Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The most aggravating Pokemon in The Ranger series

Angry The most aggravating Pokemon in The Ranger series

So, you play pokemon ranger, and then you happen to come across a pokemon that is seemingly hard to capture while you're having your stylus swung around in the screen in public like you're mentally challenged. Anyways, there is always a pokemon that stops you in your tracks and destroys your capturing device making you start over for your hard work. For me? hmm. LET ME LIST THEM
    Ludicolo (my first hardest)
    Charizard (practiced and successfully captured it)
    Steelix (STILL TRYING TO CAPTURE IT)

Some other opinions on your aggravating Pokemon?
    Last edited by Primal Crusader V; 26th January 2012 at 2:04 AM. Reason: Grammar errors. I was so young...
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Entei on the first pokemon ranger
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

Abomasnow, ice temple. 3rd ranger game.

Steelix in the first ranger game is pretty hard. I found out a trick to capture him, but you got to be really lucky. First, make sure he's coiling up, and when he is, blast him with Plusle/Minun and use Medicham as a pokemon assist and there you go.

Also Ninjask from the first ranger game is insanely difficult to capture as well.

Salamence also gave me some grief too. But I figured out how to circumvent it. After failing for a few turns. I went back and proceeded to capture it and caught it on the first loop.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

Salamence in the first one. Loads of loops and immunity to Plusle's zap... @_@

It didn't help that you had to get a certain number of loops to catch it. Thank goodness they replaced that with HP bars...

Who cares about cookies? Come to the Light Side, we have CUPCAKES!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 7100-3458-5872

Arceus in the past missions, when you're alone. Not only do you have to quickly take out 27 other pokemon, several of which are bosses, but you then have to take on Arceus; and with the brutal time limit (not to mention what he does, which I won't spoil here), it's very hard to capture him. I managed to capture him... eventually.
    I will not trade for hacked/cloned pokemon.
    5th gen: I can breed max Sp.Att/Speed Zoruas with Extrasensory and Dark Pulse with a modest nature.

gotta agree with salamence. So hard, especially when I cant touch the
    middle of my touch screen LOL
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    For seriously, call me Iams or Darkrai please ^^
    Currently training for the VGC.
    I own many event pokemon from all events other than dream world ones, if you missed an event I can work out a deal with you =^^=

~~~~Proud Furry~~~~

steelix and entei in the 1st ranger games all the other pokemon in the ranger games were easy for me

go hidan

I don't use "uber" Pokemon,I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection and I sometimes care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are barring unfortunate natures, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar and re-worded a little by me)

http://pokefarm.org/_ext/user/InfernapeX3
    please hold my eggs and feed my pokemon

also the other day metagross in Guardian signs gave me trouble.
    He was hard.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    For seriously, call me Iams or Darkrai please ^^
    Currently training for the VGC.
    I own many event pokemon from all events other than dream world ones, if you missed an event I can work out a deal with you =^^=

~~~~Proud Furry~~~~

Honchkrow in Guardian signs. I try and try, but I can't catch up with the bloody bird even on my Latias/Latios...
    My 3DS Friend Code #: Angel Skye - 0533-5949-4272
    if you want to ad me please PM me with your own Friend Code so I may ad you to my own 3DS. Plus can someone please tell me what kind of pokemon are showing up when you visit my Friend Safari zone in your game.

This trainer card was created for me by: Emerald Latias

If anyone is interested in reading any stories I've written, please click one of the trainer cards to be directed to where my stories are located, and please leave a review for whatever story read.

Try any of these challenges on a DSi XL. You have to draw circles as big as the moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Salamence was hard since we had to do 22 loops on the guy... Does anyone believe that I managed to capture him during a bumpy car ride?

Then Charizard, me and my bro keep on taking turns with the DS trying to catch him, which we finally succeeded a few hours later...

Then Steelix... was just brutal... Luckily there was a Sneasel around. Cost me my styler energy, but a much extended line is worth it...

Luckily they changed it at the next games, otherwise I might grow hating the Ranger games instead of loving them.

In honor of Mystica
    3DS FC: 3926-5714-3675 | Y IGN: Tempus

Salamence and Steelix in the first game, definitely. To be honest, I never even beat Salamence myself, my cousin did it for me. Also, Steelix took me forever because of not being able to touch it at all. Thanks to the HP bars, none of the pokemon in the other two games even come close. Drapion in Shadows of Almia gets an honorable mention for being the toughest out of the other two games, but it's not nearly as tough as these two. Although I don't think I was able to beat Drapion without Cranidos. Also, am I the only one who thought Guardian Signs was too easy? I blew through it in 2 days and didn't die once. Some of the things I noticed that made it too easy were the upgrade system (the difficulty never seems to rise to accommodate the fact that you're always leveling up your styler), the lack of challenging attacks (like Drapion's puddles that linger long enough to drain his HP bar), and that the HP bar doesn't seem to drain as fast.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 22nd December 2010 at 7:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I've played all three Pokemon Ranger games and I've defeated them all. Throughout each game, I've faced tons of annoying Pokemon, but the Steelix from the first Ranger game is the most aggravating Pokemon, ever. I dislike that thing and when I was playing through the first Ranger game again recently, I almost chucked the DS at the wall because that Steelix was so hard to capture. Even when using a Fighting assist, I couldn't make the loops capture Steelix and my Capture Styler broke about 10 times in a row. I had to get help with that but I was still pretty mad about that Steelix.

Chaiziard from Ranger Signs? I mean, come on! No pokéasists? Not even Pichu? the little guy folows you on the game like. Anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by LostMetagross View Post
    Chaiziard from Ranger Signs? I mean, come on! No pokéasists? Not even Pichu? the little guy folows you on the game like. Anywhere!
    If Charizard from Guardian Signs is the best you can come up with, then either you haven't played any of the other Ranger titles or you rely on Poke Assists too much. Because not only did I not have remotely any trouble with any of the pokemon in Guardian Signs, but I also barely had to use any Poke Assists the entire game. Am I the only person who thinks this game is a joke?
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

arceus and feraligatr
    nam nam nam nam

I got no ideas for a sig

In Shadows of Almia, unless you're using Poke assists(which I did), Regigigas > me. Drapion and Darkrai were fairly annoying as well. And let's not ever, EVER, forget the mighty Capture Arena.
    ~Fact of the Whenever~
    Life gives you lemons because a large portion of humanity wasn't thankful for the grapes it already had. Please treat all fruit with respect.

on the third pokemon ranger game, i am stuck in the past at magmorter -_-
    otherwise ive beaten the game and extra missions no problem
    but i guess i need to find another player to get passed all these past temples
    or buy another game, which id rather not do

When I battle I play as Kris!
    Name: Alexis | FC: 3969-5554-2965

I am playing through Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness yay :]
    ~*My Trade Shop: I received my own Shiny Gengar via code!!*~

Pokemon Ranger 1 -
    *1 - Camerupt - took me a couple years to get passed him... Until I realized I could use a styler instead of my fingers -_-
    2 - Mr. Mime - Took forever... those barriers drove me nuts!
    3 - Muk - those puddles...
    4 - Gyrados - was tough to get to the point of using plusle's assist
    5 - Ludicolo - tough avoiding the notes...
    6 - Charizard - that fire is hard to avoid...
    7 - Steelix - avoid touching him was tough
    8 - Altaria - What a pain to avoid lowered points!
    9 - Entei - for awhile anyway, but then discovered the secret short cut to getting him
    10 - Mew (Toughest) - catching it in time was tough.

Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Suicune, and Raikou were the easiest Legendary Pokemon for me, and only took 1 try!

Pokemon Ranger and the Shadows of Almia -
    Only Regiggigas - avoiding lowered points to 0 to get him takes many tries every time...

Pokemon Ranger and the Guardian Signs -
    Only Metagross - with Recharge being very difficult, takes many tries without losing all points.

all 3 games had flaws, 2 and 3 has what the other needs instead...

I'm stuck on Metagross in the lightning temple. Aswell as lacking time causing me to fail he is by far the hardest one I have had to endure in the ranger series. Makes me wish someone I knew had the game to help me out...

^overworlds made by me^

Just wait to you get to the next level. It's even harder than metagross.

I've only played the first Ranger game, but I'd have to say its definately Salamence. 22 Loops is not a small number, and his body size and constant disruption doesn't help.

Charizard wasn't that hard IMO. Steelix is easy once you figure out that you need the Sneasel. Flygon and the Kingdras were really easy. Entei was sort of hard, considering you have to go through Raikou and Suicune with no save, but he's manageable. Mew is IMPOSSIBLE unless you use the Shedinjas near the temple entrance.

Entei was soooo hard
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

The Deoxys Family!
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.’

Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius fan

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast