway?

Such a wasted move for a Pokémon that can otherwise take full advantage of its great attack stat.

The move is very unreliable since unless you have substitute it's guaranteed to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Senrab View Post
    I used to only use damaging moves because moves like Swords Dance and Agility "did nothing". I was such a noob lol.
    I did that too for the longest time. Also, I would waste a slot on a move with only 5pp because it was 'overpowered'.

This one time i traded a holo Ninetales trading card for a regular old pikachu because i thought it was super rare.

For Trade (IV bred)
    FroakieGoomyFerroseedSquirtleCharmander
    TorchicEevee

FC : 4742-6515-3239 IGN: None of yo bizniz

So this just happened a few days ago...
    So every time I did wonder trade, I would always be like "Why do all these Pokemon have all these markings checked off?" So I would unmark them and think nothing more of it.
    Well, a few days ago, I got a Kangaskhan from wonder trade with 5/6 markings checked off. I read up on IV/IV breeding and finally it clicked what the markings were for! The IV checker guy said every stat on this Kangaskhan I got was perfect except for HP.
    My Slurpuff brings all the boys to the yard.

My Pokemon X Friend Code: 3437-3423-6333
    My Friend Safari: Bibarel, Gyarados, Frogadier
    Currently looking for Ditto, but will accept any friend requests at the moment! Just PM me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by NightmareHybrid View Post
    I also had no idea how False Swipe worked, and had a battle against a really low leveled Pokemon wondering why the heck it kept surviving with one HP.
    At one point, I also had no idea how this move worked. Well, I knew how it worked from the description, but I didn't know "how" it worked.
    I thought it was a one use move where you use it once and it leaves the Pokemon with 1 HP.
    I'm dead serious about this.

Not something that happened to me when I was younger even, this is something more recent that happened that I felt like sharing when I saw this.

Claimed by me!

I once made a Jolteon hold X Attack as its item in the original Battle Frontier.

Somehow I made 5 symbols back then.

I can't remember many things, but I remember when I tried to get to that truck near SS Anne to get Mew on first generation, but Mew never appeared u.u

-I originally thought Legends could evolve.
    -Not to mention I thought Salamence was Legendary.
    -I traded my HGSS Groudon for a Ditto.
    -I traded my Bayleef for a Tauros because I thought Tauros was an Extremely rare pokemon only from events...
    -I thought You could evolve Eevee to Sylveon by leveling it up at the Anistar Sundial... -_-
    Trainer of Waves and Darkness
    @Aegislash on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Meillquei View Post
    Haha I actually used to do something similar to this. I would hold the up button and the B button because I thought it was a surefire way to catch a Pokemon. This habit only died in my playthrough of X.

Also, when I first played Pokemon Blue as a kid, I got scared when I got to the Pokemon League, specifically by that guy who says "If you lose, you have to start over from the beginning". I thought that he meant that you had to start the entire game over from the beginning if you lost.

Even if people say it doesn't work I still do it not going to lie lol

I used to forget certain pokemon existed. Like up until the other day I forgot the Poli line was a thing

If you're strong you'll survive and you'll keep your dream alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Misaka Mikoto View Post
    I used to forget certain pokemon existed. Like up until the other day I forgot the Poli line was a thing
    Well, with all like 600+ Pokemon, it's not that hard. I've forgotten the Conkeldurr line before, not to mention Jynx.
    Trainer of Waves and Darkness
    @Aegislash on twitter

I'd say Pokemon made up about 43% of my childhood so I have a few stories...

Real Life Things:
    I tricked a friend into believing that I had a real Meowth inside this toy Pokeball I was holding.
    I taped a bunch of Pokemon cards to my clothes and used the power of the Pokemon as a sort of armor.
    My friend and I had Pokemon as imaginary friends. She had a Persian and I had an Arcanine (he died btw).

Video Game/TCG Things:
    I set all my Pokemon free in Emerald because I felt bad for them. The last one I tried to get rid of was a Tentacruel named Bider. When I tried to release it, the dialog said that it loved me too much so it came back to me. Now I know that it only said that because it was my last Pokemon.
    I thought that the Pokemon on the card that looked the strongest beat the one that looked weaker. That's how I taught other people to play the game as well.
    I made "Lass Dana" my character's girlfriend on Pokemon Crystal and called her all the time.
    This isn't really something I did when I was little but I seriously thought that I was done with everything related to Pokemon so I sold all my DS games (Diamond, Platinum, Soul Silver, White, and Black 2). I had event Pokemon, shinies, and a bunch of other neat things on them. Guess who got back into Pokemon for the 6th generation? I don't think I'll ever get over this.
    3DS Friend Code: 3394-4942-7910
    Pokemon in my Friend Safari: Dedenne, Helioptile, Zebstrika

I cannot make a fancy signature but I can make your dreams come true (maybe...), so that's something, right?

Well, I thought a lot of strange things about Pokemon when I was younger, here are a few.
    1) I though Shiny Pokemon were glitches. I caught a shiny Bronzor all the way back in Platinum/Pearl version and thought it was a glitch. I traded it away, sadly.
    2) Like the founder of this thread, I also used to think stats were lowered forever.
    3)Arceus and Shaymin were fake Pokemon and hacker just created them. This was flying around back in the day, before I knew about events or anything. And the sad part was, I didn't believe they were Pokemon till they were officially release.
    ^Characters from Sengoku Basara^
    Claimed Braviary, Masamune Date, and Pokemon Conquest

Holding down or mashing the A button when trying to catch a legendary due to that one myth going around, I did it so many times that still find myself doing it out of habit when I'm focused.

When I was just finding out what Pokemon was, my friend let me play his Pokemon Red game and I went to the PC and as with everyone young kid who didn't know the games, Pikachu was my favourite so I wanted to put it into the party so I could battle with it but unfortunately I didn't know that the move button allowed you to put the Pokemon in the party and I thought release allowed me to see the Pokemon, so I released my friend's Pikachu. I felt like a complete moron after he told what I accidentally did and luckily, I learnt fast after that and I haven't do that mistake since.

I used my Masterball on a Relicanth in Emerald...

Using Articuno. Period.

That Ice/Flying typing.

A friend convinced me that if I managed to get my Missingno from R/S/G to G/S/C that I could breed them and produce Mews. Needless to say it failed well before the breeding part... After I had purchased a 2nd gameboy so I could trade with myself.

I thought you could get to Johto if you went east of Ever Grande City in Pokemon Emerald :/

Page 139 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast