Page 150 of 155 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 3855

Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Of Keys View Post
    I kept using Thundershock on Geodude in Yellow. Didn't help it was japanese and i was five years old. good times still dont' know how i learned Confusion from Butterfree but i did
    I remember that! Took me forever and a day to beat Brock at all. I think it took me over a month the first time on Yellow honestly.
    I have claimed (Rampardos)!
    3DS Friend Code: 1418-6701-0126

Hm, well, an obvious one would be fighting Brock with only Pikachu, since I didn't know about Mankey/Nidoran The worst part is that I did this TWICE, since I made the mistake of letting one of my neighbors play my Yellow version and she explicitly overwrote my save even though I told her not to -_-
    Other than that..I remember there being a rumor in my neighborhood that if your Pokemon reached level 100, they would die and go to the Pokemon Tower or something like that. Part of me knew that that was stupid but at the same time, since I was little, I was worried that it was true. Of course none of my Pokemon reached level 100 until B2W2 and by then I knew it was fake XD

I did the same thing as Pink!, and I tried to fight Brock with Pikachu. I eventually won, take that Brock.

When I was young and when Red and Blue first came out, I wrote in to Nintendo to ask for a poster with all the Pokemon on it (I was a wee babby who wanted free stuff. Shush)

Anyway, I actually got a response... in the form of a small poster of Pikachu signed by the original Gamefreak team.

I loved that thing...

Then I became an ignorant teenager. One day I was cleaning and thought "Pokemon is for kids. This is dumb" and threw it away.

Adult me has never forgiven teenage me. Dear god I miss that poster lol
    I will walk heavy, and I will walk strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyaena View Post
    When I was young and when Red and Blue first came out, I wrote in to Nintendo to ask for a poster with all the Pokemon on it (I was a wee babby who wanted free stuff. Shush)

Anyway, I actually got a response... in the form of a small poster of Pikachu signed by the original Gamefreak team.

I loved that thing...

Then I became an ignorant teenager. One day I was cleaning and thought "Pokemon is for kids. This is dumb" and threw it away.

Wow, that is literally amazing... I can only imagine what a poster like that would be worth now. Really wondering. That sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyaena View Post

I loved that thing...

I had an old original poster of the first gen Pokemon, which I later deemed dumb and threw away as well. I, too, feel this pain, but man - at least it wasn't signed by the GF team ;-;

I thought Golbat evolved while being traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Absolushun View Post
    I thought Golbat evolved while being traded.
    Until just now, I thought the same. UGHH

To this day I still don't know for sure if it actually made a difference but back in red/blue gen1 I always held (up + A) as I threw a pokeball to catch a pokemon to increase the chance of success. Though it definitely sped up the throw animation so it had a psychological effect if nothing else, and even to this day I still do it, it's become a programmed habit xD

I thought if I nicknamed a Pokemon the name of another Pokemon, it would turn into that Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Moon View Post
    I thought if I nicknamed a Pokemon the name of another Pokemon, it would turn into that Pokemon.
    That is a very good stupid thing to do.

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Crystal, and when I was doing my first playthrough of that game I always thought Machop was a Flying type because its in-game art looked like a bird to me at the time. I went about a year believing it was a Flying type and was always confused why Electric attacks were not Super Effective.
    Pokemon ORAS hype!
    My friend code is: 0490-6850-2234. If you want to be friends just shoot me a PM and we can set that up

When I was a kid playing Crystal I did the following:

1. I used my one and only master all on a stickin' Lickitung because I just had such a hard time catching it.
    2. I kept leveling up my Machoke and it never evolved and it frustrated me beyond belief. I didn't know I had to trade it to evolve it.
    3. I never understood the hold items and their purpose, so I just sold them in the PokeMarts
    4. BY FAR DUMB: I caught a Qwilfish and I was SO STOKED.... Because I thought it would evolve into a Scizor... And it never did as I leveled it up. Because Scizor was after Qwilfish on the list of Pokemon I thought it was like how they had Bulbasaur and it's evolutions following after it...

I know better now xD

3DS XL Friend Code: 2165-7177-7589
    Friend Safari (GHOST): Pumpkaboo, Lampent, Dusclops

Shinies

x4 x3 x2
    Goodra
    Klefki

Quote Originally Posted by Pink! View Post
    Other than that..I remember there being a rumor in my neighborhood that if your Pokemon reached level 100, they would die and go to the Pokemon Tower or something like that. Part of me knew that that was stupid but at the same time, since I was little, I was worried that it was true. Of course none of my Pokemon reached level 100 until B2W2 and by then I knew it was fake XD
    This thing haunted me too when I played Pokemon for the first time (Pkmn Gold). My starter was approaching the level very soon, so I stopped training it temporarily. I took some other random Pokemon & trained it all the way to 100 to confirm. When it came out of its poke-ball for the next battle - it was like the happiest day of my life - He survived!! Then I jacked up my starter to level 100 too. Extremely pleased that it reached it's max.

But then after a few days, became disappointed again... since there really was no other challenge/achievements to fulfill with a level 100 pokemon back in those days.

My first Pokemon game was Sapphire, and two things I always did until atleast a year after I got the game was to press A when a Pokéball was shaking. Always thought it had some kind of effect, and if it didn't work - I did something wrong.
    Same goes for a Pokémon being confused. As the three ducks went around my Pokémon (isn't it ducks?), I pressed A at the exact time the music came, just to avoid hurting my own Pokemon. But, I was small and it's just funny to think of now.

Sapphire and Ruby were the first Pokemon games I played with my sister. We had a couple of friends (also sisters) who told us that the guy in the Space Centre would eventually reach a count of 100 and that when that happened, Jirachi would come from space into the white rock and we could get him. I talked to that guy every day for months, and when it finally reached 100 I was so excited! I ran into my sisters room to get her and we huddled over my gameboy...

and absolutely nothing happened. Still a bit heartbroken.

Friend Code - 1263-7345-4763 ADD ME Friend Safari: Wartortle, Frogadier, Panpour

Soul Silver BQ: 1. 2.

I thought Slowbro evolved into Slowking, so I used to give Slowbro an Eviolite. Pretty embarrassing looking back on it.

-I thought that Trapinch didn't evolve and Vibrava and Flygon were a separate evolution change.
    -I thought that in Mossdeep City, if the rocket launched 99 times, I could go to the moon and catch Deoxys.
    -I thought Water was super effective agaisnt Bug.
    -I thought you could catch Lugia on Seven Island after finding all the Unown.
    -I tried to evolve Eevee via friendship in FireRed.

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Doctor View Post
    -I thought that Trapinch didn't evolve and Vibrava and Flygon were a separate evolution change.
    -I thought that in Mossdeep City, if the rocket launched 99 times, I could go to the moon and catch Deoxys.
    -I thought Water was super effective agaisnt Bug.
    -I thought you could catch Lugia on Seven Island after finding all the Unown.
    -I tried to evolve Eevee via friendship in FireRed.
    To be fair, it'd make sense for Water to be effective against Bug. I mean, I flush bugs down my toilet all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumiho View Post
    I thought Slowbro evolved into Slowking, so I used to give Slowbro an Eviolite. Pretty embarrassing looking back on it.
    Yeah, tbh I thought it when I first saw the japanese first look at the pokemon way back in the day. But I was amazed at the concept of alternate evolutions back then too.

I'm not sure if this counts as stupid but a pokemon I used for most of gold was graveler. Purely on the grounds i found the idea of female geodude and graveler hilarious(i wasn't able to trade at the time) . Made Whitney alot easier than most people seem to have had but i can't claim there was any tactics involved. I still don't know why i found it so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    I'm not sure if this counts as stupid but a pokemon I used for most of gold was graveler. Purely on the grounds i found the idea of female geodude and graveler hilarious(i wasn't able to trade at the time) . Made Whitney alot easier than most people seem to have had but i can't claim there was any tactics involved. I still don't know why i found it so funny.
    Wait, so you ONLY used Graveler in Pokemon Gold? Nothing else? Or am I understanding this incorrectly? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Kumiho View Post
    Wait, so you ONLY used Graveler in Pokemon Gold? Nothing else? Or am I understanding this incorrectly? o_O
    no you are misunderstanding , it wasn't the only pokemon but it was one of if not the main pokemon i used. The reason i'm saying i was being possibly stupid was that i kept in in my team simply on the grounds i found the idea of a female one funny. Not because of tactical awareness or because it's a favourite pokemon(it really wasn't) of mine or anything like that purely that i thought it was funny.

Here is some out of the top of my head

~ That only using one pokemon was good, but you had to catch others to make them happy too!
    ~ That nicknaming your pokemon would make them that character
    ~ My friend told me his friend reached lv 500 and competed only with that pokemon and won a lot of video game tournaments, I stopped trusting him about pokemon after that XD
    ~ That you could breed legendaries with ditto and get any kind of pokemon you want to.

I can't think of any more, but I'm sure I have a lot more!

I have claimed Charmander, Tidus from Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy X, and the Main Theme Song of Legend Of Zelda

Spoiler:- Fly High Forums - My forum:

When NPC characters said that tm's can only be used once, I thought that they could only be used once in battle, and then they would be deleted after using that move.
    Then I tried one and discovered that that's not what it meant after all!

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

Page 150 of 155 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154 ... LastLast