Page 146 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 3854

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

i think the dumbest thing that i've done was thought that pikachu was an ultra super rare pokemon (like a legendary or somethin) because of the anime and used a master ball on it when i encountered one in the power plant. luckily, i didn't save afterwards.

One dumb thing i did was to not train my haunter for the elite 4 while it did basically still wipe out Bruno other than that it really didn't do much.

This is really stupid, but I'd thought I'd say it. I still do this actually, and a lot of people probably do.
    I catch and raise the Pokemon Ash does in a region. (eg. Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal, Swellow, Glalie, Pikachu)
    Amourshipping and Generation III for the win!

When I first played Yellow, I got so frustrated facing Koga. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why Venomoth wasn't taking super-effective hits from my Pikachu. It had wings, it must be Flying type!
    Siegfried is always ready to roll!

Friend Code: 0147-0756-9883

Member of the ION Pokemon League - Come join!

PokeGyms Badges:

Thanks to FairyWitch for the userbar art and to Azulart for the badge art!

I just hate how I only collected pokemon cards but never played with them, and I'll never know what happened to that goldmine of holographic legendaries/final evolution starters from the first set, I am happy now though that there's a free to play online PC pokemon TCG, I feel like a child playing it but the nostalgia is just too good, and I love how in the current beta there's no way to spend real money to get the best cards so only the people who play the most have the best cards, which is how free to play should be IMO, I know companies still need to make money but they could always put advertisements in there games, but I'm getting off topic, I spent my whole childhood collecting pokemon cards and playing the game but I never battled anyone and I never knew how to play the card game, I feel like such an idiot

When I was a kid I thought TM (Technical Machine) stood for Trade Mark.

Sapphire was my first handheld Pokemon game, and I only used one Pokemon for everything: Swellow. Wing Attack everything. Somehow I managed to get to the Elite Four only using Swellow, but I could never beat the Champion. I raised it to level 76 or something, while I didn't even have a Sceptile at that point, it was still a Grovyle.

I also didn't know you could catch Kyogre. I thought you had to defeat it to save the world.

3DS Friendcode: 3668-9794-6890

I started playing when I was like 5 years old, so I couldn't read very well, and I thought Fury Attack was Furry Attack. And that just lead to all kinds of questions.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Not teaching my Alakazam Psychic instead of Psybeam just because the animation for Psybeam looked cooler than Psychic in R/B ...

Banner by AtomicReset

Quote Originally Posted by Yurimin View Post
    Not teaching my Alakazam Psychic instead of Psybeam just because the animation for Psybeam looked cooler than Psychic in R/B ...
    I did this too in FRLG, but for different reasons. Psybeam took out so many Pokemon in one hit, there just couldn't be a move better than it.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

I thought Graveler would evolve in a high level. So I ended up leveling it up to level 75 or something. I easily defeated the Elite Four.

I taught my Gallade Focus Blast, thinking that he should've been able to deal with Pokemon with a high defense, not knowing he had 65 base Sp. Atk.
    I also stopped training my Gabite during my journey ,probably because it was weaker than its teammates.
    I didn't realize it would have evolved into that beast that is Garchomp. It even had an Adamant nature! I trained it after I beat the E4, though.

I thought Beldum and Relicanth were legendary Pokémon

I caught a shiny Wingull on my way to catch Kyogre, accident killed Kyogre and reset the game. Only then did I realize that I didn't save

A kid in my elementary school told me there were special Pokémon with different colors in addition to shiny Pokémon called "Hollow" Pokémon. I once encountered and caught a shiny Oddish near Fortree City and I believed it was "Hollow" for the longest time.

I traded my Pokémon Emerald version and my black GBASP for a PSP. I regret that sorely to this day.
    Last edited by SILVER XD; 2nd August 2014 at 9:10 PM.
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither; deep roots are not reached by the frost. ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Huhadude View Post
    I thought Graveler would evolve in a high level. So I ended up leveling it up to level 75 or something. I easily defeated the Elite Four.
    This was the same with my Scyther. I got it up to level 98 before giving up and using the internet to look for an evolution. So it took me that long to get Scizor XP

I gave my Quilava an Everstone in Crystal, then trained it to level 60 wondering why it wouldn't evolve. I also thought it might need a fire stone, which I couldn't get anywhere.

| Trainer Level 3 | C+ Grade Referee |

Always available to RF matches.

Machamp, I claim you!

I have claimed Karst from Golden Sun: The Lost Age and also, Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I have claimed Shadow's Theme from FFVI.

I used to jot know what shiny pokemon were so.. I was playing pokemon Emerald and i chose mudkip and it was the shiny pinkish purpleish colour. Being younger i hated the colour pink, you know the classic boy girl colour thing. well i restarted my game because i didn't like the colour.... ahhhh.

Spoiler:- Credit/Symbol/Badge:

Same here. Leveled up my Slobro passed 50 (was a really high level back then) and kept wondering when it would evolve. Lol

Ugh...I am realizing how little I knew about Pokémon back then. Think I started playing at six years old?:

•If you walk into the trees that surround Pallet town after beating the Elite four and capturing Mewtwo in FireRed/LeafGreen, Entei will appear.
    •There was a mountain you could climb to find Mew, and I always thought that if you defeat Multres and return to his mountain, you would eventually find Mew.
    •Latios was Latias's father.
    •Entei was supposed to be a Persian cat, Raikou was a tiger, and Suicune wasn't related to them in any way.
    • Lugia was a water type.
    •The shiny color palettes for the starters where actually just what you received depending on what version if the game. For example...you'd get a different color of starter depending on what version you got.
    •If you put two Lugias in a daycare you would receive a rainbow colored egg that would hatch into a baby Lugia.
    •Stat changing moves actually had no effect so all my Pokémon only had attack moves.
    •Eevee evolved into umbreon/espeon with a moonstone.
    •There were multiple ways to make one pokémon evolve into the same pokémon. For example, Bulbasaur could evolve into Ivysaur if you leveled it up OR if you gave it a leaf stone.
    •I thought Pokémon evolved into things that they actually didn't. For example, Slowbro evolved into Slowking. Wobbuffet evolved into Wynaut.
    •Legendaries could evolve.
    •Some Pokémon evolved at lv. 100
    •Pikachu could come in 25 different colors in the game. My friend told me she had seen them all on a chart before.
    •I mispronounced a ton of names. Thought Teddiursa was "Teddy-ursula" and Piloswine was "Pillow-swine".

And a lot more haha...

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyGerbil View Post
    •Stat changing moves actually had no effect so all my Pokémon only had attack moves.
    I never thought they were worthless, but I used to severely undervalue stat changing moves and assume that they weren't worth the move slot.

•I mispronounced a ton of names. Thought Teddiursa was "Teddy-ursula" and Piloswine was "Pillow-swine".
    I still pronounce Piloswine that way. Rolls off the tongue easier, accuracy be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLining554 View Post
    When gen 4 came out when I was little, I thought Pachirisu was a legendary because it had no evolution (I assumed a pokemon had to have no evolution to be legendary) and in the gen 4 pokedex book, Pachirisu's page had stars and everything XD

So of course, I went around telling everyone Pachirisu was a legendary and refusing to listen to anything else anyone told me
    Oh my goodness...I wish there was a legendary squirrel.

I once thought that in order to get the item behind Gardenia's gym in D/P, you had to use Cut on the trees and therefore I had to beat the gym first.
    I did not realize there was a passable gap.

I am unsure if I posted this before.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Like your logic. I don't care if it's pronounced "Ar-KEE-us" it looks like it's pronounced "Ar-SEE-us" so that's how I'm gonna say it! Haha I love how everyone also has their own way to say Rattata.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyGerbil View Post
    Like your logic. I don't care if it's pronounced "Ar-KEE-us" it looks like it's pronounced "Ar-SEE-us" so that's how I'm gonna say it! Haha I love how everyone also has their own way to say Rattata.
    It is the C, which is a confusing letter as it can have a K or S sound.
    We all make mistakes, but the biggest one we can make is not learning from them.

Ah this is fun...
    Well here's something that was a rumor at my elementary school back in the late 90ies. During the RBGY era it was said that if you had all 150 Pokémon, you could fly the space rocket that was stalled inside the museum to catch Mew on the moon.
    Probably the rumor was based on the intro of the old anime showing Mew and Mewtwo in space and it's probably also derived from the Mew rumor in Vermillion. Anyway, those were the days you'd believe that kind of thing. xD
    FC: 5472 - 7002 - 0253
    List of badges earned at #TrinityLeague:

Quote Originally Posted by katelia View Post
    Ah this is fun...
    Well here's something that was a rumor at my elementary school back in the late 90ies. During the RBGY era it was said that if you had all 150 Pokémon, you could fly the space rocket that was stalled inside the museum to catch Mew on the moon.
    Probably the rumor was based on the intro of the old anime showing Mew and Mewtwo in space and it's probably also derived from the Mew rumor in Vermillion. Anyway, those were the days you'd believe that kind of thing. xD
    I heard similar about Jirachi in Hoenn, so I filled up the Dex.
    I thought potion worked on fainted Pokémon.
    I thought you could save more than one game on a cartridge (and deleted my first FireRed game).
    I thought legendaries could only be caught in Master Balls so I caught Zapdos but fainted Moltres and Articuno (in FireRed).
    Pokémon Y Team:
    Pokémon AS Team:
    My Friend Code is 5343-9772-6309.

Page 146 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150 ... LastLast