Page 147 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 3857

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemyumbreon View Post
    I heard similar about Jirachi in Hoenn, so I filled up the Dex.
    I heard about that one as well, but was already too adapted to interwebs to believe that.
    Back in those days there was no internet to quickly get information from. xD
    FC: 5472 - 7002 - 0253
    List of badges earned at #TrinityLeague:

Quote Originally Posted by Machamp-X View Post
    I gave my Quilava an Everstone in Crystal, then trained it to level 60 wondering why it wouldn't evolve. I also thought it might need a fire stone, which I couldn't get anywhere.
    Lol. Doesn't it say it prevents evolution.

I used to think Male Pokemon where stronger than Females due to me me not knowing Gender Signs till I was older so my whole team in Ruby was Males.

Aswell, I thought that the Eeveelutions could change between them selves, so If I used a fire stone on a Vaporeon it would change to a Flareon, ect. I was sad that It couldn't.
    My FEA Family:

Quote Originally Posted by Urrnge View Post
    Sapphire was my first handheld Pokemon game, and I only used one Pokemon for everything: Swellow. Wing Attack everything. Somehow I managed to get to the Elite Four only using Swellow, but I could never beat the Champion. I raised it to level 76 or something, while I didn't even have a Sceptile at that point, it was still a Grovyle.

I also didn't know you could catch Kyogre. I thought you had to defeat it to save the world.
    Same here! but I only trained swampert an one after using TM's a buttload of times xD
    Now accepting battles!!

I used to think that all Jiggly Puff came from a Blastoise cannon due to the episode in the Orange Islands where Jiggly Puff gets stuck in a Blastoise cannon. If I ever had a blastoise toy or had him in game, I always thought a Jigglypuff was there inside his canon as well!
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

When I was a kid I cried when my Pikachu evolved into a raichu because the cartoon convinced me that pikachu was it's strongest form!

The TCG, due to types being grouped, made me think that electric was weak to fighting and similar things. This annoyed me so much. I also, for no reason in particular, got it inside my head that fire was weak to flying. Weird i know.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

Ending up at the Elite Four in Crystal with a massively leveled up Feraligatr and the other teammates having levels around 15-20 :P Still managed to beat the E4 thanks to sacrifices and Hyper Potions :P

I have claimed the Pigs!

Anime Style Battling Squad Summary

Anything i read on the internet about pokemon.
    Even if they sounded completely stupid.
    Yea...

One of my friends in school told me that if you could breed a Nidoqueen and a Nidoking, the egg could hatch into anything, even legendaries. That led to a long and frustrating stint at the daycare center as a kid >.>
    Friend Code:3952-7378-3731
    Pokemon in My Safari: Magmar, Fletchinder, Pyroar
    Friend Safaris I am Looking For: Ivysaur, Wartortle, Eevee, Ditto, Venomoth, Sneasel, Kirlia, Larvesta, Tropius, Gogoat, Espurr, and/or Girafarig

When I was a kid, I convinced myself that pokemon were real and that one day I was going to go live with them.

What a letdown. lol
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gym via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying it.

Using an over leveled pokemon even though it didn't listen to you.

Also killing Groudon and not saving...still kinda annoyed with that after like 11 years lol
    Feel the beat
    Gotta Dance!

Pearl was my first Pokemon game and I never understood what Special Attack and Special Defense was. It's pretty obvious what all the other stats do, but I had no clue that some attacks dealt physical damage, while others dealt special. I always though Special Attack was some sort of backup stat, like if your attack was lowered a certain amount, you'd start using special attack instead. Anyways, I had a Giratina (my favorite Pokemon), and I really wanted to teach it Draco Meteor, but I had just caught it. I didn't want to wait to make it friendly with me, so I gave it a whole bunch of those berries that lowered special attack and special defense, but raise friendship, thinking that it wouldn't make that big of a difference. The worst part is, in addition to Draco Meteor, it also knew two other special attack moves.
    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.

Read it now!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex, listing all of my custom Pokémon visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Pearl was my first Pokemon game and I never understood what Special Attack and Special Defense was. It's pretty obvious what all the other stats do, but I had no clue that some attacks dealt physical damage, while others dealt special. I always though Special Attack was some sort of backup stat, like if your attack was lowered a certain amount, you'd start using special attack instead. Anyways, I had a Giratina (my favorite Pokemon), and I really wanted to teach it Draco Meteor, but I had just caught it. I didn't want to wait to make it friendly with me, so I gave it a whole bunch of those berries that lowered special attack and special defense, but raise friendship, thinking that it wouldn't make that big of a difference. The worst part is, in addition to Draco Meteor, it also knew two other special attack moves.
    I used to think that same way back when I first started playing.

My first game was Silver. I couldn't stand dealing with Special Attack and Defense because I didn't know what they were. I would just ignore them and anything related to them. I look back on it like, "What on Earth was I thinking?"
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gym via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying it.

I thought that "saving" meant I completed the game....yyyyyeeeeeah.

played pokemon silver for 4 hours. one of best times in my life. saved game. found out internal clock had broken.

teaching it random moves that do a good amount good damage (I would teach gengar shadow claw)

I used to start a new game every time I lost a battle in G/S/C >.<

Well I used to only catch pokemon that I found cute.
    SO MANY YEARS WASTED.
    I also thought that if my game boy/ds ran out of power while playing it would delete my save file. >.>

• When I found my first shiny (a Wurmple) in Emerald, I thought it was ill and talked to the nurse about 70 times thinking she could heal it.
    • Later when I found a shiny Cacnea in the same game, I assumed it was just a new colour pallet for Emerald since this was the first one I had seen
    • I didn't know how Clamperl evolved, so I levelled one up to level 100 thinking it would evolve into some sort of super powerful Kraken
    • I didn't know that Yanma was a thing until Pokemon Platinum... and I've been playing since Yellow!
    • Speaking of Yellow, I thought that Double Team actually dealt damage and had my Pikachu use it all the time.
    • I also didn't know how to get to Lavender Town. It took me months to figure out that I could go east from Cerulean City.
    • I thought that Latias/Latios were gender-based evolutions of Togetic.
    • I thought that 'New Game' meant an entirely different game... as in a Mario game or a Kirby game or something!

I had no idea what the difference between special/physical attack was. I put fire blast on everything in emerald in the name of what I thought was "type coverage." I also thought hyper beam and solar beam were the best things since sliced bread.
    #HoennHype

A couple things.

1. I always thought Fighting type energy was Ground energy

2. I traded a base set Pokemon Breeder for a Squirtle on the playground. It was right around the time base set came out so I wasn't at all familiar with the cards, to be honest I didn't care about the trainers all that much.

3. I never put my starter in the box after Yellow version because I thought it would hate me, like Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    The TCG, due to types being grouped, made me think that electric was weak to fighting and similar things. This annoyed me so much. I also, for no reason in particular, got it inside my head that fire was weak to flying. Weird i know.
    This, so much. I didn't get the whole psychic, ghost and poison weakness system for a while until I really got into the games.
    Seeking:
    -Regular event Genesect (preferably Western)
    -Shiny Bidoof (bred in Kalos)
    -Tanabata or PokeCenter Shiny Jirachi
    -SUM2013 Shiny Giratina, Dialga or Palkia

Offering:
    -HGSS Lv. 50 Articuno (not UT)
    -Platinum Lv. 60 Zapdos (Japanese, not UT)
    -HGSS Lv. 73 Mewtwo (not UT)
    -WIN2011 Lv. 30 Shiny Raikou (UT, x2)
    -WIN2011 Lv. 30 Shiny Entei (UT, x2)
    -WIN2011 Lv. 30 Shiny Suicune (UT, x2)
    -Pokemon Bank Lv. 10 Celebi (UT)

When I played my first Pokemon game (which was Emerald) I saw the Flygon in the intro and thought "I want that one!" So I picked Treecko thinking it would evolve into Flygon. Needless to say I was shocked when I saw Sceptile appear when my Grovyle evolved. Then I caught a Trapinch and when it evolved I freaked out. XD

Also two words: Giga Impact.

I remember when I played Pokemon Coliseum that I would always choose Vulpix to be on my team. I knew I would lose but back in the day, Vulpix was my favorite pokemon, like FAVORITE, Vulpix and Ninetales
    On punishment wont be on till off, sorry!!!!
    FC: 3179-7235-3277. FS: Poison. Pokemon In Fs:Kakuna, Swalot and Whirlipede
    I've claimed the blaring Noivern.
    Looking For: Pinsir, Nuzleaf, Vullaby, Pachirisu, Clefairy, Mankey, Throh, Sawk,, Rufflet, Sawsbuck, Toxicroak, and Munna,

Looking For a League to Join. Please pm if you are looking for leaders

Page 147 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151 ... LastLast