Thread: Stupid things that you thought/did with pokemon as a kid

Used to have the following line up:

lv. 91 Blastoise
    lv. 68 Moltres
    lv. 84 Crobat
    lv. 78 Mewtwo
    lv. 56 Zapdos
    lv. 51 Articuno

Yeah.. you could say I like Legendary Pokemon, or you can say I liked Flying types.

Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

-I only trained my starter in Leaf Green.
    - I could never beat Lorelie because my starter was a Charizard.
    -I thought the last four moves a Pokemon learned were the strongest in its entire moveset, so my Charizard knew....Slash, Dragon Rage, Fire Spin, and Fly. Or Cut.
    -I thought Slowbro evolved into Slowking.
    -I thought you could get a Espeon or Umbreon in Leaf Green.
    -I gave my Pokemon scrambled letters, numbers, and symbols for names because I couldn't spell.
    -Once I could spell I gave them very unoriginal names.
    -I named my trainer ATSZV6♂.
    -I named most of my Pokemon ASH, then threw in random numbers, letters, and symbols.
    -I thought that if you released a Pokemon you could find it in the wild again and catch it. I did so with a Pidgey and ran around Route 1 looking for it again.
    -I didn't evolve my Poliwag because I thought Poliwhirl wasn't cute and hated Poliwhirl.
    -I thought you could get Johto Pokemon before you beat the game.
    -My team was Charizard (level 92 or something), Zapdos (Level 55), Moltres (Level 50), Articuno (Level 50), Sandslash (?), and Lickitung (?)
    -I restarted the game very often.
    -I didn't save once so I started crying thinking my Pokemon were gone. I was really worried about my new Caterpie for some reason. AAAAAAAAAA was her name, I believe. (Not sure if it was her or a different Caterpie).
    -I never chose Bulbasaur when I restarted.
    -AAAAAAAAAA's moveset was Tackle, String Shot, Sunny Day, and Toxic.
    -I had a Beedrill named Stan.
    Last edited by FireTheAbsolLord; 7th July 2011 at 5:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Koala View Post
    -Used to think that when I was poisoned that my gameboy was broken. Until my friend said that happens when they are poisoned. :P
    I cried and almost got a new game because of this. Finally my pokemon fainted and it was fine. I felt like an idiot. =P I mean come on now!! They should have warned you!

My cousin and I would actually go out in the woods with our pokemon cards and pretend we were starting an adventure (we would pack food and everything) and we would battle and capture invisible pokemon. =P We used those pokeballs that you got the gold cards in from Burger King I think. It was fun and good times. =)
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Current Hunt: MMing Buneary

Friend Codes for Safari:
    X: 2165-6202-2279 (Type: Water with Panpour, Frogadier, and Wartortle)
    Y: 5370-0975-3532 (Type: Flying with Woobat, Pidgey, and Rufflet)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanal! View Post
    I used to think that Ground resisted Fire.
    I used to think Ground and Rock were the same.
    Y BQ COMPLETE!!: 1. Fennekin (Oct 21) 2. (Nov 3) 3. (Nov 17) 4. (Nov 17) 5. (Nov 17) 6. (Dec 10) 7. Klefki (Dec 13) 8. Trevenant (Dec 18)

Friend Codes for Safari:

- The Tyrogue evo line really confused me. I thought that Tyrogue evolved into Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee based on gender, and then that evolved into Hitmontop. Or something.
    - I thought there was a secret place behind the E4 building that had all the legendaries. >.>
    - The first time I got an egg at the daycare, it was completely by chance and I thought it was really special. (To be honest, they do make a big deal out of it in the games: "Sometimes an egg appears at the daycare! Nobody knows how it gets there...")
    - To continue with the last one, I thought that you had to have two Pokemon of the same kind, one male and one female, to make eggs.
    ~~Cupcakes are just insecure muffins.

Aaaand a few of my favorites:
    ;635;

Shinies:
    (x6)

i didnt do many stoopid things cuz i knew almost all about pokemon b4 i started on soulsilver when it just came out but: until recently i thought gastly,haunter,and gengar were just ghost types, i leveled up my onix like crazy from lv 12 > lv 40-50 to evolve it finally found out that u hav 2 trade it. youcant find lv 60+ in the wild(well u cant in soulsilver except legendarys) i still try to train the magikarp i bought (only on my emerald) my frnd made his main pokemon a haunter and leveled it up 2 like 86 without knowing u have 2 trade it 2 evolve.

My brother used to think that the move Withdraw released a pokemon. For some reason, I believed him, and I wouldn't dare use the move on my Squirtle. Also, I used to think that released pokemon would appear later in the wild. I still used to believe this until recently, when I started MMing for a shiny Trapinch. I released hundreds of baby Trapinchs, and haven't seen a single one in the wild.

^ Click this for good times ^

For a really long time I didn't know Trapinch evolved into Flygon. I had no idea Vibrava existed, and I had always wanted a Flygon ever since I saw Drake with one. One day I was looking the Pokedex at the Trapinch-???-Flygon numbers, and I had an epiphany. Trapinch evolved into something that evolved into Flygon! So I caught a Trapinch and evolved. That made me extremely happy.
    Every time a Yamask egg hatches, someone dies.

My shinies:
        Spoiler:- Shinies and hunts:

Credit goes to Nakashima for the userbar.

I caught Pokemon my brother already had because, i didn't realize the pokeball symbol meant my brother had it. And I thought Azurill was a water type just because it was blue, but its a normal type. And I thought sudowudoo (sorry if I spelled that wrong) was a grass type, just Because it looked like a tree XD

-I thought Wooper evolved into Quagsire which evolved into Wobbuffet.
    -I thought Skitty evolved into either Delcatty or Spinda.
    -I used my master ball on a Dratini, not because I thought I could get another one, but because it was my only pokeball left and i thought Dratini was super rare.
    -I thought Gloom could learn Solarbeam, so I kept training and training till it got to around level 80. It never learned it.
    -Before I knew Blaziken was a starter and Groudon was a legendary, I thought Blaziken evolved into Groudon.
    -I named my GSC rival ???.
    -The first episode, I thought the Ho-oh was a Fearow.
    -I had no idea what pokerus was, so when I got it and Nurse Joy gave me some shpiel about a virus, I got freaked out
    -For some reason I couldn't figure out how to get out of New Bark Town. I have no idea why.
    -I wanted to see what "release" was, and I ended up getting rid of my hoothoot that I really liked
    -After going from Olivine to Cianwood to get the secretpotion for the Ampharos, I thought I needed to do the Olivine gym before the Cianwood gym since I got to them in that order, so I surfed all the way back to Olivine, beat the gym, surfed all the way back to Cianwood, and beat that gym.
    -I thought you got Celebi by breeding Meganium and Alakazam.
    -I saw Pokemon as being completely different sizes. I always thought Tentacruel, Rhydon, Parasect, and Magcargo were the size of a house. Tentacruel and Rhydon were mostly because there were giant versions of them in the anime. I also thought Nidoqueen and Nidoking were like 10 feet tall.
    3DS Friend Code: 2793-0629-6270
    Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

I can breed any breedable Pokémon you want with any nature/egg moves and up to 5 perfect IVs. I can also EV train and/or give it Pokerus. I can't breed shinies, 6 IVs, or specific Pokéballs. The harder the request, the better Pokémon I'm gonna want in return. PM me with requests and offers.

I once thought that Seadra evolved into Kingfra by level up. I onced trained a Seadra to llevel 63 waiting for it to evolve, but I eventually went online and I learned how it really evolved.
    Every time a Yamask egg hatches, someone dies.

My shinies:
        Spoiler:- Shinies and hunts:

Credit goes to Nakashima for the userbar.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander13 View Post
    I caught Pokemon my brother already had because, i didn't realize the pokeball symbol meant my brother had it. And I thought Azurill was a water type just because it was blue, but its a normal type. And I thought sudowudoo (sorry if I spelled that wrong) was a grass type, just Because it looked like a tree XD
    Holy sheezballs... I always thought Azurill was water type until 2 seconds ago when I saw your post and looked it up! Interesting... I only thought it was a water type because it evolved into a Marill. Apparently I need to rethink my assumptions.

Friend Codes for Safari:

The first time I played Platinum, I though Volkner was Barry's dad
    ~If you have noticed this notice, you will notice this notice is not worth noticing~
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    My Platinum team
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    ♫ Nah nah, nah nah neh nah NAAAAAAAAH ♫ -best bit in the original Kanto trainer battle theme.

I thought breeding a Sentret and a Wooper, or any Pokemon of two different species would create some funky hybrid. Imagine my disappointment when a Wooper hatched instead :P
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyC
    You sad, sad little popsicle. Never anything nice to say.

Quote Originally Posted by {(•)___(•)} View Post
    -I saw Pokemon as being completely different sizes. I always thought Tentacruel, Rhydon, Parasect, and Magcargo were the size of a house. Tentacruel and Rhydon were mostly because there were giant versions of them in the anime. I also thought Nidoqueen and Nidoking were like 10 feet tall.
    Technically, that's true. There used to be a size function on the Pokedex. Come to think of it, there's a Height function on them now, so you're still right on Pokemon being different sizes.

I thought Pikachu + Eletcabuzz made Pikakid. I also didn't train any other Pokemon besides my Blaziken when I first played Ruby.
    I'm back. And ready for more battling.

[Img]http://i55.*******.com/k1cdxu.gif[/img]
    [Img]http://i56.*******.com/2lx856h.gif[/Img][Img]http://i51.*******.com/206yn8i.gif[/Img]

Thanks to Mew_ and Sarah- for the banner, and PikaPika 677 for the MD animations.

I balanced the EVs evenly across all stats rather than clustered in certain stats.

>.>
    i thought that if you took alllll the unknowns that spell out "entei" they would all come together and give you a baby entei.....idek how i thought that was true...
        Spoiler:- :

In Pokemon Red I used my Master Ball on a Weedle thinking it was a awesome Pokemon , lol , I still can't get over that!

My first games were Sapphire and Ruby, so I thought that was the first generation, and didn't know about any of the other games until later. I also used my master ball on a random Pokemon and would only train my starter.

I once thought there was a "flying mode" when you used the move Fly. *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm*
    3DS Updated FC: 4640-0105-8945
    On Kid Icarus: Uprising I am *AuraSp*

I thought accuracy was a stat
    that pessing ab repeatedly helps you catch a pokemon
    stat drops were permenent
    at rocket launch 79 you go to the moon and catch deoxys
    the mew truck
    pikablu in the fuschia mans house below the PC was obtainable
    you could de-evolve a pokemon
    when a pokemon fainted from poisioning it died
    every time you anted to peform the missingno. glitch you had to speak to the guy in saffron with a pidgeot
    lombre evolved by level (i had a nightmare that he had to undergoe emergency evolution).
    the deep sea tooth didnt do anything so i sold it
    weezing was week to water because its skin looked dry
    that when the ss anne left i coudnt get to celadon so i restarted
    spelling onix in rock tunnel with your character would make it appear
    any hiker with an onix over lvl 14 was better than brock and deserved to be the gym leader
    you could find the guys glasses in R/S apart from the blackglasses and spent ages trying to find them
    the send a pokemon out then switching for exp worked like if yo left it out for longer it would get more xp
    EDIT: getting 150 pokemon in R/B ment getting mew from oak
    until 3rd gen i belived the rock type was weak to ice
    there would be light type
    anytime anyone used growl or swords dance or any move like that they had wasted a turn
    and finally...
    I thought the ss. anne woulg come back if you had a yer of play time so i left it on for ages 8766 hours logged and no ss. anne

wow thats a lot to get off my chest and most of them were down to my older brother.
    Last edited by The Joker.; 10th July 2011 at 11:31 AM.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Superior Snivy View Post
    I thought accuracy was a stat
    that pessing ab repeatedly helps you catch a pokemon
    stat drops were permenent
    at rocket launch 79 you go to the moon and catch deoxys
    the mew truck
    pikablu in the fuschia mans house below the PC was obtainable
    you could de-evolve a pokemon
    when a pokemon fainted from poisioning it died
    every time you anted to peform the missingno. glitch you had to speak to the guy in saffron with a pidgeot
    lombre evolved by level (i had a nightmare that he had to undergoe emergency evolution).
    the deep sea tooth didnt do anything so i sold it
    weezing was week to water because its skin looked dry
    that when the ss anne left i coudnt get to celadon so i restarted
    spelling onyx in rock tunnel with your character would make it appear
    any hiker with an onyx over lvl 14 was better than brock and deserved to be the gym leader
    you could find the guys glasses in R/S apart from the blackglasses and spent ages trying to find them
    the send a pokemon out then switching for exp worked like if yo left it out for longer it would get more xp

add more later

Even if the onix thing worked, I could see why it would not for you :P

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I believed that if a Shellder died, it turned into Ghastly. Someone in real life told me so when I was like 6 and he was like 11. Come to think of him now, he was downright stupid.

When I first played my brother's pokemon game I thought you got pokemon out of the pc by releasing them. I released all my brothers super strong pokemon and since I changed box I saved the game.

I thought pressing 'A' would speed up animation sequences.
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

Page 47 of 152 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast