Page 149 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 3857

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

At that age, the internet was something very foreign to me, and to my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarkas View Post
    At that age, the internet was something very foreign to me, and to my friends.
    Well, in that case it wasn't stupid of you. There is no way you could have known.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Well, in that case it wasn't stupid of you. There is no way you could have known.
    Yeah, but is still seems like such a fail, in hindsight. (Off-topic: How do I fix a profile pic? Nothing seems to work?)

I remember that I read a "cheat" for Pokemon Silver that said pushing certain buttons at the start screen would get you a Celebi. It ended up asking me if I wanted to delete my save file. I hit yes because I still thought I would get a Celebi.
    My Slurpuff brings all the boys to the yard.

My Pokemon X Friend Code: 3437-3423-6333
    My Friend Safari: Bibarel, Gyarados, Frogadier
    Currently looking for Ditto, but will accept any friend requests at the moment! Just PM me if you add me!

Wow this is going to be embarrassing but,
    my friends told me pushing a or b increases the chance of catching pokemon during a wild battle. :v and I believed them.

There was a time that I though that Normal Types had no weaknesses...Until I met Fighting types...

The same applies for Dragon types, who I also thought were unstoppable Typewise...Until I met Ice!
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

A few mispronounciations:
    Illumise - Is-a-loom
    Kyogre - Kai-rogue
    Rattata - Rat-ta-tat

I also thought that feebas was found, not in 6 random squares of water in the river west of Fortree city, but in 6 random squares of water in THE ENTIRE GAME, INCLUDING THE CURRENTS EAST OF SLATEPORT CITY.

Also thought that Chimeco was a super rare legendary. But really, why so rare?

Also, in some games I bred my pokemon to have "families" and kept them together in boxes so they wouldn't be sad.
    In sapphire I bred an entire box of trapinch. I had two flygons named Tya and Tyo and all the trapinch had names. Some of my favorite nicknames were "ID Card", "The jerk", "I'm a POOP" (yes, caps and all), "FINONINIA", "TORTEA" (attempt at spelling tortilla), "HNOOJKRRRL", "Torllteyah" (attempt at spelling tortilla after learning it had two Ls in it), and of course, "Trapy", my first shiny. (I didn't learn Trapy was shiny until weeks after she hatched and was named, so my first shiny could have been named I'm a POOP or HNOOJKRRL.)

I still nickname my pokemon, but their names are much more... dignified than they would have been when I was a kid.
    Last edited by Shydragonair; 4th October 2014 at 4:00 PM.

dragonair, I would do the same for the fun of it. Put pokemon together as a family. xD

I mashed the A or B button when trying to catch a Pokemon. At the same time I would hold down either the left or right side of the D pad, and switch which side I was holding each time the ball shook. Probably the real stupid thing is I still do it occasionally, just out of habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleironic View Post
    I mashed the A or B button when trying to catch a Pokemon. At the same time I would hold down either the left or right side of the D pad, and switch which side I was holding each time the ball shook. Probably the real stupid thing is I still do it occasionally, just out of habit.
    Same for me too, never found out if it actually does work or not. Willing to bet it doesn't, but many people probably do it just because anyway I have a feeling.
    I have claimed (Rampardos)!
    3DS Friend Code: 1418-6701-0126

I agree, even if it doesn't work, when your really trying to catch a pokemon some people would do anything to help their chances. I remember even getting my family annoyed because the button mashing would get more intense (more noisy i suppose) the more frustrated or determined I was to get a pokemon.

When I first played pokemon, I made the extremely common mistake of only training one pokemon and leaving out the rest. I did this until Heart Gold/Soul Silver came out in 2010, and even then I probably had two main pokemon who were grinded above everyone else. I also thought that stat lowering and raising moves were weirdly based off of your special attack and special defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleironic View Post
    I was also told about that, expect it was to hold up and B the moment the ball closes. I always end up doing this since it's a habit I can't kick even though I am aware it doesn't work.
    Last edited by Ice Lock; 6th October 2014 at 12:16 AM.
    My Friend Code: 1435-4378-9935 My Friend Safari: Dark type: Pawniard, Cacturne, Sableye

Looking for: Nothing at this current time.

IGN: Andrew

I've claimed Audino Formally known as Great Horned Owl

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmew11 View Post
    When I first played pokemon, I made the extremely common mistake of only training one pokemon and leaving out the rest. I did this until Heart Gold/Soul Silver came out in 2010, and even then I probably had two main pokemon who were grinded above everyone else. I also thought that stat lowering and raising moves were weirdly based off of your special attack and special defense.
    Weird, that's what I did too. I had mostly self trained starters get to level 100 and nothing else battle-worthy. Occasionally I would get a second pokemon up that high but really it was at most a Gyrados that I would get that high...One time I had a level 97 Clefable I got really high, but it couldn't hack it against the Elite four by itself. Didn't start doing full parties until silver/crystal when I went back and did full parties on red and blue.
    I have claimed (Rampardos)!
    3DS Friend Code: 1418-6701-0126

When I was a kid, in Pokémon Emerald I trained my Pikachu to level 83 waiting for it to evolve -_- Then I figured that it needed a thunderstone... Thank you Serebii!

I read somewhere that beating the Elite Four with just one or two Pokémon yielded more Exp Points, so I tried that two or three times in Sapphire.
    Pokémon Y Team:
    Pokémon AS Team:
    My Friend Code is 5343-9772-6309.

I don't know if anyone has ever heard of this supposed secret before, because it's very very old...but back in the days of G/S, there was a rumor that if you had every single Pokemon in Gold Version, and your party only had Mew and Unown in it at Lv 99, if you went to Ruins of Alpha and spent hours clicking on all of the statues, eventually a Dark Lugia would appear and you could catch it. The site even showed a battle screen of this, so I thought it was legit. Lol. It made me feel stupid because I actually went and did everything it said, and I ended up being paranoid of the Ruins of Alph and the Unown because of this. o.o
    Last edited by silver_phoenix; 6th October 2014 at 3:02 PM. Reason: Needed more content

"Small but Brave! Keldeo the Hero!!"

3DS FC- 4141-3093-5467

FS- Flying Safari- Hawlucha,Woobat,Spearow

Please add me to your Friend Roster!

Quote Originally Posted by Maserati777 View Post
    3. I never put my starter in the box after Yellow version because I thought it would hate me, like Pikachu.
    Oh my god I used to fall for this as well, but not exactly! I thought that, due to an unofficial guide for G/S by Pocket World, that if you put Pokemon in the Storage System and left them there, their friendship would decrease and they would grow to hate you, and it was for that reason that I never put Pokemon like Togepi or those that required friendship to evolve in the PC! It wasn't until only very recently when I figured out that stashing Pokemon in the Storage System didn't lower their friendship!

Oh, and I also thought that using Psych Up didn't copy the stat boosts and drops in battle, but changed the Pokemon's base stats so that it matched that of the opponent (say that the opponent has a base stat of 149 for Attack, and I had 180, and I used Psych Up. I thought that would make my Attack stat 149 for the rest of the battle). It took me a while to figure out that it works to copy stat boosts and drops, such as if the opponent used Swords Dance twice and got a +4 Attack boost, and if I used Psych Up, I would get the +4 Attack boost.
    Last edited by castlewars; 6th October 2014 at 3:52 PM.
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

The nicknames I gave some of my Pokémon when I was 9......

Aside from some Pokémon, my nicknames consisted of: [noun/adjective/verb that I associate with the Pokémon] Male? -er at the end. Female? -y at the end. I had some doozies...

Boner the Marowak
    Humper the Numel
    Horny the Heracross
    Stoner the Regirock
    Clitoris the Giratina (Read the word in a book, not knowing what it was, but it sounded cool.
    Dark Friend Safari with
    - -
    Friend Code: 0576 - 5970 - 2604

PM before you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Joth View Post
    The nicknames I gave some of my Pokémon when I was 9......

Aside from some Pokémon, my nicknames consisted of: [noun/adjective/verb that I associate with the Pokémon] Male? -er at the end. Female? -y at the end. I had some doozies...

Boner the Marowak
    Humper the Numel
    Horny the Heracross
    Stoner the Regirock
    Clitoris the Giratina (Read the word in a book, not knowing what it was, but it sounded cool.
    Did you not know that they were rude/insensitive words at the time you made those nicknames?
    You can find me in these locations as well:

YouTube
    Knux's Super Mario Bros. X Forums
    SMBX Revived
    FutureNyanCat2002's SMBX Forums

Black 2 FC: 3053-9852-8499 (Bowser)
    3DS FC: 3136-7939-0916

Being a teenager when I started, I avoided most of the really stupid stuff. I did however only just work out that Rhyhorn evolved normally and didn't require a trade. Oops!

I used to think that if I did something then I would be able to get Celebi out of the shrine in Celestic Town. I wasted SO much time trying different things xD
    Add Me! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004366066997

I kept using Thundershock on Geodude in Yellow. Didn't help it was japanese and i was five years old. good times still dont' know how i learned Confusion from Butterfree but i did

I thought Staryu could use fly and was extremely mad when I discovered he couldn't. Also thought Grass was weak to Electric type moves.

I called my goldeen "horny" because i thought it sounded cool.

to be honest, i still call all my goldeen horny, some things never change. :P
    friend code is 1934-1322-5430 pm me if you add me,
    on pokemon X i am doing a japanese speed run, not that hard... so far.

Y safari zone type is flying. have woobat,farfetched and rufflet hope this helps
    i also play inazuma eleven 3 lightning bolt/ GO: LIGHT if anybody plays too

Page 149 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast