Page 148 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 3854

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

When I first obtained my very own pkmn game which is Ruby/Sapphire, I actually had no idea on how to play the game in which I ended up attacking the target with physical attacks, at that time I didn't use any lowering stats attack since I was still a newbie to the game. Until one of my friend advice that game is not all about doing physical attacks with a target that is the time I felt stupid to myself
    Yeah I know there was a lot of hate towards Girlfriend (Kari), but I'm really not planning to drop it cause if I do that it will also mean that I'm dropping the current game I'm playing

They're the same
        Spoiler:- nothing here:

There's nothing to see here

I sometimes still forget that Lucario isn't a legendary.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

My first game was Emerald and the first time chasing after team aqua in the submarine I got lost in the cave. Well not really, but I couldn't get through the strength rock maze. I guess I kept trying but eventually gave up. I left and carried on with the game however I could. At some point I completely forgot about that place and wasn't sure how to get into the gym in sootopolis, among other things. I never beat that game until after I beat Diamond. My pokemon were around lvl 70 the first time I beat the league.
    I really should get a real sig...

I thought Torkoal was a horrendous monster.

RS sprite

I saw the holes in the shell as its eyes, and the neck + head as a closed hand coming out of the shell, somehow grabbing the smoke.

~ Pokémon Y Team ~

3DS FC: 1736-0917-9729
    Snorunt / Sneasel / Dewgong

Quote Originally Posted by lavanda View Post
    I thought Torkoal was a horrendous monster.

RS sprite

I saw the holes in the shell as its eyes, and the neck + head as a closed hand coming out of the shell, somehow grabbing the smoke.
    Cannot unsee...
    Who said moe cant be Gar?

Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664
    Poison safari : Muk Cascoon Venomoth

I HATE the Hoenn region and its winguls with a passion that can burn steel beams. But i love move tutors, Lets see how this goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Disaster_Lord View Post
    Cannot unsee...
    The worst part about it was Flannery's Torkoal having Attract.

~ Pokémon Y Team ~

3DS FC: 1736-0917-9729
    Snorunt / Sneasel / Dewgong

So what did you guys do when your first got a Master Ball? Oh me? Nothing really, just caught myself a level 17 Solrock in Pokemon Emerald.
    Current Emerald playthrough

Omega Ruby hype

Here's mine:

- I thought that Psychic-type moves were super effective against Ghost-types. I never thought that 1st gen Ghost pokemon were part Poison.
    - I thought that you could go to the moon in R/S to capture deoxys.
    - I tried evolving my Sneasel in LG.
    - I tried to push the truck in FR/LG even when I knew it was a hoax.
    - A friend of mine said that Jirachi is the strongest Pokemon, saying that it can grant wishes anytime, and I believed him.
    - After the above event, my brother said that Shedinja is the strongest Pokemon, and I also believed him
    - I encountered a shiny Shuppet in R/S, and ran away from it, thinking it wasn't something special.
    Last edited by matthew11; 17th September 2014 at 7:32 AM.

The moveset of my first gyarados in emerald: surf, thunder, fire blast, blizzard...best move set ever!!! (sarcasm)...this was the same game where I tried to muscle through Drake with an over-leveled sceptile that didn't know dragon claw...This was the same time that I found out abut salamence. I ended up training TWO of them and always had them on the same team...I still remember grinding them all the way up to level 79 to get dragon claw and spending a crud load of money at the game corner to get flamethrower for my second one...
    Last edited by XXD17; 17th September 2014 at 9:23 AM.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyGerbil View Post
    •I mispronounced a ton of names. Thought Teddiursa was "Teddy-ursula" and Piloswine was "Pillow-swine".
    When I first heard of Piloswine, I also thought that was how you pronounced it.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

First time I played through Red (first game I ever played) the only pokemon I trained was my Charizard, the rest of my team was always simply made up of the highest level pokemon I could find at any given time (sometimes even several of the same pokemon..). For some reason I was so overly biased towards my Charizard that I wanted it to get all the experience.. I also made the mistake of giving it hm moves because it was the only pokemon I consistently had on my team. Thankfully I never did that again, I realized how ridiculously stupid that was when I got to the Pokemon League and couldn't rely on Charizard to carry me through it.

A friend of mine told me he dropped his gameboy down the stairs and when he turned it on again he all of a sudden had a Celebi and a level 100 Caterpie, and myself and practically everyone else he told believed him (I assume the Celebi at least must've been hacked). Another friend of mine actually broke his gameboy by throwing it down the stairs in the hopes of getting a Celebi.

While I didn't do this a few of my friends named their rival ??? in gold/silver/crystal because they thought it actually was his name. Although I'd assumed that there were only three letters in his name and that when being asked what it was I was simply supposed to guess what it was and would somehow be rewarded if I got it right... Me and my brother probably wasted at least half an hour trying to guess what it was before giving up.

Was pretty confident that Groudon was a fire type for the longest time.
    EggMove Pokemon Giveaway l MAL l Currently Playing

Need a Pokemon? Message me anytime or check out my Giveaway Thread <3
    FC:1547 5244 0536

Giving Gyrados any water move in first Gen
    Friend Code 3067 - 6078 - 7402
    IGN Cheezle
    Safari Abra Wobbuffet Xatu

Quote Originally Posted by 2tonsoup View Post
    Giving Gyrados any water move in first Gen
    I wouldn't really say that's a stupid thing to do, in fact pretty much most of us did that.

What was stupid was the fact that Gyarados couldn't take advantage of its typing. And I'm glad we no longer have to deal with stuff like that.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Yellow - I thought I had died after my Pikachu (my only Pokémon) had died against Brock. After finding out it didn't, I kept training until it was strong enough to Quick Attack the hell out of Geodude and Onix.

I thought Pikachu's cheeks were his eyes.

Thundershock was the bomb and every electric Pokémon should know Thundershock - I often ended up with a move-set like Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Thunder and Thunder Wave.

Red - I'd rare candy almost every Pokémon I had caught.

Gold - Razor Leaf had the same legendary status as Thundershock.

I finally figured out what attack/defense and special attack/defense meant. A whole new world opened up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo View Post
    Gold - Razor Leaf had the same legendary status as Thundershock.
    Well, to be fair they are very similar moves.

They're both special moves with extremely low base power.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo View Post
    Red - I'd rare candy almost every Pokémon I had caught.
    Ah, Rare Candy . . . I remember sometime in Gen 4 (might have been SS) I thought lv. 100 made Pokemon super powerful, so in order to battle my friends, I got out my Action Replay and gave myself 99 Rare Candies and my Pokemon became godlike even more average than before. On the same general subject, my Typhlosion had Eruption, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, and Shadow Claw. :/

What's my favourite Pokemon? I'll give you three guesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Mauville City is supposed to be a big city, not a darn mall.
    I have officially claimed Pokémon Alpha Sapphire!

Quote Originally Posted by LudicrousLudicolo View Post
    So what did you guys do when your first got a Master Ball? Oh me? Nothing really, just caught myself a level 17 Solrock in Pokemon Emerald.
    No way! I did the exact same thing in emerald! In our defense though those things are hard to catch...
    I really should get a real sig...

Quote Originally Posted by NotABeginningTrainer View Post
    No way! I did the exact same thing in emerald! In our defense though those things are hard to catch...
    I caught a Spheal with my first Master Ball . . . I think I released it though. :/

What's my favourite Pokemon? I'll give you three guesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Mauville City is supposed to be a big city, not a darn mall.
    I have officially claimed Pokémon Alpha Sapphire!

The ever so popular "use one Pokemon for the entire game" method.

I also took two weeks to find Violet City on Crystal when I was much younger.

Mashing A+B to try to capture legendaries easier.

The accidental jacking up of levels with my starter or my favorite on my team. (especially any of them I thought was really cute!)
    I also tend to press A like a million times thinking it would help my Pokemon survive a 1-hit knock out. Made my day when it did work once, but turns out it just didn't critical hit

Friend Code: 5472-6256-4416
    My New Trade Shop is Finally up and running!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Breeding-Shop

Quote Originally Posted by GleamingCoral View Post
    Mashing A+B to try to capture legendaries easier.
    This. I believed this so hard back when I played Crystal. When Suicune got caught while I was doing this, I thought the A+B method was godly. xD

Image by なべのふた
    This is all I need to feel safe and warm
    When we're together, that's all that matters

When i was a kid, i colected like 200 pokemon cards, but then i sold them for 10$ because i wanted to buy something to eat.

I had no idea of how to evolve Clamperl, but i desperately wanted a Huntail. So I figured, it has to evolve by around level 30. Leveled it to 30. Nothing. So I attempted to use the evolution rocks. No luck there either. Trading it, perhaps? (Without evo-item) Nothing, again... It got frustrating... But, stubborn as I was, I was determined to evolve it. So I continued to level it... and level it... ans level it... I stopped at level 91... Looking back at it, I'm amazed of how persistent and patient I was. All for nothing, though...
    On a side note... FIRST POST! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarkas View Post
    I had no idea of how to evolve Clamperl, but i desperately wanted a Huntail. So I figured, it has to evolve by around level 30. Leveled it to 30. Nothing. So I attempted to use the evolution rocks. No luck there either. Trading it, perhaps? (Without evo-item) Nothing, again... It got frustrating... But, stubborn as I was, I was determined to evolve it. So I continued to level it... and level it... ans level it... I stopped at level 91... Looking back at it, I'm amazed of how persistent and patient I was. All for nothing, though...
    On a side note... FIRST POST! Yay!
    Why didn't you use the Internet? That would have saved you a lot of time.

Page 148 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152 ... LastLast