Page 145 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 3728

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Technically this isn't a stupid thing related to Pokémon directly, but I was playing it on my sister's Gameboy Advance (I still love those things <3) and Wallace's Whiscash defeated my final Pokémon with a move, it might have been Fissure, and I lost it. Threw the Gameboy on the ground, mum caught me and I got banned from it for a month unless I apologised to my sister. I took the ban.
    Amourshipping and Generation III for the win!

Drawn by torterra_4_the_win

Quote Originally Posted by torterra_4_the_win View Post
    Technically this isn't a stupid thing related to Pokémon directly, but I was playing it on my sister's Gameboy Advance (I still love those things <3) and Wallace's Whiscash defeated my final Pokémon with a move, it might have been Fissure, and I lost it. Threw the Gameboy on the ground, mum caught me and I got banned from it for a month unless I apologised to my sister. I took the ban.
    Why you took the ban instead? I know it is so annoying that opponent uses OHKO moves to eliminate your Pokémon. But did you save your game before challenging the champion? Speaking of fighting the Elite Four I have one used my starter and five Sonans in my team with plenty of Potions and Revives. I just like using Counter/ Mirror Coat to knock out their Pokémon.

I basically used Red as a pet sim. I didn't care so much about leveling them up as I did about becoming their friend. :P

Credit to Archangel Armada

Back in my early elementary school years, my friend and I had pokemon games and loved them. However, we had no way to connect our games and battle each other. Instead, we would just go to my trampoline and start recreating our own battles with imagination! It was so dumb, but we had a blast!
    Current Shinies: (LG, ~1000 SRs), (SS, ~7750 SRs), (SS, 2624 REs, 8/1/14), (SS, #4694), (Plat, ??? SRs, 8/21/14), Scatterbug (Y, 8/27/14), (Plat, 1381 SRs, 8/27/14), (Plat, 347 DREs, 8/29/14)

Current Targets: (LG, 1500 REs), (SS, 175 SRs), Chespin (X, 350 SRs), (Plat, 4000 DREs), (White 2, 40 SRs)

Lost Shinies: (All lost on 7/12/12)

Reclaimed Shinies: (7/19/14), (7/24/14), (8/4/14)

Here's to new beginnings and many more shinies to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryubane View Post
    OMG, tons of stuff (Mostly due to a "nerdy" 6-year old friend who really did think all of this was true):

~ Magcargo evolved into Torkoal
    ~ Latios and Latias, when put in the daycare, made baby Lugias
    ~ Of course, the obligatory button-mashing-to-catch-a-Pokemon stuff.
    ~ There was a super-rare Pokemon that new all eight HM's in exactly one spot in R/S on a given time of the week.
    ~ Groudon and Kyogre were actually called Ruby and Sapphire.
    ~ The Trick Master, after you've completed all his challenges, hid in a secret passage in Victory road.
    ~ Female Hippowdon were shiny.
    ~ The first shiny Pokemon I ever found (a Linoone) was a glitch. So I slaughtered it with the strongest Pokemon in my arsenal.
    ~ The Scorched Slab held the secret to getting Mew in R/S.
    ~ Dragon-types were weak against water. The fire and such...
    ~ Gastly was a split-evolution that tied in with Cloyster.
    ~ Poliwhirl and Poliwrath were the same Pokemon.
    ~ If you got a team of six Pokemon to lvl. 100, they would all have a simultaneous evolution and merge into one ultimate Pokemon.
    ~ All the Pokegods were real, and each one could be obtained for every ten times you beat the Pokemon league.
    ~ The Ho-oh that flew over Ash in the first episode of the anime was not a Ho-oh, but rather a Fearow evolution named Leerow.
    ~ There was a way to obtain a custom-colored red, white, and blue Pikachu by some crazy means that involved leaving your game on and unattended for 24 hours straight. Needless to say, I stopped believing every single one of this kid's rumors after this.
    ~ And probably the coup de gras, ZapMolCuno (yes, that Team Rocket experiment in the manga) was apparently obtainable, by means of obtaining all three legendary birds in R/B and then trading them to R/S. Then they’d all fuse together. Yeah.

hahah nice list

2/3ds Friend code:0104-1468-6275 IGN:Marc

Friend safari; Doduo, Woobat, fletcheinder

When I was a kid I though Latios and Latias were johto Pokemon and Rayquaza was a Kanto Pokemon and somehow Steelix and Rayquaza were related.

I used to think that how you pronounced Lucario Used to be Lu-ca-rio instead of Lu-car-rio it sounded really weird. xD

Spoiler:- Credit/Symbol/Badge:

Pressed A while catching Pokemon.
    Defeated Groudon in Emerald and saved after that (I got upset)
    My bro told me Normal type Pokemon had no weakness and I believed him. XD

Quote Originally Posted by xDarkNeko View Post
    Defeated Groudon in Emerald and saved after that (I got upset)
    My bro told me Normal type Pokemon had no weakness and I believed him. XD
    LOL I did that xD

The normal type thing is close though, I believed steel wouldn't have any when it was introduced.
    Amourshipping and Generation III for the win!

Drawn by torterra_4_the_win

Other things that happened
    I thought you could go to space and get Jirachi in RSE LOL
    I thought Swampert and Kingdra were pure water type
    I used an HM Slave in the Battle Pike and I still won XD
    I only trained 3 pokemon when I got to Champion Wallace back when my starter was a Torchic. (They were all level 40 IDK HOW)

I used to think holding the A button during level up increased the amount of EXP that went into the bar (alas, it only made the bar fill faster, but not gain any extra points).
    ---
    And admit it, when you were little, you learned every move possible so see what the animation looked like. Because of this, i tried to find pokemon at their lowest level to see the most moves i could, even if i never used the pokemon :P
    Join the Mario Kart 7 in-game Community! "Bowser's Kids" (33-0669-8035-1832) Let's race!
    If you want my FC, I would like for us to talk often
    -Animal Crossing New Leaf
    -Mario Kart 7
    -Kid Icarus; Uprising
    -Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
    -Pokemon X

My first pokemon game was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red rescue team
    - Friend told me you could get Pichu by picking certain slots where it asks you about yourself
    - If I couldn't beat Rayquaza with a certain pair of pokemon, I'd keep restarting the game till I could( I was also horribly under-leveled each time, and I only re-battled like once, so I was constenly resetting)

When I got Leafgreen, I spent hours walking around trying to figure out how to meet Prof. Oak..I didn't even think to walk into the grass until much later
    I thought it was impossible to beat the game with Charizard or venasaur, and you needed to use Blastoise+ The legendary birds to beat them

Oh, I didn't know that in Gen 4, Nature determined what wurmple evolved into...I ended up finding a shiny wurmple, and CAUGHT IT....I reset my game 50 times trying to make it a silcoon...always was a cascoon.
    3DS FC: 0473-8359-5360

FS(Ghost): |Pumpkaboo|

Please do not add me if you have a Fighting,Normal,Poison,Ice or Psychic FS.

-shiny card coming soon-

I have claimed !

In red, I thought Ash was the last gym leader, and had a Pikachu level 100. :3
    The obvious button-mashing-to-catch-pokemon
    My shinies:
    Chaining:
    Random Encounters:
    Currently hunting:

Since english is not my main language, when I was 6 and I was playing pokémon Red, I tought the balls on the ground were Pokémon and not items.

Looking for HA FC: 2380-4063-9905 IGN: Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by xDarkNeko View Post
    I still do XD while I know it has zero effect. Some times I also press down at the same time for no reason really....
    LF shinies:
    LF: FT:
    FC: 2766-9478-4272 FS: normal type Minccino, Dunsparce and Smeargle
    I have these shinies for trade!

Please visit my trade shop: (It's still quite small but i'm working on it) http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...reeding-Corner

Successful Masuda methods(not for trade):

I was 6 when I played pokemon pearl... I didn't know how to get past the blue guy in order to get to Oreburgh City, so I kept walking in the same area over and over again, till my torterra was like lvl 75, and I didn't even have my first gymbadge xD I beat the game very quickly and I murdered the sh* out of palkia. Did save. I was horrible.
    claimed budew
    claimed Arcade Star Dahlia
    currently training my perfect EV&IV&HA Tyrantrum

For me nothing will ever top treating the Master Ball just like another random item in my first playthrough of Blue and just randomly throwing it at a Grimer.
    To be fair though defeating Moltres instead of catching it was even more painful in the long run.

Back in the days, I used to always look for the highest leveled Pokémon to catch (ex: Digglet cave's lvl31 Dugtrio), cause you know, they were stronger. Then I heard that trained Pokés were better than wild ones, so I switched to always catch the lowest possible level to train them (ex: same cave's lvl15 Diglett). And MANY years later, I learned about the EV system, and everything makes sense now.... I catch whatever the hell I want now!
    3DS FC: 5086-1917-7632
    Safari:
        Spoiler:- Can breed these Pokémons with their HA:

I used to think that if you beat exclusively enemy pokemon that had type advantages against your own, they would be stronger. I also thought that if you never let a pokemon faint, it would be stronger as well.

Spamming the a button to increase chances of catching- oh wait I still do that lol

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyKyurem View Post
    I basically used Red as a pet sim. I didn't care so much about leveling them up as I did about becoming their friend. :P
    Used Red as a what?

I used to think I could train in Pokemon gyms as a gym trainer. I spent great amounts of time standing in Brocks gym waiting for challengers. And I also thought my Pokemon evolved in order of when Ash's did in the anima.

hah, this brings back so many memories for me!

when i was a kid and 1st gen RBY was around, i kept hearing about the pikablu rumor, and the truck in vermillion, pushing it with HM Strength and finding the sleeping mew. so many great memories and rumors were floating around back then.
    one of the most stupid things i remember ever doing was using my one and only master ball to catch articuno. looking back on that, i felt incredibly foolish. now these days remembering the frustration and anger i felt as a kid, it was pretty stupid.
    i think the best rumor i had ever heard that i was really gullible with, one of my class mates had told me that if you use the item finder in the right spot inside mount moon, that you'd find togepi...in first gen! yet another moment of stupidity on my part. it was actually pretty bad because i spent at least a solid week trying to find that rather "elusive" togepi.

another great rumor that seemed to have stuck on me, and sort of shaped how i still play pokemon; "if you give them a nickname, they will not like you as much and they will have lower stats!". since i was a kid, that one just about gave me nightmares hahaha!

great times!
    Last edited by dresden_88; 25th July 2014 at 10:08 AM.
    regretfully, i'm announcing that i am leaving these forums. if anyone wants to get in contact with me, you can find me on pokecommunity.com and pokemon-online.eu (under the same name)

I used to think if you gave them nicknames there cry would be that when you send them out :P

Spoiler:- Credit/Symbol/Badge:

When I sold all my games, plushes, etc. I had a few shinies and plenty of really valuable events like a Mystery Mew. The worst part is Gamestop probably gave me a whopping $10 for the game trade-ins lol.

I hope whoever bought those games realized all the special Pokemon and didn't just restart it..

Thanks to Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design for the banner!
    ~I claim Medicham~

Page 145 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149 ... LastLast