Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The most aggravating Pokemon in The Ranger series

1st game:
    *Charizard--didn't seem as bad the second time around, for some reason
    *Steelix--I gave up on the game for about two months because of this guy
    *Mr Mime--I gave up on the game for almost a year
    *Final battle--I still haven't managed to beat it
    The second game had its hard battles (Drapion was a pain), but overall it was a billion times easier. With a few exceptions, if you wiped out in a battle, you were just being careless.
    Tei Sukone is my bishie.

I was playing my Japanese Shadows of Almia for fun a few days ago and I challenged Regigigas at Hippowdon Temple and that thing was dreadful. I had forgotten how tough that thing is to catch; I accidentally moved the stylus towards one of Regigigas's shockwaves and that did a lot more damage than I expected, not to mention all its other abilities. I eventually gave up because even with multiple assists, it was a waste of time. I officially loathe Regigigas now.

I've only played the first two, so I'll list my least favourites from both of them.

Ranger:
    Flygon- It speeds around the screen at an unbelievable rate and is extraordinarily hard to catch up to.
    Salamence- You have to draw 50 or more loops continuously without the chain breaking while avoiding its attacks. Forget Steelix, this was the hardest capture for me.
    Steelix- It was still hard, though. It moves too erratically for it to be an easy boss.

Shadows (note: I have never fought Regigigas, so it will be exempt):
    Rampardos- It was more in my childhood, but I could never defeat it without having to capture more Pokémon for their Poke Assists. Funny thing is; in my last playthough, I found it extremely easy.
    Drapion- Same as Rampardos and for the same reason: I had a hard time defeating it, and when I finally did, my wrist was aching from the pain of so many circles and so many failed tries. I think that time was luck.
    Bastiodon- I genuinely hate fighting these. I find their attacks unpredictable and deadly, even in the overworld.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Drapion and Ramphardos (Shadows of Almia). These two were almost impossible to catch. I quit the game in rage >_>
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

It's been awhile since I played Pokémon Ranger, but I don't think I had more trouble than with Entei and Raikou in the first game. It could be that I just didn't know what I was doing though, while the other games I had more practice for.
    The medal rally isn't dead yet!!

241/255 medals

Haven't played much of the Rangers game, though what little I did with the first one was fun. From where I got to in that game, capturing a Charizard was hell for me, but that's probably because I was playing an emulator version. lol

Image by なべのふた
    This is all I need to feel safe and warm
    When we're together, that's all that matters

From the first game, someone I knew couldn't do |the Charizard, and they had been trying for like 5 hours. I said it was easy and they didn't believe me, so they gave it to me to do it. Did it first go 'cus I'm a boss, and it shut them up too
    Too much water guys!

I have played only Pokemon Rangers: Guardian Signs, so can't say about other two games. Butthere was some difficult and aggravating opponents in Guardian signs too

Garchomp: that this just sweeps through screen, it was hard to keep up or catch it
    Metagross: This was pain. It shooted those lasers like mad. And ten damage from hit, it was terrible opponent
    Charizard: No Poke assist, really?!
    Regigigas: Well, this was jus annoing, not really hard.

Then there is all Past Mission boss battles, like Tangrowth. Got stuck there about year before capturing it.
    Click my babies to help them to grow!

I have claimed Zebstrika! Thunder zebra power!
    I have also claimed Sacred Grove theme from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess!
    In-game name:Annabel
    Friend-code: 4957-3860-9818

I only played Shadows of Almia, and that stupid Drapion drove me insane. I've replayed the game more then once and I've been able to complete every other freaking mission in the game, but I always have to get someone else to do Drapion for me. And this is why I loathe the thing...
    Friend Code: 5215-1099-2937
    Y IGN: Jin
    Omega Ruby IGN: Haruka

Steelix cuz the line isn't even big enough to circle him

In Shadows of Almia, I have to say Drapion. It was really tough at the first battle.

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

Shadows of Almia, Cranidos! D:

Whatever I used, he just kept missing and dodging and when I FINALLY almost got him, he just killed me. :C

Almost set me off the series. xD
    ~Let's all find Sasukeeeee~
    Name: Hime
    Currently playing: Drawn to Life
    Next up: Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter
    Favourite Pokémon: Ambipom

I've only played guardian signs and shadows of almia, but the ones I got stuck on were Drapion, Rampardos and occasionally Regigigas in SoA, and Ditto in GS. Man, ditto's a bugger in that one!
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    Friend Safari- Phantump, Drifblim, Shuppet.
    FC: 2793-1931-7921
    Time zone- London-GMT
    Showdown alt: Delta-Omega
    Started my journey into PASBL, let's see how I fare...
    Team info here.

I must say that Rampardos in Shadows of Almia was my biggest enemy. ._.

I still can't beat it till this day.
    I have claimed Larvitar

In the first one, I never remember having any problems with anything besides Entei. BUT I to this day have never captured Rayquaza.
    In the second one Drapion and Rampardos were easy. Regigigas, Darkrai, and anything in the Arena were hard. Honorable mention goes to Celebi for being nearly impossible to catch up to.

And actually, speaking of Drapion, I was trying to look for my SoA game, but I realized my brother was using it in the toilet. lol

He was facing Drapion, and he yelled a couple times in there. xD

SHINIES

DRAGON EGGS

Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345