Page 144 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 3854

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

  1. #3576
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Using the Missingno cheat for master balls and rare candies, but knowing nothing about IVs or EVs

  2. #3577
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Jinhua, Zhejiang.
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robersj4 View Post
    Using the Missingno cheat for master balls and rare candies, but knowing nothing about IVs or EVs
    That was not too bad in my opinion unless you are going to battle with your friend. At level 100 even Elite Four can not stop you because I did that when I was young.

  3. #3578
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    That was not too bad in my opinion unless you are going to battle with your friend. At level 100 even Elite Four can not stop you because I did that when I was young.

    True. Just looking back, I laugh because I could have had Pokemon with really bad IVs/EVs. Also, I almost never battled with friends so why would I need level 100 Pokemon other than to say I had them? Haha

  4. #3579
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Honeyhive Galaxy
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I thought the high leveled Magikarps (The Battle Resort is where you caught them) in Platinum were unable to evolve. xD

    I have claimed the Cruel Pokémon, Liepard!

  5. #3580
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    West Midlands, England
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I used to think that if i couldnt reach something in pokemon firered you could just keep walking against whats blocking you and youd eventually get over and I also used to order when the regions were introduced, I saw 2003 for Ruby and then 2005 or 4 for Firered and i thought hoenn came before kanto not ever knowing until i was 9 that they were remakes haha. I used to order it about where ash has been and was in the anime.
    Wonder Trade Analytic~
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    POKEMON GLOBAL LINK MEDALS
    073

  6. #3581
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    1,753

    Default

    I once thought that contests in the game, were like the kinds in the anime. I was so disappointed when it wasn't, still liked them though.

  7. #3582
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    29

    Default

    This isn't really game related, but when I was little I was browsing Bulbapedia or something, and I found an article on RocketShipping. For some reason, that made me think that all character shipping was illogically called RocketShipping.
    My FC: 3050-8139-4089
    Friend Safari: Munna Espurr Xatu

  8. #3583
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    34

    Default

    I guess this isn't really a thing I did as a kid, but until a few days ago I always thougth Fire was effective against flying.
    Also I guess this is sort of stupid, but I still almost exclusivly use Offensive moves on most of my pokemon. Usually works because my 'mons are completly overlevelled and I have attacks against most types.

  9. #3584
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In the shadows...
    Posts
    16

    Default

    I though Electric was weak to Water.
    SWEET RAVE PARTY

  10. #3585
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In the land down under.
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I used to think that the less PP a move has, the weaker it was.

    So my Empoleon in Diamond never learned Hydro Pump, unfortunately. :I

    -Creativity is just another word for Insanity-

    So I was looking at a fire blanket one day and I thought "Because fire totally wants to sleep at night. Maybe Americium can sing you a lullaby." ~ Skye-42, 2014

    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."
    -Elite Four Karen



    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  11. #3586

    Default

    I didn't know what release meant until I used it. In LeafGreen I used release on my Venusaur because I was curious to see what happens. And when when I released it, I got frustrated.

    Also when I was little, I used to think that Misty and Brock were Ash's mom and dad.

  12. #3587
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I never used to use items in Gen I because I thought if I was a good trainer then I shouldn't have to. So cue me back tracking to the Pokémon Centre after every few fights to heal up. I have no idea why I thought the Pokémon Centre was better than using a Potion, I guess that was the old RPG player instinct in me (save your items!)

    Saying that, I never had to work hard to train my team because I was constantly doubling back on myself.
    Pokédex complete!
    Pokémon Y FC: 4742-5579-6556, Safari: Flying - Farfetch'd, Tranquill and Fletchinder
        Spoiler:- Offers:

        Spoiler:- Shinies I Can Trade:

  13. #3588
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Jinhua, Zhejiang.
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokuei View Post
    I never used to use items in Gen I because I thought if I was a good trainer then I shouldn't have to. So cue me back tracking to the Pokémon Centre after every few fights to heal up. I have no idea why I thought the Pokémon Centre was better than using a Potion, I guess that was the old RPG player instinct in me (save your items!)

    Saying that, I never had to work hard to train my team because I was constantly doubling back on myself.
    I rarely use Pokémon Centre because I have to save time. Potions often did a great job when in urgent need.

  14. #3589
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    235

    Default

    I used to think feebas would evolve by levelling up in emerald... I had a feebas to level 100 and I was like... WTF?????

  15. #3590
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    34

    Default

    You guys know those videos where someone shows you a tutorial on getting a event legendary because you where too young to understand how events work? And then after doing it over and over you realize that they lied to you and that you'll never get darkrai because all the other kids won't let you have one? Yeah,that's me in 3rd grade. T_T

  16. #3591
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinleaf Town
    Posts
    28

    Default

    That a Pokemon wouldn't evolve past the level it was intended to. So a Silcoon at lvl 11 couldn't ever evolve.


    Claimant of Spiritomb

  17. #3592
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    3

    Default

    That holding my system sideways would somehow cause less damage to my Pokémon.

  18. #3593
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Holding down the "Down button" and pressing "B" to catch a pokemon, or holding the left directionand B to decrees hp quicker for a attack.
    Wake up and smell the Oddish

  19. #3594
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Jinhua, Zhejiang.
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightblind249 View Post
    Holding down the "Down button" and pressing "B" to catch a pokemon, or holding the left directionand B to decrees hp quicker for a attack.
    I did that stupid thing as well when it was in Game Boy for Pokémon Red. I thought this would increase the chance for catching Mewtwo for instance.

  20. #3595
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightblind249 View Post
    Holding down the "Down button" and pressing "B" to catch a pokemon
    I did that so much as a kid that I pretty much do it as a force of habit now. I feel dumb for doing it, but habits are hard to break.

  21. #3596
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    521

    Default

    1. I thought that when a Pokémon got to Lv100, it died, so when I trained a Pokémon to 99 I stopped using it :P
    2. I thought an Everstone made Geodude evolve :/
    3. You could breed Legendaries with Ditto to get Lv1 Legends like what people on GTS always want.
    4. If I pressed A every time the PokéBall moved, it would help the catch-rate.
    5. When I got LeafGreen I used Charizard and nothing else, level 99 (remember No. 1), then when I played a friend he had 6 Lv100 Blazikens (cloning hack on Emerald), I was like "How come they haven't died?" so I thought he was cheating (in a way he was) and I beat 5 of his Pokémon with just Charizard, and when I got low health I thought I'd be clever and use a Full Restore, but on wireless games you can't use items He defeated my Charizard with his last Blaziken and I had nothing left apart from Lv30 water types and a Lv60 Electrode with Explosion (I gave him a Quick Claw in hope), so I lost.
    6. I thought you had to nickname your starter after your game (i.e. naming my Treecko Emerald).
    Amourshipping and Generation III for the win!

  22. #3597
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Montenegró
    Posts
    2,926

    Default

    I always thought that rare candies = strongest pokemon.

    This is embarrassing to recall, but I remember hacking my gameboy when I was 10 so I could have an umlimited number of rare candies in Emerald. I used them on all my pokemon (I was midway through collecting badges) and I thought that they were the strongest things (didn't know about EVs and IVs). I only used cute pokemon so I remember having a level 72 Pichu against trainers with level 30 something pokemon. I thought I was such a boss lol
    A month later, my game was stolen with my hacked rare candies and I was so devastated I still remember crying when I found it missing bad memory. I call it my rare candy noob days, and I am so glad that I learned about EVs later on. Even though my Pichu was level 70, it still did bad in the league and was weak as ****.

    Quote Originally Posted by torterra_4_the_win View Post
    4. If I pressed A every time the PokéBall moved, it would help the catch-rate.
    Oh same! I still do it now out of habit tbh
    Last edited by Sephora; 13th June 2014 at 9:44 AM.




  23. #3598
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    I always thought that rare candies = strongest pokemon.

    This is embarrassing to recall, but I remember hacking my gameboy when I was 10 so I could have an umlimited number of rare candies in Emerald. I used them on all my pokemon (I was midway through collecting badges) and I thought that they were the strongest things (didn't know about EVs and IVs). I only used cute pokemon so I remember having a level 72 Pichu against trainers with level 30 something pokemon. I thought I was such a boss lol
    A month later, my game was stolen with my hacked rare candies and I was so devastated I still remember crying when I found it missing bad memory. I call it my rare candy noob days, and I am so glad that I learned about EVs later on. Even though my Pichu was level 70, it still did bad in the league and was weak as ****.



    Oh same! I still do it now out of habit tbh
    LOL I Lv'd up all of my Pokémon to Lv100 with my 5 strongest out of each type (fire, water, grass would be the starters) and Lv50 with all of the others, with Rare Candies.
    Amourshipping and Generation III for the win!

  24. #3599
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    81

    Default

    While I was playing Silver as a kid I used by Masterball on Ditto as I thought it gains the strenght of the Pokemon it fights. Later I discovered Lugia and I couln't catch it;-/
    My friends while crossing Johto:

  25. #3600
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Crimefighting with Deadpool
    Posts
    118

    Default

    I always though that I HAD to catch any Pokemon I'd run into. So in Silver, I had so many Pidgey, Drowzee, Spearow, what have you. Also, I had a knack for releasing many of my Pokemon and I'm pretty sure I released many of the valuable ones thinking I'd find them in the wild again. Lastly, there was leaving everything to my starter. I pretty much beat the E4 with only Feraligatr while the rest were pitifully underlevelled. Then again, he was close to 100 before my game's internal battery crashed.
    Omega Ruby Team



    Team Pose by Astral Shadow.
    DA Account here


    Proud owner of my childhood partner, Feraligatr ♡

Page 144 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •