Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141
Results 3,501 to 3,518 of 3518

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by MentalDaemon View Post
    Believe it or not, I was actually able to beat the game.
    Why wouldn't we believe it? If you only stick to one Pokémon throughout the game, it will become overleveled in no time.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderKnightSilver View Post
    I completely ignored the use of status moves.
    I still do this, to an extent. I never saw the point of wasting a turn setting up, when most of the time my pokemon couldn't take a hit of any kind. They can these days, but I still prefer to charge on ahead with my pokemon unaltered. It catches several opponents off-guard, as they don't expect this to happen.
    I also just ran with my starter and whatever I caught off the last few routes. Until White 2. In retrospect, I'm surprised that I made it through those games.
    Oh yeah, and my Infernapes on Platinum and Pearl both used Ember, Flame Wheel, Mach Punch and Rock Smash. The one from Pearl was level 88 and the Platinum one was level 100. It's cringeworthy. Yet I still have them both on my Y version. One of them has the exact same moveset.
    Friend Safari- Phantump, Drifblim, Shuppet.
    FC: 2793-1931-7921
    Timezone-GMT

Never underestimate the power of Skill Link Cinccino, especially with Rock Blast, Tail Slap, U-Turn and Bullet Seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Why wouldn't we believe it? If you only stick to one Pokémon throughout the game, it will become overleveled in no time.
    Because of gym type disadvantages.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalDaemon View Post
    Because of gym type disadvantages.
    Even then I can easily defeat a Pokémon with not very effective moves if my Pokémon is over 30 levels more than the opponent's.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Even then I can easily defeat a Pokémon with not very effective moves if my Pokémon is over 30 levels more than the opponent's.
    My starter didn't get overtrained by 30 levels, though. :/

I wondered why the red gyrados was red in Silver when I was a kid. I didn't get that at all.
    3DS Friend Code: 1418-6701-0126

My stupid thing I did when I was a kid was that I was too scared to press the button behind the poster in the Celadon Game Corner. I was afraid that my Pokemon were going to be stolen. This was in Blue.
    It is all fun and games until someone pokés an eye out!

Probably the stupidest thing I did was when I traded my cousin my diamond version for a copy of animal crossing: wild world.
    I had never played a game in the AC series before, and I don't know why I even thought of giving away diamond. the worst part is that when I saw him next, a few months later, and tried to get it back, I learned that he lost it and had a copy of pearl. I was heartbroken
    3ds Friend code: 2879-0750-4270
    I have:
    23 11 kyogre, 3 shaymin- please only iv trained pokemon offers starting NOW,10 ,7
    and these shiny:
        Spoiler:- Shiny :

starting to iv breed! just ask, probably have it
    extremespeed dragon dance dragon rush aqua jet dratini adamant with ha available on request
    Now I am starting to take battle requests! just looking for something to pass the time...
    Also play AC:NL, message me if you want to hang out in each others towns

I really believed the rumor that you could go to space to capture Deoxys in RSE.

Also there was this kid I knew in elementary school who would feed me bogus rumors of things like Mewthree, a Cloyster evolution, and things as such.

Quote Originally Posted by penguin100 View Post
    Probably the stupidest thing I did was when I traded my cousin my diamond version for a copy of animal crossing: wild world.
    I had never played a game in the AC series before, and I don't know why I even thought of giving away diamond. the worst part is that when I saw him next, a few months later, and tried to get it back, I learned that he lost it and had a copy of pearl. I was heartbroken
    I'm so sorry, I really am hoping you had no valuable Pokémon in there.

If you did, that makes me feel even worse for you.

I would only give away things I'd never use again. (such as movies I used to love, but don't anymore.)

I wanted to rename all my Pokemon. Pokemon that could not be renamed were, in my mind, worthless. So when I got a legit Mew on my Pokemon Red, I hated that I couldn't rename it, unlike my Gameshark'd Mew. Similarly, I couldn't understand why anybody would want to trade Pokemon.

I used to think that, in Heartgold and Soulsilver, when the Pokewalker is communicating with the DS, if you interrupted the communication at the right time the pokemon would come into real life. I used to spend a good extra 10 minutes doing that a lot.

I thought pressing L and R repeatedly in Pokémon FireRed Version would increase the rate of capture. Additionally, I thought that the male symbol was for female Pokémon and vice versa, so I released my traded Nidoran (Nidorina?) in FireRed due to it "being a girl's name".

EDIT: I also thought Lucian was a girl.
    Last edited by PikachuFan91; 10th April 2014 at 5:14 PM. Reason: adding one

Quote Originally Posted by PikachuFan91 View Post
    I thought pressing L and R repeatedly in Pokémon FireRed Version would increase the rate of capture. Additionally, I thought that the male symbol was for female Pokémon and vice versa, so I released my traded Nidoran (Nidorina?) in FireRed due to it "being a girl's name".

EDIT: I also thought Lucian was a girl.
    For me, I thought pressing 'B' repeatedly after the ball was thrown would increase it. I think every time the ball would rock, I would press B to try to strengthen the ball somehow...I think I still do this.
    3DS Friend Code: 1418-6701-0126

Ok, here comes something incredibly stupid I thought when I was younger. Now that I'm older I know it can't be any further from the truth.

Anyway, I thought that if I have a Pokémon of a much higher level than the Pokémon I'm about to capture, that would somehow increase the chance of catching it.

Don't ask me why I thought that, I was a moron back then.

Quote Originally Posted by isabelmagnolia View Post
    I used to think that, in Heartgold and Soulsilver, when the Pokewalker is communicating with the DS, if you interrupted the communication at the right time the pokemon would come into real life. I used to spend a good extra 10 minutes doing that a lot.
    I'm sorry, what? LOL.

I was the dumbest kid. My first Pokemon game was Sapphire and I wasted no time getting a Torchic. I blazed through dialogue and thus missed how to catch a Pokemon. I had no idea. Not that I cared. Me and my Blaziken (named Bella with a female sign after it because for some reason while nicknaming it, I thought this would change its gender) destroyed everything despite my complete apathy for status inflictions, stat-boosting or lowering moves, or pesky, "It's not very effective..." messages. During my fight with Kyogre,we were both down to red and I'd never lost before, so I was getting a little frantic. I had no idea it was a legendary Pokemon (see above skipping of dialogue) and no idea I could catch it. So, desperate, I threw this 'Master Ball' thing at it, legitimately surprised when it worked *facepalm*. From there, I raged at the waterfall to the E4 because I had no idea where to find the HM so I gave up. You can't blame me there; it was pretty secluded.
    I must've had a Pokemon that knew Surf and Fly, but strangely, this is the way I remember it.
    FC is 4055-4774-1257. Always open for casual battles and new friends!
    Currently breeding for: Shiny Trapinch! Only two full boxes hatched so far.
    Up for trade: Reshiram, Kyurem, Tornadus, Landorus, Shiny Mewtwo, Kyogre, Heracronite, Shiny Relicanth, and various 5IV Eevees with ridiculous names that I can change if you want.
    Looking for: Icy Snow Vivillon and other wing patterns, Deoxys, Pinsirite, and all those stupid event 'mons for tradeback so I can fill up my dang Pokedex. Dangit.

I used to hide my figures all over the garden and then I would go out and 'encounter' them. Then i would 'catch' them (put them in my pocket). I suppose you could say that I caught 'em all.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141