Page 143 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 3854

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by RapidashRocks524 View Post
    Thought that Slowbro evolved into Slowking
    Believe it or not, people still think like that. Somebody even uses Eviolite Slowbro...

Right now the only thing I can think of is thinking that Lickitung was a gen 2 pokemon and arguing over my older brother about it XC

Now that I think about it more, I remember some things I thought were untrue about typing due to gen 1 pokemon games. Like, I used to think they made Psychic types way more OP in terms of what they are actually super effective against. Like due to most grass types also being poison types & the only ghost types around were poison types, I thought Psychic & Ghost were super effective against each other (-_- what would be the point in that...) & that they were also super effective against grass types. I actually argued this also with my older bro & went out of my way to fight a Tangela to prove him wrong(but I was pretty embarrassed to find out otherwise), because back then it just made since for Psychic to be super effective to grass types to me for some reason.
    Last edited by HoundoomFan; 29th May 2014 at 3:47 AM.

Hmm...well I just remembered a rather stupid thing I did while breeding in B2

I wanted a Hippodon with Slack Off so I bred one with the nature I wanted, EV trained it, leveled it to 50, AND THEN went to it's serebii page....and found out it was an egg move...

So needless to say I had to redo the entire process.
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

I just remembered a few more stupid things I used to do in Pokémon:

-I used the previously-mentioned A and B trick, before adding Down because someone claimed that. I still do that today as a force of habit.

-I didn't know shinies were that special, so when I found a shiny Gulpin, I returned to the route I found it on later in Emerald, thinking I would find another if I stepped on a certain tile. Then I got rid of my Ruby. I still regret that.

-I always used offense moves, so that my Cyndaquil's moves in PMD:EoT were Flamethrower, Flame Wheel, Dig and Tackle. Not kidding about that last one.

-Used my Master Balls on Articunos, Absols, and all manner of more common Pokémon. I learnt after a while.

-I was, for some odd reason, afraid of the Poison status and never played Blue after it happened to my Blastoise. I must have thought it would refuse to battle for me if it fainted again or something.

-This is something that happened recently (and still does), but as I like to use Pokémon I like competitively, I often end up with an entire team of five sweepers and one tank. I've tried to fix that in my most recent team, though.

-Also recently- I entered the level 100 faction of the Battle Tower in Sapphire to find myself massively overlevelled... And by massively overlevelled, I mean that my highest levelled Pokémon was a level 53 Banette in a group of level 100s. (Don't ask how I defeated the Champion's level 58 Metagross.) I should have probably seen it coming, but I didn't.

On that topic, I also taught some of the TMs I needed for my planned team to my ingame team.

-Another current thing of stupidity- I'm terrible at creating movesets, but I refuse to use Smogon's help. The result is as expected.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Wolf-Howl View Post
    -I didn't know shinies were that special, so when I found a shiny Gulpin, I returned to the route I found it on later in Emerald, thinking I would find another if I stepped on a certain tile. Then I got rid of my Ruby. I still regret that.
    To be honest I'm not a big fan of shinies myself.

To me they are nothing but miscolored Pokémon.

I know they're rare though, but yeah. I don't find shiny Pokémon to be anything special myself. The only difference between shiny and regular Pokémon is the color and that's it.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Back when I frist started playing my Pokemon always had moves of their type:

Ex:

Pikachu
    Thunder wave
    Thunder
    Thunderbolt
    Flash

Charizard
    Flamethrower
    Fire Spin
    Ember
    Fire Blast

I so glad I got better...

I used to think that Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos all merged together to form Lugia.

I thought that when the "neo" series of Pokemon Cards came out, with gen 2 pokemon, that they were all rare, because my friend told me such.

All offensive movesets pretty much until I was 23.

Not realizing HM moves were permanent, and playing through the game with a Cut Charizard.

When I started collecting the cards, I had all Topps cards and thought they were so cool until the kids with the real cards blatantly told me that mine weren't ****.

I played through Gen V.

I used Brain Boy to edit Pokemon in G/S. I had a flying Diglet just so I can see it on Pokemon Stadium. I also had flying Venusaur.

Having the power to edit the moves of any Pokemon I had to literally any move, thus being able to create perfect move sets, I basically had Mew and a bunch of starters/ cool pokes with Hydro Pump, Thunder, Fire Blast, Hyper Beam, thinking that these were the best sets.

Not knowing what STAB was until I was 22.

Having a full team of Rattattas because they reminded me of my dog.

Not evolving my starter from it's first for to it's second until it was in its 30s and nearly ready to lvl up to final form. Someone told me that unevolved pokemon level up faster. I did this till I was 23, when someone on my last deployment pointed out to me that it was false. That's right, we played pokemon in the desert.

Assossiating pokemon types with the types of their cards instead of the actual types. So Gengar was psychic, rocks and grounds were fighting, etc.
    Friend Code: 4656-6478-1692

Interested in trading and casual battling.

Currently breeding for flawless/near flawless Gible. So I have several male and female Gibles with 2-4 perfect IVs if you are looking for trade. Have other species with 2-4 perfect IVs.

Currently seeking a Contrary Shuckle and Gale Wings Talon Flame. Also anyone willing to give up aggronite, charzidite x or mewtwoite x.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBurgundy View Post
    Not evolving my starter from it's first for to it's second until it was in its 30s and nearly ready to lvl up to final form. Someone told me that unevolved pokemon level up faster. I did this till I was 23, when someone on my last deployment pointed out to me that it was false. That's right, we played pokemon in the desert.
    Though to be fair there is a good reason not to evolve a Pokémon immediately.

Most unevolved Pokémon learn a specific move a couple of levels before its evolved form.

And in some cases, like with Trapinch and Larvesta the evolved form doesn't learn the move they learn by level up at all.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    To be honest I'm not a big fan of shinies myself.

To me they are nothing but miscolored Pokémon.

I know they're rare though, but yeah. I don't find shiny Pokémon to be anything special myself. The only difference between shiny and regular Pokémon is the color and that's it.
    Yeah... I do like the aesthetic change, but it would be better if they still had great IVs like in Gold and Silver. Either way, I mostly regret it because of the rarity.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Trying to speed up the bicycle by holding the B button. That was a bad thought :P
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

When I forgot to erase my save data in Diamond when I started a new game with a shiny Turtwig... -.-
    Shinies I Have:

Shinies I'm Hunting:

Cheating and without good ivs. Thought ivs were not needed. Same with evs
    I'm a Dutch boy, who is a christian. I'm reformed and I'm proud of it.
    If you want to talk about my religion or the Bible, feel free to pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by pokefreakceetje View Post
    Cheating and without good ivs. Thought ivs were not needed. Same with evs
    I know what you mean man, when I first used action replay to get infinite rare candies (I was like 7 years old), I had no idea that they barely increased the Pokemon's stats... Now I prefer to play without cheats, since the point of the game is to grind, battle, catch, learn about strategies, etc.
    Shinies I Have:

Shinies I'm Hunting:

lets see, in Diamond I couldn't face the Sunnyshore gym and I immediately thought it was a glitch and was upset quite a bit, so I restarted, only to realise later on that I had to face team galactic first and i misjudged the entire plot, I was only little so I didn't know much
    I have claimed

*Thinking that if you beat a shiny, you can always find it again, not knowing of the 1/8156 chance (something like that?)
    *Deleting your game will let you catch all your Pokemon again.
    *Slowbro- Slowking thing XD
    *Deleting my Pearl that had a lvl 80 Jirachi, shiny Pichu, AND shiny bulbasaur (i didnt hack any of them, i got a venusaur from some idiot i know XD)
    *That shinies were EXTREMELY overpowered (alas, i found out when my brother beat my shiny Kricketune)
    *That your pokemon die when they reach lvl 100 or you overbreed (I was scared when i bred a Luxray too much, and when my Salamence reached 100 D: )
    *Wasted a masterball on a Caterpie (pain in the butt to get Lugia DX)
    Started playing when i was 5-6, and I'm getting X and a 2ds this week.

Thought that Remoraid evolved to Mantine.....then I finally evolved my Remoraid and got Octillery....I was even more confused.

This is my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem's Eclipse View Post
    Thought that Remoraid evolved to Mantine.....then I finally evolved my Remoraid and got Octillery....I was even more confused.
    Who wouldn't be? The fact that a small fish completely unrelated to octopuses evolves into one would confuse anybody.

I always thought that the red spots on my Tentacool card were his eyes (This was before I got any games. The card also didn't show the eyes very well, so yeah)
    I'm baaa-aack!
    Rapidash Rocks! I will always think so!
    My deviantART: http://hgart12.deviantart.com/

Rapidash Banner was made by HGart12 on deviantART, otherwise known as RapidashRocks524 on here. In other words, I MADE IT. PM me if you want me to make you a banner

I always believed that psychic was super-effective against flying :'D
    Friend Code X/Y: 5413-0119-2660
    IGN: Ryan
    Friend Safari: (ROCK)
    Check out my Youtube videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/RyIsBored
    Mega Wishlist:

The stupidest thing I remember was trying to produce some sort of metronome beat using Kingler's cry in the pokedex (like his cry goes "pun chen ohn ohn", and I just went "pun chen, pun chen, pun chen, pun pun pun chen, pun chen, pun chen, pun pun pun chen...and so on).

PS: this was the best written onomatopoeia I could come up with.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

I used to think that jotho and janto were the same regions lol. I never playd gen 2 games sooo....

well lets see :
    i thought groudons name was ruby
    i thought the amulette coin was the key to finding said ruby ( i had NEVER played pokemon before, always wanted to but no console to play it on, and the point of that game to me was groudon)
    latias hid in some secret room at the back of the safari zone
    there was a secret part of the leaf green safari zone where every single pokemon could be caught
    i could somehow get my hands one venastoise
    pikachu was the best pokemon in existence
    the master ball was simply a myth
    i wasnt the brightest kid so i didnt understand the game and thought it was a lot more lke the anime , so i worried if a pokemon didnt like me it would run away
    and thats all i remember
    White 2 unova pokedex completed
    Pokemon y - foreign pokemon hunting for masuda method

White friend code :5201 2508 7784
    White 2 friend code :4471 1042 4114
    Pokemon Y friend code : 0748-2127-6900

Check out my youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/ZSKgamers

One stupid thing I did is that using electric types on a ground type Pokémon when I first play the game. The other one is that I trained my Yungerer and raised to level 100 while I was expecting it will evolve into a Foodin. At that time I did not know that trading is required for evolution.

I used to think that moves taught to a Pokémon through a TM or HM wouod be weaker than learned by levels. But the reason for that is because of stats.

Credit to Astral Shadow

When gen 4 came out when I was little, I thought Pachirisu was a legendary because it had no evolution (I assumed a pokemon had to have no evolution to be legendary) and in the gen 4 pokedex book, Pachirisu's page had stars and everything XD

So of course, I went around telling everyone Pachirisu was a legendary and refusing to listen to anything else anyone told me

Page 143 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast