Page 142 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 3854

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

I thought that only legendaries could be caught with the Master Ball.
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

Stupid things I did:

-Knock out the Red Gyrados in Pkmn HeartGold. I thought you had to knock it out.
    -I believed that you couldn't catch the legendaries without master balls (never could catch them with master balls)
    -Only train my starter (but I would catch other Pokemon)
    -Repeatedly save (I still do so, somewhat)

Don't have anything else I can actually remember.
    My trade shop is now open!
    --------------------------------------------
    The Cosmic Voyage (on hiatus because of boredom)
    --------------------------------------------
    3DS Friend Code: 1418 - 7771 - 0495
    Friend Safari: Grass
    2DS Friend Code: 1865 - 0564 - 3202
    Friend Safari: Psychic
    ---------------------------------------------
    YouTube
    DeviantArt
        Spoiler:- Shiny Pokemon:
    I HAVE CLAIMED SEALEO. YOU WILL PERISH AT THE FLIPPERS OF THE SEALEO MASTER RACE (Spheal was already claimed).

Quote Originally Posted by ShachonianX View Post
    -Repeatedly save (I still do so, somewhat)
    How is constantly saving stupid? Personally I think it's very smart because that way if you lose to an opponent you can just start where you left off and lost money will be regained.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Stupid Things I did:
    -Overleveling Rocky the Onix from Pokemon Crystal and then wonder why it didn't listen to me.
    -Evolving Growlithe at lv 23 when its moveset was Rocksmash, Leer, Ember, and Bite
    -Catching a random pokemon with a Master Ball
    -Only leveling up my starter, Arcanine, and Onix
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

In Pokemon DPPT, somewhere around Route 210 (where you have to remove the Psyduck) I thought you could get a Charmander on Christmas Eve. That is what somebody told me xD
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

I wouldn't call it 'stupid' per-say, but I didn't know the difference between Special/Physical attacks and stat distributions, so I would think Hydro Pump would be excellent for Feraligatr. XD
    3ds FC: Mystica; 2621-3668-7527
    Safari: Electric; Electabuzz, Parchirisu, Galvantula {partially full}

Art belongs to me
    Preferred Battle Style: Rotation

I was really shocked when I found out that earthquake was a physical move, I used to think how stupid people were using earthquake on a garchomp. XD
    FC: 5172-1099-6053
    Friend Safari: Meditite, Throh, Breloom
    XY Shinies:

Mega Metagross will kill you 4x4

I'm sure a lot of people did this, but I usually only caught 2 or 3 Pokemon throughout the whole game as a kid and trained those 2 or 3 only. It was funny because I always wondered why it took me literally FOREVER to beat the Elite Four, lol. I was young.

I also thought Geodude evolved into Onix XD
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Victini223 View Post
    I also thought Geodude evolved into Onix XD
    The only thing those two have in common is that they are rocks, and that's it.

It's very weird that you thought that.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    The only thing those two have in common is that they are rocks, and that's it.

It's very weird that you thought that.
    Ikr. I thought
    Geodude->Onix->Graveler->Golem XD
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

Keep "A" button pressed for more damage

I thought if I leveled a first-stage Pokemon to 100, it could probably still beat some of Lance's Gen 2 Mons...
    Also, I believed the Legendary Beasts/Ho-Oh could regenerate if you actually fainted them back in GSC. :| Needless to say...I never did catch Ho-Oh or Raikou...

Image by なべのふた
    This is all I need to feel safe and warm
    When we're together, that's all that matters

Quote Originally Posted by MonMonCandie View Post
    I thought if I leveled a first-stage Pokemon to 100, it could probably still beat some of Lance's Gen 2 Mons...
    Wait, he doesn't have any Gen II Pokémon in any game he's in, at least not in the first match.

Need I say more than the old: Up + A followed by Down + B method of catching Pokemon? Haha I believed it true.

I'm sure I may have posted in this thread before but after my recent play through of Soul Silver, some memories have came back to me. These were all when I first began with my Gold version. I received both Gold and Blue for Xmas in '02 and the Pokemon hype has continued since... with smarter play now that I'm not a nub (and a LOT older)!

My Gold Version facepalms:
    - Buying surplus amounts of RageCandyBars thinking they were Rare Candy bars and I could level up my team to the extreme.
    - Getting upset when my cherished Pidgeotto came down with Pokerus in the same town!
    - Thinking I got duped/scammed by giving Mr. Pokemon my Red Scale in exchange for his Exp. Share.
    - Scouring every corner of the internet for cheats to catch Celebi after hours spent circling the shrine in Ilex(?) Forest.
    - When my first pokemon fainted, I thought it was gone forever and cried.

My Blue Version facepalms:
    - Mashing the A button on Rocket Bridge outside Cerulean City in a hopes that the game would actually let me join Team Rocket. Hey I loved them!
    - Saving twice.... yeah, because I didn't see the first screen say "Saving... Don't turn off the power"... And maybe three times a charm just for safety.
    - Nicknaming anything and EVERYTHING - but watching the Sky Racing channel of Horse Races for potential awesome sounding names.
    - Sitting in front of the TV with paper and pen doing the above while in the process of nicknaming a freshly caught pokemon.
    - The ol' Mew under the truck.

But then finding the glitch/way to actually catch Mew and being shocked it worked.

Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

Where to begin... Some of them I can remember are that if you are fighting anybody with an unevolved Pokémon that you had to hammer it with the strongest move in your arsenal to defeat it or it would go all Anime and miraculously survive and suddenly evolve, heal itself, and learn a bunch of new OP moves and floor your entire team... Needless to say, all of my Pokémon knew Hyper Beam....

Yes, I was a Mash to Catch player, and still push R+L+A+V on D-Pad out of habit and nostalgia.

I thought that the patch of grass south Pallet was where you could catch starters.

Mew under the truck.

Mew in the garbage can off of Vermillion.

Mew in space in Hoenn.

Mew at Snowpoint Temple.

That Ditto is a man-made Pokémon, a failed Mew clone created by Fuji, Blaine and Co. (I still have that as my head cannon.)

Kyogre was Lugia's wife.

Was I the only Magikarp waterer in DPPt?

Saved the best for last: I took the phrase "Gotta catch 'em all!!!" WAAAAAAAY to seriously... I stocked up on Pokéballs because I figured that you had to catch them ALL... ALL OF THEM... I can not tell you how many Ratatta, Pidgies, Weedles, Caterpies, Pikachu, and Spearow I had... I was so proud of myself that I showed my cousin, and got mad and cried when he laughed at me.

Those are all I can think of, but there are probably many more.
    Last edited by Joth; 12th May 2014 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Remembered another one!
    Dark Friend Safari with
    - -
    Friend Code: 0576 - 5970 - 2604

PM before you add me!

This is so cringe worthy, I can't believe I'm going to share it.

Ok, ok, ok, it was 1999, during the original series' first run in the UK, so I was only about 8 or 9, don't judge.

One of my best friends at Primary School used to lie a hell of a lot, but for some reason I always believed him, don't ask me why.

He told me once that he had found a secret American channel that showed Pokemon episodes months before they broadcast over here, and in these episodes Ash had a, and I quote, "level 35 Wartortle." I think some of his other Pokemon he claimed Ash had included an Ivysaur and a Hitmonlee, though I can't remember exactly what he said.

I think at this point in reality, Ash only actually had Pikachu, Butterfree, Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and Krabby.

He also told me Ho-Oh's name was Rainbowtross (this was before Ho-Oh had officially been named) and Marril's was Pikablu (before it's debut).

-----------------------------

Obviously thats all anime related. Game related, we all believed the Mew under the truck thing. I think I might've saved game 365 times to get the S.S. Anne back or something. Can't remember exactly.
    Last edited by MattySadler; 12th May 2014 at 11:37 PM.

I killed a suicine in pokemon silver while training my Meganium. Not releasing I couldn't capure it after that. In Pokemon Red I used the missingno glitch on cinnabar island. Eventually it corrupted my game that I lost the save and every time I save and go back on the save was erased.
    3DS friend code Juan 1650-2493-6955
    PSN Juanito119
    My friend safari Aipom, Minccino and Ditto.
        Spoiler:- Breeding list:

Spoiler:- Looking for:

The first time Faint Attack was used on one of my Pokemon, it happened to knock the Pokemon out. I then believed that Faint Attack always made your Pokemon faint. (Hence the name)
    Pokemon Black 2 Team: Emboar, Ampharos, Leavanny, Mandibuzz, Gothitelle, Jellicent
    Pokemon Y Team: Greninja, Talonflame, Venusaur, Tyrantrum, Klefki, Avalugg
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Team: Grovyle, Ralts, Makuhita

I caught a Zigzagoon using the Master Ball I found in the Aqua Hideout. Also, I knocked out Regice without saving before going on to fight it.

learned about natures, restarted my game to get good natures.
    learned about IVs, restarted my game to get good IVs.
    learned how to actually EV spread, restarted my game and made EV spreads.
    learned how to properly distribute EVs, restarted my game and re-EV spread.
    learned about Ev reducing berries, face palm.
    thought about the entire process I went through to get where I am at now, face palm.
    HELLA DUMB BRUH!
    Last edited by Umbreon2112; 13th May 2014 at 1:15 AM.

I used to think that Lugia was the love-child of Articuno and Zapdos. I didn't think Moltres was involved because Lugia lived in the sea and Moltres was made of fire. This was back when the Movie 2000 came out lol.

Besides the classic kid stuff like believing stat increasing / decreasing moves were utterly worthless and giving awful movesets to pretty much everything? (Charizard with flamethrower, fire spin, fire blast, and cut? Totally viable.) Took a long time for 5-year-old me to figure out how to leave the house, but to be fair I was five, never played a video game before, and didn't have older siblings or friends to help. It's a miracle I took to it as quickly as I did.

I would've been around 7 years old when gen II came out. I had gold, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to find lugia. I had the silver wing, and I had whirlpool, and I knew that Lugia was in the whirl islands... I spent probably hours surfing around that area. I concluded that I couldn't find it because I had gold version instead of silver - which is sort of funny considering this was before legendarys became version-exclusive. To this day I have never caught a lugia and have no idea where I went wrong...

Oh, and also in gold, when your rival says his name is "???" I thought that was literally his name. I told the police officer his name was "???" and thus he was called that the entire game and I always wondered what his real name was. xD

In gen III my friend told me that if I bred a vileplume and bellossom together, the offspring would be a treecko. I tried. I got an oddish. :<
    Last edited by Tangeh; 13th May 2014 at 4:10 AM.

Happy Holidays!
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~ ~
    [719/719]
    NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED! - Thanks to all who helped!
    -06/17/2014-

Thought that Slowbro evolved into Slowking

Thought that any Pokemon that didn't evolve was Legendary

This one is the fault of a really mean cousin of my friend: Ashes in our world were the result of Charizard burning Ash to dust, and that's why they were called Ashes

Thought that Unown were American Exclusive because they were in English

Thought that all teams in the games were just Rocket in disguise and that at the end of the game, two grunts would come up to you and reveal themselves to actually be Jessie and James

Killing the Snorlax in Soulsilver. My brother did it too, and we both also managed to catch the Sudowoodo. -_-
    I'm baaa-aack!
    Rapidash Rocks! I will always think so!
    My deviantART: http://hgart12.deviantart.com/

Rapidash Banner was made by HGart12 on deviantART, otherwise known as RapidashRocks524 on here. In other words, I MADE IT. PM me if you want me to make you a banner

Getting lost in rock tunnel without flash and saving inside the cave. Cried to my dad about it but did actually manage to find my way back out again.
    Trading with my friend using her slightly dodgy link cable, corrupting my game meaning I had to restard my first red file wit my lv 100 charizard, mewtwo, zapdos, articuno and all 150 pokes collected
    - Then pretending to see my old charizard from that game flying up in the sky, set free but still watching over me
    Repeating the two point above.
    Thinking normal types were "star" pokemon
    Thinking victreebel was called weezingbell
    Current HG BQ:

hung from the underbelly of the earth,
    while the stars skid away, below,
    gormless and brakeless, gravel-loose,
    falling silent as gavels in the snow

Page 142 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast